Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) (53567 Views)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / The Bad State Of Mile 2-Tincan Road That Lagos State Govt Will Be Repairing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNIG: 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
These are photos of the Oshodi-Airport road.

These pictures were taken a day after the road was commissioned by President Mohammadu Buhari.

The Oshodi-Airport road is a gateway into the country. It connects Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) to the Oshodi axis of the state.

Tragically, for decades, that stretch of road remained a national disgrace.

Though a Federal road, the project is being handled by the Lagos State government.

On May 2017, and with facilitation by Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, the federal government finally gave the approval for the Lagos State government to commence a total reconstruction of the road.

Interestingly, from the photos, it is quite evident that the Oshodi-Airport road – just like the equally commissioned Oshodi transport Interchange - is far from completion.

The rationale behind commissioning this uncompleted road project is yet to be established.

Even more befuddling is why the President agreed to participate in this apparent show of shame.

The Oshodi-Airport road construction project is being handled by Hitech Construction Company Limited.

See more photos here

Source: https://autojosh.com/this-is-the-airport-road-that-buhari-commissioned-in-lagos-embarrassing-photos/

6 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNIG: 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
See also:

See The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Was Recently PreCommissioned (PHOTOS). To read click the Nairaland link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5154106/see-oshodi-transport-interchange-recently#77859106

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Uncompleted projects commissioned abi na Pre-Commisioning pics

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by 9jaArea: 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
We already knew it was uncompleted

15 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by daddytime(m): 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
Autojosh....what is embarrassing in this picture?

Is Nigeria herself a completed mud house or project?

Abegii make we find better thing talk about joor..

Who thief my wallet??

Anyboey know where Obidiently Atikulating Obituary dey...e don tey wey I hear from my paddy...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MrAnele(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2019
Following

See my signature
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Bobby4090: 10:08am On Apr 26, 2019
I see nothing wrong with an uncompleted brain commissioning uncompleted projects.
Its in their DNA. That's the best Buhari and Ambode can do. Pls pity them...don't blame them.

50 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by agabusta: 10:08am On Apr 26, 2019
Autojosh you better don't lose your relevance by focusing only on the areas yet to be completed.

Everybody living in Lagos knows the project is yet to be fully completed.

You don't have to show only the pictures of the places yet to be completed.

Your picture report should be balanced showing all the areas that have been done, which is providing motorists coming from the airport with smooth ride, and then the uncompleted places also.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Chimaokigwe: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
daddytime:

Who thief my wallet??

Anyboey know where Obidiently Atikulating Obituary dey...e don tey wey I hear from my paddy...

Atikating Obituary people. Most of them have gone mad. Some got lost in the bush and others have gone back to Isreal.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nbote(m): 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
Govt of scam... Commissioning an uncompleted project.. See d ediots berating and criticizing d OP? Why commission it wen U know it isn't finished yet? Do In lots even know d meaning of a commissioned project?

18 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by dannybomb(m): 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
what sort of fvckery is this

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by AK481(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Op did you like what buhari/APC/amaechi did to GEJ with respect to the rail lines?

Ambode is only doing this to avoid what they did to gej who funded,and almost completed all rail project in the country,some even at 98% before he handed over.

When buhari was commissioning it,nobody casted gej’s name on the wall ,soon history will be filled with lies and handed over to our children,in schools,exam will be set like this :

Question 1: who built the Lagos Ibadan railway?

A.gej b.buhari c.yaradua d.obj

13 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Abdul9025(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Uncompleted project dai... Oh Allah
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Aderewah: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Yes. It is uncompleted and it's not normal to commission a project that is not finished. But there is no show of shame here. There are few other places in nigeria where constructionshe of this scale is going on. Prove me wrong with pictures.

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Smilebukkieman: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Why sanwo olu come dey act like present gov.

8 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by seyigiggle: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
there is something most Nigerians do not understand about project commissioning
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Honor10: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
a
Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2019
This country is a big joke. I wonder why people still trust any politician? Those people are big scam.

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by seyigiggle: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
there is something most Nigerians do not understand about project commissioning.
we do not believe government is a continuous process, and in order for incoming govt not to take credit for their efforts, they would hurriedly commission projects.
It is not really their fault, but ours because we do not see governance as continuity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by computer0810(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
For most of u that don't know why d project was commissioned or not privileged to listen to speech of ambode during d commissioning....he said he had completely paid off 100% of all his ongoing project in the state...including the 1 tinubu hitech construction company is doing...he came he saw and conquer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by GreyBlood: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
daddytime:

Who thief my wallet??

so you didn't see anything embarrassing here?

18 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by seegi(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
For this century Nigeria president still dey commission Road. and d worst part is that it is uncompleted one

By the way We have Farmlands for sale in Ilorin at various locations Check my Signature for more details

6 Likes

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Chimaokigwe: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
Buhari just wants to support Ambode and provide a shoulder for him in these trying times for him.

1 Like

Re: The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) by festacman(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
If you knew how bad and shameful that road was before Ambode's intervention you would appreciate how dumb auto josh is in making this anti-progress post. Tufia unu ndi autojosh!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight. / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.