Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him (6346 Views)

Ateke Tom Didn’t Endorse Resurrection Of Biafra –monarch - Radio Niger Delta. / Ateke Tom Unveiled As Grand Patron Of Messengers Of Peace / Ateke Tom To Buhari: Treat Anyone Who Returns To The Creeks As A Common Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him by omamokta: 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
Mr Ateke Tom, a former dreaded militant leader has left the shores of the country for medical treatment abroad following the mysterious sickness that struck him a few months ago.

The dreaded ex-militant who embraced the federal governments amnesty at the eleventh hour in the month of October last year, has been hit by a strange and dangerous ailment that has reduced him to vegetable.

He was said to have left the shores of the country with the help of some concerned people and politicians of Rivers State who know the implication of allowing him to suffer and die like a dog.

Inside sources in Ateke’s camp has it that their master was actually struck by a mysterious ailment that has defied medical explanation and treatment, thereby reducing his chances of making it to zero before he hurriedly and secretly departed to one of the Middle East/Asian country for effective medical attention.

The young man, who told Niger Delta Standard that he should not be quoted, disclosed that, “we don’t know the kind sickness that knocked our oga down, the thing is very serious to the extent that the strange ailment took his speech power. His belly, limbs and face are swollen, while big boils have overtaken his entire body.

His sex organ or genital has alledgedly elongated to ground level. His eyes are poping out out of their socket, while his body emits terrible and unbearable stench that can sack a whole community. My brother, master is in a terrible state. As I speak, I am ready to repent genuinely and follow God.

In the same vein, if he is able to survive, I think master will turn away from his evil ways and become a pastor in the vineyard of our lord Jesus Christ”, the Ateke follower told our correspondent in a husky voice in a telephone interview.

Another big boy of the infamous Niger Delta Vigilante Movement, a militant ggroup which was founded by the Okrika born freedom fighter told Niger Delta Standard if not for God, Ateke Tom would have died last month, adding that perhaps God is keeping to teach him a lesson, a lesson all of us will learn from with time”, he said.

“Bros, the thing wey me I see, fear me well well. You no go believe say our master who used to give order anyhow, no fit talk again. Him just dey look, e no dey talk. Him no fit recognize any of him boys again. Apart from say some kind smell dey come out from him body, him whle body don swell well well, and boils wey big like my hand don take him body”, he revealed.

Still from the same camp of Ateke Tom, a young man who gave his name as Iyalla Tamuno, expressed disappointment over the Federal Government post amnesty programme, regretted that if militants had known, they would not have surrendered their arms to embrace the late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s amnesty programme “my brother, amnesty na big Bleep up. How can they trick us to surrender our fire power only government to abandon us with source of livelihood again? Besides that, the government has turned back to start killing our boys who genuinely embraced amnesty, they are not committed to the programme.

The other day they fall Commander Soboma George, they put the cause of his dead on his boys, now they want to kill our master, it will not work. They should pray that Ateke Tom does not die. If he dies, there will be blood bath, tension, and insecurity in Rivers State because we would not take that.

The Governor for our State (Rivers) does not like him. It is not impossible if they team up to do away with him because they want to rig next election to return to office”, he stated without fear of being hunted by the accused.
In his homeland in Okrika where Ateke hails from, there was mixed reactions on the state of health of Ateke Tom whose former enclave has been turned into an educational institution by the present administration.

While some are jubilating over the news of his bad health and even praying seriously for him to die, others are praying are praying for his recovery because according to them, he drew the attention of the world to Okrika and even helped in sending many people to school, feed many widows and foot hospital bills to many in their native Okrika.

Niger Delta Standard gathered that the former militant leader whose escapades brought down the oil fortune of the country, left many family fatherless, creating more widowhood situation in the land, was struck by a strange ailment.
As at last week, his health condition had grossly deteriorated leaving his faithful, loyalist and hangers-on panicking that he may not survive.

Our checks revealed that Ateke Tom, fell ill a month ago and when it became obvious that he may not survive the long knife of the mysterious sickness, he hurriedly and secretly left for abroad this Monday through the help of some concerned Rivers politicians who considered his continued existence relevant to the state and Nigeria at large.
Interestingly, both the Ameachi’s government and the Abuja politicians from Rivers State have denied any knowledge of Ateke Tom’s trip abroad.

The spokesman to Governor Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi, Mr. Blessing Wikina, told our correspondent that whether the ex-militant leader was sick and whether he has gone overseas is not the business of Rivers state government.
In his words “Governor who detests militancy does not dine with militants, not just Ateke Tom. I don’t think my Governor, no matter how good he is would foot the medical bill of any militant, so please let not the press drag my boss and his government into the issue of Ateke’s health and his subsequent trip abroad.
Governor Ameachi’s position is clear, he simply does encourage or support militancy whether ex or present”, he stated categorically.
The former State Governor, Dr. Peter Odili has also denied his involvement and support for Ateke Tom. Odili who spoke through his media adviser, Mr. Emmah Okah in a telephone interview, expressed surprise over the overseas trip of Ateke Tom.
‘I am not aware, I am just hearing this for the first time. You are the one who has fed me with this information. Truly Oga does not have any knowledge about this: he said succinctly.
It was however alledged that some powerful politicians of Dr. Odili’s camp were behind the sponsorship of the medical trip of Ateke Tom abroad to save his life and the peace of Rivers State
Source: Niger Delta Standard
Re: Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him by 0Edward0(m): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2010
link my friend
Re: Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2010
The evil that men do these days live  with them. . . . .Nemesis has finally catch up with the id!ot.
Re: Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him by Beaf: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2010
0Edward0:

link my friend

This is it; http://nigerdeltastandard.com/?p=1917

@topic
The former State Governor, Dr. Peter Odili has also denied his involvement and support for Ateke Tom. Odili who spoke through his media adviser, Mr. Emmah Okah in a telephone interview, expressed surprise over the overseas trip of Ateke Tom.
‘I am not aware, I am just hearing this for the first time. You are the one who has fed me with this information. Truly Oga does not have any knowledge about this: he said succinctly.
It was however alledged that some powerful politicians of Dr. Odili’s camp were behind the sponsorship of the medical trip of Ateke Tom abroad to save his life and the peace of Rivers State.

He is Odili's boy.
Re: Ateke Tom Goes Abroad, …as Mysterious Ailment Struck Him by 0Edward0(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
When him kill innocent people tire, come take amnesty form say him dey good, who tell am say the gods of the land dey sleep, all the blood we him spill nkor, IF YOU KILL BY THE JUJU, YOU GO DIE BY THE JUJU

ONE BY ONE dem don dey die, ONE BY ONE dem don dey die, ONE BY ONE dem don dey die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Presented With Central Bank Governor Of Year Award / Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! / President Jonathan Wishes Buhari A Happy Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.