Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH (25991 Views)

Court Strikes Out APC's Argument That Atiku Is Not Nigerian By Birth / Nigerian By Birth: A Dissection Of Atiku's Citizenship / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by kmaster007: 9:47am On Apr 22, 2019
so ur not a Nigerian
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 22, 2019
Patrioticman007:
Finally Atiku has technically accepted defeat by claiming his parents migrated from wurno in Sokoto state to Jada in Cameroon, before Nigeria's independence.
Which still makes him a Cameroonian because his parents participated in the Referendum as such they have proven to be Cameroonians as against the country of their birth.
The fact is will Nigerians accept an alien from Ghana or Togo to be our President, just because he is rich & used his wealth to buy PDP ticket ?.
Adamawa state indigenes would sue the impostor for claiming Adamawa, while Sokoto people will deny him before he starts corrupting their political economy.
Which still makes him a Cameroonian.

Oga! U Have Spoken My Mind.
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Divine200: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2019
No matter where is parents is from the truth is according to him is that he was not born in Nigeria. That means he is not Nigerian by birth

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Redoil: 10:24am On Apr 22, 2019
4601CE:
Atikulooter. How market?
ologogoro how market
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Dee60: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2019
Atiku just admitted that he was born in Cameroun and only moved back to Nigeria.

I am not a legal expert. But now, I think he has to prove that his parents were truly Nigerian and that the parents did not claim to be Camerounians while they lived there. How does he do that?

It is further complicated by the fact that he has been claiming Adamawa as his state of origin. That part of Adamawa that he has been claimimg became Nigeria only by plebiscite. He has just submitted a major testimony against himself that he was not born Nigerian and only became Nigerian after the referendum which made his part of Adamawa part of Nigeria!

The constitution of Nigeria stipulates you must be Nigerian by birth to become President.

Seems a masterstroke to even stop him from ever contesting again.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by objobj: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Elvis778:

man, define citizenship by birth please.......
These zombies are just so dumb.
We all know that notherners like to move about, and once they settle in one place, they'd always claim they are from there.
And that won't stop him from being a citizen of Nigeria by birth because according to the Nigerian constitution, if your parents or grand parents were born in Nigeria before the 1960 independence. automatically, you are a citizen by birth

You dont get it.
His parent were cameroonian b4 1960. He was born in a location under cameroon b4 1960. Your thinking is too shalliw. Naybe you were born in 1999.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Debaiz: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2019
IamAlexander:
Politics as they say it's dirty.... grin Someone that was vice president of the country for 8years, participated and funded APC's presidential primaries pre-2015 election and now his nationality is being questioned.

I see it as distraction from the main issue.

The thing is both APC and PDP rigged in the last election but it's a case of one outrigging the other... grin

Though I am non-partisan but I seriously DOUBT if the court (in this case Supreme Court coz I expect whoever loose to take the case up to this level especially Atiku) considering the sensitivity of the matter and implications on unity and peace of the country to now declare PDP as the winner or call for another election.. This is based on precedence.

Nevertheless, I am really interested to see how it pans out.

It’s the normal thing everywhere in the world and it’s not a distraction.

Barack Obama was a US senator for 8years before he contested for the presidency, yet he was queried about his eligibility. They claimed he was Kenyan. He proved them wrong by providing his birth certificate showing he was born in Hawaii(US) and his mother too was American.

Let Atiku prove his eligibility. The historical families in sokoto and Jigawa should come and testify. Even as the Vice President he couldn’t prove his origin which left his then boss OBJ to say that his parentage is shadowy and covered in misery.

We can not afford to have a fraud dragging our sit of power. It’s insulting.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2019
Patrioticman007:
Finally Atiku has technically accepted defeat by claiming his parents migrated from wurno in Sokoto state to Jada in Cameroon, before Nigeria's independence.
Which still makes him a Cameroonian because his parents participated in the Referendum as such they have proven to be Cameroonians as against the country of their birth.
The fact is will Nigerians accept an alien from Ghana or Togo to be our President, just because he is rich & used his wealth to buy PDP ticket ?.
Adamawa state indigenes would sue the impostor for claiming Adamawa, while Sokoto people will deny him before he starts corrupting their political economy.
Which still makes him a Cameroonian.
How can we disown our Brother?
On behalf of all good people of Sokoto we wish him luck as he move to claim his stolen mandate.

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 22, 2019
Elvis778:

stop being sentimental bro,
if i should give birth to my kid in America today,
that won't make the child a non-citizen of Nigeria.
This is constitution bro, his parents and Grand parents are Nigerians by birth and never renounced their Citizenship, automatically he is also a Citizen by birth. Use your brain please, in the law court, Judges rule with the constitution and not sentiments.
And stop quoting me please. You sound so dumb and am not supposed to be arguing with a dumb head.
APC made a mere allegation,
PDP wud only defend with words cuz APC is yet to prove what they have against the PDP.
Atiku would only defend with a proof when APC present their own proof.
Typical Igbo.
Lmfao .
This one doesn’t know jackshit about court cases.
Always chestbeating

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Elvis778(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
objobj:

You dont get it.
His parent were cameroonian b4 1960. He was born in a location under cameroon b4 1960. Your thinking is too shalliw. Naybe you were born in 1999.
Please read the post before rushing to the comment box.....
He has cleared the air, he said his Dad is from Sokoto and his Mum from Jigawa, likewise his grand parents who were born in Nigeria before 1960 so its upto the APC to prove him wrong by providing an evidence to the allegation.
I think in this context, you are the one with a shallow mind, too shallow, i guess you are a zombie to, LOL
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by bizzibodi(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Elvis778:

man, define citizenship by birth please.......
These zombies are just so dumb.
We all know that notherners like to move about, and once they settle in one place, they'd always claim they are from there.
And that won't stop him from being a citizen of Nigeria by birth because according to the Nigerian constitution, if your parents or grand parents were born in Nigeria before the 1960 independence. automatically, you are a citizen by birth
Go & read yur constitution, Atiku is a citizen by registration,when Atiku & his parents where born,Jada is a province of northern cameroun,u can't contest for Nigerian president if u are a citizen by any other means.
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Deepthoughts: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
adioolayi:
The Peoples Democratic Party’ s candidate in the February 23 presidential election , Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , has denied the All Progressives Congress’ allegation that he is not eligible to contest because he was not born in Nigeria .
Atiku stated this in a response to the APC ’ s reply to the petition he and his party jointly filed before the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal .

He said he was born on November 25, 1946, in Jada, Adamawa State, therefore he was a Nigerian.
The APC had alleged in its response that as of November 25, 1946, when Atiku was born , Jada, was part of Northern Cameroon .

But Atiku insisted that he was a Nigerian citizen, adding that his parents were also Nigerians by birth.
He said while his father, Garba Atiku Abdulkadir , hailed from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State, his mother , Aisha Kande , hailed from Dutse, now Jigawa State.
Atiku and the PDP said, “Contrary to the allegations contained in paragraphs 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 and 6 of the 3 rd respondent ’ s ( APC ’ s) reply, the petitioners state that the 1 st petitioner ( Atiku ) is a citizen of Nigeria by birth and thus qualified to vote and be voted for and returned in the election to the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria , held on Saturday February 23, 2019 going by the relevant provisions of the 1999 Constitution ( as amended) .

“The 1 st petitioner was born on November 25, 1946, in Jada, Adamawa State, by Nigerian parents and he is , therefore , a citizen of Nigeria by birth.

“The 1 st petitioner ’ s father, Garba Atiku Abdulkadir , was a Nigerian by birth who hailed from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State, while the mother , Aisha Kande , was also a Nigerian who hailed from Dutse in the present -day Jigawa State.

“The parents of the 1 st Petitioner are both Fulani , a community / tribe indigenous to Nigeria .
“The birth of the 1 st petitioner in Jada, in the present -day Adamawa State of Nigeria , was occasioned by the movement of his paternal grandfather called Atiku , who was an itinerant trader, from Wumo in the present -day Sokoto State to Jada in company with his friend , Ardo Usman.

“That in Jada, Atiku , the grandfather of the 1 st petitioner , gave birth to Garba who in tum gave birth to the 1 st petitioner and named him after his father, Atiku .

“The 1 st petitioner ’ s mother , Aisha Kande , was the grand -daughter of Inuwa Dutse who came to Jada as an itinerant trader too from Dutse in the present -day Jigawa State.
All averments concerning Germany , British Cameroons , League of Nations and Plebiscite are false and misleading in relation to the 1 st petitioner and therefore completely irrelevant more so that the 1 st petitioner is a Nigerian by birth within the contemplation of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria , 1999 ( as amended) .
“The averments in the aforesaid paragraphs are indeed fabricated , contrived, made in bad faith and designed to embarrass the 1 st petitioner . ”

The Independent National Electoral Commission had on February 27, 2019, declared that the All Progressives Congress alongside its candidate , President Muhammadu Buhari , won the February 23 election with 15, 191 , 847 votes to defeat his closest rival , Atiku , whom it said polled 11, 262 , 978 votes .

But the petitioners stated that “from the data in the 1 st respondent ’ s ( INEC ’ s) server … the true , actual and correct results ” from “state-to -state computation” showed that Atiku polled a total of 18, 356 , 732 votes defeat Buhari whom they said scored 16, 741 , 430 votes .
INEC had in its response to the petition distanced itself from the “server results . ”

The commission, through its lead counsel , Yunus Usman ( SAN ) , had said the results of the poll were never transmitted or collated electronically .
It added that it kept no such server where such electronically transmitted results could have been obtained .

In their reply to the APC ’ s reply, Atiku and the PDP insisted that they truly got authentic results of the February 23 election from the Independent National Electoral Commission ’ s server .
They said, “In reaction to paragraph 29 of the 3 rd respondent ’ s reply, the petitioners aver that the data and scores in the 1 st respondent ’ s server were as transmitted by the 1 st respondent ’ s officials and those scores are valid , and legitimate .

“The conduct of elections and declarations of results by the 1 st respondent is the subject of the present petition .
“Contrary to paragraphs 31 and 34 of the 3 rd respondent ’ s reply, the petitioners contend that the figures and scores in paragraph 22 of the petition are neither false nor contrived or concocted by the petitioners .

“Indeed , the ad hoc staff and officials of the 1 st respondent in obedience to the training / instruction by the 1 st respondent ( INEC ) transmitted the scores they got from the polling units to the 1 st respondent ’ s server . ”

https://punchng.com/im-nigerian-by-birth-says-atiku/

In all the exchanges between Atiku/pdp vs Buhari/Apc ,I have not seen one cogent point raise by Buhari/Apc to counter the Atiku/pdp petition,just this morning I read a story on another media where some polling officers in borno n yobe states stated on oath that they were giving a special code by INEC during training on how the transmit the elections result directly from the card readers to INEC server which they actually did, now if this is correct n considering the fact that the law prohibits the electronic transfer of elections results,it simply means INEC conspired with Apc to engage in criminal fraud by illegally devicing a means to knowing the results upfront n then corruptly altering the results to favour Buhari/Apc,the onnoghen saga is somewhat connected to all this, knowing buhari/Apc antecedents the coming days are sure going to be eventful.

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by Larryndelaw: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
BizBayo:

Bro I swear, politics is very crazy! grin
Very crazy and dirty. This is the same way the former CJN disgraced himself . instead of him to resigned honourable he was proving stubborn.
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by buhariguy(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
Elvis778:

Please read the post before rushing to the comment box.....
He has cleared the air, he said his Dad is from Sokoto and his Mum from Jigawa, likewise his grand parents who were born in Nigeria before 1960 so its upto the APC to prove him wrong by providing an evidence to the allegation.
I think in this context, you are the one with a shallow mind, too shallow, i guess you are a zombie to, LOL
it is left for thief atiku to provide the birth certificate of his parents if he want to be my president.
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by searchlight: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
buhariguy:
it is easy for Obama to be US president than for thief atiku to be Nigeria president,
because, Obama was born in US, but thief atiku was not born in Nigeria, thief atiku only claim his parents were born in Nigeria, which can be lie.
he need to provide his parents birth certificate if he want to be president of nigeria.
if Obama were not born in US and claim one US citizen to be his parents, America wouldn't have believe him or take him serious.
so thief atiku claim can not hold water.
if Atiku had being your father your life wouldn't be this miserable
Re: I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH by buhariguy(m): 6:07am On Apr 23, 2019
searchlight:
if Atiku had being your father your life wouldn't be this miserable
a thief can never be my Father,
and let thief atiku be your Father in Cameroon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque / Ahaoma Kanu Petitions ICC Over Nigerian Army Invasion Of Southeast (Updated) / Atiku Congratulates Fintiri, Declares One More Major Mandate To Reclaim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.