Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Draw Near To GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Draw Near To GOD (225 Views)

Brought Near To God - Joseph Prince / Draw Near To God / Practical Ways To Draw Near To God Through Faith. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Draw Near To GOD by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 20, 2019
Draw near to GOD

James.4.8 - Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded. (NKJV)

Beloved, the Lord GOD wants you to draw near to Him that He may draw near to you. You may have backslid, sinned, returned to the world and its pleasures but He wants you to come back, to draw near to Him. You may find it difficult since you keep falling ( i.e returning to your sins) but have this consciousness that before a child begins to walk, he makes many attempt and fall and even while walking can still stumble.

It is very much possible for you to fall when you are in Christ, yes, but do not dwell in that state, rise up and draw near to GOD. Before attaining perfection, there will be mistakes but don't dwell on them, the Lord GOD is saying my son, my daughter, draw near that I may draw near to you.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Beloved, be sorry for your sins and humble yourself before GOD. If you are not truly sorry for your sins, even after repentance, you are very much likely to return to your old ways. True repentance occurs through godly sorrow. Be sorry that you have missed (not attained) the standard GOD has set for you. Be sorry for disobeying and displeasing Him.

2 Cor 7.10 - For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

True repentance comes through being unhappy about what you have done and going back to GOD in humility.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Humble yourself, ask Him to forgive you and He will forgive you. Beloved, you have backslid, yes but don't remain defeated, the devil will make you believe that there is no way out, he will keep accusing you so that you will not return but don't listen to his voice. Return and draw near to GOD.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Beloved, the Lord GOD is calling you to reason with Him, He saying let's discuss. Tell Him everything, pour out your hearts to Him, tell Him how you feel, tell Him about how you have failed Him, tell Him and ask Him to cleanse you and forgive you of your sins and surely He will. He is merciful and will forgive you.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

No delay Beloved, Now is the time, draw near to GOD and He will draw near to you. GOD bless you.

Are you reading this text and you have not given your life to Jesus Christ, the time is now, don't wait any longer, He wants you to accept Him today. He has been knocking, the time is now, He died that you may be saved from the hold of sins and darkness of this world.
If you have decided to accept Him, say the following;

Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died for my sins. Right now, I turn away from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I receive you as my personal Lord and Saviour. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

Hallelujah!!!, you are saved. If you have done this, text this number +2347012859552.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

https://www.facebook.com/107198816643962/posts/309640063066502/?app=fbl

(1) (Reply)

Download Best Nigerian Gospel Songs (march - April, 2019) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:sunday,april 28,2019 / I Think I'm Cursed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.