Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

My First Time Onboard An Airplane - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Time Onboard An Airplane (43208 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by DaddyBen009: 1:51am On Apr 23, 2019
Acedave1:
sad baba God abeg pick my cal nw, al my yahoo yahoo fwend done make am

Find sth legit to do and stop contemplating going into internet fraud

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Sholaystar4me(m): 2:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Mine was a freaking 21 hours flight on Ethiopia Airlines, from MMIA to YYZ (Pearson Airport Toronto). Awesome experience I must say, you wouldn't even be able to tell if I was a first time flier or not. I was calm, slept and woke numerous time, it was a long flight. Oh boy!!! Other than the food served in the plane which was trash to me lol, at that point in the plane, reality hit me, I knew that I was gonna miss Naija food a big deal. The first stop was in Ethiopia, where we were transferred to another Ethiopia flight, and the second was in Dublin, but I did't step out of the plane, we just rested for an hour and some passengers got off. I am feeling too lazy to type lol.... but all in all it was a pleasant experience.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Jaqenhghar: 2:42am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
Mine was the day I stepped into MMIA for the first time and flew to New York JFK in 2005, also for the first time. That was incidentally my first flight experience on Lufthansa airline. We stopped over in Frankfurt and connected another flight to JFK in New York a few hours later. Then, you must obtain a transit Visa to lay over in any of the European countries. So,I was having 2 visas in my passport, lol. The American Visa and a German transit Visa. We got to JFK after flying for like 16 hours from Frankfurt, Germany none stop. When we got to yankee, i saw everybody walking as if they were doing exercise, lol. I didn't know that was the way they walked.

Everywhere was calm, no noise. By the time I got to sutfin boulevard I began to realise why people were walking so fast...the biting cold entered my bone marrow lol , despite the thick cardigan I was putting on. By the time I got to Jamaica, I had to rush into a coffee bar to drink a coffee. The lady who saw me asked ... are you a Nigerian ? I was wondering how she got to know. I simply replied, yes! She was so polite. It's a memorable experience for me.
Hmmm Cold in Jamaica.... Did you happen to see snow there too?
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Jaqenhghar: 2:43am On Apr 23, 2019
amaniro:
I'm just here to read lies.
As in..... my brother I do dey read some. One is talking of plane doors flying open in mid air
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by samtiyelov1(m): 3:25am On Apr 23, 2019
myners007:
i cant remeber cos i was still a kid then when i flew to the Us
wink angry angry wink sad cool cool kiss undecided lipsrsealed kiss kiss
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by vioment: 3:26am On Apr 23, 2019
You get mouth baba. I enjoy your parole.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by flourishing247: 3:48am On Apr 23, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Hmmm Cold in Jamaica.... Did you happen to see snow there too?
Read the story well. Not Jamaica as in Jamaica island. It's an area in new York. New York is actually a very very cold place in winter

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Kalapizim(m): 3:51am On Apr 23, 2019
InvertedHammer:
How much for attachment seat?
/
haha ask ezenwata airline grin
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kaze4blues(m): 4:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Honor10:
I am flying soon. Ibadan to Lagos

Is Ibadan airport operational
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by bjjose: 4:24am On Apr 23, 2019
My first flight was from Nigeria to Egypt I have to transit to Canada that night.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Juliearth(f): 5:22am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds.[color=#990000][/color] I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.

Huh @seeing a man on the clouds.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Mac2016(m): 5:26am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.
Man in the cloud? Are you serious?
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by 7Alexandre: 5:28am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
Mine was the day I stepped into MMIA for the first time and flew to New York JFK in 2005, also for the first time. That was incidentally my first flight experience on Lufthansa airline. We stopped over in Frankfurt and connected another flight to JFK in New York a few hours later. Then, you must obtain a transit Visa to lay over in any of the European countries. So,I was having 2 visas in my passport, lol. The American Visa and a German transit Visa. We got to JFK after flying for like 16 hours from Frankfurt, Germany none stop. When we got to yankee, i saw everybody walking as if they were doing exercise, lol. I didn't know that was the way they walked.

Everywhere was calm, no noise. By the time I got to sutfin boulevard I began to realise why people were walking so fast...the biting cold entered my bone marrow lol , despite the thick cardigan I was putting on. By the time I got to Jamaica, I had to rush into a coffee bar to drink a coffee. The lady who saw me asked ... are you a Nigerian ? I was wondering how she got to know. I simply replied, yes! She was so polite. It's a memorable experience for me.

I usually take the Air train as well whenever I’m flying from JFK...

You have to transfer at Jamaica to use the New York Subway “E” Line to 34th-Penn Station...

I love New York City...

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by mezcri(m): 5:44am On Apr 23, 2019
Exactly same for me. Same Jos to Lagos.. 2013

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Un4om(m): 6:09am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.

And the passengers requested the pilot to lower the speed and as well check his tires but he refused.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by joyousever(f): 6:18am On Apr 23, 2019
Hmmm! This Op, you mean you really had time to create a thread on your first experience on board an aircraft? What wouldn't one read about on Nairaland!
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by greatgbolla(m): 6:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Un4om:

And the passengers requested the pilot to lower the speed and as well check his tires but he refused.

Probably spent around 5 hrs 20 minutes on my last trip to sa
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Hoodbilonia: 6:24am On Apr 23, 2019
I must fly by nxt year june stra8 to usa
Nigerians are surrefing
Come to midland and srr them
Bastard low lives who are squatting wud come to naija and be forming big boy
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by oglalasioux(m): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2019
Good write up.

But as a first flyer you must have experienced the G forces during takeoff and landing, your ear popping and the dizziness of turbulence. These are points that will educate and inform people who haven't flown before.

You write well, though.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by missyojo(f): 6:33am On Apr 23, 2019
tomdon:

Coman take ticket
Is it for free?
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Toks2008(m): 6:50am On Apr 23, 2019
Un4om:

It was a night flight so most passengers were asleep and we were not much anyways. For those doubting me that I saw a man
walking on the clouds I can't blame you all cos even I was so amazed that I had to tell myself it was not real but it was and I could not wake the person by my side cos he was fast asleep.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by missyojo(f): 6:50am On Apr 23, 2019
fairfora:
You could actually plan it. If you book say, 2 weeks ahead, a ticket could cost as low as 19k. Just save and give yourself a treat. Travel from Lagos or wherever your location is, to Abuja book a nice hotel, lodge there and spend 2 to 3 days of your annual leave. Look for a fun place and a good eatery in town like jevinik restaurant in wuse 2 or the one at garki ,by rita lori on ladoke akintola boulevard. Eat the best of if naija dishes, then fly back home. Simple. You don't have to know anyone there

Alright sir, many thanks. I'm still job hunting for now
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by missyojo(f): 6:53am On Apr 23, 2019
MICHEALADEX:

Come to TBS lagos in December pastor Paul adefarasin will be waiting for you

Ohhhh!!! OK
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by dnawah(m): 6:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Nice, the problem I have with flying is claustrophobia, I do not like confined space, I like to breath in fresh air, I always get nervous when all windows are closed with just a.c on........
the windows were sealed up and can never be open.no be young shall grow motor o!

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by dnawah(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2019
OrdercityWeb:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-qtY7-Il38Uo/XDp2QF7wZHI/AAAAAAAAArk/gyaytO7t3HQDk64uro-rLJaTCKlaF2lWgCLcBGAs/s1600/2019-01-12%2B23.50.33-1.jpg[/img]
I vividly remember my first trip on an airplane, well that's because it was June, 2018. I flew from Jos to Lagos on an Arik flight. To be honest, when I slept the last night I had no intention of travelling the next day but then it's me so........expect the unexpected...lol

I woke up the next day and was quite determined to be in Lagos that same day. With no previous flight experience because really I've not been so far away from home before.

All my life had been in the west till this point where I had to answer the clarion call to serve the fatherland.

Yeah! so I needed to be in Lagos that day. Why? you'd ask, an emergency? Nothing really....lmao. I was just tired of staying in Jos for over 5 months without being home.

Well, so finally I booked online, I think my flight was slated for 2/3pm, well I read all the instructions on the e-ticket because really I had no idea what I was getting into. So yeah, they said checking in starts 2hrs to the flight time and you could miss your flight once checking is over. Me! miss my flight??!!!! lai lai.

Checking in for my flight

[img]https://4.bp..com/-f5n-jwM4gVE/XDp0FwmuavI/AAAAAAAAAqw/6aTuzHXR_fAkOF93B2WWxYeYvf3oeZn0ACLcBGAs/s1600/2019-01-12%2B23.51.12.jpg[/img]

I was there by 12 noon. Did the whole security check thing with FAAN personnel-metal detector. I was suprised tho when I asked to pull of my shoes. In my mind i was like seriously! you guys, is this that serious??!! hahahahaha

Still reading? Don't give up on me yet grin

Well, I checked in, no problems, all smooth. Sat down at the waiting area of the Yakubu Gowon Airport Jos, Plateau State. Finally our plane arrived and I could feel that adrenalin rush.

Source: https://babstours..com/2019/01/my-first-flight-experience-onboard.html?m=1
see our new member o! I started flying when flight was #210,i was 12 then.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by karnap(m): 7:09am On Apr 23, 2019
kams19:

you will get for as low as 23k if you book a day ahead. I always do 23 or 27k, can't pay higher. I no be rich guy
what of a week ahead.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by karnap(m): 7:12am On Apr 23, 2019
can I pay for a ticket, then carry my girlfriend on my lap,like we are go to Ikorodu from Obalende by BRT?
I mean to lap her.

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by showafrica(m): 7:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

And you could not even capture, I like UFOs.

Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) / The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia