Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,669,899 members, 6,276,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 May 2021 at 01:49 PM

Man Watches ‘captain Marvel’ 116 Times In Order To Break World Record - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Man Watches ‘captain Marvel’ 116 Times In Order To Break World Record (309 Views)

First Episode Of Game Of Thrones Was Pirated 55 Million Times In Just 24 Hours / Captain-marvel-2019 / Captain Marvel Movie Posters 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Watches ‘captain Marvel’ 116 Times In Order To Break World Record by massmediang: 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
A Wisconsin man, Steve Ruppel, who has gone to see “Captain Marvel” 116 times since it was released, has broken the world record for seeing a single movie.
Ruppel’s valiant efforts did not go in vain. He did it in order to break a Guinness World Record.

“I thought it was the most insane thing ever, I thought it was impossible. I wasn’t even sure why it was even a record, but I thought after a while, ‘I should probably do that’,” Ruppel told WSAW.

Every single time he watched the film, he did it at the same place — the Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema in Rothschild, Wisconsin.
“The amount of time that it takes, I’ve had to take time off work, I would take long lunch breaks to accommodate watching an entire movie in that particular time frame. And then just time on the weekends where I’m not doing other things.”

Ruppel has seen the film seven times in one day — the most in one sitting.

That breaks down to 14 hours and 35 minutes.

A general admission ticket costs $11.61 at his theater. If that’s what he paid each time, Ruppel spent about $1,350 for the experience.

In order to verify he actually had seen the film as much, Ruppel had to take pictures at the theater and present written witness statements.
Details, see https://wakkinews.com/2019/04/23/man-watches-captain-marvel-116-times-in-order-to-break-world-record/

Re: Man Watches ‘captain Marvel’ 116 Times In Order To Break World Record by Redeakaa(m): 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
One word..........

Joblessness
Re: Man Watches ‘captain Marvel’ 116 Times In Order To Break World Record by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
More money than sense...
Too much free time on his hands...
- boredom...

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Funny Avengers Endgame Prank / Big Brother Naija Season 4 Kicks Off June — Multichoice / This Graphic Artist Will Blow Your Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.