Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Jealous Wife Aborts Rival's Six-month Old Pregnancy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jealous Wife Aborts Rival's Six-month Old Pregnancy (1109 Views)

Father Rapes 12-yr-old Daughter In Bayelsa, Aborts Pregnancy(photo) / Estranged Jealous Wife Vandalises Husband’s Car With Pestle / Jealous Husband Baths Wife With With Acid For Leaving Him (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jealous Wife Aborts Rival's Six-month Old Pregnancy by AloyEmeka5: 3:02am On Sep 17, 2010
[size=14pt]Angry wife aborts rival's six-month old pregnancy[/size]

Sesan Olufowobi

The Police in Lagos have arrested a 28-year-old housewife, Bola Oyekoya, for aborting her rival's pregnancy without her consent.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/16/813.html

Bola was said to have taken 18-year-old Serifat Yinusa to an auxiliary nurse, Bukky Oduntan, who drugged the Cocacola drink given to Yinusa and while she was soundly asleep, the nurse injected the girl to kill the baby inside her and forced her to go into premature labour.

PUNCH METRO gathered that Bola and her husband, Isiaka, had been married for two years without any child of their own. It was gathered that after much pressure from the wife, Isiaka owned up to Serifat's pregnancy. The wife subsequently insisted that there must be a medical test to determine whether the girl got pregnant for her husband.

According to police investigation report, it was while the trio went for the medical test that the pregnancy was aborted by the nurse.

But Bola insisted that Yinusa and her husband were the ones that begged her to help abort the pregnancy. "She said she was not ready. My husband was also scared of what her parent would do. I reluctantly helped her and took her to my area sister (Oduntan), who gave her injection to remove the pregnancy. After the abortion, she now told us that it was another person that she got pregnant for," she said.

Isiaka however said that her wife and the nurse made him understand that what they were giving to Yinusa was a mere malaria injection to protect her and the baby.

"When my wife heard about the girl's pregnacy, she said she did not believe that I was the owner of the pregnancy and after much argument, I agreed to bring her so that they can test her and see if the pregnancy belonged to me. I never knew that they wanted to remove it. But later in the day she (Yinusa) said she had the pregnancy for another man, and that she planned to marry that man," he narrated.

Odutan who claimed ignorance of the whole drama, said she was under the impression that the girl was Bola's younger sister. "She told me that her husband got her younger sister pregnant and something must be done fast. I gave her Gentamycin injection with B-complex. The injection will kill the baby and also forced her to deliver the dead baby prematurely.

However, Yinusa said that she claimed the pregnancy was for another man because she feared that the trio might kill her. He said his wife was saying he was not the owner of the pregnancy. They then took me to that woman to be sure that Isiaka was the one that owned the pregnancy. Since I knew I was telling the truth, I followed them.

"It was while we were there that the wife was saying I was her sister and they wanted to remove the pregnancy. I told the nurse that I was not her sister and I don't want to abort my pregnancy. The nurse told me to calm down and gave me a bottle of Coke to drink; that was the last thing I remembered. When I woke up I knew that they had done something to me because I was feeling the pain of the injection.

"When it was time to go Isiaka took me to his house and refused my request that he shoult take me to my house. That was when I lied that the pregnancy belonged to another man. They became happy and took me back to the woman who gave me injection. From there we went to my house.

"In the night, I went into a painful labour and delivered a dead baby, but the placenta did not come out. That was why my parents went to the police," she said.

Lagos State police command spokesman, Mr. FrankMba, who described the act as an illicit abortion masterminded by a jealous wife and crudely executed by a quack nurse, said that the police would prosecute all parties involved.

"In Nigeria, abortion is an offence and those who did this one with the circumstance involved will be made to face the full wrath of the law," he said.

(1) (Reply)

Nanny Watched As 5yr Old Girl Was Raped At Bolingo Hotel, Mom Alleges / Female Armed Robbery Leader & Her Gang Members Arrested In Lagos / On Going Robbery At Agbara, Lagos???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.