Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) (520 Views)

Nikki Catsouras Death Photo Controversy / Obituary Of A 15-Year-Old Girl Who Died After A Brief Illness (Photos) / Obituary Of Man Who Died At Age Of 170 In Abia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) by MrTrend(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
A 35-year-old Canadian woman has died of cancer earlier this month. It can be revealed that she spent the last moments of her life living it up, and it’s all detailed in her obituary which she pencil down.

Bailey Jean Matheson was diagnosed with cancer two-year ago, she decided to forgo chemotherapy and spend the rest of her time on Earth enjoying what time she had left. Sadly, she died on April 5.

In her obituary published April 9, Matheson urged people to not “take the small stuff so seriously and live a little.” She thanked several people, including her parents for “letting me live the rest of my life the way I believed it should be.”

She wrote: “I know how hard that must have been watching me stop treatment and letting nature take its course.” “I love you both even more for this.”

Matheson, a Canadian, wrote of being an only child, and thanked her friends for being the siblings she never had.

“I never thought I could love my friends more than I did but going through this and having your unconditional love and support you have made something that is normally so hard, more bearable and peaceful,” she said.

“To my Brent,” Matheson wrote to her boyfriend, whom she met just three months prior to her diagnosis. The couple seemingly met on a dating app, as she told him: “You had no idea what you were getting yourself into when you swiped right that day.”

“I couldn’t have asked for a better man to be by my side for all the adventures, appointments, laughs, cries and breakdowns,” she said. “You are an amazing person and anyone in your life is so fortunate to know you. I love you beyond words.”

Matheson wrote her own obituary because, “She said, ‘I don’t want it to sound like a normal, boring obituary. I want it to be a message to everybody I loved,” Matheson’s friend, Julie Carrigan, told NBC News’ TODAY.

For her part, Matheson lived a fulfilling life, as she wrote in her obituary: “35 years may not seem long, but damn it was good!”

See Her Photo Below:

See More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/cancer-shock-as-womans-self-written-obituary-goes-viral-after-her-death/

1 Share

Re: Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
She was so brave to come to terms with her impending death .

I believe she's at peace .

1 Like

Re: Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) by tsinzu: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Just a feel good story, she's dead just like others that didn't write their own obituary. No difference
Re: Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) by SenorFax(m): 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
I love the last part “35 years may not seem long, but damn it was good!”

RIP
Re: Woman’s Self-written Obituary Goes Viral After Her Death (Photo) by jesmond3945: 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
Cancer the wahala wey dey tidy white, all thanks to their lifestyle an eating habit.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help / Fever Of Unknown Origin / Make Una See How This Woman Do Her Landlord House Before She Pack Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.