Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria (33296 Views)

Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Falana: It Is A Shame Dangote Could Build Refinery But FG Couldn't / Innoson: Dangote Cannot Build Refinery Without Assurance Of Oil Well From Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nebuchadnezar: 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
They arent Nigerians, they are children of hate from biafra and Cameroon who feel their right to insult the government is threatened should any good stuff happen to Nigeria. Therefore, the only time they celebrate is at the sound of bad news over deaths of Nigerian citizens or economic woes of the country.

Take note of such monikers and pay no heed to their idiotic ramblings.
[/s]
what a claptrap
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nebuchadnezar: 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
See one ipod yoot as usual displaying raw ignorance as others cheer him on with likes, saying Nigerian government is importing terrorism doing business with Saudi Arabia. I'm sure the ignoramus dont even know some of the biggest business interests in the western world are owned by the same Saudis, from Europe to the Americas.

How did one come about sharing the same planet with these things for God's sake?
[/s]
Rubbish
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by luluman: 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
bigpicture001:

We dont need it....we cn do much with dangote and thretthree other refineries.....

Say no to " capital flight"
You & who?
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by themanderon: 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
These people are not ashamed of themselves. If tiny oil producing nations can build refineries why can't this big for nothing shithole country build one. What is the problem with this nation for goodness sake. Build a refinery they cannot, maintain the one you have problem, despite the millions they make on a daily basis. who made this country this way
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
zz
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ventura: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Continuous African non problem solving mentality, always looking for the easy way out. which at the end, you don't own the refinery and first law of investing in any business is to make maximum profit for the owner.
We have 3 that is not functioning and we can't get to the root of the problems. We are not planning to build any new ones but a wealthy private citizen can build a new refinery. We have the crude oil but will export it and import the finished products at exorbitant price and then subsidise it with unprintable amount of money. No European country is a member of Opec, yet they all have refineries. Most have a minimum of 4 refineries and some more than 10. We continue not to plan ahead and just go with the flow. The only way we can be respected in the community of nations and we the citizens can live comfortably with basic amenities provided is to be a producer. And the topmost resource we have is crude oil and we have the vast African market to sell our products to.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Bridget95(f): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
This guys again
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
kaen1317:
dangote to build refinery, Saudi arabia to build refinery. where is Nigerian government refinery?
Nigerian government can't do shitche.
Having multiple private refineries would be a better option.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by bigpicture001: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
luluman:
You & who?

All of us....we are saying "no" to capital flight
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by webizone(m): 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
When I say that a typical black man has no functional brain nor sense of self-worth, folks will beg to disagree.

Instead of looking for internal solutions plaguing the nation, Nigeria runs around looking for other races/people to come and lead her when they have all it takes to be great. What is the meaning of education in Nigeria?

Borrow. Buy. Sign. At no point will one hear invent, think, produce as a lingo in Nigeria.

/
You have a programming background, right?
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
ManirBK:
Saudi Arabia has hinted on the possibility of establishing a refinery in Nigeria.

Minister of Energy Industry and Mineral Resources of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Khalid Al Falih dropped the hint during a meeting with Nigeria’s Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu in Riyadh.

Kachikwu who affirmed the Saudi oil minister’s position said Nigeria was looking towards Saudi Arabia because of the country’s successes in the sector.
“We want to leverage on the huge success of Saudi government in terms of petroleum. Last year alone Saudi Aramco, an equivalent of NNPC made about $200 billion as profit.

“We have a lot of common ground, historical ties, and religious ties and there’s a need to move further. We cooperate a lot with one another in OPEC especially in the Ministry of Energy,” Kachikwu said.

He said Nigeria is already setting up a team to make the reasons for the visit a reality.

A statement from Nigeria’s oil ministry, Kachikwu had on Tuesday met with top executives of Saudi Aramco in Dhahran to crystallize ongoing discussions on collaborating with the Federal Government of Nigeria on investments in the oil and gas sector.

The minister was received by the President and Chief Executive Officer of Saudi Aramco, Amin H. Nasser and the top management of the conglomerate.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/saudi-arabia-to-build-refinery-in-nigeria.html?

They should buy the ones we have and refurbish them,no need for a new one.9
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by NOHOLDSBAR: 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Turantula:
This terrorist government looking for ways to import terrorism into the country. Of all country to build refinery for you you chose the world's capital of terrorism.
Buhari is a terrorist Sha!

Spoken like a true re*arded brainwashed IPOB Biafra monkey.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by mobi99(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
what did our govt take us for? fools, or do they want to tell us that naija can not afford to build or repair the old refinery we had ...sometimes I feel like crying out my eyes ....God help us the citizens
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
codemaniacs:

Esseite is right... just look at the case of shoprite and mtn repatriating millions of dollars to SA...

does the Nigerian who owns Gatwick airport see himself as a Nigerian

the point Esseite is trying to make is they pay peanuts and repatriate huge sums...

the "best paying" you're talking about may not even be up to what a truck driver earns in their own country... while it is "best paying" to you, it is peanuts to them..

Stop your self righteousness. A lot of what you wrote smack of ignorance.

Multinationals are not thete to develop your economy. They are to there primarily to make money. Learn to live in the real world.

Milton Friedman, described as the "most influential economist of the second part of the 20th century or probably of the whole of it" by the Economist magazine said the corporate responsibility of a company is to make profit.

Persistent research research has shown they are net benefits from foreign investments and that is what I shall follow. They pay in more than they pay out.

The reverse of your thought pattern are those who believe immigrants are there to take their jobs and that they take away all the money they earn as wages. This is just silly.

Persistent research as shown that immigrants usually take the jobs the locals shun and as much as 90% of their income stay in the country. The immigrants are net contributors to the economy. They pay in more than they take out.

Naysayers however will stick to their point that immigrants are parasites sucking the economy dry and should be thrown out.

The other day, I showed my cousin's son an article in Sunday Telegraph which wrote that Wizkid earns $200,000 per foreign engagement and Davido earns half that.

He said it's a lie. That Davido has more money than Wizkid blah blah blah. That was not even why I gave him the article as if I care. People believe what they want to believe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2019
kaen1317:
as they use to say "lets sell the country and share the money"
That is not necessarily a bad idea.
Look at the success singapore and Rwanda achieved by the help of foreign private investments into the country or south Korea with it's Oligarch capitalism (Samsung, LG etc) basically providing a majority of the country's GDP.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by webizone(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
HomeOfMe:
They should buy the ones we have and refurbish them,no need for a new one.9
Smart, but if you look closely, you will see the reason why not.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
webizone:
Smart, but if you look closely, you will see the reason why not.
Tell me undecided
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sagay212:

Stop making excuses for a useless and failed government. They can fix the refinery if they want to. They have refused to fix it because of evil money they gain from importing fuel. Fix the existing refinery and they will.make their money in the long run. We cannot be waiting for foreign investors to cone and do everything for us. Very soon we will be waiting for foreign churches and mosques to come build religious houses. Wait for foreign hospitals and schools and maybe even foreign farms and foods. What are we using our own money for?
The fact that for over decades the government was unable to do so proves there is something wrong with the government or something wrong with the constant reliance on the government.
But how long did it take a private company like dangote to finish it's refinery? and why does it have more of a motivation to build maintain and run it more than the government?
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Jefe1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
Another scam alert
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by omokab: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
Turantula:
This terrorist government looking for ways to import terrorism into the country. Of all country to build refinery for you you chose the world's capital of terrorism.
Buhari is a terrorist Sha!
your only problem is the Islamic nation you know Saudi with. America is the headquarters of terrorism. But being a Christian state you will be more comfortable with anything they do, even killing all your family. Anything that will make this nation to be great is a welcome development. I love China to dominate our economy than the so call America.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by biztip: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
always will will. till its built all na wash
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
bigpicture001:

All of us....we are saying "no" to capital flight
Speak for yourself.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
zz
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by bigpicture001: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
IMAliyu:

Speak for yourself.

The country belongs to all of us...that u r not wise enough at economics does not mean u r daft in tech... for me..i am well informed on economic happening nd implications.....

So on this u can allow me speak for us
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
bigpicture001:

The country belongs to all of us...that u r not wise enough at economics does not mean u r daft in tech... for me..i am well informed on economic happening nd implications.....

So on this u can allow me speak for us
Let me guess, your idea of economics and how to improve the country's economy is to have the government control all means of production in the country and to oppose all foreign direct investment into the country?
If not, enlighten me on your understanding of economics and the implications involved in this.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by bigpicture001: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
IMAliyu:

Let me guess, your idea of economics and how to improve the country's economy is to have the government control all means of production in the country and to oppose all foreign direct investment into the country?
If not, enlighten me on your understanding of economics and the implementations involved in this.

There is no theory de absolutely support FDI as the main force behind...industrialization...

Govt should strive to promote investment in the country, especially "local investment "... FDI should be largely encouraged in sectors where the country lack capital for investment....

This FDI u always sing praises to will eventually encourage capital flight....

Example..mutichoice invested #400,000 dollars for its cable TV network, but now ships out over 4million dollars yearly......

Thus are trend that makes Govt.impose limits on capital flights....

For this reason..i don't buy in shop rite for things which are equally cheap in other departmental stores

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Esseite:
And here they are again to dominate a vital market again and repatriate proceeds to their countries.

Shopping - South Africa, lebanese
Real estate - chagouri brothers
Telecoms - South Africa, middle east, Indians
Automobile - Chinese, German, American
Clothing - Italian, Chinese, Turkey, dubai
Airport - Chinese
Rail - Chinese
Crude oil - American

Now refinery - Saudi Arabia is coming...

WHO CURSED YOU NIGERIA.

Gbam cool
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
tactius:

Saudi ARAMCO is a private company and one of the big oil companies.

Sauce: Wikipedia.

It is a big company really.

ARAMCO, private company? How

Your Google must be corrupted. You need to format your phone.
ARAMCO is wholly owned by the Saudi government.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
bigpicture001:

There is no theory de absolutely support FDI as the main force behind...industrialization...

Govt should strive to promote investment in the country, especially "local investment "... FDI should be largely encouraged in sectors where the country lack capital for investment....

This FDI u always sing praises to will eventually encourage capital flight....

Example..mutichoice invested #400,000 dollars for its cable TV network, but now ships out over 4million dollars yearly......

Thus are trend that makes Govt.impose limits on capital flights....

For this reason..i don't buy in shop rite for things which are equally cheap in other departmental stores
Ok, here is my simplistic take.
The Nigerian government has proven to be unable to build, maintain and efficiently run a refinery in the country.
This is why private entities that see potential in that sector like dangote are entering into the business, but dangote alone would have a monopoly and this is why I wouldn't mind an introduction of a competitor even if it is a foreign company to create healthy competition and drive the price of commodities down.
I believe that any sector that the government has failed in, it should open up to private foreign and local investment that would lead to the development of that sector.
E.g. The government owned Nitel vs The competition between MTN, GLO, Airtel... That has developed the Nigerian telecommunications industry.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
Esseite:
And here they are again to dominate a vital market again and repatriate proceeds to their countries.

Airport - Chinese
Rail - Chinese
Crude oil - American

WHO CURSED YOU NIGERIA.

All the Igbo people that were/are forced to live in the AMALGAMATION of incompatible entities!

Nigeria is finished if Saudi builds that thing!
All our oil block will be sold to them one after their other!

How much is refinery that Nigeria cannot use her foreign reserve to build a new one and save us 1.5 trillion in subsidy yearly??
?
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Esseite:

Airport - Chinese
Rail - Chinese
Crude oil - American

WHO CURSED YOU NIGERIA.

Are you people cursed to always criticise? Today you will say Buhari is driving away foreign direct investment, when foreigners decide to bring dollars into Nigeria and invest heavily you complain again.

These companies that you are complaining about bring their monies, expertise and experience. They did not hinder you or your people from investing. They pay for licences, pay for land, pay taxes and most importantly employ locals.

The Saudi owned ARAMCO is one of the biggest companies in the world if not the biggest. The company is estimated to value more than $2 trillion (two trillion dollars ). If they come to Nigeria, that would be a huge boost to investor confidence and our economy.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
tactius:

We are not building the refinery because we Nigerians, when it comes to economics, it is all about selling raw materials and oil, sharing the money, and importing ready made stuff.
Called lazines
But you all insulted the president when he pointed it out

Made easier by the fact that we are 'rich in abundant natural resources'

Who likes hard work
Go do am na since you're worker of the year

One reason why I don't like politics in Nigeria is because Nigerians always talk about sharing money, never about how to use the resources we have to make things that we can export.
Keep forming righteous
Don't go there and collect your own share THEN produce exports and lay example that others can copy

Keep speaking grammar and feeling holier than thou

Another thing...we spend billions on subsides for power and oil...meaning that oil companies, and power companies cannot make much of a profit to invest in better equipment. No power, no industries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Disqualification Suit: Soludo Learns Fate On November 30 / Plateau Massacre: Buhari Orders Military To Kill Illegal Weapon Holders / How I Was Scammed By Kc Gaming Network(bet9ja Company)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.