Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus (6166 Views)

Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Awestruck, Death stood before the presence of Life completely paralyzed and helpless, staring at His magnificent glory - the glory of the one whom he had thought he had destroyed forever, the man Jesus Christ.

The resurrection of Jesus is no granny-fable, it is a well proven fact of the scriptures. Throughout the Bible, the evidences of His resurrection are laid bare via the testimonies of several men and women who had not only seen Him but have touched and heard Him.

By looking at certain things surrounding His death and burial also, we can find proofs that His body was never stolen and hidden somewhere else by His disciples. A belief that is strongly held by some Jews, Atheists and other non believers.

First, the Tomb was sealed with a great stone rolled on it. Unlike other Jewish graves or tombs at that time that had some sort of doors, this one had a great stone rolled on it. Thus rendering it permanently closed from all forms of external interference.

“So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.” (Mat 27:66)

After this great stone was rolled on the tomb’s entrance, a seal was placed on it. This seal by the Roman Soldiers who must have carefully inspected the tomb of Jesus to make sure the body was there before the stone is rolled at the entrance, was to pass the message to all unauthorized persons that this site including the body of Jesus, is out of bound for tampering.

Having done all that, the Chief priest and the elders (the Jews) in partnership with Pilate, had soldiers placed at the entrance of the tomb. The Bible calls this soldiers “a watch.” A watch here is a group of four fully armed soldiers who are given charge to guard at particular site or individual. They are changed every 3 to 4 hours to them awake, attentive and alert.

“Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first. Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can. So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.” (Mat 27:62-66)

Fully trained and armed to the teeth, there was no way ordinary civilians especially fishermen with no battle experience would have been able to overpower them to steal the body of Jesus. To insinuate that His body may have been stolen while the Soldiers slept is not only ridiculous, it is also to imagine an impossible thing.

The reason it is not possible for the disciples of Jesus to have stolen His body while the soldiers slept is because IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CATCH A GROUP OF FOUR ROMAN SOLDIERS SLEEPING ON DUTY AT THE SAME TIME NATURALLY. To sleep on duty alone as a Roman Soldier then is a very serious crime that is only punishable by death. Direct execution. So no soldier ever lets himself make this mistake let alone four at the same time without being drugged.

The other reason is because these soldiers being “a watch,” are placed every 3 to 4 hours to keep them awake, attentive and alert. Except they were drugged or under a supernatural influence, there is absolutely no way the four of them could have fallen so much into sleep that the disciples would come, roll away the great stone with all its noise and not one of these trained-for-battle and constantly alert soldiers waking up.

Matthew tells us the popular claim that Jesus’ body was stolen by His disciples which is widely believed among the Jews, Atheists and other non believers today, was a well calculated plot of the Chief Priests and Elders of the Jews to invalidate the fact that Jesus truly rose from the dead.

“Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done. And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers, Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept. And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you. So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.” (Mat 28:11-15)

Did Jesus truly rose from the dead?

Yes He did. Death could not keep Him captive neither could the grave hold His body beyond the three days He said He would lay there. He arose supernaturally by the power of God.
[b]
“In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word. And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.” (Mat 28:1-9)[/b]

He was seen by His disciples on several occasions after His resurrection. Mary Magdalene, The Two disciples on the road to Emaus, the Eleven disciples, James and later Paul who was not there at the time of His death. These all bore witness that He is alive today having seen, touched and heard His voice.

“And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.” (Act 22:6-cool

Before Festus and King Agrippa, Paul again boldly gave witness of His resurrection. Telling the King and all present of his encounter with Jesus.

“At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.” (Act 26:13-15)

All over the world, Jesus has continued to appear to lots and lots of people including Muslims and other non-Christians, letting them experience His love and mercy towards them.

His resurrection is what justified us from sin. It is in His resurrection that our faith lies.

“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” (1Co 15:17)

Because Jesus rose fro death, we can be sure that our sins have been fully paid for and washed away. And just as Christ was raised to life, we that have believed in Him as our Saviour shall someday be raised to an immortal life. Never to die again.

I hope this blesses you. Celebrate and rejoice, Jesus is risen. He is alive today. Death couldn’t and can never hold Him captive.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/04/reality-of-the-resurrection-of-Jesus.html

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by abujacomputertu: 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
Jesus lives.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
abujacomputertu:
Jesus lives.

That's right bro. Not even death could hold Him down beyond the three days He laid down His Life

5 Likes

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Saltoflife: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
If you believe and know that Jesus rose the 3rd day click like if you have accepted hin as your lord and saviour click share.

Helpville Centre offers a weekly training on how to get better in marriage and relationships (especially for women) thereby ensuring financial gains and emotional stability plus 24 hours councelling

Join online group on whatsapp

Zero 9 zero 9. 515. 711 eight

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by maroon5girl: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
WITH THIS PROGRAM, WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO A MOST-SOUGHT AFTER WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER IN 4 WEEKS – 100% GUARANTEED!

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO: A friend recommends a certain website, so you click on the link. And wow – even though you can't put your finger on it, everything about the site seems to fit together superbly, from the colors, Web Design and entire functionality. Although you haven't visited the site before, you know just how to navigate it. The search function even works. For all this and more, you can give kudos to the talented Web developer - and probably you have nursing the dream of becoming a WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER

Build A Job-Ready Career As Website Developer. Learn to Create Professional & Functional Websites.
Get Tutored and Mentored by Experts who have developed hundreds of Websites, Web & Mobile Apps

What You Get -Practical Training Outlines

- Everything You Need to Know About Becoming a WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- What are the important time-tested and trusted Skills, Technologies and Training needed to Become A WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT Profession
- The Fundamentals of Web technologies – HTML, CSS and Javascript
- SEO – Basic and advanced applications of Google Analytics, Console and Yoast
- Basic and Advance implementation of Site Speed optimization
- Achieving mobile responsiveness
- Domain registration and propagation
- Procuring best Host Registrars with most advanced and reliable hosting features
- How Best to host multiple Websites on a single Hosting platform
- Website Maintenance and Management principles
- Web Design with Photoshop
- PLUS MUCH MORE!

FEES: N32,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N35,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: Monday 29th of April, 2019

TIME: 10am – 2pm daily (time subject to changes for training flexibility)

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Intense Marathon Practical Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training available but with higher charges)

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS – UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Websites Development

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

GET STARTED NOW!

3 Likes

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
Jesus healed all with afflictions, the sick, woman with issue of blood, the blind etc, But when he came across prostitutes he didn't do anything for their redemption, Are HOES irredeemable? Even the man of God hardly go to a brothel to change their ways( hoes).
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Timekeeper: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
Bathroom is for slim girls, Fat girls should go to car wash...
Yeeee who stone me?

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
maroon5girl:
Happy Easter everyone

Happy Easter too. Enjoy the dividends of His resurrection!

Read more soul edifying articles like this on FeedMeJesus
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by CanadaPR: 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thanks OP.... Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by leofab(f): 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lol
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
HE lives. Forever and ever.

And ever.
And ever.

2 Likes

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
CanadaPR:
Thanks OP.... Happy Easter
You're welcome bro. Happy Easter too. Enjoy the dividends of His resurrection

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
Gathering of sinners.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by oluwazoba25: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
I don't no why people will still go to hell while he died for their sin.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Smithwilliams826: 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
See below
I know say u no get sense b4.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by okwusdidi: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
If you do a calculation from the exact time that Jesus was reported dead in the Bible to when he resurrected it is not exactly three days, just close to that. What this means is that these guys were really telling the truth about Jesus resurrection. If it was just a story they would have made sure that they reported his resurection to be exactly on the third day.
Praise the Lord. He is truly awesome. That resurrection is the sole reason that we have Christianity today. Because even if we die we shall be with him in paradise forever.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Crane1: 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
The reason is because they fail to tap into the throne of Grace to receive Mercy and forgiveness for their sin. Yes Jesus died for our sin, yet his word says, we must confess our sins with our mouth before we receive his salvation, This means we must take action, first to believe that he died for our sin and then accept him as Lord.

The Bible says here in Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Also, the Bible says here John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:quote author=oluwazoba25 post=77744271]I don't no why people will still go to hell while he died for their sin. [/quote]
So from the Bible verses above, unless the people believe, confess and accept Jesus Christ into their life, then they can't be saved. Yet still, it doesn't mean Jesus didn't die for all, He died for all, but not all men are saved yet, simply because they have fail to act, to believe, confess and receive him into their life.

My advice to people is from this Bible verse
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by shanaka4u(m): 12:26am On Apr 22, 2019
the death and resurrection of Jesus is the greatest hoax of history.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by femi4: 12:35am On Apr 22, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
Jesus healed all with afflictions, the sick, woman with issue of blood, the blind etc, But when he came across prostitutes he didn't do anything for their redemption, Are HOES irredeemable? Even the man of God hardly go to a brothel to change their ways( hoes).
Prostitution is not a sickness of the body. Jesus told the adulterous woman to "Go AND Sin NO MORE"

Prostitution is a SIN not sickness , what they need is Salvation not Healing

2 Likes

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by praz001(m): 1:05am On Apr 22, 2019
Jesus reigns

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 22, 2019
JESUS IS LORD!

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by dinomcjohn: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2019
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by krushdripper(m): 3:05am On Apr 22, 2019
Trash op
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 4:38am On Apr 22, 2019
shanaka4u:
the death and resurrection of Jesus is the greatest hoax of history.
The world has NEVER seen anything more real than it bro. And yes, it was for YOU too.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 4:49am On Apr 22, 2019
oluwazoba25:
I don't no why people will still go to hell while he died for their sin.
The reason is because not all men has individually accepted His sacrifice for their sins through faith in it. That is the only reason people still go to Hell. You can learn more at FeedMeJesus
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by tunderay(m): 10:56am On Apr 22, 2019
When Jesus was been led to be killed, please who carry his cross, an argument is going on where I am now with people quoting different verses of Bible.

please back your answer up with Bible verse.
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
tunderay:
When Jesus was been led to be killed, please who carry his cross, an argument is going on where I am now with people quoting different verses of Bible.

please back your answer up with Bible verse.
It's Simon of Cyrene (Matthew 27:32).
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by tunderay(m): 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
unstoppable51:

It's Simon of Cyrene (Matthew 27:32).
thanks bro. someone said it was also written that Jesus carried the cross himself , maybe in mark or so
Re: Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus by unstoppable51(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
tunderay:
thanks bro. someone said it was also written that Jesus carried the cross himself , maybe in mark or so

Yes it's true Jesus carried it. But at some point the soldiers had to force Simon to take over from him due to how weak Jesus' body became

(1) (Reply)

Quotes For Atheists And Agnostics / Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? / What Will Be Your Prayer Points If You Attend Ur Church's Cross-over Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.