Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:09 PM

Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. (20719 Views)

DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) / What Ndoki People Say About Themselves / Brief History Of Dunukofia Clan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Abagworo(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
ijawcitizen:

Read this and be blessed with wisdom.
Pazienza, you too. You argue foolishly too.

https://amightytree.org/niger-congo-languages-and-history/

This further proves a point that 1st language is the most important factor in determining ethnicity. Okrika for example speaks 2 languages of Igbo and Wakrike but the 1st language is Wakrike which is a pointer to Ijaw root while the 2nd language of Igbo points to the Igbo influence through marriages, migrations and other interactions. Ndoki has nothing in common with Ijaw whether in looks, culture and language. Bonny comprises people of mixed ethnicity with Igbo contributing more than Ibibio and Ijaw. Anybody in doubt should do a DNA sampling of Bonny natives and give out the unbiased result.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 20, 2021
nazicartel:
no

U behave n chat like him.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 20, 2021
ijawcitizen:
Apparently, only densely ignorant and hateful souls like you would utter such nonsense about the ancient Ijo people who are the aborigines of the Niger Delta. Every other tribe met Ijaw in the Niger Delta. They are all our guests and we have them land to settle.

Yes, I said it.
We harboured Urhobo, Yoruba, Efik-Ibibio, Edo, Ikwerre, oru-igbos, ANIOMA, Ahoada etc esp the igbo migrants trying to pay claim to Ndoki founded by ancient Ijo ancestors.

Nembe, Okrika and Ogbia dont speak the same language

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by pazienza(m): 12:45am On Jan 20, 2021
Logan23:

They don't need to. Its a Franchise not an ethnicity. Language doesn't matter. Just wear resource control hat and scream "Awa Oyel", chikena!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackAdam55(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2021
pazienza:

They don't need to. Its a Franchise not an ethnicity. Language doesn't matter. Just wear resource control hat and scream "Awa Oyel", chikena!
Okrika, Kalabari and Ibani people of Bonny speak the same language.

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackAdam55(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Logan23:

Igbos don't speak the same language either
Ebonyi, Enugu, and co don't speak the same language.

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 10:57am On Jan 20, 2021
Abagworo:

This further proves a point that 1st language is the most important factor in determining ethnicity. Okrika for example speaks 2 languages of Igbo and Wakrike but the 1st language is Wakrike which is a pointer to Ijaw root [s] while the 2nd language of Igbo points to the Igbo influence through marriages, migrations and other interactions. [/s] Ndoki has nothing in common with Ijaw whether in looks, culture and language. [s] Bonny comprises people of mixed ethnicity with Igbo contributing more than Ibibio and Ijaw. Anybody in doubt should do a DNA sampling of Bonny natives and give out the unbiased result. [/s]
Liar liar, pants on fire!

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2021
Your leprous igbo fingers have nothing on Okrika people.

We have already begun the pruning of the igbo leprous hold on Ndokiland. Igbo cultural parasitism is a prowling virus that must be crushed.

To many ethnic nationalities have lost territories to igbo cultural parasitism. Ijaw nation has risen, expect the Ibibios, igalas, Idoma, etc to reclaim their stolen territories from Igboland soon, then we shall know what is left of your igbo land or biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2021
BlackAdam55:

My brother, I taya for these primitive people o, the average Ogbia man understands Nembe, Kalabari and Kolokuma dialects of the Ijaw language.

Yet these cantankerous people who can not understand themselves or speak igbo in their Ohaneze meetings are so obsessed with Ijawland esp Pazienza and Abagworo.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2021
pazienza:

See Igala man way you dey claim as igbo

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by pazienza(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2021
ijawcitizen:

See Igala man way you dey claim as igbo

His ancestors wandered into Igbo land and became acculturated into speaking Igbo as FIRST LANGUAGE.
So yes, he is Igbo. He is an Igwe and not an Attah. Any day he is tired of being Igbo, he will pack his things and relocate to Iddah.

This is how it is for all ethnic groups. There are always outsiders in their midst, but they re usually well acculturated both in names and first language.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by pazienza(m): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2021
BlackAdam55:
Where is your proof?

The major Igbo groups in Ebonyi are Ezza, Izzi, Ikwo , Ngbo, Ehugbo,and they all speak dialects of Igbo.

The only non Igbo town in Enugu is Etteh at the boundary of Enugu and Kogi. And even in Ette, the indigenes are tri ethnic, they have Idomas, Igala and Igbo speaking indigenes.

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by pazienza(m): 11:40am On Jan 20, 2021
ijawcitizen:

My brother, I taya for these primitive people o, the average Ogbia man understands Nembe, Kalabari and Kolokuma dialects of the Ijaw language.

Yet these cantankerous people who can not understand themselves or speak igbo in their Ohaneze meetings are so obsessed with Ijawland esp Pazienza and Abagworo.

Any Ogbia man that speaks Izon learnt it.

Ogbia language is Cross riverian, and has no link whatsoever to Izon.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2021
ijawcitizen:

We have already begun the pruning of the igbo leprous hold on Ndokiland. Igbo cultural parasitism is a prowling virus that must be crushed.

To many ethnic nationalities have lost territories to igbo cultural parasitism. Ijaw nation has risen, expect the Ibibios, igalas, Idoma, etc to reclaim their stolen territories from Igboland soon, then we shall know what is left of your Igbo land or biafra.
So, what do you intend to do with Ndokis in the heart of Abia state? Give them a place to relocate or live in swamp and Atlantic? Change their language and ancient surnames and culture? How will they "retrace" their step to the Ijaw nation?
Do not worry about the Igbos at the Cross River/Akwa Ibom border. You will never catch the Aros, Abiriba/Ohafia/Bende people slipping. These were people who defended that territory with pride and bravery. They wear their Igbo badge as the most important thing in the world, yet they still have pride in their respective sub-groups. You can try through another part of the border to invade the Igbo nation but you see that side, they are warriors.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by pazienza(m): 11:57am On Jan 20, 2021
Language groups in Ebonyi state.

Ikwo language:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikwo_language

Obviously an Igbo dialect.

Izzi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izi_language

Another Igbo dialect.

Mgbo
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mgbo_language

Igbo language too.

Ehugbo/Afikpo

https://globalrecordings.net/en/language/10

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackSaints: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Abagworo:

This further proves a point that 1st language is the most important factor in determining ethnicity. Okrika for example speaks 2 languages of Igbo and Wakrike but the 1st language is Wakrike which is a pointer to Ijaw root while the 2nd language of Igbo points to the Igbo influence through marriages, migrations and other interactions. Ndoki has nothing in common with Ijaw whether in looks, culture and language. Bonny comprises people of mixed ethnicity with Igbo contributing more than Ibibio and Ijaw. Anybody in doubt should do a DNA sampling of Bonny natives and give out the unbiased result.

Okrikans don't speaks two languages! Okrikans only speaks one language and it is called the Kirikeni Okwen! Igbo is an alien word to Okrikans.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Ekealterego: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
BlackSaints:

Okrikans don't speaks two languages! Okrikans only speaks one language and it is called the Kirikeni Okwen! Igbo is an alien word to Okrikans.
I do not know about today but in the early 2000s, I am sure I might a lot of people from Okirika that were bilingual. Just like the engenni people. Although they have their own distinct language, many of them especially the older generation that grew up in the town were bilingual. That is not to say that Igbo was their real native language though.
EVen today, in some areas in Oguta, people there (especially the older ones) are bilingual in Igbo and Kalabari.

Except you visit these places, you may not tell...because unlike in Europe where people jump on opportunities like this to do proper research and documentation which is available online, I believe Nigerians are lazy or not interested in these type of studies.
There is no village or town in Germany, for instance, you will not find real historical and records with proper documentation.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by pazienza(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
There is a single non Igbo group in Ebonyi called Kele/Ukuelle people.
They are found in three towns of Effium, Ntezi and Okpoto.
Everyone knows they are not Igbo and no Igbo claims them. The Igbo find it difficult to accept any people we can't understand their first language.

They make up atmost 1℅ of Ebonyi population.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2021
BlackAdam55:

Nope, we all speak the same langauge....including the igbos in kogi, benue, Edo, rivers, delta, etc.....One language.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
BlackSaints:

U havent been to okrika before

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
ijawcitizen:

Keep quiet Awusa-Afonja, Ogbia people do not understand nembe langauge pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by B2mario(m): 1:41am On Jan 21, 2021
ijawcitizen:

To many ethnic nationalities have lost territories to igbo cultural parasitism. Ijaw nation has risen, expect the Ibibios, igalas, Idoma, etc to reclaim their stolen territories from Igboland soon, then we shall know what is left of your igbo land or biafra.

Ijaws when will you stop this your land grabbing mindset, everything in Rivers state must be Ijaw even when they are speaking another language with different culture?

The holes you are digging today will definitely consume you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BrownRoofRep: 2:27am On Jan 21, 2021
BlackSaints:

Oh! Shut up please.
I personally know many Okrika and Kalabari people in Port Harcourt that speak Igbo fluently.
Sam Dede is Okrika, right?
Hilda Dokubor is Kalabari, right?

Seriously, nairaland is filled with lying piece of shits which you happen to be one of.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackSaints: 3:23am On Jan 21, 2021
BrownRoofRep:
[s]
Oh! Shut up please.
I personally know many Okrika and Kalabari people in Port Harcourt that speak Igbo fluently.

Seriously, nairaland is filled with lying piece of shits which you happen to be one of.[/s]
Igbo is an alien word to Okrikans, Okrikans don't speaks igbo

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BlackSaints: 3:24am On Jan 21, 2021
Logan23:

U havent been to okrika before
And you know this how? Pray tell! I want to know.

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by WorWorBoy: 4:19am On Jan 21, 2021
BrownRoofRep:

Oh! Shut up please.

Seriously, nairaland is filled with lying piece of shits which you happen to be one of.
It is you and that your igbo brother Logan23 that needs to shut your pathetic mouths!
We Okrikans don't speaks igbo. We have our own language Kirikeni Okwen and it sound nothing like igbo.
So, how in hell name do we Okrikans speaks igbo fluently when igbo is not our language in the first place?
Yes! Sam Dede is from Okrika, did Sam Dede tell you that he speak igbo? Even if he did, he must have learnt it!

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Abagworo(m): 8:01am On Jan 21, 2021
WorWorBoy:
It is you and that your igbo brother Logan23 that needs to shut your pathetic mouths!
We Okrikans don't speaks igbo. We have our own language Kirikeni Okwen and it sound nothing like igbo.
So, how in hell name do we Okrikans speaks igbo fluently when igbo is not our language in the first place?
Yes! Sam Dede is from Okrika, did Sam Dede tell you that he speak igbo? Even if he did, he must have learnt it!

There are people you can deceive on Nairaland but never those on ground. It's very true Okrika speaks Wakirike as 1st language but Igbo is the 2nd language. There's no need denying this open truth cause ain't nothing to lose.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BrownRoofRep: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Another wailing drunk Ijaw fisherman.
I really don't have to delve into unnecessary argument with a crying deluded bloke.
I personally know many Okrika people and Kalabari people that are very fluent in Igbo.

Sam Dede and Hilda Dokubor are just two celebrity example.
And the Igbo I hear those guys speak was not learnt.

Quit crying and face the truth, Okrika and Kalabari are just two Igbo extensions, they speak our language and have many dynasty of Igbo extraction.

Wailing on nairaland cannot change that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by WorWorBoy: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2021
BrownRoofRep:

Another wailing drunk Ijaw fisherman.
I really don't have to delve into unnecessary argument with a crying deluded bloke.
I personally know many Okrika people and Kalabari people that are very fluent in Igbo.

Sam Dede and Hilda Dokubor are just two celebrity example.
And the Igbo I hear those guys speak was not learnt.

Quit crying and face the truth, Okrika and Kalabari are just two Igbo extensions, they speak our language and have many dynasty of Igbo extraction.

Wailing on nairaland cannot change that.
We Okrikans don't speak igbo! There are no clans in the Wakirike communities that speaks igbo no single one!
So What you know is nothing but wishful thinking and that is how it is going to be, wishful thinking and nothing more!
Any Okrikans who speaks igbo learn the language as Okrikans are not related to igbos in anyway. Okrika is an ijaw clan and will always be.

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by BrownRoofRep: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
WorWorBoy:
We Okrikans don't speak igbo! There are no clans in the Wakirike communities that speaks igbo no single one!
So What you know is nothing but wishful thinking and that is how it is going to be, wishful thinking and nothing more!
Any Okrikans who speaks igbo learn the language as Okrikans are not related to igbos in anyway. Okrika is an ijaw clan and will always be.

Hahaha
Anyone can come over Nairaland and claim some random trash.
In Port Harcourt, I have met a lot of people from Okrika that speak Igbo fluently.

Why am I even wasting my time with cry babies here?
The last time you said Igbo has never ruled any clan of Okrika or Ijaw as a whole, after showing you the full proof you ran away.

Who is deceiving who?
You may be one drunk Ijaw fisherman in the creek Sagbama, Beyelsa claiming Okrika on Nairaland.
Like, who from Okrika and Kalabari is not aware that Igbo is well spoken there?
Patience Jonathan, Okrika woman with Igbo mother was born and brought up in Rivers state and like many Okrika people, she speak Igbo.

Dude go back to the creek and continue gulping your ogogoro, that's afterall what your likes are good at.

7 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by WorWorBoy: 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
BrownRoofRep:

Hahaha
Anyone can come over Nairaland and claim some random trash.
In Port Harcourt, I have met a lot of people from Okrika that speak Igbo fluently.

Why am I even wasting my time with cry babies here?
The last time you said Igbo has never ruled any clan of Okrika or Ijaw as a whole, after showing you the full proof you ran away.

Who is deceiving who?
You may be one drunk Ijaw fisherman in the creek Sagbama, Beyelsa claiming Okrika on Nairaland.
Like, who from Okrika and Kalabari is not aware that Igbo is well spoken there?
Patience Jonathan, Okrika woman with Igbo mother was born and brought up in Rivers state and like many Okrika people, she speak Igbo.

Dude go back to the creek and continue gulping your ogogoro, that's afterall what your likes are good at.
I don't claim where i don't belong to,i am from Okrika no Okrikans man or woman alike like to associate themselves with igbo no one. Igbos are the ones who like to tag Okrikans with igbo every damn time, just like you are doing now with patience Jonathan i wonder why!
It is you igbos who are deceiving yourselves, Okrikans who fought against igbos durning the war are now igbos? Lmao does that sound normal to you? lol
As for patientce Jonathan speaking igbo, we are still saying the same thing, she learnt it from her mother. Okrikans don't speak igbo! Any Okrikans who speaks igbos learn the language! There are no communities in Okrika who speaks igbo.
Igbos rule over Okrikans? in your dreams.

We Okrikans are ijaws, we don't have anything in common with igbos who are drug lords,fraudsters human traffickers,prostitutes,ritualist(Otokoto),product of baby factories and one chance criminals.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by IDENNAA(m): 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
[quote author=WorWorBoy post=98294571]I don't claim where i don't belong to,i am from Okrika no Okrikans man or woman alike like to associate themselves with igbo no one. Igbos are the ones who like to tag Okrikans with igbo every damn time, just like you are doing now with patience Jonathan i wonder why!
It is you igbos who are deceiving yourselves, Okrikans who fought against igbos durning the war are now igbos? Lmao dose it sound normal to you? lol
As for patientce Jonathan speaking igbo, we are still saying the same thing, she learnt it from her mother. Okrikans don't speak igbo! Any Okrikans who speaks igbos learn the language! There are no communities in Okrika who speaks igbo.
Igbos rule over Okrikans? in your dreams.

We Okrikans are ijaws, we don't have anything in common with igbos who are drug lords, fraudsters, human traffickers, prostitutes, ritualist(Otokto), product of baby factories, and one chance criminals.
[/quot

So , you don't think that being a border community may have allowed some migration across borders and cultural influences. Why are Africans this dense ? Then , you went ahead to degrade the Igbo...lol. Why do you think you can achieve with that ? Can Okrika feed Ndigbo ? Anything Okrika has achieved little Obosi probably has achieved same ten times more. Calm down because you can win the Igbo nation this way. Eventually, every tribe East of Niger will speak Igbo. Igbo are the true Super power of southern Nigeria and their dominance is just starting again after the war in 1966 -1970.

You can't win by coming online to insult Ndigbo. Be humble and diplomatic and your communities will be remembered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Magnificent Black Skin's Worth. / Igwe Barr. Kenneth Maduka's Birthday: Dr. Maduka Celebrates His Brother / Oba Olufemi Ogunleye Graduates With 2nd Class In Law At 73

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.