Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon (36006 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by EmagNig(m): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2019
Senegalese-American Entertainer, Akon has shared an interesting perspective on why Africa is better than America.
According to the music mogul, it is the media that is portraying Africa in the negative light:

‘the images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America" he said

He further stated in the video that Africans need to start telling their positive stories to their children and stop the spread of negative news about the continent, as the media are always quick to pick this up and spread further to the rest of the civilized world.

See Video Here:

https://lailasnews.com/africa-is-better-than-america-akon/

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Ahmed0336(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2019
no matter how hard you explain many youths will never see it from that perspective.

it's all good!!

202 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by amaniro: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2019
Akon, I'm with you on this. cool

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by sinaj(f): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2019
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 21, 2019
I concur.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by midolian(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2019
It is simple. Come back to Africa grin

230 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2019
Its hard to do bro. No proper education going on around here. Many Nigerians don't know their history, hence they don't know themselves. They believe everything the whites (who don't really know us) says about us.

And our leaders, they like it like that wink

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 21, 2019
In corruption and under development, yes.

If to say u no been dey Gods own country you for just be one motor park tout.

And if you say the media is portraying bad image, what of we that live in it. If given an opportunity I will portray Africa using Nigeria (the capital shithole of Africa ) as a case study in bad light , cos I have seen the bad, bad and the ugly in this god forsaken land of ours.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by hungryboy(m): 9:27am On Apr 21, 2019
Yeah.
If you wish to get away with murder
evade paying taxes while making millions,
Pay your workers less than minimum wage while making millions
Buy yourself a certificate and even a job placement

Africa and particularly Nigeria, should be your destination

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Chubhie: 10:12am On Apr 21, 2019
Africa is the best place to be.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Thales01: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2019
I dissent from his erroneous statement.
If Africa were to be better than America,Africans wouldn't be emigrating from their respective countries in droves in search of green pastures abroad.
But Africa possesses tremendous potentials to outpace America in terms of development and advancement evident in the fact that Africa is the home to limitless human and natural resources.Unfortunately,dearth of percipient leadership is impeding our progress as a continent.Power-hungry african leaders have the flawed mentality about power as an avenue for self aggrandizement instead of actualization of the common good of the people.That is why most African countries are mired in pervasive corruption.That is why Africa still remain backward in spite of its endless potentialities.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by megareal: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa is not better but Africa is good. We have a rich history, rich culture, artifacts and lots of natural resources.

Africa is just cursed with terrible leaders. But the people and the society is good, (discount the few bad eggs, they are everywhere).

However foreign media do us no good and we don't do ourselves good either. Example is Nairaland where the average youth has nothing good to say about their nation, women, culture, religion etc.

We will never be taken seriously if we don't take ourselves seriously.

Our people say, the owner calls his house wretched and the neighbors help him set it on fire.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by davillian(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
I won't say Africa as a whole
I would just say Nigeria is the shiiithole capital of Africa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by AngelHoly(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
It might be true but still dnt give a Bleep

God...please second chance
Dnt lemme smell this hell fire again

Their nonsense too much...

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by MufasaRebirth: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Rubbish talk

9 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by crazyABO(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
They dunno wink
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by XaviDayo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Bros....forget that talk abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by IvarTheTerrible: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
angry

Many harvests ago, i was a fisherman on the banks of River Niger.

I told Bassey "Africa is better than USA"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by lepasharon(f): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
The media portraying Africa in a bad light? I bet he has never lived in Africa.

11 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Uyomeyouyo: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jestin: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Truly there is no place like home...all we want is a little improvement on the side of the government by providing constant electricity, good road and security & I will be the first to pick up my luggage

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
How d f do you compare a continent to a country

5 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by TheAngry1: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by diggz: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Raumdeuter when are you coming back to Africa?

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Ugosample(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akon does not know what he is saying cheesy grin

Africa is better than America for the black man SOCIALLY because racism is not rife

but that is cancelled out by tribalism and myopia.

Africa is a rich continent in resources , but human capital is ZERO.

14 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Ubdavis(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
They dey dey consul them!!!
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by jericco1(m): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
I won't argue. today is Easter Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Odingo1: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
He should live by example and come and live in Africa or he should shut up.He should return to Senegal and we take him serious.

11 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Beulah77: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akon shot up there before thunder go fire your mouth there, I challenge you to return back to Africa and stay

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Simple Come back to African. Nonsense undecided

4 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Flashh: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
But you left Africa, for America to blow.

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu Releases New Breath-taking Photos..check On It!!! / Taju Receives Cheese Balls: Before & After Photos / Sophia Alakija Celebrates Husband, Wale On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.