Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? (32243 Views)

What Tremendous Change Have You Experienced In Your Life Lately??? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sysdatek:

Okay. PM. Let me give you some valuable push and info
Sir please can I pm too?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Michael547(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
ambosss:
Got married October 2019, wife died October 2020 (childbirth) cry cry cry
Family wahala
WHO AM I TO QUESTION GOD.
But I am strong again.
Sorry to hear that.
I guess this link can help you a lot to cope
https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no3-2016-may/
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
1EmmyKay:
Lol being a Nigerian its a setback worsened being in Nigeria 100% setback everything everyday happenings in 9ja izza setback.

Don't mind that motivational speaker. One must be a crook to Make it big time in this country.

6 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Michael547(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sirwifi:
Today makes its 2 years i lost my mother , Not to mention i lost dad many years before that , 4th of Dec 2018 is a day i hope to ever recover from.
Sorry to hear that. I guess this link can help you
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Glowww:
My phone was stolen and used to clear my accounts, the heartless people even borrowed loan with the phone. The first money that entered the account, the bank quickly collected the loan back, loan i didnt take, i was mad. It was a sad experience. Learnt bitter lessons through it. With God's help, I'm gradually getting back.

How did they know your password ?? And the account the money entered should have been traced.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by tppzzy01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
My setback is being born in the family I am now. Especially, my Dad. They're waging war on me spiritually, stopping me from moving forward and. I prayed and prayed and prayed, God said he is looking at them, now that I lost my Guardian Angel (my wife of 9yrs marriage with 3 kids) to accident this year (this one hit me hard), God said he will now fight for me.
And Coro and ASUU too... it makes me to loose my business
Now am waiting for God to start the battle.

3 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Michael547(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
onadana:
Losing my darling wife in July 2019.I was a broken man.
Sorry to hear that
I guess this article can help you
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by KCNATH(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
ecomalchemist:

It's never too late fam.

All you need do is earn daily while learning the trade you want to.

If you want to go into ecommerce, let me know so I can share some resources with you.

Alternatively, you need to learn about Facebook and Instagram ads if you want to make a ton shit of Money from the Nigerian Market.
Plz am interested in this.
Anyone to teach me 4 free. Whatsap me 08023395221
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Reuben700: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mine being an aneamia have been struggling to survive more especially no job it have not been funny for me
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
WallStreetfx:
Thunder strike my laptop that I was using to learn online business

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Henryfortune(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
codeSavant:
December 2017 just a few weeks to Christmas I lost all of my birds (200 layers and 100 broilers). It was an extremely sad event.
..terrible Man ....and how did you survived this
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Mogajunior(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nackzy:
Okay if you say so, but in Nigeria, there's no enabling environment to practice what we studied in school, i love my career, but it hurts me that till this very moment, i can't break even because i don't have connect
I can tell you are passionate about your discipline and would wat to do something related to it. But I think wat is more important in life is to do well and attain success in wat ever you find yourself doing.

3 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Komu1048(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
cassyrooy:
Nigeria has a way of draining someone of life. All is well. Keep pushing.

Even me that didnt drop out of school wasted my time for complete 6-7 years looking for admission. If i had known sch na scam, i would have use my time well, but in life struggle continue
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Henryfortune(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
None that have had terrible effects on me so far ...I have learned to adapt to life changingg situations i bend if need to and i stand stiff if I had to...wife had some terrible miscarriages during our early yrs of marriage and I was without a job ...but as I said i bend if need to and stand stiff If I had to...All to the glory of God its by his grace that we are not consumed

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by guy222: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
I was about winning 7.2 million naira last season, it was just liverpool and watford remaining and i gave liverpool straight win, i was having a cashout of 6.9 million naira but i refuse to cashout because liverpool was unbeaten and watford was at the bottom of the table, i was having about 75000 naira in my account, i withdraw the money and started sharing money like father christmas while waiting for liverpool match, befor you know it my account was empty and everybody started hailing and calling me senior man, but i was shock beyond shock when watford flog liverpool 3:0, till this moment i have not recover from the shock, whenever i think of that match my head will be like thousands of carpenter are doing construction work in my head, right now i have develop chest pain as a result of that incident, and to those people that participated in the eating of my last money in my account, thunder would surely locate and relocate you all again and again.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by uncleck: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/2840381/worst-yet-happen-undergraduate-story

I created this thread but nairalanders were not interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by pedrilo: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
none
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by peropoliet(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
ecomalchemist:

It's never too late fam.

All you need do is earn daily while learning the trade you want to.

If you want to go into ecommerce, let me know so I can share some resources with you.

Alternatively, you need to learn about Facebook and Instagram ads if you want to make a ton shit of Money from the Nigerian Market.
would love to learn Facebook and Instagram ad I exchange crypto
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by pitsonbay: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
I sold my cars in 2015, invested in a wrong business , Buhari came, shortly my job went on a pause mode, a year now no salaries, Pandemic came , End-Sars came...... All these shook me to my bone marrow.... Though am still breathing .

4 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by praiseneo(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
lightwind:
I have never really shed tears uncontrollably before, but this story made me shed tears just now after reading. omg
it’s well smiley Thank God for life

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Logankavoh: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
kereman1:
efcc use me shine, e no beta for my barrister, that conniving bastard, he was biting me and blowing me breeze, did know he conspired with efcc legal department.

Bitting and blowing breeze grin grin grin
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by peropoliet(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
Finished from secondary school in 2015 got admission in 2017 paid only my year 1 fees still owning year2 dropped out this year cos fraudsters took my school fees from my mom bank account am even tired of life nothing wey motivational speaker fit talk change my mind I exchange crypto but men it hard to see people this season God help

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by OgaRico(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
molybdenum0012:
My major setback in life.

Finished secondary school in 2004, had to hustle for 4 years before I gained admission to Uni in 2008.
Afyer school, no good jobs2 years, had to go back to school for masters.

Lost huge money to mmm united.
2017, went back to Lagos to look for job, no job.

Met my wife, an American lady, got married and planning to relocate to the US, the US banned Nigeria and coro set in. Still in Naija without a job, juat walking the street of Lagos hustling around.

First thing first,sorry about the whole setback happenings around you and how about giving Security job a try while you are yet to move to America because the experience gained here might be useful when you eventually move abroad and I'm suggesting Security Job because is readily available.

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by iboboyswag(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what? And u are still able to type this message?

If it were some people, they will be paralyzed instantly from the crown of their head to the sole of their feet.

Na money God go bring another one.

Reminds me of some of my losses... Crazy, really crazy.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Emekaossai(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2020
My Mum left when we were little and we haven't seen her since then(19 years ago). That alone changed a lot in our lives.
That's my greatest setback.

5 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by kaymart: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
fykes:
Lost my fiancee on my wedding day.
Set me back so many years..
how? what happened?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by strangest(m): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ex wife took away all my savings.. I'm glad to gain my mental health back

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Stricklybidness(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
StPete:

This your story was almost similar to mine but God had a hand and turned my fortunes around...

I gained admission

Dad had stroke

Dad lost his job

I got scholarships

I finished from school

Family went bankrupt treating dad up to the point he had to sell one of his houses

I eventually got a good job

Dad died

Life goes on
Lucky you tat he even have a house tat u guys later sold to keep pushing how about those tat went through similar experience with no other option?
It is well

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Stricklybidness(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
codeSavant:
December 2017 just a few weeks to Christmas I lost all of my birds (200 layers and 100 broilers). It was an extremely sad event.
So how are you holding up now?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Stricklybidness(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
olymyk:

My set back was usa immigration interruption ....

.....( let me not write further)....

I’m back on my feet now glory be to God !

Wait o

If you want to run usa f1 student visa , this is the time to dust your transcript/ certificate as a Nigerian graduate

Biden is coming grin
Person wa wan go hustle for tat side no?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Cashio(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
Aleboss:
I got withdrawn after spending 5 years in the university. Starting afresh next year hopefully
baba before you start afresh, make sure you a means of income. Not only will that give you a means of survival through your next academic journey, it will also beomething to fall back on, Incase you finish school eventually and there is no job.

5 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Evidenx(m): 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
FOR THOSE WHO INVESTED AND LOST IT ALL SORRY ABOUT THAT,GIVE CHYMALL A TRY AND I TELL YOU,U WILL THANK ME LATER.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone / 25 Of The Most Creative Sculptures And Statues From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.