Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry (1048 Views)

Why Do First-Time Visitors Act Like They Are Not Hungry When They Are? / Hungry Abuja Residents Steal Rice From A Moving Truck / Hungry Lagosians Mob A Bus Loaded With Bread In Agege (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Well. Here’s something you don’t see every day.
In Wyoming, Michigan, a five-year-old boy called 911 last Sunday. The reason? He was hungry and hankerin’ for Mickey D’s.

The boy’s grandmother couldn’t help because she was sleeping, so he picked up a long-ago deactivated telephone. He gave a ring to the only number the phone would still call: Emergency Services.

The little go-getter — whose name is Iziah — asked the dispatcher, “Can you bring me McDonald’s?”
Dispatch contacted Kent County police Officer Dan Patterson and asked if he would check on the ambitious tyke.

On his way to the residence, Dan stopped by McDonald’s and picked up some goodies.

The cop explained himself to local WZZM 13:
“I figured, ‘Hey I’m driving past McDonald’s on my way there, and I might as well get him something.'”
Makes sense.

(Officer) Patterson said when he showed up, Iziah was initially worried that his grandmother would be upset that he’d called the police and asked him to leave.

The five-year-old’s grandmother was grateful to the kind lawman for his generous deed. And Dan asked Iziah to only use 911 for emergencies.

But hey — sometimes a need for your favorite burger feels like an emergency.
What a great story. Sometimes those we pay to keep us safe go above and beyond the call of duty.

*Copied from opera news*

1 Like

Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
This got me thinking, if it were Nigeria here that some police have not even being to Mr. Biggs, that boy for hear weinn.
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Vendee: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
well, it's still part of their work.

The day was saved.
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Vendee:
well, it's still part of their work.
Not really
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by czarina(f): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
Let me wait for Nairalanders to come say the usual;

"this is a country that works. Not this shithole".

Then, they'll round off with; "God punish Buhari" angry
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Vendee: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ftheophilous:
Not really
The policeman saved the day.
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
czarina:

guess you have seen enough criticizing speech to go around.
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ftheophilous:

Not really

Yes, to SERVE and protect... since they're not great on the lata, white kid is a genius. grin
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
Guest007:

Yes, to SERVE and protect... since they're not great on the lata, white kid is a genius. grin
Who told you that they are not doing great in the latter. Abeg no talk am again o
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Mariangeles(f): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
czarina:

As in.. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by ValCon888: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
czarina:

This is a country that works not this shithole. God punish Buhari.
There. I've said it.

Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
Gangstar Wait for savage o
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by czarina(f): 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
ValCon888:

This is a country that works not this shithole. God punish Buhari.
There. I've said it.
Bam!
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by lordm(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
If you are a counselor please quote me. I really need help
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
lordm:
If you are a counselor please quote me. I really need help
Help as regarding what?
Re: A Little Boy Calls 911 Because He's Hungry by Ftheophilous(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Free Food For All! / You May Never Drink Coke Again After Reading This... / Avocado Carrot Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.