Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

5yrs Old In A Boarding School - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5yrs Old In A Boarding School (3211 Views)

My Princess Is 5yrs Today / Pregnant 20 Year Old In A Polyamorous Relationship: To Raise Baby With 4 Dads / Happy 5yrs Anniversary To Us( SEE PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by ImaIma1(f): 6:37am On Apr 25, 2019
Preciouschinwe:
Iam so confused right now, my husband wants to send our 5 years old son to a boarding school which I refused, pls has any one here done it before and how was the experience

My colleague told me he started boarding school at nursery 2 all through till end of primary school. He said he was well taken care of but the relationship with his parents is non existent. He can stay without seeing or calling his parents for months.

He said the last time his dad tried to influence his decision, he walked out on him. There is no relationship or bond. He is closer to outsiders. He still resents them for not letting him be with them as a child and he is the first born.

5years old is too young to let him be by himself except you guys don't mind missing his formative years and risking not having a good relationship with him

2 Likes

Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by UKBobo(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2019
Too early... from 11 yes. They bully too much plus bad influences. I went and know

3 Likes

Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by SmartMen: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2019
Preciouschinwe:
First of all I want to say a big thank you, to every one here.secondly, My husband love's his kids,he only wants the best for them(only that the boarding school suggestion was a big mistake).And lastly I had a talk with him last night about the issue, which he saw reasons with me and he finally agreed that none of his kids will attend a boarding school.so am saying a big thank you to every one again because : I almost gave up kiss
Oh great. He can send them to boarding school for secondary school education. I have to be honest, this is my first time hearing there are boarding school for kids age 5.
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by ruhaa12: 8:27am On Apr 25, 2019
Thanks for sharing your valuable information we are providing online IT Course like [url]https://onlineitguru.com/tableau-online-training-placement.html [/url]
https://onlineitguru.com/data-science-online-training-placement.html

[url]https://onlineitguru.com/android-online-training-placement.html [/url]
and more...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Dhortunn(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2019
How did I not see this until now. Sigh!

Few days ago, I was having random discussions with my Mum then she told me of how when she took me to Mayflower Ikenne for my Common Entrance exam for JSS1, she saw a section like an open big field from far with barricades where they released these kids (as young as your son's age mates) to play with no supervision.

She told me of how one particular boy of very young age was playing on his own with his ball then another boy that was older came and bullied this young boy and took the ball away from him. This young boy that was bullied started crying with no one around to console him.

Mum said she was a bit far from this area but she could see clearly and was trying to wave at the boy in a bid to calm him but he was not looking in her direction. Now imagine the wickedness that would have been planted in that child's mind with time. Then this repeats itself.

He probably would have the mindset that life works like that. Please don't leave these young babies to face life. Not everyone can survive it and still live with love after.

Sorry. I couldn't make it shorter. I just felt to drop this if not I will still be guilt tripped for not contributing.

4 Likes

Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by jeff1607(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2019
dedoz:
Its good you stood against sending him to a boarding school at such a tender age and your husband has agreed.It remains the very best decision.Wishing you the best as you raise your kids.

the way you guys use words eh, can make others think otherwise

she never stood against the husband, she and the husband had a heart to heart discussion weighing the pros n cons before making the decision.

1 Like

Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2019
comtem2011:
I am happy for you o madam. Congrats
thank you
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dhortunn:
How did I not see this until now. Sigh!

Few days ago, I was having random discussions with my Mum then she told me of how when she took me to Mayflower Ikenne for my Common Entrance exam for JSS1, she saw a section like an open big field from far with barricades where they released these kids (as young as your son's age mates) to play with no supervision.

She told me of how one particular boy of very young age was playing on his own with his ball then another boy that was older came and bullied this young boy and took the ball away from him. This young boy that was bullied started crying with no one around to console him.

Mum said she was a bit far from this area but she could see clearly and was trying to wave at the boy in a bid to calm him but he was not looking in her direction. Now imagine the wickedness that would have been planted in that child's mind with time. Then this repeats itself.

He probably would have the mindset that life works like that. Please don't leave these young babies to face life. Not everyone can survive it and still live with love after.

Sorry. I couldn't make it shorter. I just felt to drop this if not I will still be guilt tripped for not contributing.
thank you so much for this bro.
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
SmartMen:
Oh great. He can send them to boarding school for secondary school education. I have to be honest, this is my first time hearing there are boarding school for kids age 5.
there are kids of four years, in this particular school.
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
UKBobo:
Too early... from 11 yes. They bully too much plus bad influences. I went and know
He won't attend, even at 20yrs.
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by SmartMen: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
Preciouschinwe:
there are kids of four years, in this particular school.

Not a good idea. Just because others are doing doesn't make it right...

And the owner of such establishment is milking from your weakness. A business man doesn't care whether what you want will kill you. They don't bloody care as long as you pay them for what you want, you can die, after all, they never pointed a gun to your head.

You read someone said his friend went to such school at a very tender age and the friend has no bond with his parents.

My half brother is based in the US, he left with his father at the age of 6... A millionaire medical doctor. Though according to his mother, she fought so that the dad could take him along, unfortunately, the father used it against her and till she died, there was no bond between her and her son. He felt his mother abandoned him and nothing she could do made him change his mind and accept her.

That is what it is like when you have no relationship with your child... You become a stranger to your own seed.
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
SmartMen:

Not a good idea. Just because others are doing doesn't make it right...

And the owner of such establishment is milking from your weakness. A business man doesn't care whether what you want will kill you. They don't bloody care as long as you pay them for what you want, you can die, after all, they never pointed a gun to your head.

You read someone said his friend went to such school at a very tender age and the friend has no bond with his parents.

My half brother is based in the US, he left with his father at the age of 6... A millionaire medical doctor. Though according to his mother, she fought so that the dad could take him along, unfortunately, the father used it against her and till she died, there was no bond between her and her son. He felt his mother abandoned him and nothing she could do made him change his mind and accept her.

That is what it is like when you have no relationship with your child... You become a stranger to your own seed.
. You are right.

1 Like

Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by siva12: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
In the IT technology, There are various trends and technologies. let us consider for business intelligence there are a various tool like msbi, ba, etc. learn on business intelligence through msbi online training india,
business analyst online training india
Re: 5yrs Old In A Boarding School by Lamanii22(f): 2:20am On Aug 13, 2021
God forbid! Nursery/primary boarding school should be scrapped! If my husband tries that nonsense, I'll report him to God...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clarity Regarding Nigerians Born Abroad And Nigerians Born In Nigeria. / Mother And Son Share A Moment / Super Mtn Cheapest Data!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.