Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

My First Time Onboard An Airplane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Time Onboard An Airplane (43213 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by dannypaul(m): 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Op before i narrate mine. lemme say this.

in ur essay u mentioned that the man that sat beside you slept off as soon as u guys took off and that this scenerio tells actually who is "Calm". I know of someone who has flown over 100 times and still counting who is still scared of flying hence, ensures he sleeps off immediately after take off.

Now my experience. my first time was a trip to JOS from lagos on the 18th of April 2018 for my National service. A day before camp opened. something stranged happened onboard. immediately the flight took off, the chair i sat on drifted back. i was kinda shy to call for assistance in adjusting it (u wont blame me, if u had seen my carriage right from checking in to boarding, u would have bet i was a frequent traveller, beside sweet, young, camp laden ladies were my partners so i couldnt fall hand). A lady flight attendant came to inform me to adjust my seat but i feigned to be sleeping. I dont know if she studied psychology but when she returned again, she just told be to press a botton on the Seat handle to adjust it. (embarrasing right?).

When we finally alighted, i discovered i misplaced my boarding pass, this they demanded from us as an identity before we were cleared to get our bags. i was delayed till d last person was cleared. Alas!! i wasnt the only one, this fair young lady was also facing my delima. Finally we were asked to show our IDcard which they used to confirm with the tags on our bag (i was like u mean u kept me till this very moment when u could easily have asked me to identify myself? was damn pissed).

After my one year service which ended 14th of march 2019, my return flight to lagos was slated for 8th of April 2019. it was a connecting flight, the flight had just dropped those coming to jos and was also bound for kaduna to drop kaduna passengers and also to pick passengers bound for lagos.
I boarded d craft then began searching for my seat no "12E". i observed someone was on my seat but then i was told it was a free sitting. i had to locate an empty sit in my favorite position (Window). About taking off, the flight attendants were giving out instructions and the one that got my attention was the "Emergency landing on water". They were showing us how to use the life jacket. i was keenly paying attention cos i know i dont know how to swim . i checked under my sit to ensure my life jacket was there were they said it is but i didnt see any. i almost drew the attention of the flight attendant but i had to call myself to order like "why the pessimism?", i locked up.
Trust me this time around, my boarding pass was in my pocket which i checked regularly to ensure i dont misplace again. Time for refreshment, i forgot to lick the tomtom we were served along side d snack and drink before handling it back to the attendant to trash them. The thing pain me sha.....It was now time for landing at the local airport, i fastened my sit belt. Our plane landing at the park(hanger i guess) and they had to use coaster bus to drive us to the Main session. i brought my boardng pass getting set to clear my bag and alas!!! it wasnt necessary because they rolled our bags out. i positioned myself where i could locate my bag and as well watch out for those with intentions to carry my bad too lol. Yesss!! i saw my bag and as it rolled towards me, i steadied my hand to grab it so as not to slip through my grasp. i walked out victorious.

The End.

Note: I didnt book my flight to and fro with my money, a philantrophist did for me. May this kind of favour Hit you Likewise.

Pls I'm a graduate of Business Education with a 2:1. i am looking at building a career in Human Resource Management. i wouldnt mind a job as an Intern.. i reside in Ikeja Lagos.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Soskid(m): 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
Congrats
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Mkmoney(m): 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
So you flew from Jos to Lagos and couldn't even stop at ore to buy banana see dis wan you're truely a first timer

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Nice, the problem I have with flying is claustrophobia, I do not like confined space, I like to breath in fresh air, I always get nervous when all windows are closed with just a.c on........
was once like this though. Buh the adventurous me got over it. ABC to and fro and all.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mkmoney:
So you flew from Jos to Lagos and couldn't even stop at ore to buy banana see dis wan you're truely a first timer
were re o oluwa.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by phorget(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Still waiting for my own experience o.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by karnap(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
where dem regular flier's, how much from Lagos to Abuja, I might just try it one day,I might feel like this is the road to heaven oooo
until then ,if they can update us the price .

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Free4tope(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nice experience. Thank you for sharing your flight story with us.

My first flight experience was an international flight actually. LOS to AMS.

It was when I returned I started flying local upandan, because I could no longer cope with long distance traveling by road.

Most of my flights were mainly from LOS to Benin, Warri, Portharcourt and Bonny Island and various Oil Rigs (offshore), until I finally left Nigeria.

They were all adventurous.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by bedfordng(m): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
hmmm

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Yaks02(m): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
I wanted traveling to Lagos around July last year from the same jos, I entered taxi to the airport but on my way to the airport I decided to book the ticket online, on entering the site I saw the price was 34k I immediately told the driver to take me to the bus terminal at plateau riders � �

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Favourobyno27(m): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
mine was... I went to the airport in asaba when i took alot of pictures in and out off the plane, never seen an experience so sensational like this grin

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by InvertedHammer: 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Kalapizim:
economy tickets vary from 20k to 28k now.

How much for attachment seat?

/

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by oduademon: 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Flying in Nigeria na wahala.

The whole place looks dirty.

Good bless obodo oyinbo
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
Next time, upload a pics with caption.... on board Emirate airline.

no be this Arik airline wey worst pass all this danfo for lagos.... make airplane door dey comot for mid air or so...

No wonder UAE once ban the airline from coming into thier country bcus it isn't safe..... fit go land ontop building like that just like dana airline.

wen nigeria go dey manage things..... still dey manage money to service plane putting people life for fry pan

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Coolgent(m): 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
missyojo:
I wish to have an experience as this someday too as have never been on boarded a air plane before. Op, you forgot to tell us how much you got the ticket.
Will send u ticket to Borno tomorrow grin

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Nice, the problem I have with flying is claustrophobia, I do not like confined space, I like to breath in fresh air, I always get nervous when all windows are closed with just a.c on........
You can take something to help with that. It calms you down.
You would struggle with long distance . I have a sibling who lives on the other side of the world a direct flight is 17 hours....if I did not love my sibling I would stick to Skype .

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mosesotu123:
Next time, upload a pics with caption.... on board Emirate airline.

no be this Arik airline wey worst pass all this danfo for lagos.... make airplane door dey comot for mid air or so...

No wonder UAE once ban the airline from coming into thier country bcus it isn't safe..... fit go land ontop building like that just like dana airline.

wen nigeria go dey manage things..... still dey manage money to service plane putting people life for fry pan
Why do you have to rain on his parade?

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.
Stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking. cheesy

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
MissRaine69:
Why do you have to rain on his parade?
ok na, soon i will flood on his march pass

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
Okkk
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kams19(m): 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
karnap:
where dem regular flier's, how much from Lagos to Abuja, I might just try it one day,I might feel like this is the road to heaven oooo

you will get for as low as 23k if you book a day ahead. I always do 23 or 27k, can't pay higher. I no be rich guy

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Dessy96: 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
First time i flew i was scared as Bleep.... longest 45mins of my life

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by doctorgold(m): 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Did the op just conclude that old time fliers are usually calm?. I beg to differ.
Lots of people who fly do so because it's about the best option they can harness considering safety and speed of arriving your destination.
There are just few fliers, oldies and new comers inclusive who don't fidget especially during take off.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
karnap:
Prices vary based on
time of day
Weekday or weekend flight
Class
₦19600-₦60000

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mosesotu123:
ok na, soon i will flood on his march pass
Let him be
Just this once.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kessdivine4all: 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
For me its been ok, started early cos my dad worked with an airline back in the days. But i had a near death experience in SA, was travelling from Durban to Johanesburg, with a local airline called MANGO air, i came back and started praising our local airlines.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Dessy96:
First time i flew i was scared as Bleep.... longest 45mins of my life
23 hour flight and you will be a corpse grin

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by lordwyze(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
My first experience was last month from Lagos to Kaduna. It was really fun and exciting.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Goalnaldo(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nice sharing your experience but I hope they will also move my own to front page when I write about how sweet my mother's okra soup is.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Shania2015(f): 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
Quote me if am wrong, you ask what is special in flying,I guess you have never flyed by air before and as such you've got no experience, please read other people comments and enjoy the feels of air travel if you can't afford it, instead of making reference to Edo people who are frequent flyers with lots of experience and exposure.[color=#550000][/color]
Joybringer:
So watin special? Flight that my village people use every night... Edo people, tell us about your experience on air....

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
MissRaine69:

Let him be
Just this once.
MissRaine, this table u are shaking will break o..... tor
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by umarshehu58(m): 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.

U no go mind yourself abi

Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) / The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia