Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Please How Do I Stop This - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Do I Stop This (11964 Views)

How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:46am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Thanks, I will be putting this into practise.

Also, or rather most important stop talking to yourself. The voices in your head is leading yku6a wrong path. Subtle mental unfitness cry

Start giving people the benefit of a doubt.

Please study conflict avoidant behavior as its deeply rooted in this
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Thank you.
I avoid every chance of talking to/with people.
There's this neighbour that started coming close to me, trying to gist with me and all, I still find it irritating.

I just don't like talking to people, I really wish to stop but it's getting serious. cry

Phew. I know how you feel. The truth is, you can't totally leave that shell, but you can be a little more outgoing. I really don't have any corrective measures to prescribe for you because I'm exactly like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Phew. I know how you feel. The truth is, you can't totally leave that shell, but you can be a little more outgoing. I really don't have any corrective measures to prescribe for you because I'm exactly like you.

I suggest you both befriend yourselves. It can help you both... cheesy trust me.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:48am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Your last paragraph summarizes it all. I'm worried about the same thing too. I can't even sustain new relationships because I feel I don't need anybody. I just drift off..

I think you need a therapist abi na psychiatrist. I even need it more.
God help us.
Even where I'm working now, the Manager has called me severally on this communication issue, I gave him my own reply and it wasn't even looking like I heeded to his advise cos I will be leaving there soon.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Martin0(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:
I mean, even for old people. This scary and it's becoming worse everyday.

eheh! this matter serious ooo! wait oo are you into any form of "Dating"?
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:50am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

I read your thread. Do you know they say habits form by doing things repeatedly overtime for a period of 20days. Begin to let people win you in arguments voluntarily not proving your right.

Declutter your mind by changing the movies you watch and friends you hang out with

Stay away from controversial circumstances

Make new friends new company, do things differently. If you do this, mental flexibility will be developed and you can see people as they are right or wrong and accommodate them better

Finally, learn to be responsive not reactive. Wait till you hear the last word from people before you talk. Practice silence and thought management. Do not let your thoughts roam and rule you over.

Thanks for your prescription. How do I practice silence and thought management? Are there books to read on that?
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks for your prescription. How do I practice silence and thought management? Are there books to read on that?

Yours is special from hers o. Your a virgo an, you should understand yours is nature. Rather than try to kill it, men how did I undo mine o. Na long story.

You're a virgo so it's this way for all of us.

Try not to react to pictures your brain shows you. I use a sit down and wait approach for example. If anything happens, no matter if the house is burning, I simply say I'll wait for all sides to be heard before I hush. This enforces your inner core to be less frantic and more rational so it doesn't excessively throw you off balance.

Cosmicdroid come view this thread please and back me up

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Nne, I pray things get better.
I do go out with my day 1s friends, but in a very long time.
Say, once in 4-6 months.

Worst is that, ive started strategizing on how to avoid people when I go to camp.
Lol
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Nne, I pray things get better.
I do go out with my day 1s friends, but in a very long time.
Say, once in 4-6 months.

Worst is that, ive started strategizing on how to avoid people when I go to camp.
Lol

Told ya, it forces you to see things before they happen. You have an escape plan hatched for everything. James bond grin
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:54am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Also, or rather most important stop talking to yourself. The voices in your head is leading yku6a wrong path. Subtle mental unfitness cry

Start giving people the benefit of a doubt.

Please study conflict avoidant behavior as its deeply rooted in this
I Will, surely.

Thank you so much.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Told ya, it forces you to see things before they happen. You have an escape plan hatched for everything. James bond grin
Lol. Funny but true. grin
That's what have been going through my mind since this year. grin

Lol
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

God help us.
Even where I'm working now, the Manager has called me severally on this communication issue, I gave him my own reply and it wasn't even looking like I heeded to his advise cos I will be leaving there soon.

Yea. Communication is often a problem for an introvert. In public places/gatherings, when I sit with people and they discuss, I just remain silent all through listening and listening and they wonder why I don't chip in to their discussions. Some think I'm dumb or totally clueless/unintelligent to join in the discourse, but to me, I find it a problem to talk or start talking over petty/trivial issues that don't concern me. People usually think I'm snobbish, cold or being proud but they're just totally wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Teachings of the soul. Mastering the soul. Google will help. As a Christian, I follow the Christianity way, and for this l only found two persons who wrote on this one is Watchman Née. Go find his book The Spiritual man
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Lol. Funny but true. grin
That's what have been going through my mind since this year. grin

Lol

I can bet you've suspected me twice already cheesy
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yea. Communication is often a problem for an introvert. In public places/gatherings, when I sit with people and they discuss, I just remain silent all through listening and listening and they wonder why I don't chip in to their discussions. Some think I'm dumb or totally clueless/unintelligent to join in the discourse, but to me, I find it a problem to talk or start talking over petty/trivial issues that don't concern me. People usually think I'm snobbish, cold or being proud but they're just totally wrong.
Exactly.

Lol, I remembered when I was in school, nobody knew me till 300level when the result was pasted and I was second best in GP.
That was how I got noticed in dept. embarassed
I had only one friend in school till I left

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:00am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

I can bet you've suspected me twice already cheesy
Lool. grin grin
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2019
Can we move this thread to Fp please for people with similar issues mods...

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Lool. grin grin

Stop living for your thoughts. Your fears and insecurities are hindering you from forming meaningful relations with people. Start online, make friends outside your familiar zone.

Begin the change you want offline online.

Start engaging in practical meaningful discussions engaging new persons staying away from old friends if possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Teachings of the soul. Mastering the soul. Google will help. As a Christian, I follow the Christianity way, and for this l only found two persons who wrote on this one is Watchman Née. Go find his book The Spiritual man
I really need any Christian book that can help me.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Acidosis(m): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2019
There are no medals for greeting people. You are absolutely normal. You can have 1000 friends and 5000 WhatsApp contacts and be useless in life. You can have few and still achieve your purpose on earth.

You're not on earth to associate with everyone you meet. Jesus Christ met a lot, had only 12 loyalists and his family, 3 close associates, and he achieved his purpose while on earth.

Bottom line is that know why you are here. Understand your purpose in life and work in that direction.

If you have the means, you can also consider moving to highly introverted countries like Austria, Denmark, Sweden, etc. where people love to mind their business. Nigeria is one of world's most extroverted countries, where people feel they have the right to your greeting, the right to come to your party/house uninvited, the right to train and 'untrain' your kids, and the right to insult you when you don't feed their ego.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

I really need any Christian book that can help me.

Find the spiritual man by Watchman Née part one to three.

Then though this one feels like marriage oh, but it will help you understand what's happening. Find this book, you will thank me for pointing you to it.

Donald Harvey how to talk yourself to an intimate marriage

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Stop living for your thoughts. Your fears and insecurities are hindering you from forming meaningful relations with people. Start online, make friends outside your familiar zone.

Begin the change you want offline online.

Start engaging in practical meaningful discussions engaging new persons staying away from old friends if possible.
Yeah. True, I always want my bf to behave like me by avoiding people too. grin
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:05am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Exactly.

Lol, I remembered when I was in school, nobody knew me till 300level when the result was pasted and I was second best in GP.
That was how I got noticed in dept. embarassed
I had only one friend in school till I left

Oh yea. That's a trait of a loner. You do not feel pain/grief for a long time. The only reason i'll love for you to be more outgoing is because of the future connections you might have with people, especially business. You won't sell and make prospective clients if you keep being detached.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2019
Acidosis:

There are no medals for greeting people. You are absolutely normal. You can have 1000 friends and 5000 WhatsApp contacts and be useless in life. You can have few and still achieve your purpose on earth.

You're not on earth to associate with everyone you meet. Jesus Christ met a lot, had only 12 loyalists, 3 close associates, and he achieved his purpose.

Bottom line is that know why you are here. Understand your purpose in life and work in that direction.
Thank you.
Even without having much friends, I've succeeded in my endeavours, that's also why I think I really don't need much friends but then, I'm still scared of what the future holds cos I really have long way to go.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Smh. Find Donald Harvey his books addresses your concerns it's the ministry God gave him. Forget about finding his books in Nigeria though. You've got to buy them online
. His information is golden. You will not forget this day if you read his books. Oh, he's a psychiatrist
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Same here. Mustn't even be my boyfriend.

I will always be like 'come, make we pass the other street, I no wan greet that man' or 'no look that man side, I no wan greet am' or 'face front, no greet am joor'! Very crazy but true.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Oh yea. That's a trait of a loner. You do not feel pain/grief for a long time. The only reason i'll love for you to be more outgoing is because of the future connections you might have with people, especially business. You won't sell and make prospective clients if you keep being detached.
My dear.
Truth is this, my background too has made me a bit confident in myself and less dependent on people.

But then, I really do not know what tomorrow holds.
Hope you are trying to curtail yours?

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Thank you.
Even without having much friends, I've succeeded in my endeavours, that's also why I think I really don't need much friends but then, I'm still scared of what the future holds cos I really have long way to go.

Scare..... Insecurity.

Always monitor and confront what motivates your behavior each time you want to act that way. By telling yourself the motivation of my behavior is the fear of this person not that that person has done anything,you can begin to be more lenient.

Remember Paul said something about capturing every thought that exalts itself above/against God. This is capturing your very thoughts that motivates and produces action in you
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Acidosis(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Thank you.

You only see this as a problem because you live in one of world's most extroverted countries. You are in a country where people believe they have the right to your greeting. You are not responsible for another man's insatiable greed to your greetings. What the future holds depends on how much effort you make to feed your ego, not another man's ego.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Same here. Mustn't even be my boyfriend.

I will always be like 'come, make we pass the other street, I no wan greet that man' or 'no look that man side, I no wan greet am' or 'face front, no greet am joor'! Very crazy but true.
Lol. That's my everyday work oo.
Looking sideways cos I don't want to see people I might know, or taking longer path to avoid meeting people.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:14am On Apr 25, 2019
QueenSekxy:

My dear.
Truth is this, my background too has made me a bit confident in myself and less dependent on people.

But then, I really do not know what tomorrow holds.
Hope you are trying to curtail yours?

Wow. Lucky you then! kiss

For myself, I just keep going back and forth, that is acting irredeemable. May God hep us all.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2019
Acidosis:

You only see this as a problem because you live in one of world's most extroverted countries. You are in a country where people believe they have the right to your greeting. You are not responsible for another man's insatiable greed to your greetings. What the future holds depends on how much effort you make to feed your ego, not another man's ego.
Lol. Thank you.
I like you already grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Woman Sex Escapades With Her Son / Are You Having A Hard Time Making Babies? / Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.