Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' (36191 Views)

Devastating Landslide Buries Hundreds Of Homes In Peru ( Pics, Video) / Huge Landslide In Norway Washes Houses Into Sea (Photos) / Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky Wins Presidency By Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Josnac(m): 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
[b][/b]

Ukrainian comedian Volodymyr Zelensky has won a run-off election to become the country's next president by a landslide, exit polls suggest.

The polls give him more than 70% support. He dominated the first round of voting three weeks ago when 39 candidates were on the ticket.
Mr Zelensky challenged incumbent president Petro Poroshenko.

Mr Poroshenko has admitted defeat but told supporters gathered in Kiev that he will not leave politics.

"I will never let you down," Mr Zelensky told supporters on Sunday.
He added: "While I am not formally president yet, as a citizen of Ukraine I can tell all post-Soviet countries: 'Look at us! Everything is possible!'"

If polls are correct, he will be elected for a five-year term.
Ukraine's president holds significant powers over the security, defence and foreign policy of the country.

Mr Zelensky, 41, is best known for starring in a political satirical drama called Servant of the People in which his character accidentally becomes Ukrainian president.
He ran under a political party with the same name as his show.

With no previous political experience, his campaign focused on his difference to the other candidates rather than on any concrete policy ideas.

Despite this, he won the first round with more than 30% of the vote - almost double what Mr Poroshenko got when he finished in second place with 15.95%.

More at:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48007487

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Josnac(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
Galatayuwalo84:
See below

Ole!!
Never ever try this rubbish on my thread!

MondayOsunbor:

I feel your pain i . please buy MTN Lumos and buy DC fan as I did thank u

Can you enlighten me about this MTN lumos or where I can get detailed info on it?
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by jidenna21(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hahaha jokes

15 Likes

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by odeebee: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Better than having old rogues occupying the seats of their grand children.

Removed fuel subsidy and price moved to #145.

Later we heard they r still paying subsidy @#145.

Old confused set of pipu. God dey

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Coldplayyy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
grin grin cheesy
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by erons22(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lol grin
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Nathdoug201: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ay should get ready for 2023
We will vote him against tinubu

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Chai. Hope he should not joke with important national documents. You know jokers can make joke out of everything grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by donybrainy: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wow!!! Mark Angel 2023

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by czarina(f): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Congrats man! Make them proud!

You need a massage! Call us now! cool
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Faithy247: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ok waiting for Alibaba to contest for presidency and win

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by soberdrunk(m): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Is Ukraine a joke? angry

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Auxtin85(m): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
That can only happen in a country where votes counts

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by frankdGreat125: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
That is what Nigeria need, a young and vibrant president not the one with NEPA BILL as WAEC Certificate

44 Likes

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Iamoriginalben(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Very funny really, a Comedian and a 1st timer in politics wins an Incumbent by a landslide. Wow!!!
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by iammo(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
grin grin

I strongly suspect Putin has a hand in this.

The KGB spy agent of a President is taking Out NATO leaders and Ally with political experience with first timer entertainer or showbiz personalty like trump and this guy

Firstly obama caught him colluding with inexperienced showbiz Trump to hack and manipulate US election, Now Ukraine that host NATO base close to russia is in the hands of inexperienced comedian of a President

Russia China and Some powerfull Arabian countries are slowly taking up world power slowly while the rest of the free world laugh on

Now only German Angela Merkel seems strongest and experienced on the side of NATO Secuirity team, Trump, Macron, and this guy are new to the game

On the other side we have Commuinist and Arabian Muslims. With Putin of Russia, Jinping of China, Saudi king, Qatar King and Other GCC kings on the other side with long years of experience on international politics

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Beulah77: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Cheers and congrats
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Npfn: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
More Ukrainian visa to nigerians
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Authoreety: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmmm... everything will now be a joke in ukraine
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by moshoodn(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Well staged and managed..

Joke turns reality!
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by kitken: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
"Basket-mouth &co should follow dis dude footstep. A miracle might happen in 9ja" ... ~come 2023~ �
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by ChangeAgent007: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
I moved to Benin with my family a month back and I noticed the sheer arrogance exuded by the Benin Electricity Company.

Can you guys believe that these nuisances give only 3 hrs power daily yet their estimated bill is 6,000 naira monthly.

2 hrs from the hours of 8 to 10 pm (that is if you see power at all)
And from 4:30am to 5:30am.

It used to be 9 hrs daily and no one complained. They then reduced it to 6.

Now it's down to 3.

I wonder what the administration is doing about these thieves rapping her citizens in broad daylight?

PLEASE POST TO FP so that the whole world can see the enormous corruption going down here in Benin City, EDO state. NIGERIA.

MY 7 MONTHS OLD BABY CRIES HER EYES TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT.
HEAR RATCHES ALL OVER HER BODY. IT'S HURTING ME AS A FATHER

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by daddytime(m): 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
What a joke

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by ajebuter(f): 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ukrainians should look on the bright side...

He won't fail to put smiles on their faces even if he fails in every other aspect of governance..

BasketMouth, hope dey for you..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Cyrus92(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
This is a victory clearly showing the will of the electorate. If it were in my country this comedian won't be taken seriously not when the gworo eaterss are still pilling stocks of naira for their children's children

FTC
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by UceeGod: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
I wish Nigerians will start thinking with their heads and not stomach
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
In a saner clime Nnamdi KANU is supposed to be unanimously adopted and voted in as Nigeria's President to bring to an end 16yrs of PDP misrule and 4years of lifeless regime shocked
*takes cover*

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by puresaint(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Basket mouth 2023
Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by Jacktheripper: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
ChangeAgent007:
I moved to Benin with my family a month back and I noticed the sheer arrogance exuded by the Benin Electricity Company.

Can you guys believe that these nuisances give only 3 hrs power daily yet their estimated bill is 6,000 naira monthly.

2 hrs from the hours of 8 to 10 pm (that is if you see power at all)
And from 4:30am to 5:30am.

It used to be 9 hrs daily and no one complained. They then reduced it to 6.

Now it's down to 3.

I wonder what the administration is doing about these thieves rapping her citizens in broad daylight?

PLEASE POST TO FP so that the whole world can see the enormous corruption going down here in Benin City, EDO state. NIGERIA.

MY 7 MONTHS OLD BABY CRIES HER EYES TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT.
HEAR RATCHES ALL OVER HER BODY. IT'S HURTING ME AS A FATHER

Kindly buy an inverter for the sake of the baby.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Election: Comedian Zelensky 'wins Presidency By Landslide' by fasho01(m): 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea / Israeli Ship ‘Galaxy Leader’ Hijacked By Yemen’s Houthis In Red Sea / Nancy Pelosi's Husband Hospitalised After Attack In Couple's Home. Suspect Arr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.