Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,712 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Food Diary - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Diary (6579 Views)

Come & Join Me Is Now A Problem: My Friend Will Sit & Finish My Food For Me! / 3 Days Without Food Diary.... Follow Me On My Journey / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
I love food so much .
Everything food thrills me .
Cooking food, watching how food is made , eating food ...
So, on this thread, I'll be sharing with you some of my foods and how I make them smiley

Hope you enjoy and learn a thing or two from here cool

3 Likes

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
My first post iiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss.....#drumrolls grin

Ewa agoyin

That's right! Homemade Ewa agoyin ! cool
Yes, you can totally make delicious ewa agoyin at home and it tastes just like the real deal trust me

Most of us know how irresistible ewa agoyin is and it's mostly sold by the roadside food vendors embarassed

I mean, who wan risk food poisoning because you wan eat ewa agoyin... lipsrsealed the purging no worth am abeg
cry So my people, I go show una how to make am for house...even bachelors fit make am sef
smiley

Without much talks, here are the ingredients to make ewa agoyin:

Honey beans (brown)
Water
Salt
Sugar (optional)

And for the black sauce, I'm going to show you two ways to make it, the real deal and the alternative
Ingredients for the original black sauce are :

Onion
Dry pepper seeds
Dry chilli peppers
Ginger
Palm oil
Salt

For the alternative, you're going to need :
Onion
Dry chilli peppers
Palm oil
Salt

Process:

First, you start by washing your beans very clean and then you presoak for 15-20mins with hot water or 25-30mins with cold water.

When the time is up, you sieve out the water, then you transfer your beans into a clean pot, add water double the size of the level of the beans and set it on the fire (medium to high heat) to cook.

Allow your beans to cook really really soft, then go ahead and add salt to taste and two leveled teaspoon of sugar if you're using ( if the water is almost dried up by this time, you can add a little water )

Next thing you're going to do is mash up your beans to be as smooth as possible...the smoother, the better.
Once smooth, your beans is ready ! smiley
Turn off the heat, keep your beans cover to retain the heat.

NEXT IS THE SAUCE! ( I swear, writing ain't easy embarassed )

Sauce one

Get your pepper seeds, chilli peppers and ginger blended together at the local market.

Heat up your sauce pan, then add your palm oil (you're going to need a lot of palm oil, about 500ml, then the quality of your palm oil is also very important...you don't want congealed oil )
It's important to note that you can't allow your palm oil to bleach, very important.

Then go ahead and add your blended pepperseeds-chilli-ginger mixture and allow to fry for some time
After that, you can add your add your finely chopped onion, allow all to fry together till brown, then add salt to taste
Your ewa agoyin black sauce is ready ! kiss

Sauce number two coming up... Make I chill small abeg

Sauce number two
This is the one I made for my ewa agoyin

Roughly grind your chilli peppers .
Heat up your sauce pan, pour in your palm oil and allow to heat up but not bleach

Then, add in your finely chopped onion, allow to fry for like 2mins, after that, you add in your grinded chilli peppers and stir (on a low heat at this point)

Keep stirring until brown and you begin to smell the arome of the ewa agoyin sauce ( do not allow burn)
Add salt to taste, stir one last time
Your pepper sauce is ready to be served with your ewa agoyin smiley

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
Next food loading...
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2019
What's up diary !? It's been quite a while shey ?
Of course, I didn't forget you cool

Today, what I have for you is quite different.
Something that started out as an experiment, turned out to be a keeper in my recipes book .
Can you guess what it is dear diary ? I bet you can't even if you take ten guesses cool

OK! OK! Enough with the suspense ! grin
On the menu today iiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss...*drumrolls grin

Crunchy coco balls

That's right! Crunchy coco balls!
Crunchy coco balls are made out cocoyam.
It's super easy to make, delicious and super savoury . ( I love savoury, yum!)
Without further ado, here are the ingredients you're going to need :

Cocoyam ( the red specie )
Ground dry pepper
Salt
Vegetable oil for frying

The process:
Just grate your cocoyam into a smooth paste in a bowl, add your ground dry pepper and salt to taste, mix very well, and then drop in little balls in your already hot oil .
Fry till golden brown.
Your crunchy coco balls are ready to be devoured.

Enjoy! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 7:33am On May 05, 2019
Happy Sunday foodies!
Next food loading...
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 3:51pm On May 06, 2019
Next, I am going to be posting ideas on how to use your your leftover rice smiley
Re: My Food Diary by Gulher: 1:54pm On May 09, 2019
Mariangeles:

Ewa agoin

That's right! Homemade Ewa agoin ! cool
Yes, you can totally make delicious ewa agoin at home and it tastes just like the real deal trust me

Most of us know how irresistible ewa agoin is and it's mostly sold by the roadside food vendors embarassed

I mean, who wan risk food poisoning because you wan eat ewa agoin... lipsrsealed the purging no worth am abeg
cry So my people, I go show una how to make am for house...even bachelors fit make am sef
smiley

Without much talks, here are the ingredients to make ewa agoin:

Honey beans (brown)
Water
Salt
Sugar (optional)

And for the black sauce, I'm going to show you two ways to make it, the real deal and the alternative

Onion
Dry pepper seeds
Dry chilli peppers
Ginger
Palm oil
Salt

Onion
Dry chilli peppers
Palm oil
Salt

Process:

First, you start by washing your beans very clean and then you presoak for 15-20mins with hot water or 25-30mins with cold water.

When the time is up, you sieve out the water, then you transfer your beans into a clean pot, add water double the size of the level of the beans and set it on the fire (medium to high heat) to cook.

Allow your beans to cook really really soft, then go ahead and add salt to taste and two leveled teaspoon of sugar if you're using ( if the water is almost dried up by this time, you can add a little water )

Next thing you're going to do is mash up your beans to be as smooth as possible...the smoother, the better.

Sauce one

Get your pepper seeds, chilli peppers and ginger blended together at the local market.

Heat up your sauce pan, then add your palm oil (you're going to need a lot of palm oil, about 500ml, then the quality of your palm oil is also very important...you don't want congealed oil )
It's important to note that you can't allow your palm oil to bleach, very important.

Then go ahead and add your blended pepperseeds-chilli-ginger mixture and allow to fry for some time
After that, you can add your add your finely chopped onion, allow all to fry together till brown, then add salt to taste
Your ewa agoin black sauce is ready ! kiss

Sauce number two
This is the one I made for my ewa agoin

Heat up your sauce pan, pour in your palm oil and allow to heat up but not bleach

Then, add in your finely chopped onion, allow to fry for like 2mins, after that, you add in your grinded chilli peppers and stir (on a low heat at this point)

Keep stirring until brown and you begin to smell the arome of the ewa agoyin sauce ( do not allow burn)
Your pepper sauce is ready to be served with your ewa agoin smiley
yummm

1 Like

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 2:23pm On May 09, 2019
Gulher:
yummm
Believe me dude, it was truly yum!
smiley
Try it...
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 4:37pm On May 10, 2019
Hey dear diary, guess who it is ...yup! It's moi ! kiss
Did you miss me ? I know you did, don't lie cool

You know what I have for you today ....? You don't ?
Okay, I'll give you a clue ....it's something I made with leftover rice... You still don't know ? grin Okay, I'll tell you...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's *drumrolls

Suya Fried rice

Did I hear you say yay? Of course YaY! grin
This is something I cooked up in my imagination before practically cooking it .

It is quite easy to make and veeeeeeeeeeeeeery delicious. Yum!
I enjoyed making. ( I always enjoy making a new recipe, it gets me excited )

This dish shows you how to use up your leftover cooked rice.
You no longer have to worry, thinking about what to do with your leftover rice.
In fact, after making this, you'd want to store cooked rice in your fridge on purpose, just so you can make this dish anytime you want .

If you're a bachelor, this recipe is what you need to impress that babe you've been eyeing wink
Just invite her over, and then make this for her, she'll fall head over heels in love with you, believe me wink ( with your other good qualities sha o )

Enough talk, let's start!
The ingredients we're going to need are :

Cooked rice (as much as you can eat )
Suya (the quantity you usually buy with enough yaji )
Onion, medium size ( finely chopped)
Carrots (diced )
1or2 green peppers (diced)
Green beans (finely cut )
Vegetable oil
Curry 1-2 teaspoon
Salt
Seasoning powder

Brb...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 8:46am On May 11, 2019
Good morning... smiley
Re: My Food Diary by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:03pm On May 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
Good morning... smiley

Madam post soup make I see. All these one na baby food.
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 6:23pm On May 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Madam post soup make I see. All these one na baby food.
I like baby food .
They're my absolute favourite ! kiss
Re: My Food Diary by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:48pm On May 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
I like baby food .
They're my absolute favourite ! kiss

Madam cook soup abeg!
Re: My Food Diary by hammerFC: 8:53pm On May 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Madam cook soup abeg!

who u wan kiss sef?

cute though!
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 9:27pm On May 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Madam cook soup abeg!
I no dey cook o!
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 10:46pm On May 17, 2019
Next food loading...
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 2:36pm On May 21, 2019
Wetin dey 'sup diary ? I know say you go don miss me die, sotaaaaaaaaaay you go don dey wonder when I go post the next food ...

Calm yourself, I don land like land rover! grin Oya diary, you know how we dey take do am nah...

Our food for today naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *drum rolls
Egg fried rice

Yes o! Egg fried rice !
You remember say I promise to share ideas on how we fit use cooked rice wey we chop remain...yes o ! Na one of the ideas I wan share so
E easy to make...in fact , over easy dey worry am die !
Guys, if una dey look for one simple meal to take impress that babe wey una like , na egg fried rice be the solution.

So, make we no talk too much, make I list the ingredients wey we go need make am...

Ingredients:

Rice (already cooked rice wey you fit chop finish )
Onion (medium size )
3eggs
Curry (one teaspoonful)
Peas
Salt (to taste )
Seasoning one cube (wetin we dey call maggi )
Vegetable oil

Method

First, you go break your eggs inside plate, season am with small salt and a pinch of seasoning, mix am, then you set am aside .
Next, you go put your clean fry pan for fire, put two tablespoonful of vegetable oil, swirl the pan make the oil spread to all corner of the pan, then add your eggs as the oil don hot ( low the fire to medium now make the eggs no burn ) as you dey stir the eggs, make sure say e pieces .

After the eggs don fry, remove am for plate, then add 3 tablespoonful of oil again to the fry pan, swirl am make e spread, then add your onion wey you don cut, stir am until e turn brown, then add your already cooked rice (increase the fire at this point to normal )

After you don add your rice, begin dey stir am, then add one teaspoonful of curry powder, half cube of seasoning , small salt to taste ( as you dey add, you go dey stir ni o )
Next na to add your peas and continue to dey stir am, then taste am to check whether salt and seasoning don balance ( balance am to your taste )

Finally, na to add the eggs wey you don previously fry, stir am make e mix wella , after that, your egg fried rice don set !

Dish am out and eat am with either fried fish, meat or chicken... Or by itself sef ! grin

Try dis dish, you go thank me a million times...you're welcome

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Food Diary by cutiereborn(f): 6:10pm On May 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
Wetin dey 'sup diary ? I know say you go don miss me die, sotaaaaaaaaaay you go don dey wonder when I go post the next food ...

Calm yourself, I don land like land rover! grin Oya diary, you know how we dey take do am nah...

Our food for today naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *drum rolls
Egg fried rice

Yes o! Egg fried rice !
You remember say I promise to share ideas on how we fit use cooked rice wey we chop remain...yes o ! Na one of the ideas I wan share so
E easy to make...in fact , over easy dey worry am die !
Guys, if una dey look for one simple meal to take impress that babe wey una like , na egg fried rice be the solution.

So, make we no talk too much, make I list the ingredients wey we go need make am...

Ingredients:

Rice (already cooked rice wey you fit chop finish )
Onion (medium size )
3eggs
Curry (one teaspoonful)
Peas
Salt (to taste )
Seasoning one cube (wetin we dey call maggi )
Vegetable oil

Method

First, you go break your eggs inside plate, season am with small salt and a pinch of seasoning, mix am, then you set am aside .
Next, you go put your clean fry pan for fire, put two tablespoonful of vegetable oil, swirl the pan make the oil spread to all corner of the pan, then add your eggs as the oil don hot ( low the fire to medium now make the eggs no burn ) as you dey stir the eggs, make sure say e pieces .

After the eggs don fry, remove am for plate, then add 3 tablespoonful of oil again to the fry pan, swirl am make e spread, then add your onion wey you don cut, stir am until e turn brown, then add your already cooked rice (increase the fire at this point to normal )

After you don add your rice, begin dey stir am, then add one teaspoonful of curry powder, half cube of seasoning , small salt to taste ( as you dey add, you go dey stir ni o )
Next na to add your peas and continue to dey stir am, then taste am to check whether salt and seasoning don balance ( balance am to your taste )

Finally, na to add the eggs wey you don previously fry, stir am make e mix wella , after that, your egg fried rice don set !

Dish am out and eat am with either fried fish, meat or chicken... Or by itself sef ! grin

Try dis dish, you go thank me a million times...you're welcome

Nice one! The rice is already boiled ready to eat Abi?
Incase I don't have leftover and want to make from scratch

3 Likes

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 6:45pm On May 21, 2019
cutiereborn:

Nice one! The rice is already boiled ready to eat Abi?
Incase I don't have leftover and want to make from scratch
You can still make it with freshly cooked rice but it's best made with leftover rice because of it's weight I think....

Better yet, cook the rice ahead of the time you're going to need it .
Thanks for visiting smiley

1 Like

Re: My Food Diary by nellyquash(f): 6:27pm On May 28, 2019
Mariangeles:

Ewa agoin

That's right! Homemade Ewa agoin ! cool
Yes, you can totally make delicious ewa agoin at home and it tastes just like the real deal trust me

Most of us know how irresistible ewa agoin is and it's mostly sold by the roadside food vendors embarassed

I mean, who wan risk food poisoning because you wan eat ewa agoin... lipsrsealed the purging no worth am abeg
smiley

Without much talks, here are the ingredients to make ewa agoin:

Nice one dear

Honey beans (brown)
Water
Salt
Sugar (optional)

Onion
Dry pepper seeds
Dry chilli peppers
Ginger
Palm oil
Salt

Onion
Dry chilli peppers
Palm oil
Salt

Process:

Sauce one

Your ewa agoin black sauce is ready ! kiss

Sauce number two
This is the one I made for my ewa agoin

Your pepper sauce is ready to be served with your ewa agoin smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Food Diary by Halcyon123(f): 9:41pm On May 28, 2019
Method nkor, na just ingredients you list[1quote author=Mariangeles post=78275832]Hey dear diary, guess who it is ...yup! It's moi ! kiss

Okay, I'll give you a clue ....it's something I made with leftover rice... You still don't know ? grin Okay, I'll tell you...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's *drumrolls

Suya Fried rice

For this dish, you don't have to worry about what to do with your leftover rice.
In fact, after making this, you'd want to store cooked rice in your fridge on purpose, just so you can make this dish anytime you want .

If you're a bachelor, this recipe is what you need to impress that babe you've been eyeing wink
Just invite her over, and then make this for her, she'll fall head over heels in love with you, believe me wink ( with your other good qualities sha o )

Carrots (diced )
Vegetable oil
Curry 1-2 teaspoon
Salt
Seasoning powder

Brb...[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 10:55pm On May 28, 2019
Halcyon123:
Method nkor, na just ingredients you list[1quote author=Mariangeles post=78275832]Hey dear diary, guess who it is ...yup! It's moi ! kiss

Suya Fried rice

For this dish, you don't have to worry about what to do with your leftover rice.

Carrots (diced )
Vegetable oil
Curry 1-2 teaspoon
Salt
Seasoning powder

Brb...
When I update, I'll mention you .

Yours is even better...you have enough quality yaji
Re: My Food Diary by Halcyon123(f): 11:31am On May 29, 2019
Mariangeles:
When I update, I'll mention you .

Yours is even better...you have enough quality yaji
Okay dear, thanks. About yaji, we can always find a way to send enough for you that will last you a year

2 Likes

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 8:55am On Nov 07, 2019
It's been so long I posted here...will do so soon
Especially since the cook and post thread is not what it used to be
Re: My Food Diary by bayobabe(f): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Expecting your update ma'am..... Especially that of suya fried rice
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2019
bayobabe:
Expecting your update ma'am..... Especially that of suya fried rice
I will soon... smiley
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Slaywife, I legit sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear, your updates dey totori 100× grin
Na serious motivation ooo!

I really appreciate your updates smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Food Diary by slaywife: 9:08am On Jan 31, 2020
Mariangeles:
Slaywife, I legit sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear, your updates dey totori 100× grin
Na serious motivation ooo!

I really appreciate your updates smiley

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2020
My dear food diary, how have you been?
I almost forgot about you
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
@Slyverly, check my thread out

Your thread made me remember it
Re: My Food Diary by Mariangeles(f): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Today, I might share how I made this shakshuka

Although, it's pretty easy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Diary by Hathor5(f): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Mariangeles:
Today, I might share how I made this shakshuka

Although, it's pretty easy

Please do, this looks so yummy. I love the eggs like this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chicken Defeathering Machines Are Available At Farmergiant Nig Ltd / I Decided To Cook After 3years! / *Benefits Of Sea Salt For Health, Hair & Skin*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.