Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

My First Time Onboard An Airplane - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Time Onboard An Airplane (43226 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by maynation(f): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2019
karnap:
can I pay for a ticket, then carry my girlfriend on my lap,like we are go to Ikorodu from Obalende by BRT?
I mean to lap her.

Yeah.. definitely cheesy

1 Like

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by HitSong: 7:24am On Apr 23, 2019
OrdercityWeb:
Boarding a plane for the first time
[img]https://1.bp..com/-PAEEIUbj-yI/XDp07VbC-QI/AAAAAAAAArE/OKe5eXF1RLcEClqGMvOuCHWPmFcNLpkJwCLcBGAs/s1600/20180608_135450.jpg[/img]

Then the boarding process started and it all felt surreal. So I finally boarded the plane, initially I didn't know how the whole sitting arrangement thing works(Your sit no is already on your ticket). Lol! I must have looked really nervous. I guess it's not so hard figuring out first-time fliers, I could pick out one or two first-time fliers on my consequent trips. hehehehe!

The take off experience
[img]https://4.bp..com/-o_Zeu6fkzJ8/XDp1Ooq4CrI/AAAAAAAAArM/3FqRZws4_NIOj0sCJ6KiOowolrht8gDewCLcBGAs/s1600/2019-01-12%2B23.49.15.jpg[/img]

This for me is arguably the best part of any first-timer's flying experience. We were told repeatedly by the captain to fasten our seat belt in preparation to take off. He introduced himself and the flight crew; informed us of the weather conditions and our landing time at Lagos. The air host and hostesses were all polite, corteous and neatly dressed.

Now, the airplane began to taxi on the runway, made some turns before it began to go very fast in readiness to take off. At a very fast speed the plane began to taxi and less than 2 mins we were off the ground!

So yeah! now I could relate with how them witches and wizards feel anytime they 'fly' lmaooo..

Felt like rapture! we kept ascending till we reached a point we were stable. Your guess is probably as good as mine. I was awake all through. The man beside me slept off already at take off. Lmaoo! that's how you know old time flyers-calmness.

We were served refreshment during the flight and in less than 1hr 15 mins we were ready to land, I should say via road it's 19hrs to Lagos from Jos. I guess that would help you appreciate the flight duration.

Landing was not as thrilling as taking off for me. We touched down safely ans really I was not at any point scared all through. It all seemed adventurous for me.

What was your first flight experience like? share in the comment section below.

Visit: https://babstours..com/2019/01/my-first-flight-experience-onboard.html?m=1
Liar
I schooled in jos and the longest traveling time I ever experienced on the road was 15 hours while the shortest was 11.
Stop giving us fuckery
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Prosper91(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2019
Mine was april 9 2018 in a turkish airline from Abuja to Istanbul then to Astana and later back to Nigeria on seat number 26A
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by OneKinGuy(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2019
Please do you need a passport to fly around Nigeria? (as in Lagos to abuja etc) because I don't have that yet!
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by OneKinGuy(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2019
HitSong:

Liar
I schooled in jos and the longest traveling time I ever experienced on the road was 15 hours while the shortest was 11.
Stop giving us fuckery
your bus never spoil for road baah grin

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by sweetilicious(f): 7:36am On Apr 23, 2019
ishowdotgmail:
I used to enter aeroplane in my dream
you are not serious
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nanatrendy(f): 7:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Until you fly with Emirates my dear you haven't had the best experience yet
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by saintneo(m): 7:38am On Apr 23, 2019
mine was in 2008. My dad celebrated my first job by buying a ticket to Lagos.

I was very happy. I was assigned the emergency exit sit maybe because I had the macho look. I can't remember everything now. moreover, my my milage on flights is very high now
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by dannypaul(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2019
HitSong:

Liar
Stop giving us fuckery

was that d only thing u could deduce from d write up?

on several occasions have my guys spent 16-19hrs on road from lagos to jos, jos to lagos

5 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Jaqenhghar: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2019
flourishing247:

Read the story well. Not Jamaica as in Jamaica island. It's an area in new York. New York is actually a very very cold place in winter
Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by HitSong: 8:01am On Apr 23, 2019
OneKinGuy:

your bus never spoil for road baah grin
It happened just once where i spent 2 days on the road and I learned my lesson and hence, I check the bus (luxurious) well before travelling.

1 Like

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by PotatoSalad(m): 8:02am On Apr 23, 2019
nullboss:
Shame MF!!.. Do you have it angry
We know you have 3 private jets and thieves stole one.
Gtfoh
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Kenturkey048(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2019
Toks2008:
interesting.

My scariest flight was from South Africa. The Pilot was too fast that he made it to Nigeria airspace in about 5hours when it should be 6 hours+...I even remember seeing a man on the clouds. I know people no go believe me undecided but I saw a man moving on the clouds.
baba na baba...them no dey buy am for market..
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by PotatoSalad(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2019
Acedave1:
sad baba God abeg pick my cal nw, al my yahoo yahoo fwend done make am
Live fast, die young
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by midetinz(m): 8:08am On Apr 23, 2019
I fly occasionally. Say once in 8months but I always have the feel of a first timer. Most eapecially headache and dizziness at few minutes of ascending and descending of aircraft.
I tried adopting the earpiece option to reduce dizziness but I always had the feel of the whole air in the atmosphere is in my skull.
I can't help but fly for official reason but I still prefer traveling by road even if its 12hrs.
I dont want to discuss the phobia of death anytime I see the clouds under the aircraft. Lol

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by slap1(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2019
First time was PH to Lagos, and Lagos back to PH. It was not funny o. I was scared, biko! I'm afraid of heights.

But flying is far more convenient and time-saving. But when turbulence comes... grin grin

1 Like

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Honor10: 8:52am On Apr 23, 2019
kaze4blues:

Is Ibadan airport operational
it should
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Not only you same here. I always have phobia for heights. I pray to overcome it someday
Okeyjesus:
Wait, na only me never book flight ticket before?
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2019
Lol God's time is the best cool cool
Acedave1:
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2019
You're a survivor, with the horrors associated with air travel, I don't want to travel by air ever.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kponkedenge(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2019
shagaman:
Memories, my first flight was to Kaduna for my NYSC , I could remember my mum begged me to take flight but because I wanted her to give me the cash so I could board a bus and keep the change, by force by fire we got to the airport, she gave me the exact flight fee as pocket money and bought a ticket, remember was on a flight with Daniel the bull that year, on the flight proper chanchangi airlines ,sat down with a babe going to camp with me but we had turbulence serious one I remembered the girl held on to me but I knew I gave her elbow out of fear..that marked the beginning and end of our friendship.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kponkedenge(m): 9:16am On Apr 23, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Hmmm Cold in Jamaica.... Did you happen to see snow there too?
So you don't know that there's Jamaica in New York City
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kponkedenge(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2019
OneKinGuy:
Please do you need a passport to fly around Nigeria? (as in Lagos to abuja etc) because I don't have that yet!
No you don't
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by jmaxjohn(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2019
Acedave1:
Make we talk for WhatsApp
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by kponkedenge(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2019
Well for me, I prefer international flights to local. Local makes me scared.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2019
kams19:

you will get for as low as 23k if you book a day ahead. I always do 23 or 27k, can't pay higher. I no be rich guy
Do u have any idea how much from sokoto to warri
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2019
MissRaine69:

23 hour flight and you will be a corpse grin
Na heaven u dey fly go?
23 hrs aba
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by alujonjonkijon: 9:33am On Apr 23, 2019
mine was June 13, 1995 and the turbulent was son great ,i a first timer ,out of a sense of duty had to take the chlld carried by his trmbling mother away from her while i silently pray and put up a bold front.

it was not an imagined turbulence.it was real with shouting and crying and loud paryers and as we landed safely at ikeja from JOS that day,passengers came down from the plane kneeling on the tarmac thanking GOD.

The miracle really was having travelled with my last kobo,i didn't have money to take a cab to Church-gate vi where i was billed to attend a meeting for a contract but the woman i helped during the flight happened to be the wife of a top government official and it was the chaffeur driven car that came to pick her that dropped me at VI and she didn't know i didn't have any money to take a cab.

now you know what the devil meant for evil GOD will turn it around.

ON my way back to JOS ,i decided to take a flight back because i ws told once i remain frightened,i will never take a flight again but to be real,i do not miss flying and im still of the opinion that if you must fly,you must be ready to pilot the plane spiritually.

4 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by williamdeluxe(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2019
My first flight was from lagos to madrid (spain) last yr november...twas d most blissfull experience of my life...we made a stop at casablanca(morrocco) nd had to wait for like 3hrs b4 boarding anoda flight to madrid

de best part of the journey was d reception at casablanca...assorted foods of all types,different types of drinks,games and a free Wi-Fi...i was a lil bit sad wen we had to leave for madrid

4 Likes

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Biglittlelois(f): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2019
MissRaine69:

You can take something to help with that. It calms you down.
You would struggle with long distance . I have a sibling who lives on the other side of the world a direct flight is 17 hours....if I did not love my sibling I would stick to Skype .

I'm thinking of traveling out soon and I cant bring myself to imagine how the trip would be like, I think I will prefer a sleeping drug cos I doubt the fright and anxious feeling will leave when my eyes is wide open lol.
Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by Biglittlelois(f): 10:09am On Apr 23, 2019
dnawah:
the windows were sealed up and can never be open.no be young shall grow motor o!

Do you have comprehension problem?

1 Like

Re: My First Time Onboard An Airplane by MissRaine69(f): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2019
charliboy654:

Na heaven u dey fly go?
23 hrs aba
No it was a flight on this here earth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train / The Lagos Corper Knocked Down By Danfo Driver Is Dead / Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.