Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

My First Time Onboard An Airplane - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Time Onboard An Airplane (43231 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mosesotu123:
MissRaine, this table u are shaking will break o..... tor
Jesus resurrected yesterday let’s not shake the the today. Let’s do it tomorrow
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.
grin grin grin
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Evtspez: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2019
My first experience was international, that was 2017, from Abuja to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. When ever I wanna try something new I read and make necessary inquiries so I won't disgrace my self.
Sat like a boss in that Boeing seat number 12 can't vividly recall the Alphabet but that was the window seat. Picked up a magazine and started reading then an elderly man came and had his seat in the same row leaving the middle seat vacant, that seat was vacant through out the journey. The elderly man was like young man how are you? and that's how we started talking until we took off. It was so cool... We landed at Addis Ababa around 7: 40pm local time.
After that, flying became a normal thing.
Next experience is gonna be a private jet. I believe God go do am for me.

17 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2019
Mine was the day I stepped into MMIA for the first time and flew to New York JFK in 2005. That was incidentally my first flight experience. I flew Lufthansa airline. We stopped over in Frankfurt and connected another flight to JFK in New York a few hours later. Then, you must obtain a transit Visa to lay over in any of the European countries. So,I was having 2 visas in my passport, lol. The American Visa and a German transit Visa. We got to JFK after flying for like 16 hours from Frankfurt, Germany none stop. When we got to yankee, i saw everybody walking as if they were doing exercise, lol. I didn't know that was the way they walked.

Everywhere was calm, no noise. By the time I got to sutfin boulevard I began to realise why people were walking so fast...the biting cold entered my bone marrow lol , despite the thick cardigan I was putting on. By the time I got to Jamaica, I had to rush into a coffee bar to drink a coffee. The lady who saw me asked ... are you a Nigerian ? I was wondering how she got to know. I simply replied, yes! She was so polite. It's a memorable experience for me.

20 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kams19(m): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2019
MissRaine69:

23 hour flight and you will be a corpse grin

��
My second flight experience, I did 10hrs straight. the phobia no get option but to go by force
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2019
kams19:

��
My second flight experience, I did 10hrs straight. the phobia no get option but to go by force
That’s the spirit! I don’t mind flying it’s the toilets in planes I abhor.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2019
missyojo:
I wish to have an experience as this someday too as have never been on boarded a air plane before. Op, you forgot to tell us how much you got the ticket.

Come to TBS lagos in December pastor Paul adefarasin will be waiting for you

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Fredumoren(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
My first experience was in my dream. I didn't need to get a ticket cos I had wings.. In subsequent ones I flew without wings which reminds me of this backstreet boys. So entering the plane itself won't look new if I eventually take the trip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
Mine was the day I stepped into MMIA for the first time and flew to New York JFK in 2005, also for the first tine. That was incidentally my first flight experience from lagos to New York JFK in 2005 on Lufthansa airline. We stopped over in Frankfurt and connected another flight to JFK in New York a few hours later. Then, you must obtain a transit Visa to lay over in any European country. So,I was having 2 visas in my passport, lol. The American Visa and German transit Visa. We got to JFK after flying for like 16 hours from Frankfurt, Germany none stop. When we got to yankee, i saw everybody walking as if they were doing exercise, lol. I didn't know that was the way they walked.

Everywhere was calm, no noise. By the time I got to sutfin boulevard I began to realise why people were walking so fast...the biting cold entered my bone marrow lol , despite the thick cardigan I was putting on. By the time I got to Jamaica, I had to rush into a coffee bar to drink a coffee. The lady who saw me asked ... are you a Nigerian ? I was wondering how she got to know. I simply replied, yes! She was so polite. It's a memorable experience for me.
How did she know? Everyone knows and it’s good she was polite as based on many accounts I hear it’s not very positive.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 23, 2019
Dessy96:
First time i flew i was scared as Bleep.... longest 45mins of my life
I hope you try Emirates someday , from Lagos to Dubai, almost 6 hours and another flight from Dubai to Los Angeles which is over 19 hours none stop grin
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by delishpot: 12:12am On Apr 23, 2019
sureheaven:
Mine was on the 9th of April this year, it was the best experience so far.

Travel through Turkish Airline. From Lagos to instabul, to new York, to Columbus.

I ate like mad from instabul to new York. Ordered for beer and whisky twice. shocked

God bless Nigeria
God bless America

Turks have one of the best meals on board. They are waaay better than Germans. Not stingy with drinks at all.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by amaniro: 12:12am On Apr 23, 2019
I'm just here to read lies.

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by delishpot: 12:15am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
I hope you try Emirates someday , from Lagos to Dubai, almost 6 hours and another flight from Dubai to Los Angeles which is over 19 hours none stop grin

Hian! What does one do on such flights abeg? 19 straight hrs? Oboy una go dey que for toilet for long be that o.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by amaniro: 12:15am On Apr 23, 2019
Some people are claiming flying to Moscow. When they can't even afford Ifesinachi or young shall grow ticket cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 23, 2019
missyojo:
I wish to have an experience as this someday too as have never been on boarded a air plane before. Op, you forgot to tell us how much you got the ticket.
You could actually plan it. If you book say, 2 weeks ahead, a ticket could cost as low as 19k. Just save and give yourself a treat. Travel from Lagos or wherever your location is, to Abuja book a nice hotel, lodge there and spend 2 to 3 days of your annual leave. Look for a fun place and a good eatery in town like jevinik restaurant in wuse 2 or the one at garki ,by rita lori on ladoke akintola boulevard. Eat the best of naija dishes, then fly back home. Simple. You don't have to know anyone there

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by SarkinYarki: 12:24am On Apr 23, 2019
dudes planes have been flying for over a 100 years so please stop this nonsense...when are you going to open a thread about the first time you entered a car
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 23, 2019
delishpot:

Hian! What does one do on such flights abeg? 19 straight hrs? Oboy una go dey que for toilet for long be that o.
Yea, I've got no choice. Na everytime I dey go yankee. Na there my business partners dem dey. Moreover, i always fly Emirates A380 plane which can conveniently take up to 700 passengers at a time. It's a double-deck aircraft with enough toilets lavatories on it. You dont have to queue, lol

5 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by ibietela2(m): 12:28am On Apr 23, 2019
OrdercityWeb:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-qtY7-Il38Uo/XDp2QF7wZHI/AAAAAAAAArk/gyaytO7t3HQDk64uro-rLJaTCKlaF2lWgCLcBGAs/s1600/2019-01-12%2B23.50.33-1.jpg[/img]
I vividly remember my first trip on an airplane, well that's because it was June, 2018. I flew from Jos to Lagos on an Arik flight. To be honest, when I slept the last night I had no intention of travelling the next day but then it's me so........expect the unexpected...lol

I woke up the next day and was quite determined to be in Lagos that same day. With no previous flight experience because really I've not been so far away from home before.

All my life had been in the west till this point where I had to answer the clarion call to serve the fatherland.

Yeah! so I needed to be in Lagos that day. Why? you'd ask, an emergency? Nothing really....lmao. I was just tired of staying in Jos for over 5 months without being home.

Well, so finally I booked online, I think my flight was slated for 2/3pm, well I read all the instructions on the e-ticket because really I had no idea what I was getting into. So yeah, they said checking in starts 2hrs to the flight time and you could miss your flight once checking is over. Me! miss my flight??!!!! lai lai.

Checking in for my flight

[img]https://4.bp..com/-f5n-jwM4gVE/XDp0FwmuavI/AAAAAAAAAqw/6aTuzHXR_fAkOF93B2WWxYeYvf3oeZn0ACLcBGAs/s1600/2019-01-12%2B23.51.12.jpg[/img]

I was there by 12 noon. Did the whole security check thing with FAAN personnel-metal detector. I was suprised tho when I asked to pull of my shoes. In my mind i was like seriously! you guys, is this that serious??!! hahahahaha

Still reading? Don't give up on me yet grin

Well, I checked in, no problems, all smooth. Sat down at the waiting area of the Yakubu Gowon Airport Jos, Plateau State. Finally our plane arrived and I could feel that adrenalin rush.

Source: https://babstours..com/2019/01/my-first-flight-experience-onboard.html?m=1

Same thing o, that's how i was asking which company to use until i settled with AirPeace then i started looking for ID

Mine was PH to Lagos
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 23, 2019
MissRaine69:

How did she know? Everyone knows and it’s good she was polite as based on many accounts I hear it’s not very positive.
That's the question I still ask myself till date. She looks like a naija babe though, but from her accent, she's probably born there. I guess she's the only one on duty that day cos she was the only one I saw around, who also sold the coffee .
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by delishpot: 12:31am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
Yea, I've got bo choice. Na everytime I dey go yankee. Na there my business partners dem dey. Moreover, i always fly Emirates A380 plane which can conveniently take up to 700 passengers at a time. It's a double-deck aircraft with enough toilets lavatories on it. You dont have to queue, lol

Great! All the best.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 23, 2019
delishpot:

Great! All the best.
tnx bro. Same

1 Like

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by olisaEze(m): 12:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.

Why drink n drive when u can weed n fly! Me feel u ma niggur! grin

5 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Mydazz(m): 12:40am On Apr 23, 2019
Honor10:
I am flying soon. Ibadan to Lagos
That one go be 10 mins flight be dat oh

4 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 12:41am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
That's the question I still ask myself till date. She looks like a naija babe though, but from her accent, she's probably born there. I guess she's the only one on duty that day cos she was the only one I saw around, who also sold the coffee .
You probably looked like you bitterly missed the sunshine and looked a bit overwhelmed. A Nigerian can spot another Nigerian usually.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by nurez305(m): 12:44am On Apr 23, 2019
So what is the name of website to book a flight

1 Like

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by shagaman: 12:44am On Apr 23, 2019
Memories, my first flight was to Kaduna for my NYSC , I could remember my mum begged me to take flight but because I wanted her to give me the cash so I could board a bus and keep the change, by force by fire we got to the airport, she gave me the exact flight fee as pocket money and bought a ticket, remember was on a flight with Daniel the bull that year, on the flight proper chanchangi airlines ,sat down with a babe going to camp with me but we had turbulence serious one I remembered the girl held on to me but I knew I gave her elbow out of fear..that marked the beginning and end of our friendship.

17 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Mydazz(m): 12:45am On Apr 23, 2019
emeijeh:
Abeg try get a higher megapixel phone before boarding another flight...

Na Nokia 3230 u dey use? grin

Abi nah,...... make e use the next flight money buy phone and enter night bus with foldable chairs
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by zubino(m): 12:52am On Apr 23, 2019
Flying get levels oo.

Until u fly an international aircraft, u will begin over appreciate flying. An experience everyone should hv!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kams19(m): 1:08am On Apr 23, 2019
MissRaine69:

That’s the spirit! I don’t mind flying it’s the toilets in planes I abhor.

what about the toilets..lol
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by greggng: 1:12am On Apr 23, 2019
I am always afraid of plane crash that's why I avoid plane. I wanna go to heaven with my whole body

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Mescana22(m): 1:48am On Apr 23, 2019
I keep entering plane only in my dreams, God hear my prayers. Bless my hustle. I still dey enter young shall grow to Accra every year. This year I'm going back to Nigeria with Flight Amen

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / N.d.l.e.a Drug Clearance / 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.