Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? (16413 Views)

Believing In JESUS Also Means Believing In His Teachings / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:

You are foaming in the mouth again after your lies were busted on various threads. It's either you lack understanding of the scriptures I clearly pasted up there OR you are telling us Apostle John is wrong.

Read Revelation 20 and stop showing us you're a blockhead!

If true believers are partakers of the first resurrection, then tell us the other people that are involved in the great white throne judgment who will be judged according to their works!

FATE OF THE TRUE BELIEVERS PER THE FIRST RESURRECTION Revelation 20 v 4-6

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

FATE OF OTHERS AFTER THE FIRST RESURRECTION Revelation 20 v 11-15

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

alBHAGDADI, that is what is in the book of Revelation 20, so tell me the "lies" you spotted if indeed you are not a blockhead

Cc: Muttleylaff

Those whose names are not written in the book of Life are those whose names are written in the books (plural). Those ones are condemned already and are only judged so as to appoint punishment to them based on the degree of their works. The judgment is not to pass some of them into heaven but to convict them of their sins and condemn them.

Your failure is that you don't know that works cannot take one to heaven. Never! No Jesus, no heaven and no eternal life, only eternal torment.

The Lies:

1 Jesus is not the only way to eternal life because works can grant one eternal life too.

2. Jesus lied when he said he is the only way to the Father.

3. People whose names are not written in the book of Life will now be included on judgment day because of their works.

You have no Bible verse to back this up with. You are simply deluded and fooled by your Antichrist stance. I can see that you have called your fellow confusionist.

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Anyone who's following this thread, Revelation 20 makes it clear on how for example;

1) Our forefathers who never heard of the name Jesus or what the gospel is about would be judged.... OR

2) How a boy raised in one of the tribes in the thick Amazon forest that has little or no contact with civilization and has never heard the name of Jesus...or what the gospel entails. That is how these kind of people would be judged.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:
Anyone who's following this thread, Revelation 20 makes it clear on how for example;

1) Our forefathers who never heard of the name Jesus or what the gospel is about would be judged.... OR

2) How a boy raised in one of the tribes in the thick Amazon forest that has little or no contact with civilization and has never heard the name of Jesus...or what the gospel entails. That is how these kind of people would be judged.

You are now afraid of quoting me. grin

Anyone reading this thread, kindly ask this Satanist to show you were his false claims are written in the Bible. He thinks he has back up, but I've debunked them as seen above. Scroll up. He's now afraid of confronting me. grin

The guy thinks the name of the God of Israel was not resonating in the ends of the world in those days. An Ethiopian man even went up to Jerusalem to worship the God of the Bible. Job wasn't even an Israelite. People far and wide worshipped God and acted as missionaries just as we have now.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
Why do you delight in telling lies even when the Truth stares you in the face?

I'll rip apart your lies one by one.

alBHAGDADI:

Those whose names are not written in the book of Life are those whose names are written in the books (plural). Those ones are condemned already and are only judged so as to appoint punishment to them based on the degree of their works. The judgment is not to pass some of them into heaven but to convict them of their sins and condemn them.

You just told a rotten lie here. Nowhere in the Bible did it mention that peoples' names (i.e. those who were not part of the first resurrection) were written in the books. It is either their name is written in the book of life or it was not written in the book of life.

Those other books contained the works/deeds of every one (i.e. those who missed out on the first resurrection). Read Revelation 20 v 12 carefully;

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

As you can see above, the books contained the deeds of everyone who missed out on the first resurrection....and not the names of those to be punished.

Read your Bible and stop telling lies!

alBHAGDADI:

Your failure is that you don't know that works cannot take one to heaven. Never! No Jesus, no heaven and no eternal life, only eternal torment.

Oh really? So why did Apostle John write the following?

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

alBHAGDADI:

The Lies:

1 Jesus is not the only way to eternal life because works can grant one eternal life too.

You lack understanding. Tell us how people who never heard of Jesus or the Gospel would be judged? I clearly mentioned something on my first post on this thread

"The great white throne judgment makes it crystal clear how those who do not know Jesus would be judged (note, I did not say those that outrightly rejected Jesus). These set of people will be judged according to their works."

Obviously, those who have heard of Jesus and the Gospel and rejected Him are clearly on their own

alBHAGDADI:

2. Jesus lied when he said he is the only way to the Father.

This applies to those who have heard of Jesus and the gospel. Tell us how those who never heard of Jesus or the Gospel. Tell us how they would be judged

alBHAGDADI:

3. People whose names are not written in the book of Life will now be included on judgment day because of their works.

If you do not lack comprehension, Revelation 20 makes it clear that True Believers have no business with the Book of Life, they were involved in the first resurrection and are exempted from the second judgement that comes after the millennial reign of Christ.

It is those who are to be judged according to their works that are meant to be bothered if their names are in the book of life or not.

alBHAGDADI:

You have no Bible verse to back this up with. You are simply deluded and fooled by your Antichrist stance. I can see that you have called your fellow confusionist.

You are a disgrace to the church and to the Kingdom of Heaven, your lies will always be exposed for everyone to see.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are now afraid of quoting me. grin

Anyone reading this thread, kindly ask this Satanist to show you were his false claims are written in the Bible. He thinks he has back up, but I've debunked them as seen above. Scroll up. He's now afraid of confronting me. grin

The guy thinks the name of the God of Israel was not resonating in the ends of the world in those days. An Ethiopian man even went up to Jerusalem to worship the God of the Bible. Job wasn't even an Israelite. People far and wide worshipped God and acted as missionaries just as we have now.

Afraid of quoting a non-entity and a hardened liar like you? That message was meant for those who can think and see the truth clearly...and not for blockheads like you.

Go and read Revelation 20 and wipe off your ignorance.

Cc: Muttleylaff, capitalzero, petrage, OpenYourEyes1, DavidEsq, AkpaMgbor, iamJ, Arkmanbuddy, Codyt, Grace001

See the confused clown called alBHAGDADI you've been dealing with.

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:

Afraid of quoting a non-entity and a hardened liar like you? That message was meant for those who can think and see the truth clearly...and not for blockheads like you.

Go and read Revelation 20 and wipe off your ignorance.

Cc: Muttleylaff, capitalzero, petrage, OpenYourEyes1, DavidEsq, AkpaMgbor, iamJ, Arkmanbuddy, Codyt, Grace001

See the confused clown called alBHAGDADI you've been dealing with.

After you got beaten blue-black, you now decided to go call your brothers to come and fight for you.

Me against the world

grin
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:
Why do you delight in telling lies even when the Truth stares you in the face?

I'll rip apart your lies one by one.

You just told a rotten lie here. Nowhere in the Bible did it mention that peoples' names (i.e. those who were not part of the first resurrection) were written in the books. It is either their name is written in the book of life or it was not written in the book of life.

Those other books contained the works/deeds of every one (i.e. those who missed out on the first resurrection). Read Revelation 20 v 12 carefully;

As you can see above, the books contained the deeds of everyone who missed out on the first resurrection....and not the names of those to be punished.

Read your Bible and stop telling lies!

Oh really? So why did Apostle John write the following?

You lack understanding. Tell us how people who never heard of Jesus or the Gospel would be judged? I clearly mentioned something on my first post on this thread

"The great white throne judgment makes it crystal clear how those who do not know Jesus would be judged (note, I did not say those that outrightly rejected Jesus). These set of people will be judged according to their works."

Obviously, those who have heard of Jesus and the Gospel and rejected Him are clearly on their own

This applies to those who have heard of Jesus and the gospel. Tell us how those who never heard of Jesus or the Gospel. Tell us how they would be judged

If you do not lack comprehension, Revelation 20 makes it clear that True Believers have no business with the Book of Life, they were involved in the first resurrection and are exempted from the second judgement that comes after the millennial reign of Christ.

It is those who are to be judged according to their works that are meant to be bothered if their names are in the book of life or not.

You are a disgrace to the church and to the Kingdom of Heaven, your lies will always be exposed for everyone to see.

In the lesson I taught you when you attended my school on the other thread, I said you should learn to divide scripture with scripture or else you will misconstrued what certain verses are saying.

Here you are saying people will be given eternal life based on their works, whereas the Bible says works are a filthy rags and can never get one to heaven because believe in Jesus is the only way to eternal life.

You only used one verse to try to explain your tonne of garbage, but I've used several verses that show Jesus is the only way to heaven (not works). How can you pick one verse and run wild after interpreting it wrongly, especially when tonnes of verses contradict your interpretation?

I told you that faith in God has always been the pass into heaven. Before Jesus became flesh, believe in him made many people of old saved e.g Abel, Abraham, Job etc Many of them exist before Israel. The God of Israel is not a stagnant God. His name traveled far and wide and the gentiles trembled.

Now ask yourself, since Jesus said he's the only way to eternal life, aren't your case for those you claim never heard of him or his father a case that claims he lied? You are here saying they can get eternal life of their own works when no Bible verse says such except one which you misconstrued despite tonnes of verses contradiction your understanding of it.

You say the believers have no business with the book of Life, whereas the book is about them and no one else. Read link below to see verses about the book of Life.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Book-Of-Life

Look dude, give up and stop trying to challenge God's word cos God will kill you for that.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

After you got beaten blue-black, you now decided to go call your brothers to come and fight for you.

Me against the world

grin

You obviously have nothing sensible to say.

After your lies and errors have been exposed... you are telling further lies that someone is beaten...

Hardened and shameless liar that you are...

I would have said you should study the Bible...but it's very obvious you lack understanding.

Your ignorance is so embarrassing...and everyone on this thread will acknowledge that.

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Me against the world

grin
And this is the mental attitude that Jesus taught u, right? To make debates out of God's word.

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

In the lesson I taught you when you attended my school on the other thread, I said you should learn to divide scripture with scripture or else you will misconstrued what certain verses are saying.

Here you are saying people will be given eternal life based on their works, whereas the Bible says works are a filthy rags and can never get one to heaven because believe in Jesus is the only way to eternal life.

You only used one verse to try to explain your tonne of garbage, but I've used several verses that show Jesus is the only way to heaven (not works). How can you pick one verse and run wild after interpreting it wrongly, especially when tonnes of verses contradict your interpretation?

I told you that faith in God has always been the pass into heaven. Before Jesus became flesh, believe in him made many people of old saved e.g Abel, Abraham, Job etc Many of them exist before Israel. The God of Israel is not a stagnant God. His name traveled far and wide and the gentiles trembled.

Now ask yourself, since Jesus said he's the only way to eternal life, aren't your case for those you claim never heard of him or his father a case that claims he lied? You are here saying they can get eternal life of their own works when no Bible verse says such except one which you misconstrued despite tonnes of verses contradiction your understanding of it.

You say the believers have no business with the book of Life, whereas the book is about them and no one else. Read link below to see verses about the book of Life.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Book-Of-Life

Look dude, give up and stop trying to challenge God's word cos God will kill you for that.

You are a rotten liar.

You are yet to tell us how those who never heard of Jesus and the gospel would be judged. I've used Revelation 20 to explain this clearly.

Did Revelation 20 mention that believers are going to be judged by their works? And if their names will be checked for in the book of Life?

They have no business with that because they were involved in the first resurrection and will act as Priests of Christ and God in the millennial reign.

This is clearly written in the Revelation 20. Use the scriptures to prove me wrong...and not that nonsense link you pasted up there.

Just go ahead and tell us Apostle John is telling lies

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:

You are a rotten liar.

You are yet to tell us how those who never heard of Jesus and the gospel would be judged. I've used Revelation 20 to explain this clearly.

Did Revelation 20 mention that believers are going to be judged by their works? And if their names will be checked for in the book of Life?

They have no business with that because they were involved in the first resurrection and will act as Priests of Christ and God in the millennial reign.

This is clearly written in the Revelation 20. Use the scriptures to prove me wrong...and not that nonsense link you pasted up there.

Just go ahead and tell us Apostle John is telling lies

The believers wont be judged based on those books. The book of Life was only presented alongside those other books during the judgment if those people to show then that they are not written in it. It is not in any way a suggestion that they will now be moved into it. Works based salvation is nowhere to be found in the Bible. You have no verse to support your stance but a misconstrued one leading to an idea that couldn't stand the test over other verses.

How God will judge those who never heard of the Gospel? How did you know some people never heard the gospel? Did you exist in their time?

Hod only has one way of judging and it is by righteousness which comes through faith in Jesus. No faith in Jesus, no eternal life. Or are you trying to say that Jesus is not the only one who gives eternal life and that one can earn it without Jesus? Heresy
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
DavidEsq:

And this is the mental attitude that Jesus taught u, right? To make debates out of God's word.

Mr Jehovah's False Witness, do you know the amount of times Paul debated with the Jews in synagogues?

You better go and carry that your bag and go to kingdom Hall for GB to feed you horsepoo
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The believers wont be judged based on those books. The book of Life was only presented alongside those other books during the judgment if those people to show then that they are not written in it. It is not in any way a suggestion that they will now be moved into it. Works based salvation is nowhere to be found in the Bible. You have no verse to support your stance but a misconstrued one leading to an idea that couldn't stand the test over other verses.

How God will judge those who never heard of the Gospel? How did you know some people never heard the gospel? Did you exist in their time?

Hod only has one way of judging and it is by righteousness which comes through faith in Jesus. No faith in Jesus, no eternal life. Or are you trying to say that Jesus is not the only one who gives eternal life and that one can earn it without Jesus? Heresy

Ogbeni you are very daft

Let's take a few examples.

As we speak, new tribes are being discovered in the Amazon forest. These tribes have never had contact with civilization.

Obviously they are primitive, and have never heard of the gospel or Jesus.

How will these people be judged?

I have referred you to Revelation 20, but since you disagree, tell us how these people will be judged... especially their ancestors that lived in ignorance of the gospel and Jesus

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Go and read Revelation 20 very well.

Believers will not be judged as they have partaken of the first resurrection!

It is those who missed out on the first resurrection that will be judged according to their works.

All their works and deeds are written in the books as Revelation 20 v 12 clearly states this!

Those whose names are not in the book of Life are dealt with as per Revelation 20 v 15.

How many times will one repeat this to sink into your thick skull?
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:

Ogbeni you are very daft

Let's take a few examples.

As we speak, new tribes are being discovered in the Amazon forest. These tribes have never had contact with civilization.

Obviously they are primitive, and have never heard of the gospel or Jesus.

How will these people be judged?

I have referred you to Revelation 20, but since you disagree, tell us how these people will be judged... especially their ancestors that lived in ignorance of the gospel and Jesus

You are here trying to make excuse for them by saying they never heard anything about God, whereas the Bible says they are without excuse because nature itself proclaims God to them.

Romans 1:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkCornel:

Go and read Revelation 20 very well.

Believers will not be judged as they have partaken of the first resurrection!

It is those who missed out on the first resurrection that will be judged according to their works.

All their works and deeds are written in the books as Revelation 20 v 12 clearly states this!

Those whose names are not in the book of Life are dealt with as per Revelation 20 v 15.

How many times will one repeat this to sink into your thick skull?

Don't you get it? Those who will be judged according to their works are not being judged to see whether their works can condemn them or get then eternal life. They are condemned already and are only being judged to convict them and to determine the degree of punishment they deserve.

Their works can never get them eternal life because their works of righteousnesses are as filthy rags. As seen below works cannot saved anyone, but as a liar that you are, you say the verse is a lie.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 10:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Mr Jehovah's False Witness, do you know the amount of times Paul debated with the Jews in synagogues?

You better go and carry that your bag and go to kingdom Hall for GB to feed you horsepoo
Paul never debated with the Jews, oga. Acts 18:19 says: "So they arrived at Ephʹe·sus, and he left them there; but he entered the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews".

2 Likes

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are here trying to make excuse for them by saying they never heard anything about God, whereas the Bible says they are without excuse because nature itself proclaims God to them.

Romans 1:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Just take a look at this dishonest moro.n...

I have always maintained my stand that there are people who have never heard of the Jesus or the gospel. But you've shamelessly shifted the goal post to "nature declaring God and bla bla bla"

So if nature can do this, then why did Jesus instruct his disciples to spread the good news?

Keep shooting yourself in the leg.

Revelation 20 has made it clear that those who missed out on the first resurrection will be judged according to their works, and if their names are not in the book of Life, they are dealt with as stated in verse 15.

Just go ahead and tell us Apostle John was wrong.

Or perhaps you just don't understand basic English
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't you get it? Those who will be judged according to their works are not being judged to see whether their works can condemn them or get then eternal life. They are condemned already and are only being judged to convict them and to determine the degree of punishment they deserve.

Their works can never get them eternal life because their works of righteousnesses are as filthy rags. As seen below works cannot saved anyone, but as a liar that you are, you say the verse is a lie.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

You are the one who doesn't understand anything.

All that thing you wrote up there applies to those who have heard about Jesus and the gospel.

What happens to those who never heard it?

The answers are in Revelation 20. They are judged according to their works.

It's people like you with you that reduces the master of the universe to a religious bigot.

Go and read Revelations 20 and deal with your ignorance.

True believers will partake of the first resurrection. Those who missed out on the first resurrection are judged according to their works. If their names are in the book of Life.. good for them. If it's not...too bad for them.

Like I said earlier, go and read Revelations 20 slowly.

Anything to the contrary per the above is a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 5:16am On Apr 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nowhere in the Bible is it written that people can enter heaven on the basis of their works. It is through faith in Jesus that one can make heaven.

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So you're trying to tell us Revelation 20 v 11-15 is not in your Bible...or it was extracted from the Koran?

alBHAGDADI:

But according to you, those whom you say never knew Jesus can make heaven based on their works. This means that the Bill Gates of old will simply make heaven due to his charitable deed. This clearly shows that Jesus is a liar for saying he's the only way to heaven, according to you. Now, you are saying that there are other ways which a sane mind can see that money is one of them. That means that rich people will boast when they get to heaven because their riches paved the way for them. But the Bible verse above says works can get anyone saved or else they will boast.

Now it is obvious I'm dealing with someone who has an empty skull. Go and read the first paragraph of my first post on this thread. I clearly said this;

The great white throne judgment makes it crystal clear how those who do not know Jesus would be judged (note, I did not say those that outrightly rejected Jesus). These set of people will be judged according to their works.

If those rich people have heard of Jesus and the Gospel, and they rejected it. They are on their own. I have said it over and over again on this thread, but you are too d.umb to even understand something as basic as that.

alBHAGDADI:

The judgment based on works spoken of in the Bible passage you quoted wasn't talking about a judgement that will tender some doomed while those with good works will make heaven. They are all doomed already for not being in the book of Life. And since no Bible verse says works gives eternal life, then it means they are all doomed. Yet this one thinks God is going to allow people into heaven based on works which are filthy rags.

Why do you still tell lies even when the truth stares you in the face?

Those who missed out on the first resurrection will be judged based on their works. If their names are not written in the book of life, they are punished in line with Revelation 20 v 15. Why are you finding it difficult to accept what John wrote there? Or are you telling us John is wrong?

alBHAGDADI:

Isaiah 64:6 King James Version (KJV)
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

Stop cropping out the punchlines from my posts.

Blind, shameless, filthy and hardened liar! Show everyone anything in your posts I cropped out while replying you.

You are just eager to tell lies like you do on your other threads...
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

The thief repented and did the right thing.

He was saved by his last minutes righteousness and belief and love for GOD.
You believe in GOD? You MUST also keep his commandments and be righteous

pls this is heresy, the theif was not saved by his last minute righteousness and belief in God neither was it because of his repentance.

the theif had no righteousness, he depended 100% on Jesus.

he knew he was a theif undeserving of God's mercy but still still ask Jesus to remember him in paradise.
He longed to be with Jesus and trusted that Jesus can do it irrespective of his sinful condition.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 25, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

You believe in GOD? You MUST also keep his commandments and be righteous
wrong! we don't keep God's commandment to be righteous but we keep God's commandment because we are righteous.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 25, 2019
what will happen to those who didnt hear the gospel of Jesus?

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

God knew before time those whom he will save.

salvation is through faith in Jesus. what and what necessitate this faith is the evidence God had put in place.

God had never left man in darkness concerning his ways.

even conscience is a pointer to this fact. Humans knew God Almighty is righteous and will never lower his standard for anything but humans on the other hand are sinful, yes even without the Jewish law all other people knew there is evil even though it may be twisted.

they knew there was retribution (judgment) for every action which some call kamal.

But instead of seeking God and his truth they decided to create their own lie.

they look for other gods that suit what they desire and rejected almighty eg saying he is too far.

they looked for a way to override God's 100% perfection by inventing reincarnation myth in which humans keep coming and going so that they can be perfect .

God on other hand knows exactly those who will believe on him and he predestined it to be so but he left evidences of himself for all to see so that no one will have an excuse.

Humans have always seek to justify themselves even when their wickedness is obvious.
that is why you see people blaming the devil. or government or others for their own actions.

Humans feel God can overlook some of their wickedness because they have tried to do good or live in peace ( who do you think you are deceiving).

Humans categorize their sins. some they call mistake, some they call small errors, others they term big( especially the ones others commit).

God is not like that, he is Holy, righteous and impartial.

The wages of sin is death, no sinner can dwell with God.

there were people who were seek and tired of the hypocrisy of the human society and were aware of their own unworthiness but looked to God for their own redemption.

God search those people out and revealed himself to them e.g Abraham, Noah, Abel, etc.

these men were not seeking mans fake self righteousness but a righteousness from God.

God revealed himself to them they believed him and were saved.

Jesus christ is the solution God provide for them and for all those who seek the true righteousness from heaven hence For God so loved the world and he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus sermon on the mount said blessed are those that hunger and test for righteousness (true righteousness) for they shall be fed (Jesus). and Jesus said later that he is the bread of heaven and whosoever eat of this bread will never die again.

Jesus Christ is the true righteousness for those who seek true righteousness.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 7:10am On Apr 25, 2019
OkCornel:

So you're trying to tell us Revelation 20 v 11-15 is not in your Bible...or it was extracted from the Koran?

Now it is obvious I'm dealing with someone who has an empty skull. Go and read the first paragraph of my first post on this thread. I clearly said this;

The great white throne judgment makes it crystal clear how those who do not know Jesus would be judged (note, I did not say those that outrightly rejected Jesus). These set of people will be judged according to their works.

If those rich people have heard of Jesus and the Gospel, and they rejected it. They are on their own. I have said it over and over again on this thread, but you are too d.umb to even understand something as basic as that.

Why do you still tell lies even when the truth stares you in the face?

Those who missed out on the first resurrection will be judged based on their works. If their names are not written in the book of life, they are punished in line with Revelation 20 v 15. Why are you finding it difficult to accept what John wrote there? Or are you telling us John is wrong?

Blind, shameless, filthy and hardened liar! Show everyone anything in your posts I cropped out while replying you.

You are just eager to tell lies like you do on your other threads...

Typical of you to keep applying the same tactics even when defeated with scriptures. What's the tactics you keep applying?

You keep clinging on to a single verse or passage even when you have been show tonnes of verses which exposes how misconstrued you got the verse you are clinging to. But a stubborn goat will rather continue to cling because he doesn't want the truth.

Learn to divide scriptures with scriptures. By the way, you are not born again and so therefore you can't argue the words of my father with me because they are spirit and for his children who have his spirit in them.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2019
solite3:

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

salvation is through faith in Jesus. what and what necessitate this faith is the evidence God had put in place.

even conscience is a pointer to this fact. Humans knew God Almighty is righteous and will never lower his standard for anything but humans on the other hand are sinful, yes even without the Jewish law all other people knew there is evil even though it may be twisted.

they knew there was retribution (judgment) for every action which some call kamal.

they look for other gods that suit what they desire and rejected almighty eg saying he is too far.

they looked for a way to override God's 100% perfection by inventing reincarnation myth in which humans keep coming and going so that they can be perfect .

God on other hand knows exactly those who will believe on him and he predestined it to be so but he left evidences of himself for all to see so that no one will have an excuse.

Humans have always seek to justify themselves even when their wickedness is obvious.
that is why you see people blaming the devil. or government or others for their own actions.

Humans feel God can overlook some of their wickedness because they have tried to do good or live in peace ( who do you think you are deceiving).

Humans categorize their sins. some they call mistake, some they call small errors, others they term big( especially the ones others commit).

there were people who were seek and tired of the hypocrisy of the human society and were aware of their own unworthiness but looked to God for their own redemption.

God search those people out and revealed himself to them e.g Abraham, Noah, Abel, etc.

these men were not seeking mans fake self righteousness but a righteousness from God.

Jesus christ is the solution God provide for them and for all those who seek the true righteousness from heaven hence For God so loved the world and he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus sermon on the mount said blessed are those that hunger and test for righteousness (true righteousness) for they shall be fed (Jesus). and Jesus said later that he is the bread of heaven and whosoever eat of this bread will never die again.

If this post doesn't school Okcornel, then he's totally deaf and blind.

I like the second to the last paragraph which shows that those who taste after righteousness will be fed. All those who did so in time past got fed. People who didn't get fed rejected God's righteousness evident even in nature and charted their own course.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 7:26am On Apr 25, 2019
OkCornel:

You are the one who doesn't understand anything.

All that thing you wrote up there applies to those who have heard about Jesus and the gospel.

What happens to those who never heard it?

The answers are in Revelation 20. They are judged according to their works.

It's people like you with you that reduces the master of the universe to a religious bigot.

Go and read Revelations 20 and deal with your ignorance.

True believers will partake of the first resurrection. Those who missed out on the first resurrection are judged according to their works. If their names are in the book of Life.. good for them. If it's not...too bad for them.

Like I said earlier, go and read Revelations 20 slowly.

Anything to the contrary per the above is a lie.

Typical of you to always cling to one verse even in the face of verses that contradicts your idea of that verse.

Nothing I wrote up there only applies to a section of people. It applied to all humans because God doesn't have a separate yardstick for different people. He has always been the same and saved people based on their faith. Abraham had faith and was made righteous because of that. We have faith today and are righteous because of that. But a Satanist like you says some people will attain righteousness based on their works which is filthy rags before God. They will be rejected just as Good rejected Cain who depended on his works instead of Jesus.

The word of God transcends time and is applicable both present and past.

The above verse says works can never get anyone saved. Yet you throw it away by saying the verse was written for those who heard the gospel. Where is such stated? You just had to come up with that just to support your claim. One you thing you fail to know is that whatever was written in the Bible is settled in heaven as basis for whatever they stand for.

psalm 119:89
LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

If the apostles say people will only be saved by Grace through faith and moot of works, then you have called them a liar by saying God has another method of saving which is through works. It s typical of you to say such since you also said Jesus is not the only way to eternal life.

Now, watch as you still stubbornly stick to one verse like a goat and dog that you are.
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Typical of you to always cling to one verse even in the face of verses that contradicts your idea of that verse.

You are a numb skull and a shameless liar. Here are the words of Jesus himself to Apostle John in the book of Revelation which also buttresses what I've said earlier.

Revelation 22 v 10-12;

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

alBHAGDADI, please go ahead and argue with Jesus or Apostle John. Tell them that they are wrong! These are the words of Jesus himself.

alBHAGDADI:

Nothing I wrote up there only applies to a section of people. It applied to all humans because God doesn't have a separate yardstick for different people. He has always been the same and saved people based on their faith. Abraham had faith and was made righteous because of that. We have faith today and are righteous because of that. But a Satanist like you says some people will attain righteousness based on their works which is filthy rags before God. They will be rejected just as Good rejected Cain who depended on his works instead of Jesus.

The word of God transcends time and is applicable both present and past.

The above verse says works can never get anyone saved. Yet you throw it away by saying the verse was written for those who heard the gospel. Where is such stated? You just had to come up with that just to support your claim. One you thing you fail to know is that whatever was written in the Bible is settled in heaven as basis for whatever they stand for.

psalm 119:89
LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

If the apostles say people will only be saved by Grace through faith and moot of works, then you have called them a liar by saying God has another method of saving which is through works. It s typical of you to say such since you also said Jesus is not the only way to eternal life.

Now, watch as you still stubbornly stick to one verse like a goat and dog that you are.

Again I will repeat it till it sinks into your thick skull. These are the words of Jesus in Revelations 22 v 12;
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Also go and read what John saw at the great white throne Judgment;

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Go ahead and tell us Apostle John was lying. I am waiting patiently.

alBHAGDADI:

I have also included Revelations 22 v 12 WHICH ARE THE WORDS OF JESUS HIMSELF

I'm waiting patiently for you to tell us Jesus himself is wrong, you shameless liar.

Read these verses and stop barking like a rabid dog
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Typical of you to keep applying the same tactics even when defeated with scriptures. What's the tactics you keep applying?

You keep clinging on to a single verse or passage even when you have been show tonnes of verses which exposes how misconstrued you got the verse you are clinging to. But a stubborn goat will rather continue to cling because he doesn't want the truth.

Learn to divide scriptures with scriptures. By the way, you are not born again and so therefore you can't argue the words of my father with me because they are spirit and for his children who have his spirit in them.

I have given you the words of Jesus in Revelation 22 v 12;

I have also included what John wrote about the great white throne judgment.

alBHAGDADI, the truth is staring at you in the face. God is not a religious bigot as you paint Him out to be.

1 Like

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 9:00am On Apr 25, 2019
Just as on other threads of alBHAGDADI, he tells lies shamelessly and I keep exposing him. Just take a look at some of the lies he has spewed on this thread which runs contrary to what is in the scriptures;

Lie Number 1 - The "Books" in the great white throne judgment contains the names of people that are not written in the book of Life.

alBHAGDADI:

But this was what the scripture clearly said. The books recorded the works and deeds of those who did not partake in the first resurrection;

Revelation 20 v 12;

Lie Number 2: Those who did not partake in the first resurrection are judged according to their works to determine "their degree of punishment"

alBHAGDADI:

alBHAGDADI being a shameless and hardened liar clearly saw what John wrote in Revelation 20 v 11-15 concerning how those who missed out on the first resurrection would be judged. It is either their name is in the book of life and they're spared or it's not in the book of life and they're cast into eternal punishment.

alBHAGDADI, the truth is staring you in the face. No wonder you reacted like a rabid dog as soon as you saw my comment on this thread. You knew your lies were going to be exposed.

A liar that claims to be born-again... how amusing
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 9:09am On Apr 25, 2019
solite3:

Let me get this straight;

1) Those who never heard of Jesus Christ or the Gospel are doomed and going to hell? For example, a lost tribe in the Amazon that had no contact with civilization are doomed and going to hell for not hearing about Jesus or the Gospel?

2) Won't these people be judged by their conscience and the extent of truth they have been exposed to?

3) What is your take on the Great white throne Judgment as written by Apostle John?

Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2019
OkCornel:
Just as on other threads of alBHAGfDADI, he tells lies shamelessly and I keep exposing him. Just take a look at some of the lies he has spewed on this thread which runs contrary to what is in the scriptures;

Lie Number 1 - The "Books" in the great white throne judgment contains the names of people that are not written in the book of Life.

But this was what the scripture clearly said. The books recorded the works and deeds of those who did not partake in the first resurrection;

Revelation 20 v 12;

Why didn't they partake in the first resurrection? Because they were not born again and are therefore condemned already. They just had to be judged so that they will see the reason why they are being condemned.

The book of Life is a book that contains the name of everyone that has been saved by Grace through faith, from To we existing today. Of your name is not written there, it means you are doomed.

The book of Life has been containing the names of believers, not unbelievers.

Philippians 4:3
Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

That is why it is so clearly that those whose name are not found in the book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Yet, this Satanist is saying they still have been chance because their works will save them despite tonnes of verses saying otherwise.

OkCornel:

Lie Number 2: Those who did not partake in the first resurrection are judged according to their works to determine "their degree of punishment"

alBHAG.DADI being a shameless and hardened liar clearly saw what John wrote in Revelation 20 v 11-15 concerning how those who missed out on the first resurrection would be judged. It is either their name is in the book of life and they're spared or it's not in the book of life and they're cast into eternal punishment.

alBHAG.DADI, the truth is staring you in the face. No wonder you reacted like a rabid dog as soon as you saw my comment on this thread. You knew your lies were going to be exposed.

A liar that claims to be born-again... how amusing

They are shown the book of Life for them to be fully aware that they deserve to be condemned. Verse 15 says all those whose name are not in the book of Life are cast into the lake of fire. That is clearly what happenes to them for not being on the book of life. The onus is now on you to show me where else it is stated that they do not end up in the lake of fire but are sent to heaven. grin

Oya, start all over again with the same verse. grin
Re: Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Why didn't they partake in the first resurrection? Because they were not born again and are therefore condemned already. They just had to be judged so that they will see the reason why they are being condemned.

The book of Life is a book that contains the name of everyone that has been saved by Grace through faith, from To we existing today. Of your name is not written there, it means you are doomed.

The book of Life has been containing the names of believers, not unbelievers.

Philippians 4:3
Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

That is why it is so clearly that those whose name are not found in the book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Yet, this Satanist is saying they still have been chance because their works will save them despite tonnes of verses saying otherwise.

This notorious liar that never gives up. You clearly mentioned that the books contained the names of unbelievers. After I exposed you are shifting the goal post to something else.

alBHAGDADI:

Revelation 20 v 12;

alBHAGDADI:

They are shown the book of Life for them to be fully aware that they deserve to be condemned. Verse 15 says all those whose name are not in the book of Life are cast into the lake of fire. That is clearly what happenes to them for not being on the book of life. The onus is now on you to show me where else it is stated that they do not end up in the lake of fire but are sent to heaven. grin

Oya, start all over again with the same verse. grin

You are showing everyone how empty headed you are. So you lack understanding of the basic english stated in that scripture?

Where did Apostle John mention that everyone who did not partake in the first resurrection are automatically banished to the lake of fire?

The truth stares you in the face, and you keep on replying with lies...

Now read verse Revelation 20 v15 slowly and carefully if you have understanding.

all those whose name are not in the book of Life are cast into the lake of fire

Does the above verse say that everyone involved in that phase of judgment are casted into the lake of fire? or does it say only those whose names are not written in the book of life are casted into the fire...

Keep on showing every nairalander you have zero understanding of english language

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Spirit Filled Praise And Worship Songs / What Intimacy In Marriage Really Mean And How To Build It - Faith Oyedepo / Happy 73rd Birthday To Pastor Folu Adeboye!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.