Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,152 members, 7,780,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:41 AM

Babcock University In Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University In Pictures (36649 Views)

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two / Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) / DISCLAIMER - Babcock University's Official Statement On A Story By Alaba Ajibola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by fmlala: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2019
shocked
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by ogbonti: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
SCHOOLS EVERYWHERE in nigeria minting "unemployable" GRADUATES

WHERE are the skills aquisition centers to produce blue collar workers and Entrepreneurs?

I mean where are the vocational schools to teach people how to make things with their hands? fix things with their hands, earn a living?

hMMMM... WE LOVE CHASING SHADOWS ALOT IN NIGERIA

BTW, why Ben Carson? An American who does not give a rat azz about you is what u are naming your college of medicine after?

Do you think there will be a WOLE SOYINKA college of liberal Arts in any University in the US? OR Olikoye Ramsome Kuti School of Medicine in any University in the UK? Black man grow up! EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY

1 Like

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by chloride6: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
HigherEd:
NB: Babcock University was funded and built by the Adventist Church through a 20 year loan repayment plan, way back in 1999.

This is the reason why the university is quite expensive than her peers. Babcock has had to request high fees to keep up her standards. However the Adventist Church still supports the university by providing at least 2% of the total university budget. The University appears to use loan financing as her major method of financing her projects. This would include Babcock Business School which was some years commissioned.

Babcock University was funded and built by the Adventist Church through a 20 year loan repayment plan, way back in 1999

Loan from who?

Who will give you a 20 year loan ?
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
kemicalreaction:
angry

For uploading that rod

Spits

Which rod. Anyways good aftanun sir.

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
cool

Government should privatise education. Or hand it over to missions.

Even if it is expensive, with working student loans, one can still attend.

It is a good idea, but it isn't popular.

I know a student who was so poor he even could not afford the cheap fee of his government university.

But he graduated, and now works for a big company and earns big money.

If univerisites had been privatised, he would have never been able to go to school.

Loans are another issue. In the US, many students struggle to pay loans even when they graduate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
chloride6:

Babcock University was funded and built by the Adventist Church through a 20 year loan repayment plan, way back in 1999

Loan from who?

A mortgage is an example of that type of loan.

A bank would give you say 20million to build a bungalow, and you pay back the loan in installments and with interests over say 30 years.

That is what Babcock did

1 Like

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by columbus007(m): 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Lyoncrescent:
Great Babcockite. Its a good school because of the people you get to meet there but to be honest their research output is quite poor especially when you compare it with Covenant Uni. They also have some very lackluster lecturers who are only there because they are members of the seventh day Adventist fold. The food back then was suicide but if i had to choose which private university my child or family member will attend, i will consider Covenant Uni and Afe Babalola Uni before i consider babcock. Nice pictures though. I believe babcock,covenant,abuad,abti american and pan atlantic uni(lagos business school) should form a kind of ivy league private university association to conduct research and exchange knowledge and other ideas in a bid to improve excellence.
nice reports bout your formal un bros,but you didn't tell the forum what nd what happens there,like some of those crazy girls,what they do behind closed doors, i know every.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
Perfectdanny:

Which rod. Anyways good aftanun sir.
angry angry
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by ntyce(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
If you see the sign of the Night King, pls signify.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
kemicalreaction:
angry angry

Sir are you still angry oya sorry. One love

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Imo1stson: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
This looks like a cult symbol

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by seueh: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
ogbonti:
SCHOOLS EVERYWHERE in nigeria minting "unemployable" GRADUATES

WHERE are the skills aquisition centers to produce blue collar workers and Entrepreneurs?

I mean where are the vocational schools to teach people how to make things with their hands? fix things with their hands, earn a living?

hMMMM... WE LOVE CHASING SHADOWS ALOT IN NIGERIA

BTW, why Ben Carson? An American who does not give a rat azz about you is what u are naming your college of medicine after?

Do you think there will be a WOLE SOYINKA college of liberal Arts in any University in the US? OR Olikoye Ramsome Kuti School of Medicine in any University in the UK? Black man grow up! EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY

I hope you have checked properly on internet if that name(Ben Carson) has anything to do with Seventh Day Adventist Church or anything related to medicine, don't just type anything on internet,

3 Likes

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by vioment: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
E try but still dusty like the rest of nigeria. If you take that same camera to any serious country, the visuals go just dey burst person brain.

This is one of the serious universities in Nigeria in terms of actually studying, but when you are surrounded by unserious universities, they pull you down.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by masseratti: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
nurez305:
Kwara poly is even better than this overated school angry
no my dear, Kwara poly is on the same rate with my public primary school, don't beef am not even Babcock alumni, but please don't compare even Kwara poly to Babcock.

5 Likes

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by tonye33(m): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
I can't find my name among the notable Alumni �
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by ghettochild4u(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2019
HigherEd:
Officially inaugurated on April 20, 1999, Babcock University is the pioneer private University in Nigeria.
--
Babcock is amomg the best privately owned universities in Nigeria and is Highly rated in Africa when it comes to Education and research. its environment is one of the most beautiful in Nigeria.
-
�AWARDS
• First Accredited Private University in Nigeria
• Among Universities in Nigeria to produce first class graduates at the Bar exams from the Nigeria Law School.
• Ranked among the top 20 universities with the most employable graduates in Nigeria (STUTERN)
• 1st University to clinch the World Branding Forum’s Best Brand Award (Education category, Nigeria) four times consecutively.
• First University in Nigeria to get all courses accredited within the first four years of establishing its medical school
--
Notable Alumni
• @davidoofficial - Nigerian Music Superstar
• @shollsman - CEO Paystack
• Olumide Oworu - Nigerian actor
• Alex Usifo - Veteran Nigerian actor

Alex usifo joined b.u as lecturer.. He's not an alumni except u wanna refer to him doing his PhD there
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by observanc1: 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2019
nurez305:
Kwara poly is even better than this overated school angry
na lie. Pure lie. Provide proof

1 Like

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by observanc1: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
Dareal90s:
Every good thing is on Yoruba land. Dem swear for Yoruba's to always av good things in their possession. I love that school meehn.
futminna is in yorubaland?
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by ghettochild4u(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
TANID:
Ok
That female hostel...we never knew that was how the shape was all those years...
Thanks to this aeriel view
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by observanc1: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
chloride6:

Loan from who?

if u are a reputable organization, with good business plan, banks will.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
HigherEd:
Babcock university is also the private university with the largest student body in Nigeria(3,000/year). Followed closely by Afe babalola university (2000/year)
and then Covenant University(1,500/year)

Babcock is also the 2nd private University after Covenant with the highest Jamb applications in Nigeria.

Together the three universities(BU,ABUAD,CU) form 30% of all enrollment in private universities.

Codetemplar asuustrike1
CU has the highest Jamb applicant yet their intake are lesser than Babcock how come?
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by observanc1: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
seueh:

I hope you have checked properly on internet if that name(Ben Carson) has anything to do with Seventh Day Adventist Church or anything related to medicine, don't just type anything on internet,
ben carson is american. Dont u have nigerians that have such?
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by observanc1: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2019
masseratti:
no my dear, Kwara poly is on the same rate with my public primary school, don't beef am not even Babcock alumni, but please don't compare even Kwara poly to Babcock.
u can imagine mindset of nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by throwaway: 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
Dareal90s:

Every good thing is on Yoruba land. Dem swear for Yoruba's to always av good things in their possession. I love that school meehn.
Tribalist
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by OILOFGLADNESS: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
HigherEd:
Officially inaugurated on April 20, 1999, Babcock University is the pioneer private University in Nigeria.
--
Babcock is amomg the best privately owned universities in Nigeria and is Highly rated in Africa when it comes to Education and research. its environment is one of the most beautiful in Nigeria.
-
�AWARDS
• First Accredited Private University in Nigeria
• Among Universities in Nigeria to produce first class graduates at the Bar exams from the Nigeria Law School.
• Ranked among the top 20 universities with the most employable graduates in Nigeria (STUTERN)
• 1st University to clinch the World Branding Forum’s Best Brand Award (Education category, Nigeria) four times consecutively.
• First University in Nigeria to get all courses accredited within the first four years of establishing its medical school
--
Notable Alumni
• @davidoofficial - Nigerian Music Superstar
• @shollsman - CEO Paystack
• Olumide Oworu - Nigerian actor
• Alex Usifo - Veteran Nigerian actor

HMMMM, SMALL WORLD, SEE MY SISTER IN THE PIX OOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
PLEASE @ POSTER ...... ARE YOU IN THE PIX!, MY SIS SPOTTED THEREIN IS PRESENTLY DOING HER HOUSEMANSHIP .

GOOD SCHOOL....
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Maski87: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
I wonder if the have cult
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by atalawils: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is much finer in terms of aesthetic beauty.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by myself13: 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
Satan66:
School of prostitutes
I just hope there's no afonjas schooling there before they form a skull mining industry!
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by OdenKelechi(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
rainmoredays:
Babcork, my dream unu
Make it happen bro
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by OdenKelechi(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
sonnie10:
Why does that Ariel view (second to the last picture) look like something constructed by the Germans in the 40s?
That's the 1st female hostel to be built on the campus and so far it's still the strongest. It's called Nyberg Hall

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Sylvia Nduaguba Chinwedu, IMSU Best Graduating Mechanical Engineering Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.