Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 (13310 Views)

Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me / Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed / 'We Tried To Save Ambode, But He Wasn't Answering Our Calls'...Epe Elders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Islie: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
by Oluseyi Awojulugbe

Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, the minister of state for petroleum, says he lost about six kilogrammes in weight when they tried to remove subsidy on petroleum products in 2016.

Speaking on Hard Copy, a programme on Channels TV, the junior minister said there is a lot to deal with when subsidy removal is to be carried out.

“If you want to take away subsidy, you have to deal with the unions and Nigerians. Everybody is saying take away subsidy and you will have a solution. When I did it in 2016, I think I must have lost between 10 and 15 pounds,” he said.

Expressing regrets at the current state of the nation’s refineries, Kachikwu said the refineries almost need to be shut down.

“If there is one area where I feel sad, its the refineries because there is a huge gulf between my pronouncements and where I’d like it to be and what we’ve been able to achieve.

“The reality today is that we are still below 15% of utilisation of those refineries because they need to maintained, reworked, they almost need to be shut down and completely refurbished.

“Neglect of over a decade is forcing us to say are these scraps or how much will it cost to fix them.

“The 2019 plan is off, there is absolutely no way given that no contractual terms have been reached by the NNPC and the potential investors. So there is no way that you can get refineries to 90% capacity template in 2019 and for us to exit complete importation of petroleum products.”

Kachikwu said the recent high petrol consumption figures in the country are alarming, adding that even the president is questioning the figures.

“I’m questioning those numbers and we are now tracking products that are coming into the country for the first time. So in a matter of two months, we will be able to say for certain what we consume.”

On the issue of the reported $60 billion loss due to non-review of production sharing contracts, Kachikwu said “there is a difference between an opportunity loss and a loss. Nobody had done anything about the law and it has gone on for years, it’s not new.

“I was talking at the time about the opportunity lost not money earned that was lost.”

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-kachikwu-lost-6kg-tried-remove-fuel-subsidy

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by ollysaks: 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Scammers.

Shebi, you people protested during Gej regime that there was nothing like subsidy.
How come, u want to remove what was never there before.

Doing all kinds of nonsense calculation, how fuel should be 45naira.

E Don cast for in head

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by nazicartel(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
liars will go to hell if there's any

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by debaj10: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
islie jare.
who know dis guy, make una warn am-
beta resign cos wetin dey ur front go do u strong tin.
na him go cari buhari case.
a word is enough.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by JasonScoolari: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
Everybody is saying take away subsidy and you will have a solution. When I did it in 2016, I think I must have lost between 10 and 15 pounds,”

Sometimes, I feel like rejecting this guy as my brother from Delta, but "Blood nah Blood" and we're all one in Delta state irrespective of our party differences and tribe.

Ibe is just there losing weight, and probably losing his sight working as the Minister of Petroleum and also the Minister of State for Petroleum, while the useless drunkard who is supposed to be doing his duty as the senior minister is gallivanting the Aso Villa looking for cow's to pursue.

A quick advice to Kachikwu; You better resign like Kemi Adeosun or better still, lobby for the minister of Niger Delta Affairs, if not, you'll lose more weight than a native fowl without feathers.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by miteolu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
What of now, gained 60kg?

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Everybody is saying take away subsidy and you will have a solution. When I did it in 2016, I think I must have lost between 10 and 15 pounds,”

Sometimes, I feel like rejecting this guy as my brother from Delta, but "Blood nah Blood" and we're all one in Delta state irrespective of our party differences and tribe.

Ibe is just there losing weight, and probably losing his sight working as the Minister of Petroleum and also the Minister of State for Petroleum, while the useless drunkard who is supposed to be doing his duty as the senior minister is gallivanting the Aso Villa looking for cow's to pursue.

A quick advice to Kachikwu; You better resign like Kemi Adeosun or better still, lobby for the minister of Niger Delta Affairs, if not, you'll lose more weight than a native fowl without feathers.
Gibberish and rubbish as usual.
Senseless comment!
*Spits*

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by SarkinYarki: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
Tried? My friend you removed fuel subsidy completely and we Nigerians supported you then only for you to goto the back and start paying it to imaginary companies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Cletus77(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
post=77816037:

Gibberish and rubbish as usual.
*Spits*
Why don't you counter him with facts? Than to spit around the thread

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2019
Cletus77:

Why don't you counter him with facts? Than to spit around the thread
When losers gather........ wink cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Cletus77(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
post=77816329:

When losers gather........ wink cheesy
....Zombies get roasted

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by chloride6: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
Only 6?

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Cletus77(m): 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
MilesRena:
Your weight is matterless
He was checking his weight.. every second

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
Cletus77:

....Zombies get roasted
Gathering of losers.... cheesy wink grin

4 years is a long time to wail ooo!!

Body go tell una lass lass cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by yeman2012(m): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
Cook and bull stories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Mastermajek: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
I don't just understand Nigeria this days

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by guru90: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
THUNDER CLEAR YOUR MOUTH THERE!!!! WHY U NO DIE?

NONSENSE !!!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
Expressing regrets at the current state of the nation’s refineries, Kachikwu said the refineries almost need to be shut down.

“If there is one area where I feel sad, its the refineries because there is a huge gulf between my pronouncements and where I’d like it to be and what we’ve been able to achieve.

“The reality today is that we are still below 15% of utilisation of those refineries because they need to maintained, reworked, they almost need to be shut down and completely refurbished.

“Neglect of over a decade is forcing us to say are these scraps or how much will it cost to fix them.

“The 2019 plan is off, there is absolutely no way given that no contractual terms have been reached by the NNPC and the potential investors. So there is no way that you can get refineries to 90% capacity template in 2019 and for us to exit complete importation of petroleum products.”

Whereas if we removed subsidy, investment would have flowed in to fix those refinereis, and new ones would be springing up.

But Nigerians want cheap fuel....at their cost.
Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:

The Minister of Petroleum...aka the Man in Aso Rock...KNOWS WHAT TO DO

Follow GEJ, and let the market determine the price OF FUEL.

But he won't do that....Nigerians will rebel...and the subsidy cabals would give him a hard time.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Kendumazy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
You were only doing your job sir. Your weight doesn't matter afterall it's one of the best jobs. Owo federal!

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by jaxxy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
Subsidy is a scam bt they don’t have a solution or alternative to it. They need to apologize to Gej

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2019
jaxxy:
Subsidy is a scam bt they don’t have a solution or alternative to it. They need to apologize to Gej

They can follow GEJ and remove the whole thing..and let marketers determine the price of fuel

But you know...you Nigerians won't let them. You rioted in 2012...and even now some GEJ supporters believe he was wrong.

And it won't be GEJ supporters alone...pmb supporters would turn on PMB in the case of subsidy removal

DESPITE the benefits of increased investment and jobs.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Gkemz: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hmmm. When GEJ attempted to remove subsidy all hell was let lose. 7years later the same government that criticised it as opposition are making up excuses to justify the removal of subsidy.
By the way, anybody can decide to lose weight. After all it's for the good of one's health.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by frowland(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:

I was with you until you called a bloke that never drink or smoke a drunkard.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by orisa37: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
Lose 12kg to remove subsidy and you will be more hansome to your people.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by Blue3k(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
● You guys failed to revamp refineries after 4 years of talking. You guys have options to sell or concession these assets. You even went so far to say you'll resign if you cant solve Petroleum import issue.

● You guys should have eliminated the fuel subsidy but you guys couldn't handle political backlash. Instead of subsidizing cost just let market determine price.

● Its not too late to see about those production sharing contracts. Wasnt the PIB supposed to solve that issue?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 by blackpanda: 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2019
ollysaks:
Scammers.

Shebi, you people protested during Gej regime that there was nothing like subsidy.
How come, u want to remove what was never there before.

Doing all kinds of nonsense calculation, how fuel should be 45naira.

E Don cast for in head

READ Before u blab biko

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi's Turbaning: How Bad Weather Got Delegates Stranded At Airport (Video) / Sultan Of Sokoto To Buhari: Corrupt Officials Should Go To Jail / Ekiti Assembly Suspends Aribisogan For Demanding Fayose, Speaker’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.