Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? (5482 Views)

What Do You Mostly Use Phoenix Browser For? / Phoenix Browser Discussion Thread / How To Download Videos On Android Using Phoenix Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by phxafrica: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hey guys, heard about Phoenix Browser? It is a really cool light-weight mobile browser that has amazing features such as fast browsing, video detector and downloads, instant gaming, news on the go, private browser and many more.

For some of us that have already used the browser, what are our thoughts on the browser, especially compared with other popular browsers such as Opera Mini and UC Browser?

Just in case you have not tried it out, you can download it from Google Play Store by using this link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.transsion.phoenix

Or, just check your phone. It has probably been there all along and you never noticed.

Let’s hear your views in the comment box.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Whizpeter(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
That rubbish browser that Tecno and Co force on us?
No, thank you.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Reeberry: 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
Whizpeter:

No, thank you.
They are really forcing that app on us. I hate the browser.
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Whizpeter(m): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2019
Reeberry:

Tecno can't ever associate with anything good.

That browser is slower than Internet explorer.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Reeberry: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2019
Whizpeter:

Tecno can't ever associate with anything good.

That browser is slower than Internet explorer.
Not only Tecno. 90% of android phone brands. Infinix too.
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by phxafrica: 10:18am On Apr 25, 2019
Whizpeter:

No, thank you.

What don't you like about the browser?
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by blaquemyc: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2019
a very useless browser, if only I can uninstall it
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by DlawTECHY(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2019
Reeberry:
What is your definition of 90% android. Please stop that o. I use Huawai, my friend use Samsung, my roommate uses xiaomi... I haven't seen any Phoenix browser.. It was only when I was using tecno I saw that mumu browser

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by GraGra247(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2019
The browser can gulp data like water. 1Gb will will only open two web pages on the browser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by ken6488(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2019
blaquemyc:

Unless you Root your device not advisable

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by phxafrica: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Reeberry:

Can you be a bit more specific about what you don't like about the browser?
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by phxafrica: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2019
GraGra247:
The browser can gulp data like water. 1Gb will will only open two web pages on the browser.

Except you are downloading a heavy file, it is highly unlikely that you spend 1GB on opening two pages on the browser. Phoenix Browser is optimized for mobile phones and hence reduces the amount of data used in opening pages.
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by phxafrica: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2019
blaquemyc:

What exactly don't you like about the browser?
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by blaquemyc: 10:41am On Apr 25, 2019
phxafrica:

What exactly don't you like about the browser?
it's very slow in loading pages and uses way more data than even chrome
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by blaquemyc: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2019
phxafrica:

Except you are downloading a heavy file, it is highly unlikely that you spend 1GB on opening two pages on the browser. Phoenix Browser is optimized for mobile phones and hence reduces the amount of data used in opening pages.
try opening nairaland and watch your data counter to see how it sucks data and then compare it to other browsers

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by ken6488(m): 10:54am On Apr 25, 2019
blaquemyc:
try opening nairaland and watch your data counter to see how it sucks data and then compare it to other browsers

I love opera

I forced stop phonix along time

Try opera

No opera mini

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Whizpeter(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
phxafrica:

What don't you like about the browser?

EVERYTHING!
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Reeberry: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
DlawTECHY:

What is your definition of 90% android. Please stop that o. I use Huawai, my friend use Samsung, my roommate uses xiaomi... I haven't seen any Phoenix browser.. It was only when I was using tecno I saw that mumu browser
Infinix, Tecno, Gionee, itel and some.
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Kelvdums(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2020
The browser is just too slow.
Even opera mini is faster than it

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Zeroenochone(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2020
I don't like the interface and the way it messes with webpage layout sometimes

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Kvngfrosh(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
Reeberry:
Which 90% it can only be found in transsion holdings devices.
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by allandutch: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
Used to be good, when it was a simple lightweight browser. Now, even though it still lightweight, it's just annoying.

And, Why is Xender always trying to force it on me?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by edoairways: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
DlawTECHY:

Well it is a bloat app on many xiaomi phones now

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by edoairways: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Which 90% it can only be found in transsion holdings devices.
Many xiaomi phones have it
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Samyd18: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
edoairways:

Sure about this
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Samyd18: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
allandutch:
Used to be good, when it was a simple lightweight browser. Now, even though it still lightweight, it's just annoying.

And, Why is Xender always trying to force it on me?

Use to be good browser before....
. . 1... Not lights weight
2.... Doesn't mobilize site / mobile view (data saving)
3... Auto detect video gone
4.. file manager unnecessary

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Dexterfire: 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
edoairways:

This is a blatant lie. angry angry
No xiaomi device comes with phoenix browser pre-installed

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by edoairways: 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dexterfire:

This is a blatant lie. angry angry
No xiaomi device comes with phoenix browser pre-installed
My xiaomi note 8 has it so don't say what you don't know
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by Dexterfire: 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2020
edoairways:

My xiaomi note 8 has it so don't say what you don't know
Oga, this is my current phone and I have never seen this app in it. You might have installed the app from somewhere else or even xender undecided undecided

Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by ambitiouschap17: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dexterfire:

Oga, this is my current phone and I have never seen this app in it. You might have installed the app from somewhere else or even xender undecided undecided

You don't know him, that's why you are taking your time to reply him
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by edoairways: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dexterfire:

Ok
Re: What Do You Think About Phoenix Browser? by edoairways: 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
ambitiouschap17:

You don't know him, that's why you are taking your time to reply him
Apologies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Go For Samsung A20 Or Iphone 6s / MTN SeasonOfSurprises Is Here Again, Mtn Users Get In Here / Nokia N900 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.