Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,765 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail (28354 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Job Resignation. .. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by formebyme: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2010
@ResignedStaff

I salute your courage sir/ma!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by kaion(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
Guy big ups to you joooo! all of you with this bad comment i pray you will get a job in which you will be so unappreciated, then you will know what this guy went through. i was once in a position like this and believe me i left cos the stress was way too much and well was without work for like 3 months. But i was happy to relieve my self of the stress and never regret it
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by iabayomi: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
I believe job seekers should learn from this.

ABULE MUWONLERU, IF U REM AGBARA NLA BT MOUNT ZION FILM

learn what,,when one is looking for job after five years,he is ready to be a slave
we are hungry o jare, it takes courage to spil that out,
another place is PRESCO PLC IN BENIN
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Odunnu: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2010
breathless:

Just the way some things mentioned in the course of this tread does not seem to make sense to some respondents, (cos yàll find it hard to believe) so it will be pointless explaining.

Fot those in doubt, try make friends with Glo staff in any unit. Do not ask questions about what you`ve heard aboput the company, but tactically sample their level of satisfaction working there and if they`ll leave at the slightest opportunity even for lesser pay.

Maybe the email address got lost in the middle of oda posts. Plz Sir,here it is justwise@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Akainzo(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
kushe:

i know folks like this akainzo

piss off advise,just shut the freaking f up and take the analysing parts of your brain to the gym

and be damn too sure that i got the english language in a choke hold lest u think u are being called out by a slowpoke

u are sooooooooooooo annoying  sad   sad

Kushe, you do not know people like me that have brains for analysis, you dream to know people like me; you wish you knew people like me and you pray to know people like me.

For your education, morons do speak English and do know grammar, so you are in good company with them.
Not to worry, you won't be he first to find people with intellect annoying, check the back of the classrooms, it's a constant common thread.

When you come to a forum, please come with your brains to share, learn, be educated and also share information. You would benefit much with these.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Akainzo(m): 12:06am On Sep 21, 2010
ghost74:

Akainzo

I am directing this mail directly to you, I want you to do an investigative journalism yourself so that you can confirm somethings.

I want to believe you are a Nigerian, now I'm going to give you an insight into Globacom premises so that you can know that this person is not lying.

Now go to 24 Saka Tinubu street, it is the building that shares a fence with NITEL office, on Saka Tinubu now take your time to observe how Globacom staffs go in and come out, and at the same time look at there disposition you will see that all Globacom staffs put around there neck a Green Strap.

.-.-, ,  police force of Nigeria so go upstairs and you will see for yourself whether what I've said is true or not.

Ghost74, Thanks for the invite to do this. I would have loved to do this  myself as I enjoy a fair challenge. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a project now and I can't spare the time to go to Lagos on a weekday. However, I do promise, if I find myself in Lagos on a weekday, i would find this out.

ghost74:

On getting out kindly meet staffs that are going on lunch, at about 1 - 2 pm tell them that you are trying to gather information's from them, as a Nigerian Labor Congress officer

1) Any of there staffs that have a letter headed paper of Globacom for there appointment letter

2) If they have been confirmed after 5 yrs of working in Globacom

3) If they have proceeded on any training and if they have they should kindly tell you if they have a certificate for this training.

See when you get some information try to verify the information before you claim it as not true, please do this and then comeback to us.

Thanks

From the experience I've had working in big multinationals, I know for a fact that not everyone that works within their office premises is actually their staff. Thus I would not be surprised if those at the switch room or engineers are actually not Globacom staff but employees of another company or even sister company. Note that this is just an observation and not specifically on the Glo case.

ghost74:

Please how can you explain that Globacom does not have fuel to run Gen Set and as such there was a downtime that affected operations for hours, and this company has another sister company Conoil. Please can you explain that.

Also please can you explain how a company of the magnitude of Globacom have downtime for hours because the filter for the Generator has been clogged and request for filter has been on the desk of the COO for weeks without any response.

My friend you can't believe somethings that happen in tat organization.

Kindly go on investigative Journalism I am throwing out to you to do

On this one, I do not need to do an investigative journalism.
I can tell you categorically that two of my friends have contracts with Glo on maintenance/service of their Generators across the South-South and South-East. One has a contract to supply diesel and he sure is having a ball on it, while the other goes around changing the AVRs on the Gen sets.

On the above bolded parts, I would say, AMAZING! Even ordinary Nigerians with 20 - 25KVA generators know that the Gen Set suppliers are the ones to service the generators and then pass the bills across. Thus I would be very surprised that Globacom would be servicing their generators themselves!

Like I said earlier, the people I know in Glo do not paint this pathetic picture about the company. Also, given general knowledge of things, the accusations just don't add up. I concede that Glo might not be perfect but the exaggerations as contained on this thread are way too much.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 21, 2010
I can tell you categorically that two of my friends have contracts with Glo on maintenance/service of their Generators across the South-South and South-East. One has a contract to supply diesel and he sure is having a ball on it, while the other goes around changing the AVRs on the Gen sets.

On the above bolded parts, I would say, AMAZING! Even ordinary Nigerians with 20 - 25KVA generators know that the Gen Set suppliers are the ones to service the generators and then pass the bills across. Thus I would be very surprised that Globacom would be servicing their generators themselves!

we are not talking about connected contractors who are kicking back to the ogas if they ae not the ogs's proxies for that matter - we are talking about workers. is that so difficult for you to understand?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by abbeyadet: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2010
Lots of people one way or the other are resigning their jobs because they are not being fulfilled. for how long will someone be afraid of be himself and speak his mind?
there has been lots of issues with Globacom staff and i strongly commend the guy for taking this step!
However, i hope he has got a Plan B to implement!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ghost74: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2010
Akainzo,

1) Good you are taking up the challenge so kindly tell people the truth when you finish

2) When you get in the multinational companys as you claim you will be able to identify staffs by there tags

3) You've just proven to me that you don't have friends that supply Globacom Diesel and replace AVR's, becos STAG Engineering handles Globacom's generators service see I know Globacom like the back of my hand I have not 1 but lots of friend in Globacom we left Globacom for far lower pay in another telecoms outfit.

I'm not doing this to bring down the company don't get me wrong I'm doing this to see if PADDY, BELLA or Big Uncle Mike can get to read this and prove to my colleagues that are left in that Company that he's been miss informed by the Indian and Nigerian sycophant that he surrounds himself with.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by xlad21(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
its really a sad situation, i can quite categorically tell you that most glo staff don't actually have a glo appointment letter, i wonder the scam behind that one, and upon all the purported money they are supposed to be getting, they are one of the saddest people in Nigeria's corporate environments. it is really terrible. i know it is a private biz, but i wonder why Mike wont refine his processes, this is not gonna take the company very far. i house built on very weak foundations is bound to fall, and very soon he may have difficulty attracting the best talents for his companies
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ud4u: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
The guy has courage, I have heard much about this company and he decided to make some things public. We need more of this kind of people in the government of this country.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2010
What do you all expect Globacom, Conoil and all other M.A Companies are just a front for IBB's Stolen Wealth.
Mike Adenuga is a Custodian for Nigeria's Stolen Monies.
When he over spends the Orphan of Minna calls him to order.

Mike Adenuga does not own any of his firms.
He cannot even sack his GCOO, Mr. Jameel Mohammed whom has a direct link to the Orphan of Minna.

Mike Adenuga is an Abiola wanna be at best but he has come a long way from being a Taxi Driver abroad.

I believe he and IBB will still clash as Adenuga is running IBB's investments into the ground as he enjoys wealth he could not dream of twenty years ago.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
I heard that Staff in Glo now plan each other's assasination as there are no real measures for appraisal and performance eg the killing of their Kaduna State Manager. It was an inside job.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2010
I have a Glo Staff with me.
She said the Staff that resigned was an Igbo man and that he worked like a donkey.
He was employed as a salesman but worked so hard that he he even crafted the latest Globacom Corporate Product she is trying to sell to us.
A Corporate Line that does not have a credit limit Facility.

She told me that the guy has helped save Globacom's Corporate Sales Department from total Collapse.
But was the lowest paid experienced staff in Globacom nationwide.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
She said she is tired of Glo that her Salary is insignificant and that there is zero healthcare for her, no computer to work with in the mornings, no car to move around with for her sales assignments and has to sing in the rain often.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2010
I am amazed so Why does Glo pay Actors and Singers so much for adverts when the computers that staff work with have not been changed for over 3 years? And why do they employ so many expats and pay Nigerians there peanuts.

Globacom should be forced to change its logo Colours from Green and White to Black and Blue. They are not Pro-Nigeria in any sense of the word.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
I beg if i could i would employ this guy i heard he is a real radical stickler for Truth and Change.
Infact if he can join this forum or reach out to me i will sponsor him to any level i mean does he want to work abroad i can make this happen just pass me his Contacts.

Who is Adenuga self?
Bloody Flash in the Pan Bend Over for Alhaji Billionaire.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Redial: 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2010
Till we get a response in the press from Glo on this matter i suggest we start a campaign to drop 10 Million Globacom lines by the 10th of October, 2010.

Whose with me?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by kboy84(m): 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2010
Funny, I know the guy. the mail is real.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by jaysay(m): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2010
the author of this mail is either planning to resign or he just did.
This is not a letter he got, this is a letter he authored.

That explains why I have hear so much about glo. hmmm!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by waffluence(m): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2010
Guy I feel for you o! Ee yah! But if I may ask, who did you inform when you were receiving the arm robber salary Glo pays? From your letter I can see that you are not fit to be in the system in the first place! I wonder if you ever worked there!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by papihand: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
Omo check her for vacancies ooo http://www.nigerianvacancies.com/
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by finguy(m): 3:04am On Oct 04, 2010
this dude better go into his own private biz, all u get the same treatment from all employes these days. dou glod seem to me a very disorganised people with the way they do their thing. alot of money to throw around with the wrong people. thats shit!!!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by rimms(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
The mail below was sent to HR by an aggrieved GLOBACOM staff upon resignation on September 14, 2010. The same staff copied the ED HR, several Executive Directors including Bella Adenuga, Paddy Adenuga and over 50 other staff. Please enjoy this piece below:

Subject: I quit.

I resumed at Globacom on the 25th day of May, 2009.

I came having heard more negative stories than positive stories about working at Globacom believing that the stories maybe exaggerations but I found that the stories were 99% true.

I tried to fit in even when my well cultured corporate mind could not believe nor tolerate the level of lack of professionalism at work in virtually every aspect of operations and business in Globacom.

I am tired, I am tired and I am very tired.

What am I tired of ?

1. I am tired of being harassed by Mr. Anil Kumar, Head of Risk Management whom constantly attacks me verbally about coming to trash out customer's issues with Globacom Credit Control Department, Globacom Relationship Department, Globacom Activation Department and the Archive room as no sensible salesman will carry vital approval documents about constantly. Calling and shouting down Mr. Kamaldeen Shonibare, Head of Post Paid and claiming to report me for not working on the field but camping out in his Department. Needless to say, Mr. Anil Kumar does not have any respect for his Host Country and its citizens as he shouts at every Nigerian he believes he can get away with shouting at.

2. I am tired of the standing order that I should get out of the office from 10:30am to 4:30pm even when I need to get back to the office to pull up some vital data in order to service my Clients.

3. I am tired of being told to stay away from the Island because somebody is afraid that I will see something wrong and tell the people with the most to lose if Globacom is hurt of impending dangers.

4. I am tired of having to beg Globacom Finance to act on my Client's email instruction for new lines even as Globacom expects my Clients to respect my emails and to act on them.

5. I am tired of having to beg Globacom Finance, Globacom Credit Control and Globacom Activation Departments to activate lines of Clients whom are owing arrears even as Glomobile Post Paid has credit over shoot issues that no blanket approval for arrears allowance has been made neither has a Team of Staff being allocated to tackle this phenomenon through an immediate alert approach.

6. I am tired of Memos going to the GCOO for one off exemptions on Post Paid Account issues that are common to all Post Paid accounts of the same type such as three different exemptions for three BSCS Post Paid Accounts for Arrears.

7. I am tired of remembering How I was recruited without being told of the 50-50 Principle thereby causing me to earn less than what I was earning in Fidelity Bank that I came from.

8. I am tired of remembering how when training people in the past and when I inquire of their Pay and Job Function in order to be sure that they are in the right place i find that they are scheduled to do the same Job as myself for twice the Salary and in the following months I do not see any magic reason.

9. I am tired of having to explain why I cannot promise my Client of timely Service or any service at all as I do not know at that very point in time I speak in my Client's Office of the Client's Account's report card with Risk Management.

10. I am tired of remembering how I almost died in the first few months in Globacom at a slaughter slab that was recommended to me as a Hospital for me to attend at near Chevron, Springtime Medical Center it took the intervention of a friend to save me.

11. I am tired of trying to work harder, think faster and more innovatively for a company that does not appreciate my existence.

I believe it is time for me to clear my desk and seek out a new dream.

I have seen enough working in Globacom is like playing football where all the remaining 21 players are all refrees.

I believe that an Honest Man placed as a Compliance or Best Practices Officer answerable to only the person of the Chairman. An Honest man whom is a firm believer in improvement, filled with great zeal for success whom is not married and is ready to marry Globacom for three years straight without any distraction. Below 34 years of age with at least 7 years of work experience in other fields and at least 9 Months of Post Paid Corporate Sales Experience is adequate.

There is still adequate room for great improvement in the Fortunes of Globacom but we need to be ready to let Market Forces beat us into the right Shape.

I will be winding down my involvements with Globacom though when a man has tied his aspirations to the aspirations of another man or group of men it is hard to totally break away from others.

I wish Globacom well and to all the staff in Globacom i pray you find your own dream that will allow you build your own "Globacoms".

Stay Safe and live Strong.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?

A true story indeed.
This is a sample of what goes on in all Adenuga's companies or deals on a daily basis. No respect for anything, No common sense and No integrity at every level. Just drop the money and let them carry the load in a worst way.
The sad part of it all is, a letter like this one will never get to Adenuga because the blockheads around him will never let it happen, not that it matters.

Adenuga, a lost man, lost soul that exists in his own little planet. A planet designed for him by the ungodly gold diggers/ prisoners that surround him.
Only lowlife, no pride, hungry, hopeless and illiterate people hang around to work for Adenuga. It usually doesn't take took long for most reasonable bright human beings to move on.
The idea is to work for Adenuga because it is all the about money, however 99% of his employees makes a lot of money but mostly can't show anything for it.
Can any of you people remember ETB?? What a piece of unprofessional/unorganized crab.

Work for great Nigerians, real companies and earn what you deserve. Try Dangote and many other reliable Nigerian companies.
Globacom is a slave camp.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by DRPYGRU: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Glo
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
Damn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

B.sc In Economics Or Accounting.please Advice / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.