Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses (37445 Views)

Police Arrest Suspected Ritualist, Exhume Body Of OAU Student In Ogun / OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
opparadise:

You may begin to feel you have posted sth worthwhile. Sorry to hurt your feelings, you don't. You are unreasonably beyond this century. Argue with yourself.

Ignored.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
Opistorincos:

U suppose dey happy say you no go for nysc, that scheme na scam. I'm still serving and it ain't fun a bit. How's life with you though, hope you're at least comfortable.
at least a small business and a small car, i know more is coming my way in Jesus name.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by nora2018(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
fellowbeing:
I will soon release a story on how I coped and overcame depression because of same issue.
please do I can't wait to hear your story
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
opparadise:

You talk/type as though your friends cleared his grades and was asked to repeat. Learn to tell it off to an unqualified-to-pass sb who isn't meeting the standards to put more efforts than blaming an innocent school.
fool, shut up, which standard?

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by PeacenLove2: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Tmonex:
I think schools should have a way of supporting extra year students rather than neglecting them. I stayed 3years extra after school,ASUU strike almost made it 4, we had to form a group where we supported each other until all our courses were sorted out.

Smart move, very commendable.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Flakky26:
So sad. The school counsellor need to up their game by organising a therapy session for students with carry overs. With the aim of ruling out depression.
school what ? those ones are more usless than Buhari. Talking from experience
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
Budex40:

And u blame his inability to pass a course on Buhari

In Nigeria. If you aren't educated, your future is already in jeopardy. Vibrant economy is abundant of options for different categories of people, educated or not. If you are certain you'd fit in a sector and live comfortably even without education no need killing oneself over grade
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Peezzy(f): 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
candlewax:

Rome wasn't built in a day? Are we progressing or not? Is there even any hope for the Nigerian "rome" in next two millennium
There's a glimmer. We can't deny what we are seeing, people's mindset are changing bit by bit. We have more politicians in offices today fighting for the good of the common man unlike the 'chop make I chop' syndrome we had when democracy started
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
Peezzy:
There's a glimmer. We can't deny what we are seeing, people's mindset are changing bit by bit. We have more politicians in offices today fighting for the good of the common man unlike the 'chop make I chop' syndrome we had when democracy started

Yeah. They are doing so well that hundreds of people kill themselves daily in amazement
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Daminovic: 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
Handsomecole:
Speaking from experience, I also had two extra years in that same OAU before I graduated. Trust me the psychological burden is enormous so I understand how he felt . But suicide was never and should never be an option.
Unfortunately, a school like OAU don't have dedicated counsellors who ought to deal with students with extras to put them in the right shape of mind. In fact I know a lecturer who told a student to leave school and hawk because he had an extra.

For me with God and personal conviction I fought it and finally graduated and to God be the glory I got a job even before service with out even writing a CV I also served in a Governors office and was even offered a Government appointment after service together with the one I always had. Today I even recommend my mates who graduated 3 years before me.

So suicide is never the option no matter what.

☺ bravo bro!! Delay is not denial
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by koyeni(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
Knew this guy when he was in part 1..Just so sad
Many depressed students in dt school..
U want peace of mind? Avoid oau
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Abcruz(m): 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God.--Isaiah 50:10

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!--2 Corinthians 4:17

Nevertheless,
Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproofs of life abides among the wise!!!
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
opparadise:

You talk/type as though your friends cleared his grades and was asked to repeat. Learn to tell it off to an unqualified-to-pass sb who isn't meeting the standards to put more efforts than blaming an innocent school.
No attention for you today. Dude .
Come back tomorrow!
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Anagha123: 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
Elliot2:
I have been having depressions for the past 10years. I could have committed suicide,but knowing that my name will forever be damaged, and also the very people around me who could have helped me in my difficult moments making jests or showing hypocritical sympathy on my dead body scares me. My body may not feel any pains,but I imagine my spirit feeling real pains. #suicideisano. I die living.

Suicide is a form of murder - premeditated murder. It isn't something you do the first time you think of doing it.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Chubhie: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lecturers there be like " You can't come and take our degree for free" most students there be looking like inmates as a result of stress. And some think it's fun

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Frankicent(m): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
fellowbeing:
I will soon release a story on how I coped and overcame depression because of same issue.

tell me oooo
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by madgoat(m): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
abluck:
F

T

C
五你跟愉快一個詞 sad

So pathetic that you think FTC is an achievement. Its so sad you have a wasted wretched life.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Peezzy(f): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
candlewax:

Yeah. They are doing so well that hundreds of people kill themselves daily in amazement
Lol.. Sarcasm and hyperbole in one sentence. Well, everything starts with we, the common men. Everyone of us is a fvcking hypocrite. The office holders are just a meager percentage of the whole population but they have powerful tools with which they use to divide the rest of us against ourselves hence leaving them in power.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Frankicent(m): 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Opistorincos:
People no just get mind these days, i be spill over student too, 2 years but here I am. Now look at the pain he's caused his loved ones.

2 yrs spill?
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
see life... As if u get hole now, those that lecturer for don pass u teytey but since u no get hole nko, wetin man go do.
that's y depression is a disease worst then cancer but all all, it doesn't mean u should end ur life... there is always hope.
if a sick man on a sick bed can have hope of becoming healthy again then why can't he av the same hope of making it in life rather than ending his life for one stupid school.

.the thin wey pain me pass be say all the idiot wey dey do the wahala for school call them self lecturer nd proff. walia some of them no sabi anything at all.

back then in school, one crazy lecturer said USA practise parliamentary system of govt nd i said sir, but USA is a democratic country nd there is no prime minister. na so the baba start war with me o

Chia, and the boy na afonja people them them o. sorry bro, God judge this university we get now adays
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by mimicue(f): 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
So sad the young man chose this path for himself
Suicide is never an option
To any other person out there thinking of making this decision . Just forget about it
This certificate isn’t even worth it at the end . School is over rated in Nigeria . If you have any issues regarding results in school begin to learn trade and other vocational trade , truth is it might be what you will end up with
A lot of us wished we learnt handwork while in school because this education thing barely put good food on the table for so many people .
So ask yourself is it worth dying for ?
The world is too sweet to kill yourslelf because you don’t excel in school or have carryover .
There are so many illiterates and school drop out that live better lifes than graduates.
Don’t cause pain for your loved ones , find what u like and do it and God will definitely bless you .

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Chubhie: 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
buckbuz:

There's something about the last line of this comment. Are you saying you're the founder of nairaland
OAU can make someone go crazy!
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by olusovic10: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
RIP to the dead. It's a pity that he had to take his own life, many of these guys believe that life does not exist outside the ivory tower and this is so because the system is programmed as such. My opinion is that something should be done about our higher education system. That you fail in some courses does not mean the end of life. People have dropped out and still made it. Some did not even attend!

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Peezzy(f): 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Meenh if u never suffer depression, you won't understand.Sniper will look like viju milk to you.
Years back when a trusted friend duped me of my hard earned cash,I felt so bad and depressed that I almost ran into a moving vehicle to end it all,fortunately my ex then understood and came to my rescue. I still respect her till today.
it is well. More reason it's good to encourage depressed people to speak out. Even if it's to a total stranger, who knows
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Opistorincos(m): 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Frankicent:

2 yrs spill?

Yeah bro, i was that unserious with my studies
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Chubhie: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
TBIZZY:
To be sincere the depression is real. This is exactly what I'm facing, though have been trying not to think of it and get over it through prayers. My guys are at home balling but am in school tryna to figure it out not to re-register the course.
May God help me!
Stay strong bro.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
madgoat:

So pathetic that you think FTC is an achievement. Its so sad you have a wasted wretched life.

Mad goat indeed shocked
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Chubhie: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
koyeni:
Knew this guy when he was in part 1..Just so sad
Many depressed students in dt school..
U want peace of mind? Avoid oau
Sadistic lecturers too many there.
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Peezzy:
Lol.. Sarcasm and hyperbole in one sentence. Well, everything starts with we, the common men. Everyone of us is a fvcking hypocrite. The office holders are just a meager percentage of the whole population but they have powerful tools with which they use to divide the rest of us against ourselves hence leaving them in power.

There is no amplification in my statement. We are saying same thing, different wordings. They are able to divide the masses by deliberately impoverishing us
Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by QuietHammer(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
4601CE:
This useless school just asked one of my friends in Medical rehabilitation to withdraw.
Very useless school!

Look at this jobless corper jumping on my mention to say trash!
I'm very sure that dude commited suicide because of people like you.
He no even see any other person do example , na Founder of nairaland that dropped out of OAU for reasons best known to him he dy take do example.
You cant even differenciate between I'm and am.
You finished with third class in OAU and we won't rest again on nairaland grin
The moment I saw prof in front of your moniker, I immediately deducted the kind of person you are.
All these oversabi people that's always proving shit. We know people like you.
I met countless people like you for OAU that year na. No be new thing .
Intelligent people reading this comment know better
You are right bro. I'm also an alumnus of Ife. Self acclaimed 'profs' spending valuable time arguing over trivia with big-big vocabulary in Awo and Fajuyi hall is not an unusual sight.

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses by TIDDOLL(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hmmmm...
I have been there, infact, i am still there.
Ought to have graduated since 2015, after i got addmited into Uniosun in 2011, to read physics/elect, a 4years course..

How well did i struggle with mathematics, took me 3 years before i decided to go for a profession i like, crossed to Wildlife Management(back to 200L) and started another journey of 5years.

Oh well i wasnt a dullard after all, now doing so well in my new department...always looking forward to spend some nights in the Wild, and explore.

2016/2017 Final year came galloping, the wait was over i thought, name was on the graduating list, registered for NYSC, got my call up letter, few days to camp and then i had a rude sad awakening.
I was told i didnt register for a course in 300L(2unit course), one that never showed up on my portal.
I wailed and wailed, cried my eyes out!
Came back for the course, read and passed with a good grade.

2017/2018, how about i just go for service now?
Went to school to process my clearance, then came another fatal shock.
A 100L course showed up one i passed with a V good grade, but cant be recorded afterwards, due to the lax attitude of my Dept.

Now, i gotta retake a 1Unit practical course in rain semester of 2018/2019, and hope to go for service by November.
All in all, i spent 8years just for a BSc.[/b]"Not because i am a failure, but because fate gave me a longer story to success"[b]

How low has my spirit deepened,
How lonely has my thoughts wept in a sad corner,
But, Suicide was and is never an option.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Murdered & Butchered At Igarra Market In Edo (Graphic Photos) / Uncle Flogs His Niece With A Knife In Ikom, Cross River State (Disturbing Photo) / NDLEA Arrests Saudi-bound Widow, Intercepts Cocaine In Footwears At Lagos Airpor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.