Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music (26327 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / 7 Nigerian Artistes That Have Better Lyrics Than Davido And Wizkid / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by olamy7(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
VulgarLee:
Noisence list

Who is asa ,roof top mc
Where is style plus
Remove wizkid from that Iist
Why disrespect Psquare and dbanj

lol...aswear, u just said what's on my mind

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by mine85(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Tuface
Idris Abdulkarem
Rugged man
P. Square
D banj..

They all raise the bar of Nigerian music and set the tone.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by safarigirl(f): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
Grossly inaccurate list.

How can Tu Face have inspired PSquare? Were they doing the same thing? When did Tu Face start and when did P-Square start? That's as inaccurate as saying Wizkid inspired Davido. They have a similar era.

Don't insult P-Square as a group. They also paved ways....that you even put Rooftop MC there is a joke. What did they do? How many of their songs can you list today? Even Styl Plus deserve a place for inspiring RnB

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by frankmoney(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
nurez305:
How can this stupid bet9ja scammer be ban forever, I'm tremor seeing his post on every thred
man the guy dey very annoying
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Realdeals(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
"The remedies" are one of the game changer, kudos should also go to Raypower FM and AIT they change the dynamics of local music by giving them good airplay.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by MYGRATEskillz(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
"contemporary" music is trash
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by fusionnest: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Rubbish and nonsensitical post
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by ecclize: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Op was making sense not until he added wikid... Wizkid for wetin naw... Replace mode 9 with idris ASAP... EVEN DARIN IS MORE DESEVING THAN WIZKID BCOZ HE MADE INDIGINEOUS RAP WITH LOCAL DIALECT POPULAR

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Branzy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
eldris is the father of rap music in Nigeria. which mode9.
p square not on list for real.
Dagrin should be there too .
Flavor too with infusion of high life into Nija pop
Mr raw for his kind of Hip Hop
not forgetting 9ice
Sunny neji
bros your list is trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by ecclize: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Op whr is Sanko Rashidi on the list

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by MobileGees: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Alot of Nigerians truly underrate Wizkid's influence in the Nigerian music industry. Which is very sad

If we don't appreciate our own who wil?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Branzy(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
MobileGees:
Alot of Nigerians truly underrate Wizkid's influence in the Nigerian music industry. Which is very sad

yeah yeah. or Manya Manya grin
MobileGees:

yeah yeah. or Manya Manya

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by MobileGees: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Branzy:

yeah yeah. or Manya Manya grin

yeah yeah. or Manya Manya

Exactly, the influence can be good/bad

The "yeah yeah" is what is the dominating the Nigerian music industry, every Afrobeat artiste use it

So the guy at least influenced it in one way

Not to talk of the fact that he did a very fantastic job in making Afrobeat known globally

Either we like it or not the guy is a legend

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Yksoul(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
I said it.. no Afonja on the list.. celebration time
why Did You Sell Your Soul To Hate Speech? You Even Call Yourself Dead Buhari?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
Well choices varies smiley
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:

So Wizzy na Igbo right?

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
And what is Wizkid doing there??

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by olagamalin(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:

I will make an expection and comment on this deplorable tribalism.

Asa, Modenine, Wizkid, soul snatcha of rooftop (not sure about the other) are all yorubas.

Give it a rest.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by bewla(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
VulgarLee:
Noisence list

Who is asa ,roof top mc
Where is style plus
Remove wizkid from that Iist
Why disrespect Psquare and dbanj

where is Lord of ajasa
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by TheGiftedOne(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
brainhgeek:

Asa is the only brand that can stand alone internationally. Her songs are evergreen and have made top tens around the globe on several occasions. Imagine white people requesting Asa's songs on radio (even when they don't understand some of the Yoruba love).
2face is another legend but I give it to Asa over any Nigerian artist.
Whizzkid is an insult to this list. The people on the list are lyrically sound save for whizzkid.

One crate of Orijin for this dude for justifying his Monika with this post. Your head correct wella. I couldn't have said more.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by lx3as(m): 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fela Anikulapo Kuti's Afrobeat was the genuine foundation of the current Beat.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by bewla(m): 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Branzy:
eldris is the father of rap music in Nigeria. which mode9.
p square not on list for real.
Dagrin should be there too .
Flavor too with infusion of high life into Nija pop
Mr raw for his kind of Hip Hop
not forgetting 9ice
Sunny neji
bros your list is trash
y 9ice and Mr raw u only make sense with sunny neji just add alariwo and father u turn

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by logan2(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
with all due respect wizkid is my main man,but should not be on that list,else you will have to include burna boy on the list,where fxck is fela , op you sure say you never smoke so

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by bewla(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
itzzhoneybee:
Well choices varies smiley
what sense did that add to the list
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mode 9 ,my real G! Nigerians do not appreciate your music unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Astonpapa(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
grin
Iamgrey5:
Slightly accurate

I guess Tubaba represents the Dbanj, Timaya and PSquare era and genre of music beause they all use a little bit of lyrics and beats in their songs

While WizKid represents the later generation which is all beats and gibberish.

Still, I believe the likes of Flavour or 9ice should represent the native more grounded or alternative set of musicians like Simi, Brymo and co.

And perhaps the likes of Dagrin, Edris or Rugged man should represent indigenous rappers.

Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by safarigirl(f): 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
brainhgeek:

Asa is the only brand that can stand alone internationally. Her songs are evergreen and have made top tens around the globe on several occasions. Imagine white people requesting Asa's songs on radio (even when they don't understand some of the Yoruba love).
2face is another legend but I give it to Asa over any Nigerian artist.
Whizzkid is an insult to this list. The people on the list are lyrically sound save for whizzkid.
white people have requested Wizkid's songs, Davido's songs, Niniola's songs, D'banj, Turn Face and P-Square's too.

Why should white people be the standard Africans hold their artistes to? Do they understand our music? If I play country music for an Esan man, or Blues for a Tiv man, will he apprrciate it the way he appreciates his own traditional song? Is it not white people that sing that incoherent rubbish called Metal music?

Stop worshipping white people and their opinions. Have some self worth

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Mobi47(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
anambraamaka:
Fela Remedies Psquare Mohits Dagrin Paul play
East Mr Raw Phyno Bosalin Zoro Desperate Chicks
lols u add ur name Bosalin.....u are really good

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by Ayomideen(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
femi4:
Asa nko
You dey mind that one?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music by lomprico(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Rugged man is #1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Ijebu Ft. Qdot – Jugunu / Angela Okorie - "E Pain Dem" (Video) / Winners Of Nigerian Music Video Awards 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.