Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,916 members, 7,799,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help (2491 Views)

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic / Honda 2008 Frequent Oil Change / My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
1. Driving the car from PH to Onitsha, the battery drained at owerri without warning. Had to call someone to my rescue - by borrowing me the battery in his car. I don't know if this is alternator

2. The car started making some grinding noise from the engine and cannot even climb a speed bump if it wasn't speed up initially. The noise from the engine is terrible.

3. If you rev the throttle, the car dosent sound well. As if something is blocking the exhaust. It hums.

I don't even know where to start. All fluid levels are ok
The car is a 2008 Honda Accord.

Cc: gazzuzz, other car gurus pls help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by sultaan(m): 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Karatum:
1. Driving the car from PH to Onitsha, the battery drained at owerri without warning. Had to call someone to my rescue - by borrowing me the battery in his car. I don't know if this is alternator

2. The car started making some grinding noise from the engine and cannot even climb a speed bump if it wasn't speed up initially. The noise from the engine is terrible.

3. If you rev the throttle, the car dosent sound well. As if something is blocking the exhaust. It hums.

How about the check engine light that is flashing what does the code say when you scanned it.

What kind of work Didi your mechanic do on the car recently
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
sultaan:

How about the check engine light that is flashing what does the code say when you scanned it.

What kind of work Didi your mechanic do on the car recently

I haven't scanned the car. The previous owner of the car travelled abroad, so I don't know the previous history of the car. I just took possession of it
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by sultaan(m): 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
You drove someone's car without being familiar with it, you may have done something wrong if it was ok before. Make a call and ask if there was an existing issue
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
sultaan:
You drove someone's car without being familiar with it, you may have done something wrong if it was ok before. Make a call and ask if there was an existing issue

Its nt someone's car. It is now mine. I bought it from the owner who stays abroad. I called the previous owner and she said there was nothing wrong with it prior now
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by aldotun(m): 12:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Have the exhaust removed and see if it moves, there maybe a catalyst blocked in the exhaust, trust me mine was like that for over 4 months before I discovered.

2 Likes

Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by sultaan(m): 2:54am On Apr 23, 2019
aldotun:
Have the exhaust removed and see if it moves, there maybe a catalyst blocked in the exhaust, trust me mine was like that for over 4 months before I discovered.

It come with engine noise so scanning first is the best option, worst case scenario is chain guides breaking.

When you said the person lives abroad, normally our people buy the cheapest car they can get away without ( not saying this the situation but will consider that option)

Scan first and Google the code.

Google the VIN number and if the last mileage is over 150000 be prepared for anything.

Donot let anyone touch your car with a screwdriver before you scan it and verify the codes.

Your problem could be as simple a a worn roller bearing

3 Likes

Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Gazzuzz ooo
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 23, 2019
sultaan:

It come with engine noise so scanning first is the best option, worst case scenario is chain guides breaking.

When you said the person lives abroad, normally our people buy the cheapest car they can get away without ( not saying this the situation but will consider that option)

Scan first and Google the code.

Google the VIN number and if the last mileage is over 150000 be prepared for anything.

Donot let anyone touch your car with a screwdriver before you scan it and verify the codes.

Your problem could be as simple a a worn roller bearing
The car's mileage hasn't yet clocked 90k. Its very clean. Was rarely driven by the previous owner. But thanks shaa, will manage and take it to where it will be scanned.
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2019
Karatum:

4 Cylinder or V6?

Problem should be isolated, take out the serpentine belt and start the car, if the rattling noise is still there it's coming from the engine.
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

4 Cylinder or V6?

Problem should be isolated, take out the serpentine belt and start the car, if the rattling noise is still there it's coming from the engine.

Its 4cylinder sire.

Is serpentine belt same thing as fan belt?

1 Like

Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
Karatum:

Its 4cylinder sire.

Is serpentine belt same thing as fan belt?

serpentine belt is also called fanbelt
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by Coolgent(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2019
Next Level accord

Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by CocoaOla: 7:18am On Apr 29, 2019
I'm suspecting ignition system inspect the serpentine belts alternator wire to the battery, ignition coils and spark plugs, Honda need valve clearance adjustment atleast every 100,000 miles if ignored it can cause wild sound from the engine, poor spark timing, idle rough, poor acceleration my own opinions ooo get a good skilled professional Honda dealers to inspect the car
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by CocoaOla: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2019
Karatum:

I'm suspecting ignition system inspect the serpentine belts alternator wire to the battery, ignition coils and spark plugs, Honda need valve clearance adjustment atleast every 100,000 miles if ignored it can cause wild sound from the engine, poor spark timing, idle rough, poor acceleration my own opinions ooo get a good skilled professional Honda dealers to inspect the car
Re: My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help by CocoaOla: 7:28am On Apr 29, 2019
Karatum:

I'm suspecting ignition system inspect the serpentine belts alternator wire to the battery, ignition coils and spark plugs, All Honda ICE vehicles need valve clearance adjustment/maintenance atleast every 100,000 miles if ignored it can cause wild sound from the engine, poor spark timing, idle rough, poor acceleration my own opinions ooo get a good skilled professional Honda dealers to inspect the car

(1) (Reply)

Auto-upgrades That Don’t Really ‘upgrade’ / Oil Shortage On 99 Camry / Uche Honda Nig Ltd. Now On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.