Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (31363 Views)

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? / I want to buy phone if you know you sell UK used phone get in here / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by MJBOLT: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
i will remove the battery next time

Pridestorm:
Putting your phone on alarm can save your phone if stolen.

Normally, when you set your phone on alarm, even if the phone is switched off it will ring.

It happened some time ago, when I left my phone on charge before going to bed. Wake up in the morning, and to my vast surprise I couldn't find it. On daily basis, I will set two alarms. One - 5am for going for lectures, and the other 4pm - for reading.

This time, I slept very early, got up early to go and urinate, and checked for the phone. It wasn't there.

At exactly 3:23am, I woke my roommates up, asked them whether they saw the phone I plugged on charge. The obvious answers, I got from them were, 'No', 'I thought it was there' and 'I saw it there when I came back from class.' I searched, searched and searched all over but didn't find it. Called my line - it was switched off.

Cutting it short, at exactly 5:00am, my phone started ringing from unknown source. It ranged continuously until I was about able trace it. I found the phone in a bag of rice, inside a full bag rice. And the person who even took the phone assisted me vigorously, telling me where to search for the phone.

Apparently, the guy that hid the phone was waiting for daybreak so that he can go and sell it to someone else. But then the alarm got him busted!

So guys, you see the power of setting your phone on alarm. Even if you can't track it, for as long as your alarm is 'ON' and it is close-by, it will ring. Please share this to your loved ones.

Cc: seun dominique lalasticlala

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by psychologist(m): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
baseless
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by ecclize: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
Denikayan:
Just put kolanut and honey inside your pocket. The alarm wont work.
bros it will ring expect u add a dead coacroach... To the items u mentioned earlier
BTW
op u gat a point but at the same time u are lucky... I fone was stolen in the car i had alighted before i noticed...

3 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by TreasureJunky: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
I concur but what if you not lucky that the thief is not close by
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by femi4: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pridestorm:

Normally, when you set your phone on alarm, even if the phone is switched off it will ring.

It happened some time ago, when I left my phone on charge before going to bed. Wake up in the morning, and to my vast surprise I couldn't find it. On daily basis, I will set two alarms. One - 5am for going for lectures, and the other 4pm - for reading.

This time, I slept very early, got up early to go and urinate, and checked for the phone. It wasn't there.

At exactly 3:23am, I woke my roommates up, asked them whether they saw the phone I plugged on charge. The obvious answers, I got from them were, 'No', 'I thought it was there' and 'I saw it there when I came back from class.' I searched, searched and searched all over but didn't find it. Called my line - it was switched off.

Cutting it short, at exactly 5:00am, my phone started ringing from unknown source. It ranged continuously until I was about able trace it. I found the phone in a bag of rice, inside a full bag rice. And the person who even took the phone assisted me vigorously, telling me where to search for the phone.

Apparently, the guy that hid the phone was waiting for daybreak so that he can go and sell it to someone else. But then the alarm got him busted!

So guys, you see the power of setting your phone on alarm. Even if you can't track it, for as long as your alarm is 'ON' and it is close-by, it will ring. Please share this to your loved ones.

Cc: seun dominique lalasticlala
you are just lucky...datz all
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Hintona(f): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gforce2019:
Is that all about your childish story?

This story is not meant for us living in Ikoyi....

Next.
Arrogance and foolishness is a deadly combination

2 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by bomsybomsy(m): 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
We have genuine land for sale, just beside the Federal University Otuoke , Bayelsa State. You can use it to build good self contain hostels for students,Which is urgently needed by the yearly increase in student population.

Our comprehensive research in some nigerian universities show that,Hostel accommodation for students have always been in short supply in Nigeria Universities, Polytechnics, and other higher institutions.Simple reason,Most higher institutions in Nigeria enroll students in tens of thousands. And many of these higher institutions do not have ready hostel accommodation for the massive student population they attract from all over Nigeria to their schools.Even the Universities, Polytechnics and other higher institutions in Nigeria who have student hostel within their premises do not have enough rooms to cater for the accommodation needs of 70 percent of their student population.Therefore, the majority of students seek youth hostels or student accommodation outside of the school environment. Thousands of students are in constant need of hostel accommodation year in year out in higher institutions all over Nigeria.Therefore building student hostels provides a huge opportunity for you to earn good returns on your investment,.....0-8-0-3-7-9-0-3-4-4-4
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Gforce2019: 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hintona:

Arrogance and foolishness is a deadly combination

... And na joke o !

You are not a deep person...

Work on yourself.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Hintona(f): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gforce2019:

... And na joke o !

You are not a deep person...

Work on yourself.
Your joke is not funny at all
It's as shallow as your brain
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Losing my 2 weeks old Samsung galaxy S9 taught me one lesson; Material things will pass away. After all efforts to find my phone, I just performed a remote wipe via Google and moved on. I got another one but became more careful with my smartphone. OP you're lucky

I swear same thing happened to me. My Samsung S9 was stolen after 3 weeks, I just wiped it by signing in to my Samsung cloud and also made it show this phone was stolen on the screen. I moved on later nii

2 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Hoodbilonia: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Cv
Comp village shaps
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by tabithababy(f): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
ecclize:

bros it will ring expect u add a dead coacroach... To the items u mentioned earlier
BTW
op u gat a point but at the same time u are lucky... I fone was stolen in the car i had alighted before i noticed...

What will kokanut , honey and a dead cockroach do
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
AgamaProf:
What if the battery is removed. You never jam Better thief. Infact, right away the phone is stolen, he will have it flashed manually and remove the sim.
Lol.... You know that we have inbuild batteries these days. So it will be impossible for you to try such a thing.

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Femeto: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pridestorm:

That's because dey didn't switch it off or send it back to factory reset.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Gforce2019: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hintona:

Your joke is not funny at all
It's as shallow as your brain

Your shallowness is a fnx of the crudity in your comments...

I pity your boyfriend .... and how miserable you could have made his Life.

An undesirable elements... product of broken marriage
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
MJBOLT:

cheesy cheesy
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
MJBOLT:

cheesy cheesy

And what if it is inbuild, are you gonna smash the phone or what?
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Afonja007: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
kingxsamz:
What if it doesn't ring at the time the phone was stolen?
Unless you would set your alarm to ring every five minutes, and doing that you'll get tired of hearing it. No be person go even tell u say make u off am.
because of ordinary Chinese You wan kill your junior brother?if he come nack your babe akpako den you go shoot undecided

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Hintona(f): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gforce2019:

Your shallowness is a fnx of the crudity in your comments...

I pity your boyfriend .... and how miserable you could have made his Life.

An undesirable elements... product of broken marriage
Stalker alert
Jobless thing

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Justinba1997(m): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
FarFromAverage:
Very true Op!!
Similar thing also happened to me. My junior brother took my phone when I was sleeping and started playing games with it. I got up from sleep, searched everywhere for the phone and wasn't able to find it. Exactly 6:10am the phone's alarm rang. Guess where he hid the phone? Under d chair.
That day, I gave that boy the severe beating of his life.
bro You Wicked What Of If He Stole It Unko You Go Kill Am
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Femeto:
That's because dey didn't switch it off or send it back to factory reset.

Switch it off? If you set an alarm, even if the phone is switched off it will still ring. Try it.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by eleojo23: 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Odogu9195:
Lol my iPhone doesn’t do that
Izzit our fault?
Sue Apple biko

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by ecclize: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
tabithababy:
What will kokanut , honey and a dead cockroach do
its a myth shroulded in mystery but it works just try it
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
SIRKAY98:
Yes it was becuase the phone had in built battery
Yeah....
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by MJBOLT: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
i will put chewing gum on the speakers
Pridestorm:
cheesy cheesy
And what if it is inbuilt, are you gonna smash the phone or what?

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by erico2k2(m): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
AgamaProf:
What if the battery is removed. You never jam Better thief. Infact, right away the phone is stolen, he will have it flashed manually and remove the sim.
u CANT REMOVE THE BATTERY OF NEWER PHONES
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
erico2k2:

u CANT REMOVE THE BATTERY OF NEWER PHONES
What about manual flashing. Volume key+ power button. Wipe off every damb thing.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pridestorm:

Lol.... You know that we have inbuilt batteries these days. So it will be impossible for you to try such a thing.
Flash the phone. It's that easy.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by erico2k2(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
AgamaProf:

What about manual flashing. Volume key+ power button. Wipe off every damb thing.
Not when it is not frozen
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
sherylbakky:
Haaaa, I dey fear u aswear
No fear me o, wetin thieves don do me don teach me lessons. Thief don ever carry your phone, later come come back carry your battery and charger?
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gforce2019:

Ogbologbo!
Lol, omo, na my phone repair experience I take know o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduces Online Call Option / Ever Wondered Why Bluetooth Is Called Bluetooth / Ladies And Photo Filters Addiction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.