Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor (11961 Views)

Dino Melaye Will Acquire A Private Jet If He Becomes Governor Of Kogi / Ambode Dumped By Idiat Adebule, Deputy Governor Of Lagos, For Sanwo-olu / Ambode Breaks Down In Tears As APC Bigwigs Settle For Sanwo-Olu - Pulse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by COMPAQ(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
I was just sitting here thinking and I came up with my personal things I'd like Sanwo Olu to quickly address once he becomes governor:

Complete unfinished projects such as the lagos Airport road, badagry expressway, the okokomaiko marina rail line, oshodi interchange, onikan stadium and the yoruba cultural center. (this is in he assumption that they won't be finished before Ambode leaves office

Address refuse in a smart and holistic way. Personally I think its about time the government forced coca cola, Pepsi and makers of pure water to form a spv to be responsible for recycling plastic waste in lagos. Majority of the waste in our gutters is made up of soft drink and water bottle plastics, pure water satchets and food containers. If the companies refuse to do so then Sanwo Olu should ban such single use plastics in lagos. The clogging of our gutters by these plastics is a major cause of flood.

Also address traffic in a comprehensive and holistic manner. From other modes of transport, indiscipline on our roads, state of roads, number of cars on our roads etc. With real will and creativity, traffic in lagos can be considerably improved.

Remove the street urchins and hawkers from our roads. There are just too many in this category in lagos.

Remove those who use every available space on our streets to be frying poff poff, akara, buns, fruits, suya, indomie etc. Some people have started selling food right on the walkway at bus stops. And of course the impact is that they mess up the road by throwing waste water, food remnants and food packaging plastics unto the road. I don't deny people right to make a living, but it has to be done the right way. Roadsides is not the place for every business and market.

Although electricity is not in the purview of state government, but it would be good if he can get involved somehow. I recall ambode had some initiative to add 3000MW to lagos state.

Go on a comprehensive road rehabilitation drive. For a state that has annual budgets close to N1trl ($2.7bln). Surely if Lasg contracted RCC, JB, HiTech and maybe Setraco to do proper road resurfacing of problem areas over 2years and dedicate N50bln per year between October of one year and April of next year, we will smile in Lagos. I always say that quality is better than quantity. Some roads done properly by JB in 2001/2 are still serving us well for 18years despite heavy load on them over and above what roads experience in developed countries. Such roads are Awolowo road, ikoyi, ojuelegba yaba Road, kudirat abiola Road oregun etc. If we focus on keeping existing roads well maintained, we don't really need to focus on new roads. Just some smart interventions (the lay by going to Ketu and at iyana oworo were really smart and useful)

Feel free to add yours.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by ainas247: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
cool He should focus on Housing.. to make it easy for people...
build government houses and let people pay installments

Put your business on Google page 1
fast starting getting clients

4 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Earthquake3: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
You mean what would Tinubu focus on?

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by seunaj: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sanwo Eko and run away from Mercy Aigbe.

6 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by SweetCunt97(f): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
The dirty congested roads

8 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
Enriching tinubu

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by BOOZELEE: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lols..He should make igbos 70percent of his cabinet members.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Meliaen(f): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Traffic control. In short, good transport system. Revive rail transport.

Igbo people too would want to have an opinion. Watch and see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by sotall(m): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by lexyman(m): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
uninterrupted power supply .(Electricity) . FG Cnt handle this . i ve lost hope in them. lagosians are willing to pay more for it, if it will be stable

2 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by GTFO(f): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
on the bullion van(s) entering his Godfather's compound uppandan !!

Nonsense!! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ease of doing business in lagos state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Shikini: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
After accumulating over #1.4 trillion foreign debts, Lagos does not have public water
supply and it's a shame for a city that prides itself as a center of excellence.

I don't know what Tinubu and Fashola used such huge foreign loans for despite the massive IGR.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by nymphomaniac(m): 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
If he does half of what you listed OP, I guarantee him a 2nd term.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by helinues: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Agbero overhaul
Expansion of roads
Psychiatric test for all the officers on the road ( Lastma, Vio e.t.c
Water transportation should be expanded
Ever since creation, no running public water in Lagos state( attention seriously needed)

And lastly, budget to Bourdillion should be cut to 1/4

4 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by glingev(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ijegun ,ijagemo road needs urgent attention

3 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by naijajobx: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nigerian politicians have done far from nothing for the poor masses

1 Like

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Earthquake3: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
nymphomaniac:
If he does half of what you listed OP, I guarantee him a 2nd term.

Are you Tinubu?

8 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by gift01: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
The Roads and Dirt

2 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Lordofthewest(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lmao...They'll soon comman remind you of how they own 98% of Lagos and how tinubu owns the remaining 2%.
Meliaen:
Traffic control. In short, good transport system. Revive rail transport.

Igbo people too would want to have an opinion. Watch and see.

3 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Amuocha: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Resignation
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by dulux07(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
He is a puppet, He has nothing to offer, he should focus on bringing sanity to his party, i doubt if he can achieve half of what ambode achieved undecided greedy set of people

1 Like

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Zico5(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
Isawo road, Ikorodu o. We are tired of dust for that road. Sanwo olu Should do something asap o.

6 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by ItzBIM(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
How to retain our doctors and professional workers and stop losing them to other countries .

3 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Denikayan: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
He needs to subsidize beer retail rate in Lagos

If he can focus on that, then I believe Lagos will be a better place.

Catfish also, he can replicate same.

8 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by franchasng: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
1.) Bad roads: 90% of Lagos roads are worn out! Lagosians now spend more time on road traffic caused by bad roads, potholes than they spend at work, home or business, its sad!

2.) Insecurity is rising in Lagos again. I heard some areas on Lagos mainland; Oshodi, Mushin, Ajegunle, etc have started to witness influx of criminals and house to house robbery that used to be a thing of the past has gradually returned back to Lagos mainland.

3.) Waste management! Lagos has overtaken Aba and Ibadan as the dirtiest cities in Nigeria. Ambode should double his effort to make Lagos a clean state because it is the gateway to Nigeria.

If Sanwo-Olu can succeed in these three things, then he should prepare to contest for President after his 8 years in office.

Wish him Gods wisdom and grace to lead well.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by AngelHoly(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
Reduce all this nurtw

Stop all those Muslim morning prayers dat usually wake me up

Go and control dat ikotun traffic
And finally tell bet naija dat if one cut and others enter
They shuld pay yuh according to the odds dat enter

4 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Onarabu: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
ainas247:
cool He should focus on Housing.. to make it easy for people...
build government houses and let people pay installments

Put your business on Google page 1
fast starting getting clients
In addition to this, he should reduce building approval fee and make it faster to obtain.

1 Like

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by fidelitystrs: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
He should work on making Lagos secured again.

Check my signature
Get free website services.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by OboOlora(f): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
He should focus on his rehabilitation, we don’t want a relapse of his schizophrenic episodes

3 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by EmmyDJourno: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
First of all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue / PAP: The Task Ahead Of General Barry Tariye Ndiomu / 170,000 PUs On IReV, BVAS Reconfiguration To Be Completed Tuesday – INEC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.