Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. (21086 Views)

Brief History Of Dunukofia Clan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by WorWorBoy: 6:53am On Jan 25, 2021
Logan23:

Go n stop sam dede, BBN Tacha and Mrs Ebele Jonathan from being igbo n speaking igbo

There is nothing like Wakirike language, that ibim just repeat what you igbos are saying here. The official language of Okrika people is the Kirikeni okwen! You have to do better than that. Okrika people don't speak igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Abagworo(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2021
BlackSaints:
Mr Abagworo you don hear? Ogu/Bolo don't speak igbo! So i was right along.

I know people from Ogu/Bolo that speak Igbo for example Honorable Evans Bipi.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Allen102: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2021
Abagworo:

My friend there is no need denying a glaring truth for whatever reason cause it will affect your unborn generations. It is not a hidden truth that inside Okrika Igbo is spoken as a 2nd language after Wakirike. Till date it has remained so despite the efforts to wipe off traces of Igbo as a result of misguided aggression.
You mean Okrika town or Wakirike as a whole? The 11 clans of Wakirike are all found by ijaw migrants, them speaking igbo is something that is impossible,so this talk of causing problems for our unborn children is not going to happen. Any igbo or those that speaks igbo in the Wakirike communities don't belong there, Okrikans are more than willing to let the likes of ibime and his elders or any other igbos in Okrika go back to where they come from, go and ask about Nkoro people.

Okrikan is an ijaw clan! (Wakirikes) Don't have two languages but one.

Which is the Kirikeni okwen.

Logan23 i hope you are reading this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2021
Ibime:

Ogu Bolo was a fishing village so they don't need to. Kirike town is a trading port and you cannot escape Igbo influence there. After the kidnap of Ibanichuka, my great-great-grandfather was regent of Okrika and his Wari contained more slaves than freemen. I even stumbled across an interview with one of his slaves from Umahia some years back. All those slaves and their descendants are now Kirike from George ama so you can assume that by blood, there is more Igbo blood in George than native. Same for every trading Ama in Okrika who comprise the bulk of our population. Only those who stuck to traditional fishing occupation can claim to be fully native in blood.

Okrika population more than tripled over the palm oil trade period, so you can guess where that extra population came from - Igbo land. The same is true for Kalabari, Nembe, Brass and Ibani but in the case of Okrika and Kalabari, our language was never overwhelmed unlike Ibani who took more immigrants. Ibani population was only 3,000 before they started trading. By the time they finished trading, Igbo immigration had overwhelmed their native population. One of the arguments enemies of the King of Nembe used to make against him is he is descended from Igbos. That goes to show you the extent of Igbo migration to Ijaw City-States during Palm Oil trade.
I think you are fairer and not bias in your assessment. You seem to be very informed and actually come from there given the accuracy and knowledge of the place and history for the past 10 years on this forum. You are very informed.
This is the difference between you and worworboy who could not even name one town in Okirika nor the history but claim to be from there nor the others who are rather fuelled by propaganda but zero truth.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2021
Allen102:
You mean Okrika town or Wakirike as a whole? The 11 clans of Wakirike are all found by ijaw migrants, them speaking igbo is something that is impossible,so this talk of causing problems for our unborn children is not going to happen. Any igbo or those that speaks igbo in the Wakirike communities don't belong there, Okrikans are more than willing to let the likes of ibime and his elders or any other igbos in Okrika go back to where they come from, go and ask about Nkoro people.

Yet, you do not know half of what Ibime knows.... Yet, you are not from there. I know at least two people from Okirika that speaks better Igbo than I do, but no one is saying that that is their first language. Many of them are bilingual, however, they are full Okirikans.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackSaints: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2021
Abagworo:

I know people from Ogu/Bolo that speak Igbo for example Honorable Evans Bipi.
Oga Ogu/Bolo people don't have any conncetions with igbos except in marriage. Any Ogu man or woman who speak igbo learn the language from his or her mother. No make me vex.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Allen102: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

Yet, you do not know half of what Ibime knows.... Yet, you are not from there. I know at least two people from Okirika that speaks better Igbo than I do, but no one is saying that that is their first language. Many of them are bilingual, however, they are full Okirikans.
Any Okrika who speaks igbo don't have full Okrika roots it is impossible! Any Okrika who speaks igbo don't belong in the Wakirike communities. When the time comes, they will go back to where they come from.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by WorWorBoy: 10:56am On Jan 25, 2021
Allen102:

You have said it all, no need to type anything again.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by RedboneSmith(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2021
Logan23:

Okrika is igbo

No, it is not. It is Ijaw. This type of talk is part of the reason some of them here are actively denying well-known and well-documented facts about their ancient interactions with the Igbo.

A significant number of them descend from assimilated Igbos, but they are not Igbo today, and that's that.

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Abagworo(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
BlackSaints:
Oga Ogu/Bolo people don't have any conncetions with igbos except in marriage. Any Ogu man or woman who speak igbo learn the language from his or her mother. No make me vex.

Kitikpa gbapia gi onu there. The issue is not about whether you learnt or not after all you learnt English, Pidgin and any other language you speak. The issue is that Okrika speaks Igbo as a 2nd language like English. Why must you deny this glaring truth? Okrika is not Igbo of course but it is clear there is enough Igbo infusion through marriage especially and other interactions. To get back a purer breed Okrikans need to stop marrying Igbo or even Rivers people and focus more on Ijaw areas of Bayelsa and Delta State. It will take about 300 to 400 years of doing that to achieve a purer Ijaw DNA.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
Allen102:
Any Okrika who speaks igbo don't have full Okrika roots it is impossible! Any Okrika who speaks igbo don't belong in the Wakirike communities. When the time comes, they will go back to where they come from.
Are you from Okirika? Do you know a single person from Okirika?
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
Abagworo:

Kitikpa gbapia gi onu there. The issue is not about whether you learnt or not after all you learnt English, Pidgin and any other language you speak. The issue is that Okrika speaks Igbo as a 2nd language like English. Why must you deny this glaring truth? Okrika is not Igbo of course but it is clear there is enough Igbo infusion through marriage especially and other interactions. To get back a purer breed Okrikans need to stop marrying Igbo or even Rivers people and focus more on Ijaw areas of Bayelsa and Delta State. It will take about 300 to 400 years of doing that to achieve a purer Ijaw DNA.
More like 2000 years... It takes a long time to erase a DNA that is probably 60 to 40 or even 40 to 60 Ijaw : Igbo at this point in many villages.
These guys are really efforts from all püart of the border instead of working with the Igbo nation for our mutual advancement. Even from the Akwa-cross borders, some elements Are going around Facebook and other groups trying to brainwash people from Bende-Abiriba, Arochukwu zones to pledge more allegiance to those zones than to their Igbo brothers (Although that one is not working at all).
We should all rather work together for our mutual advancement.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Sinistami(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
As expected Ijaw bashing and Igbo bashing still occured here again. I don't really care though, what I'd like to see is proof from people saying Ijaws are immigrants from Ghana or whatever that came with the Europeans in the 14th century. I've searched very hard for that , I even made a thread on it but no replies. I really want to know why people say that.

https://www.nairaland.com/6229374/ijaw-originating-european-ship-servants
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackSaints: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
Abagworo:

We don't speak igbo in ogu/bolo no true Wakirikes son or daughter does.
Any Okrikan who speaks igbo learnt it or is not from there. I am not denying anything, i am telling you the truth!

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Allen102: 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ekealterego:
Are you from Okirika? Do you know a single person from Okirika?
No! I am not from Okrika, i am from congo . And no i don't know anyone from Okrika, it is you igbo man who knows everybody in Wakirike!

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Allen102: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

More like 2000 years... It takes a long time to erase a DNA that is probably 60 to 40 or even 40 to 60 Ijaw : Igbo at this point in many villages.
These guys are really efforts from all püart of the border instead of working with the Igbo nation for our mutual advancement. Even from the Akwa-cross borders, some elements Are going around Facebook and other groups trying to brainwash people from Bende-Abiriba, Arochukwu zones to pledge more allegiance to those zones than to their Igbo brothers (Although that one is not working at all).
We should all rather work together for our mutual advancement.
Okrikans are not igbo mr man! Any Okrikan who have 60% of igbo DNA is of Igbo origin (fake Okrika) they don't belong in the Wakirike se communities.
Okrikans can not form any alliance with igbos because we are not igbos to begin with. We have our own agenda which is the ijaw nation

You can come and carry those Okrikans who have 60% of igbo DNA (Fake Okrikans) We are more than happy to let them go!

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
Allen102:
Okrikans are not igbo mr man! Any Okrikan who have 60% of igbo DNA is of Igbo origin (fake Okrika) they don't belong in the Wakirike se communities.
Okrikans can not form any alliance with igbos because we are not igbos to beign with. We have our own agenda which is the ijaw nation

You can come and carry those Okrikans who have 60% of igbo DNA (Fake Okrikans) We are more than happy to let them go!
Now this Bayelsan man, you have already spoken out what you wanted. No need lying and beating round the bush.... So, that's why you want Ndoki all the way from Abia state too?

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Allen102: 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

Now this Bayelsan man, you have already spoken out what you wanted. No need lying and beating round the bush.... So, that's why you want Ndoki all the way from Abia state too?
Of course Okrika is an ijaw clan what were you thinking before? i am not from Nigeria but congo!

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

No, it is not. It is Ijaw. This type of talk is part of the reason some of them here are actively denying well-known and well-documented facts about their ancient interactions with the Igbo.

A significant number of them descend from assimilated Igbos, but they are not Igbo today, and that's that.

**This type of talk is part of the reason some of them here are actively denying well-known and well-documented facts about their ancient interactions with the Igbo**

They started denying it before u were born, dont go there.

*but they are not Igbo today*

This statement gives u away, take ur confusion out of here and learn this today, there is nothing like ijaw tribe
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2021
Allen102:

Stop being silly, but Ijaw doesn't exist, take this stupidity out of here.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
Allen102:
Of course Okrika is an ijaw clan what were you thinking before? i am not from Nigeria but congo!
Ijaw is a franchise nobody is dragging Okirika with you, there is nothing to be dragged here but that does not neutralise the truth coming from Ibime.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by RedboneSmith(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2021
Logan23:

**This type of talk is part of the reason some of them here are actively denying well-known and well-documented facts about their ancient interactions with the Igbo**

They started denying it before u were born, dont go there.

*but they are not Igbo today*

This statement gives u away, take ur confusion out of here and learn this today, there is nothing like ijaw tribe

Ngwanụ, keep your own confusion here, and continue shamelessly dragging people that are (by all reasonable parameters) not part of your ethnolinguistic arrangement. smiley cheesy

People like Abagworo are making points about relations, but you and a few others want to take things 100 steps too far.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Ngwanụ, keep your own confusion here, and continue shamelessly dragging people that are (by all reasonable parameters) not part of your ethnolinguistic arrangement. smiley cheesy

People like Abagworo are making points about relations, but you and a few others want to take things 100 steps too far.

Mechipu onu gi
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by nengibo: 1:17am On Mar 29, 2021
HopeAtHand:
@HarryDuce, my inference on this ijaw situation is solely based on observation. I've been in an environment with two Ijaws from Odi in bayelsa, one ijaw from Engenni in ahoada-west and another from elem-tombia in Degema respectively in Rivers state. The bayelsa guy spoke with his brother from odi and out of curiosity I asked the guys from engenni and Kalabari if they understood and they said not at all.

Now the Ofoni speak Urhobo but are Ijaws; the people of gelegele(that seaport area in Edo state) speak Edo but are Ijaws; apoi in ondo speak Yoruba but are ijaws;Ndoki speak Igbo but are Ijaws; Obolo speak a different language from Ibani, which is different from Abua, from Nkoroo, from Engenni, from Epie, from Nembe, from Ogbia, from Atissa. Except Kalabari and Okrika which is highly mutually intelligible, the rest is just something else. How does a scholar sincerely group all this diverse ethnicities into one unit.

There are dialect clusters and influences from neighboring tribes but the root remain the same , will an Ikwerre man that grows up in Uk, be the same with one in Rumuji
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
nengibo:

There are dialect clusters and influences from neighboring tribes but the root remain the same , will an Ikwerre man that grows up in Uk, be the same with one in Rumuji
Please, research a word before using it.. What is a dialect cluster? Ijo and Ijoid languages are very different from other language clusters in the South of Nigeria. Languages like Engenne are in a different language cluster group with Edoid languages while Ogbia is in the same cluster with Ibibio.
Kalabari and Wakrike are in the Ijoid language group.
The average Nigerian seems to know nothing about linguistic classifications.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by nengibo: 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ekealterego:

Please, research a word before using it.. What is a dialect cluster? Ijo and Ijoid languages are very different from other language clusters in the South of Nigeria. Languages like Engenne are in a different language cluster group with Edoid languages while Ogbia is in the same cluster with Ibibio.
Kalabari and Wakrike are in the Ijoid language group.
The average Nigerian seems to know nothing about linguistic classifications.

ibos always see the need to rush and talk rubish how is Ogbia in the same cluster as Ibibio

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 12:58am On Apr 01, 2021
nengibo:

ibos always see the need to rush and talk rubish how is Ogbia in the same cluster as Ibibio
If you were so bright you would have seen that they are all Cross-River and then under Delta-Cross Languages. That is why they are in the same language cluster.
Nigerian education self. You screenshot something una no still understand am.

As you can see from this tree, Ijaw and Ijoid languages are not even anywhere close to the Benue Congo language, talk more of Cross-Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by nengibo: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

If you were so bright you would have seen that they are all Cross-River and then under Delta-Cross Languages. That is why they are in the same language cluster.
Nigerian education self. You screenshot something una no still understand am.

As you can see from this tree, Ijaw and Ijoid languages are not even anywhere close to the Benue Congo language, talk more of Cross-Rivers.

Mumu go shift post as usual, don't learn basic structure before coming to show your ignorable online, maybe because Yoruba and Igbo are both Volta congo, they're the same people and speak the same language, ode
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 11:59am On Apr 01, 2021
nengibo:

Mumu go shift post as usual, don't learn basic structure before coming to show your ignorable online, maybe because Yoruba and Igbo are both Volta congo, they're the same people and speak the same language, ode
Go school una go go go... So, you do not know that Yoruboids, Edoids and Igboids all similar people?
Even Cross-Rivers is of Benue-Congo?
You were here claiming Ijaw and Ogbia are from one language cluster only for you to bring an evidence that contradicts that.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by nengibo: 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Go school una go go go... So, you do not know that Yoruboids, Edoids and Igboids all similar people?
Even Cross-Rivers is of Benue-Congo?
You were here claiming Ijaw and Ogbia are from one language cluster only for you to bring an evidence that contradicts that.
Na comprehension be your problem, Go and read the comment again and show me where I said the bolded
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by PHijo(m): 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

M EZE S.N NWAEKE JP
ONONANKWUME VI, OMUIHUEZE 1, CHAIRMAN OF OYIGBO LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS.

HRM EZE IKEAGWUCHI EKEKE.
CHAIRMAN UKWA EAST LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS OF ABIA STATE.

HRM EZE I.O NWANKWO.
SECRETARY UKWA EAST LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS.

HRM EZE DAMINABO JOSHUA

DR IDA FELIX WABOSO

Really? All these are Igbo names and only Igbos call their kings "Eze"

So if they have have Ijaw roots, I'm yet to see it, even in their kings

All those words in bold are Ijaw words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' / Olubadan, Adetunji Saliu Celebrates 91st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.