Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,814 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Please How Do I Stop This - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Do I Stop This (11959 Views)

How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 1:15am On Apr 30, 2019
Dolphin01:

The sad truth is that you can't do without greeting your fellow human beings in this part of the world-Nigeria.
The challenge to scale through is how do you overcome the I-Don't-Want-Greet-People stuff.
You just have to eat that frog.
Let me give you a task...Tomorrow just muster courage and say 'good morning ' to your colleagues as you resume work....And tell us the feedback.
You can't do without greeting in most Nigerian cultures. Even to the extent that if a person farts,the person will be greeted.

Woow. Thank you
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 1:24am On Apr 30, 2019
fonzie2u:
I am an intovert to the core,i even avoid my family and friends. I just love being alone,i also dont really get angry or emotional cause things dnt get at me.

I am hardly on social media,i hide my status and pictures and comments and just love to be anonymous.I love my space,privacy and a quiet environment,i dont feel lonelyor bored even when i may need people.

In the office i relate with my co workers but maintain my private life,no gossips,complaints or abuse.

My colleague saw my certifications and ws surprised,because i dont show that i know.

I just love being in the background unnoticed.

It has its disadvantages.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Kirinwa: 2:12am On Apr 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Definitely one of the above.
But then, even when I was little, I still had those characters.

It's too bad that people don't even know that I'm a daughter to a popular man in our society. Cos i avoid going out with my dad/mum so that i wont get to meet people or greet them. cry cry

Were you literally abused or molested when growing up? Were you usually left alone at home when others went out?

I am also an introvert. We, introverts understand ourselves better.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Dolphin01: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2019
[quote author=QueenSekxy post=77970787]
Woow. Thank you[/quote
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Dolphin01: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Woow. Thank you
How far the task? ( I once greeted a White undecided guy 'how far' on an online chat,he was like what is how far....I told him that is how we say hi in Nigeria.)
As a Warri guy,we grew up to like greeting,what we call 'hailing'.And it is all fun.Life is too short to be too serious and stay detached. If you see two Warri guys exchanging banters,it is all fun.
I really want you to overcome this challenge you are facing now.There is no problem without solution
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by SteveOfu: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
You're very normal. I'm like that too. undecided
I even hate seeing people around me or want to visit me because I feel they disturb my peace and it annoys me a lot.

I can even pretend not to see someone so I don't greet that person. I think I have mental issues. undecided
Anyone who comes to oppose my point will be thrown into the fiery furnace. undecided
Yes, your mental issues are real.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Abcruz(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:

Greeting people has a way of connecting you with them or making them become friends with You, cos, they will always get to talk to you when greeting starts coming.
That's what I try to avoid.

The bolded above is a very wrong mentality.
Being courteous is different from "familiarity".

I am also an introvert and I strongly value my space but whenever I come across people I always endeavor to exchange pleasantries. It doesn't make me big or small neither is it a free ticket of friendship to strangers.

Greeting is just an expression and nothing more. politeness and courteousness are priceless ingredients of an introvert learn it!
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by zynzyn(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:
Goodmorning all.
Please, I have this character of avoiding people in real life. I avoid talking to people or even greeting people.
I'd prefer taking a longer path than meeting someone I know through a route that's closer to where I'm headed.
Last two week, I changed route from my normal routine path of reaching the destination of where I work cos, someone said I always pass him without greeting
I'm kind of worried cos it might affect me in the future.
I'd stay indoor and pretend to be sick rather than see a visitor at home.
How do I stop this? Thank you.

You seem to have been hurt a lot by people!
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
zynzyn:

You seem to have been hurt a lot by people!
Nope.
It's inherent trait from my mum.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Abcruz:

The bolded above is a very wrong mentality.
Being courteous is different from "familiarity".

I am also an introvert and I strongly value my space but whenever I come across people I always endeavor to exchange pleasantries. It doesn't make me big or small neither is it a free ticket of friendship to strangers.

Greeting is just an expression and nothing more. politeness and courteousness are priceless ingredients of an introvert learn it!
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Dolphin01:

How far the task? ( I once greeted a White undecided guy 'how far' on an online chat,he was like what is how far....I told him that is how we say hi in Nigeria.)
As a Warri guy,we grew up to like greeting,what we call 'hailing'.And it is all fun.Life is too short to be too serious and stay detached. If you see two Warri guys exchanging banters,it is all fun.
I really want you to overcome this challenge you are facing now.There is no problem without solution
I'm trying. The advises have been of help.
Thanks alot.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks for your prescription. How do I practice silence and thought management? Are there books to read on that?
you can't silence thought, you can actually but it entails real hard work.... But what you can do is control your conscious mind.... You're in charge of that
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Abcruz(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Abcruz(m): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks for your prescription. How do I practice silence and thought management? Are there books to read on that?

Thought is a reflection of that which you willingly permit into your consciousness through reading, watching and hearing.

Management: be selective of what you read, the movies you watch, the songs you listen to; because they're the aggregate of your thought.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.--Romans 12:2
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Dolphin01: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:

I'm trying. The advises have been of help.
Thanks alot.
Thumbs up.Keep doing it.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 6:42pm On May 01, 2019
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin therapist you wan continue the counseling in private.
MiddleSpot:

I've walked this road. You need to change your perspective about people. I. E that people aren't just troublemakers but come with blessings only a relationship can bring you in contact with.

It begins by confronting whatever happened in the past facing it and making peace with it. Forgiving is the door that leads to wholeness. This is how it's taught is psychiatry.

In a room alone or front of a mirror. Point your finger and begin to say to the situation like it's a person pointing your finger, saying you hurt me badly, you did this and this and that and it hurt me real bad. You really hurt me, open up all that transpired. Do this each time you feel introverted for some time. Shouldn't be more than 3 weeks if done right, multiple times. As your heart opens up, the situation should release its grip, freshness will come in and you can begin to walk a different path.

Environmental gmfactors also induces this. Jesus how I wish I can type to explain cry

If you can hide your number and give me a call, I want to say something.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 6:43pm On May 01, 2019
BarrElChapo:
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin therapist you wan continue the counseling in private.

Hey bra... tongue you've been onto me... grin

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 6:45pm On May 01, 2019
cheesy wink Nice moves tho #SmoothOperator
MiddleSpot:

Hey bra... tongue you've been onto me... grin
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 6:48pm On May 01, 2019
BarrElChapo:
cheesy wink Nice moves tho #SmoothOperator

Na ain't like that bro. Trust me I'm a patriot. Still have trouble struggling with the droves of ladies flocking me round at church. Some messages are better delivered in verbatim.. Aka voice call. Resolved a marriage headed for the rocks this week, it was via call... 30mins and both couples felt crisp after we all spoke. BTW its kunleweb here grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2019
Oh you hahahaha. You ain't gonna kill me bro grin grin grin tell me what was the issue in the marriage ? I need some gist this evening.

P.S. how do you joggle multiple accounts on here with ease ?

(
MiddleSpot:

Na ain't like that bro. Trust me I'm a patriot. Still have trouble struggling with the droves of ladies flocking me round at church. Some messages are better delivered in verbatim.. Aka voice call. Resolved a marriage headed for the rocks this week, it was via call... 30mins and both couples felt crisp after we all spoke. BTW its kunleweb here grin
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 7:02pm On May 01, 2019
BarrElChapo:
Oh you hahahaha. You ain't gonna kill me bro grin grin grin tell me what was the issue in the marriage ? I need some gist this evening.

P.S. how do you joggle multiple accounts on here with ease ?

(

Ah well

Mozilla

Safari

Chrome

You dig?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 7:14pm On May 01, 2019
grin grin you are cracking me up ... But why the pitchikom. I don dey suspect you. But I do wanna believe this story but you'd have to keep monitoring their progress right.. It can't be a one off thing ?

MiddleSpot:

Ah well

Mozilla

Safari

Chrome

You dig?

Well i should respect confidentiality. Rather we should. Just a years marriage dude was heartbroken, working on his papers to live the country and codedly ditch cause he wasn't getting closure and lacked the perks a romantic relations should provide. Well calmed him and spoke with wifey... And she just needed a third party to help her relax, monitor her own actions and what motivates them.introduce new routines and strategies to boost the energy levels in their relations. Open healthy pathway for them to communicate and operate a fam first relationship and that was it. God took control. They felt anew. And we parted ways.. Pitchikom
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 7:24pm On May 01, 2019
BarrElChapo:
grin grin you are cracking me up ... But why the pitchikom. I don dey suspect you. But I do wanna believe this story but you'd have to keep monitoring their progress right.. It can't be a one off thing ?

The traveller only. Impacts and.. Ove on less he becomes an intruder. Pitchikom. Familiarity contaminates process many times. We must trust the sustainability of processes to people themselves, this way we can be healthy intercessors and not intruders, lest we become an additive, accessory and interfere in the healing and bonding process. It's going to kinda become a drag of they jump to me every now and then. Hence jumpstarting the gaps and pointing them. In the right direction is adequate to effect a change and induce lasting impact.

The moment I speak with people in issues like this, I disconnect and. Move. On. Otherwise needless attachment would form.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 7:37pm On May 01, 2019
Wooow woow, you have spoken well sire.. Nothing truer than this. So you do this often ? As in a career or just for something you developed yourself in?
MiddleSpot:

The traveller only. Impacts and.. Ove on less he becomes an intruder. Pitchikom. Familiarity contaminates process many times. We must trust the sustainability of processes to people themselves, this way we can be healthy intercessors and not intruders, lest we become an additive, accessory and interfere in the healing and bonding process. It's going to kinda become a drag of they jump to me every now and then. Hence jumpstarting the gaps and pointing them. In the right direction is adequate to effect a change and induce lasting impact.

The moment I speak with people in issues like this, I disconnect and. Move. On. Otherwise needless attachment would form.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 7:40pm On May 01, 2019
BarrElChapo:
Wooow woow, you have spoken well sire.. Nothing truer than this. So you do this often ? As in a career or just for something you developed yourself in?

I do this often.

Okay lemme gist you. I was studying my bible some months back and I started to feel uneasy like I was flogged. So I left the pastors office in the church I just took a bus to no where stopped and in the course of trekking I saw what providence brought me out for... An accident occurred and instead of people helping Nigerians brought out camera phone to take photos. Trekking four buildings away I turned... Got a cab got him in. He fell. From a bike. The entire frontal face fell exposing the skull. Had to calm him. Still the blood gushing out, ran frantically, disturbing traffic from hospice to hospice. Bro I became an assistant surgeon thanks to my medical field exposure... It's along story. Story short he breathed his last breathe at the nick of time right when I dropped him on the hospital bed. He calls with cheers despite a distorted face.. Will try to make a social media campaign for a facial reconstruction surgery for him soon.

So we do these or rather should do this often as seeds of God... So it's a life essence for me. I developed myself into it.

I think of myself as God's physical body that reaches out to the world. This is our responsibility as Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by QueenSekxy(f): 8:04pm On May 01, 2019
MiddleSpot:

I do this often.

Okay lemme gist you. I was studying my bible some months back and I started to feel uneasy like I was flogged. So I left the pastors office in the church I just took a bus to no where stopped and in the course of trekking I saw what providence brought me out for... An accident occurred and instead of people helping Nigerians brought out camera phone to take photos. Trekking four buildings away I turned... Got a cab got him in. He fell. From a bike. The entire frontal face fell exposing the skull. Had to calm him. Still the blood gushing out, ran frantically, disturbing traffic from hospice to hospice. Bro I became an assistant surgeon thanks to my medical field exposure... It's along story. Story short he breathed his last breathe at the nick of time right when I dropped him on the hospital bed. He calls with cheers despite a distorted face.. Will try to make a social media campaign for a facial reconstruction surgery for him soon.

So we do these or rather should do this often as seeds of God... So it's a life essence for me. I developed myself into it.
Nice one. I can See, you are really gifted.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2019
Yeah. That's the essence of Christian ity 'Compassion'.. Without it would but utter nonsense

MiddleSpot:

I do this often.

I think of myself as God's physical body that reaches out to the world. This is our responsibility as Christians.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by MiddleSpot: 8:11pm On May 01, 2019
BarrElChapo:
Yeah. That's the essence of Christian ity 'Compassion'.. Without it would but utter nonsense

Sharp. What's up with you. Asari and. NK have been entertaining us. Buhari has stopped. Entertaining us for some time.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by Seunosewawife(f): 2:44am On May 02, 2019
I think you have to see a psychiatrist. This can only mean two things, either you're just an attention seeker or you have mental issues. I think I'll go for the latter. smiley
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by LadyHeaven(f): 10:20am On May 07, 2019
Seunosewawife:
I think you have to see a psychiatrist. This can only mean two things, either you're just an attention seeker or you have mental issues. I think I'll go for the latter. smiley

Neither, you have to realise that people are wired differently...

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Stop This by freshbear(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2019
MiddleSpot:

I read your thread. Do you know they say habits form by doing things repeatedly overtime for a period of 20days. Begin to let people win you in arguments voluntarily not proving your right.

Declutter your mind by changing the movies you watch and friends you hang out with

Stay away from controversial circumstances

Make new friends new company, do things differently. If you do this, mental flexibility will be developed and you can see people as they are right or wrong and accommodate them better

Finally, learn to be responsive not reactive. Wait till you hear the last word from people before you talk. Practice silence and thought management. Do not let your thoughts roam and rule you over.
Re: Please How Do I Stop This by BarrElChapo(m): 2:38am On May 23, 2019
Mr K howdy long time no talk.
Said to holla smiley
MiddleSpot:

Sharp. What's up with you. Asari and. NK have been entertaining us. Buhari has stopped. Entertaining us for some time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Woman Sex Escapades With Her Son / Are You Having A Hard Time Making Babies? / Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.