Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils (5469 Views)

Corps Members Withhold Election Results In Ihiala, Demand N3,000 Food Allowance / Northern Youths To Recruit 2.7million Volunteers To Fight Kidnapping, Terrorism / Fayose To Recruit 2,000 Workers In Ekiti: 40 Days To Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by ProsperChild: 4:34am On Apr 22, 2019
Osun to recruit 2,000 food vendors for school pupils
sunnewsonline.com Apr 22, 2019 3:18 AM
Osun to recruit 2,000 food vendors for school pupils
Osun State Government is set to employ 2,000 food vendors, in a bid to enhance the Elementary School Feeding and Health Programme also known as O’MEALS.

The vendors will join others in the preparation of meals for the public school pupils across the state.

Programme Officer of the scheme, Mrs Olaniyan Kehinde, who stated this during an interaction with applicants at the O’MEALs secretariat complex in Osogbo, the state capital, commended the administration of Governor Adegboyega Oyetola for opening another window of employment opportunity for women in the state.

Olaniyan, who lauded the efforts of the administration for sustaining the scheme, said the employment opportunity will further help to empower women.

She acknowledged the administration of Governor Oyetola for demonstrating genuine commitment to women and children development since assumption of office.

Olaniyan noted that the scheme had helped to banish the scourge of unemployment and poverty among women since it was founded.

She described the success recorded since the establishment of the scheme as unprecedented particularly in alleviating poverty in the society.

“Governor Oyetola has approved the recruitment of another set of food vendors (caterers) who will be preparing nutritious meals for our pupils in every school day across the state.

“As we all know, this scheme is aimed to banish poverty, unemployment, hunger and increase primary school enrolment as well as encourage local and state-wide economic growth.

“The recruitment exercise was conceived to empower unemployed women in the state and to eradicate poverty, and hunger.

“This initiative will to complement the efforts already put in place as the new vendors will be trained and exposed to skills that can avail them the opportunities of being self-independent and self-reliant.

“We are planning to recruit 2,000 fresh set of caterers while some of the old ones will be relieved.

“So, we are going into synergy with the new beneficiaries with some of the old ones who have been found worthy in the course of discharging their duties.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/osun-to-recruit-2000-food-vendors-for-school-feeding-2.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by shams040(m): 4:44am On Apr 22, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by safetyInspector(m): 4:45am On Apr 22, 2019
It is a good initiative because it will create jobs and encourage primary school enrolment but the government should focus more on teachers welfare, a better and equipment learning environment for pupils otherwise we will end up feeding future agberos.

5 Likes

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by driand(m): 4:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Nice one by the government of the state of osun

But seriously, these school feeding is what brings many to school and they only look forward to that food, that food is the only reason they are enduringenduring that annoying teacher and his cane...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by EnglishUsa: 4:48am On Apr 22, 2019
G
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by akposking(m): 4:52am On Apr 22, 2019
Their papa make me self book space.
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by fistonati(m): 4:54am On Apr 22, 2019
This Osun people sha, this governor is recruiting food vendors to students that government will be owing their teachers several months of unpaid salaries.

Ọmọlúwàbí state indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by fistonati(m): 4:56am On Apr 22, 2019
safetyInspector:
It is a good initiative because it will create jobs and encourage primary school enrolment but the government should focus more on teachers welfare, a better and equipment learning environment for pupils otherwise we will end up feeding future agberos.

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by EnglishUsa: 4:57am On Apr 22, 2019
The bag of rice that was made for internal displaced people got missing sometime ago, the money and too many other things ment for them are kmow place to be found, then tell me how food made for school children will get to them.Nigerian will not kill me with their funny life stile

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by driand(m): 4:58am On Apr 22, 2019
grin
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Polynews: 5:04am On Apr 22, 2019
EnglishUsa:
The bag of rice that was made for internal displaced people got missing sometime ago, the money and too many other things ment for them are kmow place to be found, then tell me how food made for school children will get to them.Nigerian will not kill me with their funny life stile
I also thought as much
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by jullidee2006: 5:09am On Apr 22, 2019
nice development
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 22, 2019
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by AleAirHub(m): 5:28am On Apr 22, 2019
Teachers welfare ?
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 22, 2019
It's easy to recruit but difficult to pay.
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by PearlStreet(m): 5:47am On Apr 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
Osun state is the most hopeless state in Nigeria with only one beer company to brag about

Actually, within the last 8 years, Osun has more completed projects than the entire SE put together.

Secondly, within the last 8 years, Osun has gotten more completed projects than Abia State for instance has gotten in the last 100 years.

You're talking of a beer company when your father is presently on the palm tree, tapping wine in the village so that kwashiokor won't kill you like your ancestors.

Go to this thread and see your flatheaded brothers crying that they moved a brewery from your barren land to the SW.
https://www.nairaland.com/4706189/diversion-n90b-300m-budweiser-hero#77747098

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Teewhy2: 5:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Sometimes Nigeria just make you laugh. Children that doesn't have tables and chairs to sit and their teachers are not taking care of is what the government is wasting the little resources to give food instead of providing them good reading conditions.
Are the children going to school to eat or to read.
I think the government is intentionally trying to keep this future generations from having sound education so that they won't grow up to challenge their children

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Alejob: 5:53am On Apr 22, 2019
wink
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:09am On Apr 22, 2019
PearlStreet:

Actually, within the last 8 years, Osun has more completed projects than the entire SE put together.

Secondly, within the last 8 years, Osun has gotten more completed projects than Abia State for instance has gotten in the last 100 years.

You're talking of a beer company when your father is presently on the palm tree, tapping wine in the village so that kwashiokor won't kill you like your ancestors.

Go to this thread and see your flatheaded brothers crying that they moved a brewery from your barren land to the SW.
https://www.nairaland.com/4706189/diversion-n90b-300m-budweiser-hero#77747098

Buy with Igbo Money ship to Igbo Land smoke with Igbo perce

Until Igbo comes to thier kneels and beg us... we will never forgive them , back bitters grin

1 Like

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by anochuko01(m): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2019
only to feed them with spoilt and malnurished food
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:18am On Apr 22, 2019
safetyInspector:
I can hardly see what is good about this their feeding program

Are the parents not feeding them at home

God forbid that I will allow this government to feed my children with all these their juju make them go steal an innocent child destiny dey renew their own undecided

I would rather they pay workers very well so that they can do their responsibilities!!!

Parents whose kids are fed by this government should pray very well!!!

You cannot pay minimum wage of N30,000 but you can afford to pay billions to feed children undecided undecided what is the sense in that

More so this is another way of making huge money for the government/governor, we know them now, na today

4 Likes

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Polynews: 6:19am On Apr 22, 2019
is that all?
Alejob:
coolYou need powerbank for your laptop and phone. Why don't you holla? I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones is concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
oga you need to read the post

https://grandmarketsquare.com/osun-state-government-is-set-to-employ-2000-food-vendors/

https://grandmarketsquare.com/osun-state-government-is-set-to-employ-2000-food-vendors/
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by aremz(m): 6:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Oyetola is working...who is adeleke?
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2019
EnglishUsa:
Don't mind them!!!

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Amuocha: 6:29am On Apr 22, 2019
O' Meals grin
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by Kglmj22233: 6:34am On Apr 22, 2019
Prove below

Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by v2: 6:51am On Apr 22, 2019
Teewhy2:
Sometimes Nigeria just make you laugh. Children that doesn't have tables and chairs to sit and their teachers are not taking care of is what the government is wasting the little resources to give food instead of providing them good reading conditions.
Are the children going to school to eat or to read.
I think the government is intentionally trying to keep this future generations from having sound education so that they won't grow up to challenge their children

You said it all. A misplaced priority.
They will sit on the floor to eat concoction rice with Maggi cube size meat and the government will say it cost them 5k naira per meal per child.
Re: Osun To Recruit 2,000 Food Vendors For School Pupils by chrisxxx(m): 6:54am On Apr 22, 2019
Stop this waste of fund. Osun is not North for crying out loud. Every parent in Osun knows the benefits of education. You do not need to by any means appeal to them or their children to go to school. Use that fund to equip the school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

#endsars: Army Seen Moving War Trucks And Tanks Into Lagis State - VIDEO / I Have One Key Question About IPOB And Ohanaeze Ndigbo / MC Oluomo Loses Oshodi LGA To Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.