Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? (32226 Views)

What Tremendous Change Have You Experienced In Your Life Lately??? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Oturatetuala(m): 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
It is well with my soul.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
I regret ever starting in the first place, I thank God I've stopped it now, although the temptation do arise especially when I'm alone and idle.

Gonna send a mail please

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by TerrorSquad147: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
Felix180:

Gonna send a mail please
okay no problem
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by 1EmmyKay: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
Major setback in life was that i allowed people to influence my decisions and caused me regrets later on. Uni I was influenced to go bill me pass my finiacial capability almost 200k per session. Was depressed. No funds, almost dropped out. And peeps wey make this decision no dey for me oo. Damn.
Another setback that one na from small self wen I was 12yrs I lost my dad. This even affected me so bad that I didn't even realised wat was going on around me. My classmates even think am retarded or too sober. Although I rarely tell som1 I lost my dad I felt it much cos I was attached to him and he was the one who showed me love and care when evry1 treated me like sm stubborn out cast. See E be things. Melo melo ni mo fe so. Thank God we still surviving. God dey for me that i bliv.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Mrtaye: 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mine is still on as I write here and because of this particular incident I have not been able to record or promote any music this year just because of one civil servant here in Lagos and he's almost getting me to a state of depression and also taking away.my joy ...aside music my side jab is transportation and logistics (Bolt)

Fast forward to March this year I bought a Toyota Yaris manual transmission to enhance and grow in my transport business and also promote and produce my music which is actually on boomplay, audiomack and other online platforms ,all this have been financing from my transport business...so I got this yaris(Nigeria used) for 600,000 and it's that low because it's a manual and not an automatic transmission,but at that time of purchase I had just 520,000 and we had an agreement that I would balance him the remaining 80,000 after 3 months,the purchase was a week before the national lockdown so we agreed and he also assured me that all the original documents are intact. So after payment of the 520k he released the vehicle and photocopy of the particulars.

Immediately after the lockdown in May I tried registering the vehicle to my name and also use the document to secure a loan from the bank of which the man's balance of 80k was part of my consideration for the loan,but I was asked to provide the original proof of ownership of the vehicle as it was just the photocopy I presented and immediately contacted this man and he told me that he will never release the original proof of ownership until I balance his 80k

So in June I raised the 80k from a female friend and paid immediately to the man's account,he asked me to come to collect the proof of ownership at his apartment and when I got there he told me he misplaced it and he provided a Lagos state letter of onboarding for the for the vehicle licensing people to work with and ever since then I haven't been able to register this vehicle till now,just parked the vehicle and as it is I am really helpless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
Whitelookq:
Betting and masturbation, the masturbation part is history now but the betting part is my problem, it always makes me broke. I really need help.

Will send a mail please
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by lightwind(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
praiseneo:
Dad had stroke
Dad business crumbled
Kid sis died
Kid bro had accident with a broken leg
Landlord gave us quit notice
Mom and dad relocated to the village
(All in one year)
I stayed back in lag to sleep on the streets
I hustled hard
I didn’t join bad gang
I stayed focused
God turned things around
Now we are better than before
All glory to God.
I have never really shed tears uncontrollably before, but this story made me shed tears just now after reading. omg

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Bigwig02(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mine was Job Denied... After Passing 4 stages of the Recruitment Process and Tender Resignation of the available one then... Only for the Process to be cancelled after Probation Of Two Week.....

But thanking God things are going fine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by At10tion: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lost job and relationship in the same day! Lost some of my properties to investment gone wrong and still battling heavy debts!

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
okay no problem

Or bro, kindly leave a message https:///+2347062875357

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
trevorhorace:

Not yet. Still working on building finances. May take certification program instead. Not been easy.

Okay. PM. Let me give you some valuable push and info

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bmaster:
embarassed
Mine has and will always remain:
1.Borned a sickler.
2.Addicted to masturbation
3.Addicted to bet
4.Not attending church
5.All of the above.

Being a sickler is among one of the ugly experience one get through in life trust me, especially when you don't have a backup.

You'll eventually curse God.

Bro, kindly leave a message please https:///+2347062875357

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Julius209(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
Being born in Nigeria
Being born in the village
Being raised in the village
Being born into a poor family
But all in all(I left the village unceremoniously for Lagos in search of greener pasture after my secondary school)
Suffered in Lagos ( did all kind of jobs: okada, bricklaying, worked inside a market, slept inside a shop for close to 3yrs) despite all this I was focused
Gained admission into a polytechnic
Struggled to finish
Did my IT in a insurance company in Lagos which enable me to raise some money
Now, I'm in UNILAG.A graphic Artist and also a ui/ux designer( please patronize me nairalanders).
The journey has been tough but I thank God for life( when there is life, there is hope )

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by bouncin04(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

I have learned my lesson is all I have to say...
No matter how long you live , you can't learn it all .
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin
nairalee:
My foremost setback came on my birthday.

I mean my birth date.

The day wey dem born me.

I was like "why everywhere hot and dey smell like this? Abi we dey summer for America?"

Lo and behold they said I was born a Nigerian.

Biggest setback EVERRR.

By now I for be one bad ass American gigolo dey flex for beach and malls
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by BruncleZuma: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
bouncin04:
No matter how long you live , you can't learn it all .
That is true but this particular one won't repeat itself again.

5 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Fidelismaria: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
cry
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Mood11: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lived in a hostel while slaving from MONDAY to Sunday on a poor paying job.

Struggled till I rented an apartment and started a business of my own..

Helped some friends who were homeless.

Fed and housed them till they started sleeping with each other..

They didn't bother to get a job.

Frustrated me till I moved out of my house for them.

Went back to living in a hostel.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
phelonrays:
shocked

Masturbation , this demon was a witch that held me bound for years...!

Not physical neither was it spiritual, but my subconscious mind wouldn't let me rest when ever this demon got a field day in me..... cry cry

But I'm clearly a testimony now.... kiss kiss kiss
Aswr dat tin dey super addictive kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by northvietnam(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what? And u are still able to type this message?

If it were some people, they will be paralyzed instantly from the crown of their head to the sole of their feet.

I went through The valley of death and came back and I’m ok now but not better
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by IamGreen1(f): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
onadana:
Losing my darling wife in July 2019.I was a broken man.
cry
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by IamGreen1(f): 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
ambosss:
Got married October 2019, wife died October 2020 (childbirth) cry cry cry
Family wahala
WHO AM I TO QUESTION GOD.
But I am strong again.

Oh God! So so sorry for thjs

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by AgentGoat: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
JIREN01:
and this is a setback? The CEO of most banks did not study banking and finance at the undergraduate level. I studied pharmacy and I'm not even practising despite pressures from all angles. Most rich men don't even have a degree to start with. In as much you're doing well for yourself, count that out as a setback. By the way, if you were a lecturer, you probably would be in a huge debt or struggling to survive due to the recent ASUU strike. Believe me, they aren't having it easy.

What are you doing presently?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by QuintessentialW: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hotzone:
Retrenchment from oil company in the year 2003 and breaking up with my fiancé

Why did you break up?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Whitelookq: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
Felix180:

Will send a mail please

Ok
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by bouncin04(m): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

So how did you get pass that, did you postpone the wedding? Sorry for that, just want to learn
I started afresh , had sleeping disorders , mornings were tough even though the nights were long , though it wasn't easy , what helped me was my job at that time was very time demanding , was depressed at first but was always on the go so I think I got out of depression easily because of that ( my time demanding job.. no time to sink into deep thoughts that would enhance my depression ) I also tried avoiding people who brag a lot , my girl never left me ( still not married tho ) , still saving from the little I earn .. Thanks .

8 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Shadowofashadow: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
Can't talk about it, its still capable of breaking me down to my lower even after two years of trying to set my foot this time.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by weareok(m): 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
phelonrays:
shocked

Masturbation , this demon was a witch that held me bound for years...!

Not physical neither was it spiritual, but my subconscious mind wouldn't let me rest when ever this demon got a field day in me..... cry cry

But I'm clearly a testimony now.... kiss kiss kiss
How did you quite bro please I need help
And I noticed it brings badluck

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by oyetpel(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dropping out of school after 5 years, and starting all over again. Now it's 10 years and counting, boys and girls i left in jss1 down to pry 6 are now my coursemates.

3 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by hustla(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nigeria is the set back
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by bobbina(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
It is well indeed, mine is loosing over 26m in forex, still battling with the debts, people’s money involved. Don’t even know where to start from, have been praying to recover from the debt, about 20m still to pay.
It is well

5 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by hustla(m): 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
oyetpel:
Dropping out of school after 5 years, and starting all over again. Now it's 10 years and counting, boys and girls i left in jss1 down to pry 6 are now my coursemates.

Ma fo, graduate na graduate boss

Whether 10 years or not, e go come and go .. na make your try finish am be koko boss

Hang in there and try to leave the country after you finish if you can

God bless

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone / 25 Of The Most Creative Sculptures And Statues From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.