Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong (23411 Views)

Throwback Video Of Will Smith Joking About Someone's Bald Head / Tonto Dikeh Preaches About Jesus, Fans Come For Her / Seyi Law Slammed For Joking About Splitting With His Wife (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by luluman: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Blingblings:
All because he's a Merciful God... Only lame and uncreative comedians do that. Try am with Mohammed make him boys tell you how far..
Christianity has always been peaceful.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by BEASTER(m): 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sin again the Holy Spirit is Unforgiving
Let them go and ask their prophet about the gravity of it. May GOD forgive them.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by ojonugwap(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
Acehart:

Good evening. The scriptures show right from Genesis (where the brothers of Abel and Joseph killed their sibling), through the psalms and Malachi, that the Messiah will be rejected. Daniel 9:24-26, specifically shows that at the first advent (coming) of Christ, He will be killed.

It was prophesied that "He will be despised and rejected" in Isaiah 53. God caused these to happen. The Book of Romans show that their rejection will not last forever: they will accept Christ at the appointed time - when the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled (Romans 11). Most significantly, God caused the hearts of the Jews to be hardened (towards Jesus) for our sake.

Who wrote the Bible don't let what you're seeing in Bible to determine your sense of reasoning Bible is Mistry and complicated some information you see in there aren't correct Moses wrote Genesis and told you how God created the universe and you believed it, tell me how many century did the world exist before Moses came into the world please go to your Bible read Genesis from the beginning you notice is full of error, mind you Bible is a testimony if you doubt me ask your pastor...
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by phkka1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
989900:
Jesus Christ is not 'Almighty', only GOD is.

Read John 1:1-5
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by paix(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
I have seen comedians and musicians in many churches dancing on the altar which is supposed to be a sacred place. The pastors and the members will be clapping and hailing them.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by mysteryman2014: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Acehart:

Good evening sir. I left that out because that information wasn't necessary for whom I quoted the verse for. I know your intention; please, grant me your 'eyes':

The Greek word for firstborn, "prototokos", for which we have the English word, "prototype", whose dictionary meaning is - origin, original or originator, is used (as seen in the context also) as the honorific title, firstborn, which belongs first and foremost to the Son of God, Christ Jesus.

When reading the scriptures, it is expedient that we know chiefly the etymology of the words and how it applies to the context and the intention of the letter. The Letter to the Colossians and with the Book of Hebrews was to dispel the messages making the rounds in those days that Jesus was created (like an angel as the Helenists were made to believe).

I disagree. Jesus when on earth made several reference to his father in heaven and on several occasions did pray to him before performing miracles.

On the night of his death he prayed to his father if possible for the cup to pass him over, however the will of God be done.

If Jesus be almighty God, the when Jesus died who resurrected him.

The book of Proverbs portrays Jesus as wisdom personified that was with his father from creation.

John 3:16 clear identify him as the only begotten son that was sent by His father to die on the behalf of sinful mankind.

Only the almighty God Jehovah has no beginning and no end.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by mechanics(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
That's right.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by mysteryman2014: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
Acehart:

Good evening sir. I left that out because that information wasn't necessary for whom I quoted the verse for. I know your intention; please, grant me your 'eyes':

The Greek word for firstborn, "prototokos", for which we have the English word, "prototype", whose dictionary meaning is - origin, original or originator, is used (as seen in the context also) as the honorific title, firstborn, which belongs first and foremost to the Son of God, Christ Jesus.

When reading the scriptures, it is expedient that we know chiefly the etymology of the words and how it applies to the context and the intention of the letter. The Letter to the Colossians and with the Book of Hebrews was to dispel the messages making the rounds in those days that Jesus was created (like an angel as the Helenists were made to believe).

The word prototokos was used in the Greek Septuagint translation at Genesis 49:3" Reuben thou art my first born [prototokos].

Reuben was the first born of the children of Jacob, similarly the first creation of God Almighty is Jesus.

Evidently Jesus has a beginning and was created by God.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by lekbel09(m): 12:36am On Apr 23, 2019
maryjames9:

You took that out of my heart. Christians dress anyhow to church(the kind one wey those olosho dey wear for night beside brothels), they chat, press phones, invite jokers aka comedian to churches, dance makossa, yahoozee, alingo, gbe body e etc in church. They hug, kiss, sex inside church. Their ushers dress like a prostitute en route where to service customers, the pastors sleep with all the Married and single babes, exploit the members to acquire jets, business,schools when members due of hunger. And the list go on and on. The most unfortunate thing is even if the pastor is caught red handed in the act, the members will defend their pastor with the last drop of their body chanting Touch Not Some Anointed. A pastor that is supposed to be banished or disciplined.

These shits don't happen in Islam because those guys are disciplined and they preach against all social vices, acts of indecency, acts of immiralities but our pastors only preach about success, prosperity. When it turns to discipline, hard work, honesty, righteousness, holiness they shy away for fear of loosing the tithes of some bad guys in the church.

Despite the acts of violence and that of terrorism associated with Islam, in the next 20 years, due to their content and ideology, they will win the hearts of millions of Christians to Islam.
Go and read 2 corinthians 10 v 12
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by hardon1(m): 2:52am On Apr 23, 2019
so this man thinks everybody is a christian??
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Bifrost: 5:57am On Apr 23, 2019
clemz85:
Uncle Yule, Jesus didn't call him self our creator o,

He is our savior, way shower and spiritual teacher biko,

He was not even a Christian o,

You're dumb, if you quote me, I'll tell you why.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by 989900: 6:03am On Apr 23, 2019
Acehart:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

"The mighty [not "Almighty"] God".
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Bifrost: 6:05am On Apr 23, 2019
realoscar84:
Its unacceptable that comedian cant draw a line between jokes n blasphemy anymore. Having said that, i can't simply understand this belief held on firmly by the Christians that Jesus is their creator/maker. How? It defies logic. When you ask these people who has been spreading this fallacies, who is the Father, their lame explanation is always amusing. Jesus is one of the prophets of God Almighty. Our father, Our God, the Omnipotent and Omniscient, the Supreme being is One and He doesnt share his Glory with anyone because He is a jealous God. Jesus Christ is one of His messenger, stop mixing it up.

You, my friend are also stupid. If you quote me, I'll tell you why. For the time being enjoy your stupidity.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Bifrost: 6:08am On Apr 23, 2019
lanre316:

If God is offended by his jokes, God knows the best way to react and get angry. We don't need to get angry for God and get vindictive for him, like he needs avengers, if truly he is God. I don't think God Almighty is concerned with these mundane things anyway. It is humans that talk for God, fight for God, kill for God, get offended for God etc etc etc

I can only hope you get my point here.

Fair point. Tell that also to the blood sucking Islam extremists.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Acehart: 6:10am On Apr 23, 2019
mysteryman2014:

Reuben was the first born of the children of Jacob, similarly the first creation of God Almighty is Jesus.

Evidently Jesus has a beginning and was created by God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Good morning: my greeting is extended to yours as well.

I put up the verses above as my compass so that I may not miss my way while responding to you. I would that I never listened to my forbears first before I studied studied the scriptures for myself, and also understood the power (functions) of the punctuation marks in the English grammar before ever picking up a Bible. The misunderstanding of the English grammar has led to the perversion of the scriptures by many.

Do you remember at Caesarea Philippi, upon the revelation of Father, Jesus made this statement: "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18)? Let's look at the words, MY CHURCH. Can we say that the first time the word, Church, was used in the scriptures, Jesus used the possessive pronoun, MY, to show the whole world that He owns the Church.

In the scriptures, the words, Church of God, appear thirteen times. The words, Church of the firstborn, appears once. Using the rule you applied to Reuben and God, the firstborn is God, and God is Christ Jesus.

Is Christ Jesus, God? I would like you to see the guardrails I used above - the sayings of Thomas and Stephen. None of us would ever have had the firsthand information those two had; but we see clearly that they referred to Christ as God (unless you do not understand the function of iterations or you condemn them as blasphemers). Isaiah prophesying about the coming of Christ saying, "Behold! Your God"; and the words that follow are the exploits Christ performed when He rose from the dead.

Paul extolling him in Colossians says, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." The ramification of this honor is boundless; Paul extols Him as the One that has the Almighty power of the Father in Himself.

Mystery man, If your evidence is true and faultless, it will agree with all scripture; but I doesn't. Why do I say this? You used one of the meaning of 'prototokos' related to the privilege of the firstborn son to imply that Jacob created Reuben. (I am using your rule). Does a man create another man? Colossians describes Christ as the 'firstborn from Hades'. Did Hades create Christ? Not only did your conclusion not make biblical sense, it does not make for proper reasoning. The genealogies of Levi show Samuel, an Ephratite, in its train; Did Eli have Samuel as his firstborn? The Pentateuch always referred to the firstborn as the one who opens the matrix. What then is a matrix? Is God or the Godhead a matrix?

I may just have complicated my writing but it is intentional. Many people do not understand the meaning of the word, "God", "Son", and "Father" and it is led to the perversion of the scriptures. Many of us have drowned in the erroneous teachings of our elders that we have accepted their error as the truth.

Above all, if we do not do the will of the Father - to follow Christ, we will be condemned. If we do not have the same brotherly relationship Jehovah had with Abraham, when we die, we will be damned. If we are not Holy as Christ was, when Christ shall appear, we will be judged with the wicked and Satan. Mystery man, are you saved? Are you Holy? Have you been washed in the blood of Jesus? These are all that matter?

Have a nice day
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Neddyogu(m): 6:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Successmind:
Am kind of confused here,is Jesus the creator or GOD

Creation was spearheaded by the Almighty Jehovah, however, many spirit beings were involved. Read Proverbs 8:30.

Moreover, Jehovah told His partners in creation
" Come, let US make man in OUR own likeness." (Gen 1:26)
He also said "Come, let US go down and confuse their language....."( In d story of tower of Babel)
So Jehovah did not work in isolation in the whole creation thingy. The spirit being that reincarnated as Jesus was very much involved according to the inspired declaration of Proverbs 8.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Acehart: 7:01am On Apr 23, 2019
989900:

"The mighty [not "Almighty"] God".

The scriptures in Revelation 1:8 say of Christ Jesus, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Goldenfinger5(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2019
Hadone:
It's not good, they're mocking a holy prophet of God. May the peace and blessing of Allah (SWT) be upon prophet Jesus the son of Maryam

Sorry to announce to you. Jesus Christ is not a prophet, HE is God your creator till tomorrow
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Acehart: 8:05am On Apr 23, 2019
ojonugwap:

Who wrote the Bible don't let what you're seeing in Bible to determine your sense of reasoning Bible is Mistry and complicated some information you see in there aren't correct Moses wrote Genesis and told you how God created the universe and you believed it, tell me how many century did the world exist before Moses came into the world please go to your Bible read Genesis from the beginning you notice is full of error, mind you Bible is a testimony if you doubt me ask your pastor...

I would have loved to reply but I can hardly comprehend your opinion. It's either it's construction or the spellings you adopted.

Regards
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by clemz85(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2019
Bifrost:

You're dumb, if you quote me, I'll tell you why.

You have been quoted, so?

Uncle clever
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Bifrost: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2019
clemz85:

You have been quoted, so?
Uncle clever
Quoting me is enough proof you're a dumb idiot.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by clemz85(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
Bifrost:

Quoting me is enough proof you're a dumb idiot.

It seems you are having a bad day, relax and take a breath bro
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by mysteryman2014: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
Acehart:

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Good morning: my greeting is extended to yours as well.

I put up the verses above as my compass so that I may not miss my way while responding to you. I would that I never listened to my forbears first before I studied studied the scriptures for myself, and also understood the power (functions) of the punctuation marks in the English grammar before ever picking up a Bible. The misunderstanding of the English grammar has led to the perversion of the scriptures by many.

Do you remember at Caesarea Philippi, upon the revelation of Father, Jesus made this statement: "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18)? Let's look at the words, MY CHURCH. Can we say that the first time the word, Church, was used in the scriptures, Jesus used the possessive pronoun, MY, to show the whole world that He owns the Church.

In the scriptures, the words, Church of God, appear thirteen times. The words, Church of the firstborn, appears once. Using the rule you applied to Reuben and God, the firstborn is God, and God is Christ Jesus.

Is Christ Jesus, God? I would like you to see the guardrails I used above - the sayings of Thomas and Stephen. None of us would ever have had the firsthand information those two had; but we see clearly that they referred to Christ as God (unless you do not understand the function of iterations or you condemn them as blasphemers). Isaiah prophesying about the coming of Christ saying, "Behold! Your God"; and the words that follow are the exploits Christ performed when He rose from the dead.

Paul extolling him in Colossians says, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." The ramification of this honor is boundless; Paul extols Him as the One that has the Almighty power of the Father in Himself.

Mystery man, If your evidence is true and faultless, it will agree with all scripture; but I doesn't. Why do I say this? You used one of the meaning of 'prototokos' related to the privilege of the firstborn son to imply that Jacob created Reuben. (I am using your rule). Does a man create another man? Colossians describes Christ as the 'firstborn from Hades'. Did Hades create Christ? Not only did your conclusion not make biblical sense, it does not make for proper reasoning. The genealogies of Levi show Samuel, an Ephratite, in its train; Did Eli have Samuel as his firstborn? The Pentateuch always referred to the firstborn as the one who opens the matrix. What then is a matrix? Is God or the Godhead a matrix?

I may just have complicated my writing but it is intentional. Many people do not understand the meaning of the word, "God", "Son", and "Father" and it is led to the perversion of the scriptures. Many of us have drowned in the erroneous teachings of our elders that we have accepted their error as the truth.

Above all, if we do not do the will of the Father - to follow Christ, we will be condemned. If we do not have the same brotherly relationship Jehovah had with Abraham, when we die, we will be damned. If we are not Holy as Christ was, when Christ shall appear, we will be judged with the wicked and Satan. Mystery man, are you saved? Are you Holy? Have you been washed in the blood of Jesus? These are all that matter?

Have a nice day

Nice write up, however premised on faulty foundation of trinity that has no basis in the scriptures.

The classical definition of trinity holds that The father, son and holy spirit are persons that are co-equal, eternal. If that is your belief then it is quite unscriptural.

Read 1Cor.11:3, that describes in layman language without any ambiguity the hierarchy of headship. There it identifies man as the head of the woman, Christ as the head of the man and God as the head of Christ.

Also 1Cor.15:3-24,25, shows that Christ died and was resurrected by God to rule in his kingdom. Thereafter at the end of his rulership when the last enemy death has been brought to nothing, Christ will subject himself to his father.-1cor.15:28.

Without any form of ambiguity the scriptures recognise Jesus as the son of God being the beginning of his creative ways. Only the almighty God has no beginning and no end. Jesus had a beginning, was sent to the earth by His father to die on behalf of mankind.

The father then resurrected him to a heavenly kingly position.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Bifrost: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
clemz85:

It seems you are having a bad day, relax and take a breath bro
Your stupidity is deafening.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by clemz85(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
Bifrost:

Your stupidity is deafening.

Kid You are picking fight with your self
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by Bifrost: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
clemz85:

Kid You are picking fight with your self
Grandpa, you're still stupid sir.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by chrisooblog: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
actually in the Christian faith Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost and God are one and the same. so if you say Jesus Christ is almighty it's the same God us christians are praising

989900:
Jesus Christ is not 'Almighty', only GOD is.
Re: Yul Edochie: Comedians Joking About Jesus Christ's Last Hours Are Wrong by 989900: 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2019
chrisooblog:
actually in the Christian faith Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost and God are one and the same. so if you say Jesus Christ is almighty it's the same God us christians are praising

Read your Bible all over again.

Adesua Etomi's 37th Birthday Message To Banky W, Her Husband / Laura Ikeji And Her Husband, Ogbonna Kanu Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary / Kehinde Bankole Stuns In Feathery Gown

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111