Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Raheem Sterling Says Not Enough Is Done Concerning Racism In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Raheem Sterling Says Not Enough Is Done Concerning Racism In Football (187 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" / Raheem Sterling’s Car Collection (Photos) / Nigeria Vs England Will Be Physical, Raheem Sterling Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Raheem Sterling Says Not Enough Is Done Concerning Racism In Football by sirpekun: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2019
Raheem Sterling has described racism problems in football as deep and nowhere near being sorted out as the organizations that run the sport are not doing enough to eradicate the issue.

The England International and Manchester City winger has increasingly become a figurehead in the war against racism having experienced abuse on the field of play times without number.

Most recent of this occurrence was in England’s match against Montenegro where the youngster was seen cupping his hands to his ears in response to racism chants from fans of Montenegro.

Raheem Sterling is one of the several signatories to a manifesto started by The Times calling for more severe punishments for defaulters of racist abuse, actions from social media companies and call for more blacks, Asians and minority ethnic people (BAME) into positions of power.

Read more https://idonsabi.com/raheem-sterling-says-not-enough-is-done-concerning-racism-in-football/

Cc @lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

I Can Stay Up To 100 Years At Inter But The Club Has To Make Choice - Spalletti / [goal Highlight] Tottenham 0 – 1 Ajax (watch Here) / Kick Off Tonight Canelo Vs. Jacobs Fight: How To Watch, Live Stream, PPV Price,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.