Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times (10508 Views)

Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates / Why Nigerian Universities Rank Poorly Globally, By Okebukola / FG Appoints Jega, Peter Okebukola To Review Nigeria’s University System​ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by chimjoshjuan: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2019
Documents which was shared on public space by Premium Times, revealed the management of Lagos State University (LASU) lied about Prof. Okebukola’s age falsification scandal. Recall that LASU who debunked the earlier report which alleged that Peter Okebukola falsified his age to remain in the service of the university longer than he was allowed by law, had claimed that he has one date of birth. The Coordinator, LASU Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations, Mr Ademola Adekoya who disclosed that Okebukola has one date of birth, added that the records of the professor in LASU’s possession puts it at February 17, 1951.

The investigation by the news platform revealed that Mr Okebukola, a former executive secretary of the National University Commission, used three different birth dates at different times during his 35-year academic career. At different times, he gave his birth dates as February 17, 1948, February 17, 1949, and February 17, 1951. Documents obtained implicated the university’s vice chancellor, Olanrewaju Fagbohun, a protégé of Mr Okebukola, in the age falsification scandal.It was further gathered that the school's VC  withheld the personal file of Mr Okebukola, which prevented the university’s Academic Staff Establishment division from taking steps that would have ensured that the former NUC boss was retired in 2016.

The original date of birth presented by Mr Okebukola when he was employed by the university in 1984 was February 17, 1949, which would have made him eligible for compulsory retirement on age grounds in 2014. However a new update on the report, revealed that the university vice-chancellor, Olanrewaju Fagbohun, was not only aware of calls by the university’s Academic Staff Establishment division for Mr Okebukola to retire having past his statutory retirement age but also actively prevented the division from ordering Mr Okebukola to retire.

Here are documents which revealed that LASU lied about Prof. Okebukola’s age falsification scandal; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/25/documents-show-lasu-lied-about-prof-okebukolas-age-falsification-scandal/

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by middlebelter(m): 8:43am On Apr 25, 2019
What is exactly are you pr Premium Times Publisher are trying to achieve? Are you trying to rubbish his image? Go ahead you can be sure that a bird flying up there is unaware there are people watching it flying up.

Itv s not as if he has stolen your money, you are angry and trying to find a way to rubbish him perhaps his policies has affected you in one way or the other? I happen to know him a far off and I am sure he doesn't know me but please stop this unprofitable venture. You are afraid he will emerge as Minister of Education?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Onyekachi419(f): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2019
Fake age is not news in Nigeria infact is common. grin

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2019
Age falaisfication is very common in Nigeria, helped by a lack of a good data base.

It is also possible that Prof does not know his age. Nigerians of that generation , many of them don't have a birth certificate.

Between my parents, who were born in the late40's//early 1950's...only one has a certified birth certificate. The other has the date of birth written somewhere. If he was asked to defend it in court....

1 Like

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Realdeals(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:
What is exactly are you pr Premium Times Publisher are trying to achieve? Are you trying to rubbish hia image? Go ahead you can be sure that a bird flying up there is unaware there are people watching it flying up.

Itvis not as if he haa stolen your money, you are angry and trying to find a way to rubbish him perhaps his policies has affected you on pne way or the other? I happen to know him a far off and I am sure he doesn't know me but please stop this unprofitable venture. You are afraid he will emerge as Minister of Education?

Lying to obtain a value is an offence, stop justifying what is wrong.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by DataConcept07: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2019
LASU with there wahala
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Nukilia: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Pull Him Down Syndrome cheesy

Premium times and their witchunt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Xisnin(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:
What is exactly are you pr Premium Times Publisher are trying to achieve? Are you trying to rubbish hia image? Go ahead you can be sure that a bird flying up there is unaware there are people watching it flying up.

Itvis not as if he haa stolen your money, you are angry and trying to find a way to rubbish him perhaps his policies has affected you on pne way or the other? I happen to know him a far off and I am sure he doesn't know me but please stop this unprofitable venture. You are afraid he will emerge as Minister of Education?

Okebukola is stealing our money by serving more than the law allows him.
I know it might be difficiult for you to grasp but there is a reason for having a retirement age,

9 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by zomoears(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:

1. Are the documents genuine?
2. Is he supposed to still be in service or retired?
3. If he has any honour left in him, would he falsify his age?

If you can answer any of these questions objectively, without sentiments, then I think you should delete your initial sentiment-laden post.

9 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2019
Buy this Toyota Corolla for 2.8M only, This is the best deal you can see out here, call for inspection when you like,

Call AYO on 08058005848 and take this baby home

Click on my bio for More cars at the best prices

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by festacman(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2019
Document falsification is an epidemic in Nigeria.

It is against our law yet it is likely to be found among judges, lawyers and even men of God. Don't believe all you see on CVs in Nigeria including those of some top CEOs. Even as I write this, some civil servants are doctoring their documents for one reason or another.

1 Like

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by otokx(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2019
Corruption is so much in Nigeria, the Professor has suddenly become blind to see any of the accusations, deaf to hear of it and dumb to speak.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by OkunrinOloro: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2019
This statement is clear evidence that middlebelters are as uneducated and short of basic IQ like their brother ab..okis in the far north. You guys deserve whatever hellish treatment that fullanus herdsmen are dishing out to you.

So if a culprit is caught red handed perpetrating a crime, the people who apprehended him are only trying to tarnish his image, abi?

I'm a Yoruba man just like Dr Peter Okebukola, but will never stoop as low as defending criminal conduct or trying to trivialise a serious issue with stupid counter-arguments.

Let Dr Okebukola adopt your approach as his defence in a court of law and watch how fast he will land in jail.

middlebelter:

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Yemiwhite: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2019
Buy Mikano generator with Perkins or Yorc engine to power your business, house etc....... Call 09036129233
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by JohnFrankling(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Yahoo prof.
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by agabaI23(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:

So you done mind if someone with questionable character is appointed minister of education?

You do not see anything wrong in age falsification or you have issues with exposing it

3 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by OlujobaSamuel: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:

Would you have had same stance if he is a minister under PMB or GEJ govt?
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Afonja007: 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:

see wetin person dey defend Nawa for Nigerians oooh,person falsify his age there by prevented another person from reaching his goals and your here defending him ,all the salaries he collected for many years will your family refund it ,why are you Nigerians like this?,he committed crime by falsifying his age he need to go to prison chikina

4 Likes

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by aku626(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Fake age is not news in Nigeria infact is common. grin
I'm not sure i can believe the Age this country either
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by bobolistica(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
just following the footsteps of his lifeless mentor...if u know u know

1 Like

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by chukwuibuipob: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
sad sumbody is 38 com write 28..Sumbody is 12 yrs but him papa jump his age to 17 to leverage/gain admission. .Nor be Nija we dey so
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by agabaI23(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:

Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Chiefochiefo(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
You make mistake by looking for facts from LASU. LASU does not disclose matters. Greaaaatest Lasuiite!
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by middlebelter(m): 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Would you have had same stance if he is a minister under PMB or GEJ govt?

I am not justifying fraud, but you know some of this investigations are ill motivated to the detriment of the entire system. Take a look at Kemi Adeosun's matter, because of her stand on anti corruption, some of the people who helped her to document her papers deliberately set a trap for her and when she didn't danced to their tune, they pulled the trigger and portrayed her as if she is fraudulent. I know the lady would her done better but for the traitors.

Now back to Prof Issue, I am also aware of major policy decisions he took while at NUC that has helped revolutionise Nigerian University system. I mean decisions on licensing of many private universities failing which many Nairalanders that are graduates today would probably still be looking for admission. If the same Publisher that investigated Kemi Adeosun's matter knowing the 'truth behind the truth' is also behind this Prof Okebukola's matter. I have reasons to doubt the over public good of their investigation. Like Amosun is gradually reaping his reward, we are expecting the reward of the sponsors of this onslaught.
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by OlujobaSamuel: 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
middlebelter:

I am not justifying fraud, but you know some of this investigations are ill motivated to the detriment of the entire system. Take a look at Kemi Adeosun's matter, because of her stand on anti corruption, some of the people who helped her to document her papers deliberately set a trap for her and when she didn't danced to their tune, they pulled the trigger and portrayed her as if she is fraudulent. I know the lady would her done better but for the traitors.

Now back to Prof Issue, I am also aware of major policy decisions he took while at NUC that has helped revolutionise Nigerian University system. I mean decisions on licensing of many private universities failing which many Nairalanders that are graduates today would probably still be looking for admission. If the same Publisher that investigated Kemi Adeosun's matter knowing the 'truth behind the truth' is also behind this Prof Okebukola's matter. I have reasons to doubt the over public good of their investigation. Like Amosun is gradually reaping his reward, we are expecting the reward of the sponsors of this onslaught.
I supported Kemi for her works as the Min of Finance in all actions of hers, however, I was one of her critics during the nysc scandal because she is meant to live above board.
Wrong deeds of ours most of the time catches up with us because we wronged the wrong person.
I know there is witch hunt, I know there is ulterior motives, but avoid getting caught up in a wrong move, for when it happens, consequences must be faced.
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by Samadonis: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
When Mr. Buhari said some Nigerian Youths are lazy, do you think he was not sure of what he said.
God will surely bless him and promote him higher.
Re: LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times by middlebelter(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

I supported Kemi for her works as the Min of Finance in all actions of hers, however, I was one of her critics during the nysc scandal because she is meant to live above board.
Wrong deeds of ours most of the time catches up with us because we wronged the wrong person.
I know there is witch hunt, I know there is ulterior motives, but avoid getting caught up in a wrong move, for when it happens, consequences must be faced.

What if victim is entirely innocent? As in Kemi's case, although I criticised so many incidence corruption in PMB administration but for Kemi's my heart bleeds whenever I remember it. Imagine a lady thatbwanted to do the right thing, entrusted the process in some confidants only for her to be misled and then use it as a trap for bargain purposes.

Although I am not sure of Prof'a matter but I strongly suspect similar move.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Dies As Roof Crashes On Pupils, Teacher / Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities / TRENDING NOW: "Is That One A Uniben Student"- Goes Viral, (see Hilarious Posts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.