Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Russia Student Visa And Life There - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Russia Student Visa And Life There (19246 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Student Visa And Life There by frankdGreat125: 12:21am On Apr 26, 2019
Please house, I need a concrete advice on life in Russia, I got admission there to study civil engineering. Am about to transfer my tuition fee. But I need your advice,
1. Is there job for international students studying there ?
2. Is education in Russia well accepted ?
3. Do they abuse Black's?

Please I need advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 2:18am On Apr 26, 2019
Bro, I won’t consider it because as a foreign student you are not allowed to work.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Kingkun69(m): 3:43am On Apr 26, 2019
Baba said life there

2 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Jorussia(m): 6:12am On Apr 26, 2019
Judesworld:
Bro, I won’t consider it because as a foreign student you are not allowed to work.
International students can now work in Russia.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Jorussia(m): 6:23am On Apr 26, 2019
https://studyinrussia.ru/en/why-russia/testimonials/fyong-chin/.Go to the official site of the ministry of science and education of the Russian federation.Over 80% of jobs in Russian federation can be found in Moscow and st Petersburg.I always advise anybody who wants to study in Russian federation but don't have enough resources to choose Moscow.In Russian federation virtually every good thing Russia can offer is in Moscow.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 12:15am On Apr 27, 2019
I live in Saint Petersburg and I am a Russian passport holder, I schooled here and I was told the same thing but the system has no room for foreigners let alone blacks.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by chaiks: 2:42am On Apr 27, 2019
Judesworld:
I live in Saint Petersburg and I am a Russian passport holder, I schooled here and I was told the same thing but the system has no room for foreigners let alone blacks.
great yo hear. I got admitted to HSE St Petersburg for master's this September with a full tuition waiver. Am worried about chances if part time jobs there .please wats the prospect like ?

1 Like

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by oshobugie22: 5:28am On May 06, 2019
frankdGreat125:
Please house, I need a concrete advice on life in Russia, I got admission there to study civil engineering. Am about to transfer my tuition fee. But I need your advice,

Please I need advice.

But till next month before they start issuing admission letters
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by oshobugie22: 5:30am On May 06, 2019
Every student in Russia must study 1 year language course, this is mandatory for all international students

So during the first year, please forget hustle and grab d language first

4 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Logachev: 1:02pm On May 06, 2019
OP, to your questions...

There are no jobs for white foreigners let alone black Nigerian. However, you may get to share fliers on the street or work in an African cafe but only in Moscow and with low pay. (The job go tire you when winter hit you for road)

Education is well accepted and VALID students are respected.

They will not abuse you with megaphone but even an Uzbekistan laborer will hesitate to enter the same lift with you. (Mind you, Russians look down on Uzbekistani).

Remain blessed and welcome. Don't let anything stop you from achieving your dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by oshobugie22: 4:25pm On May 06, 2019
Logachev:
OP, to your questions...

There are no jobs for white foreigners let alone black Nigerian. However, you may get to share fliers on the street or work in an African cafe but only in Moscow and with low pay. (The job go tire you when winter hit you for road)

Education is well accepted and VALID students are respected.

They will not abuse you with megaphone but even an Uzbekistan laborer will hesitate to enter the same lift with you. (Mind you, Russians look down on Uzbekistani).

Remain blessed and welcome. Don't let anything stop you from achieving your dreams.

Hmmm if you’re business minded

Go to Russia
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by chaiks: 7:34pm On May 06, 2019
frankdGreat125:

Please I need advice.
hi. I v pm you. Kindly reply
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2019
chaiks:
great yo hear. I got admitted to HSE St Petersburg for master's this September with a full tuition waiver. Am worried about chances if part time jobs there .please wats the prospect like ?

Life is much more better in Petersburg than in Moscow because the blacks in Moscow are not regarded as most of them go about picking pockets and constituting nuisance on the street unlike in Petersburg where people are asking to take pictures with you because there are still people here who haven’t seen a black person before.

Life is good in Russia as long as you have sufficient money to take care of yourself, you can actually get a job in Petersburg as an English language teacher if your command of English is outstanding.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by BedLam: 11:31pm On May 09, 2019
Jorussia:
https://studyinrussia.ru/en/why-russia/testimonials/fyong-chin/.Go to the official site of the ministry of science and education of the Russian federation.Over 80% of jobs in Russian federation can be found in Moscow and st Petersburg.I always advise anybody who wants to study in Russian federation but don't have enough resources to choose Moscow.In Russian federation virtually every good thing Russia can offer is in Moscow.
You are a pathetic liar or just misinformed.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by BedLam: 11:33pm On May 09, 2019
Judesworld:

Life is much more better in Petersburg than in Moscow because the blacks in Moscow are not regarded as most of them go about picking pockets and constituting nuisance on the street unlike in Petersburg where people are asking to take pictures with you because there are still people here who haven’t seen a black person before.

Life is good in Russia as long as you have sufficient money to take care of yourself, you can actually get a job in Petersburg as an English language teacher if your command of English is outstanding.
Jeez! Moscow is a big city and how you came to such conclusions goes beyond logic. I've met blacks in Moscow who are doing well and never had anything about racism that's rooted in "black being pickpockets".
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by BedLam: 11:37pm On May 09, 2019
It's funny though...When you ask those who studied in Nigeria why they can't set up anything themselves, they blame the system but those that are going to better schools outside this country are still looking for handouts through employment.

Sorry but anyone planning to school abroad and waiting to be employed shouldn't have gone in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by chaiks: 12:12am On May 10, 2019
Judesworld:

wow. Thanks for replying. But please what's the prospect of moving to countries like Estonia, Finland or Norway to work during holidays? Aside English teaching, what other jobs can students in St Petersburg do to support themselves?
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Logachev: 1:09pm On May 10, 2019
chaiks:
wow. Thanks for replying. But please what's the prospect of moving to countries like Estonia, Finland or Norway to work during holidays? Aside English teaching, what other jobs can students in St Petersburg do to support themselves?

Bros, you want to travel to Estonia, Finland and Norway...do you have visa to those countries? Or do you think Russia visa is Schengen visa? Please before you start building castles in the air over teaching job, ask your informants for references of Africans who are teaching English anywhere in Russia or who have a job, and how much RR they are being paid... I'm not above learning too.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Logachev: 1:19pm On May 10, 2019
A black man and an Asian were scheduled by the Institute of Earth Science to visit the mineral section of the Institute of Mining in St Petersburg for a research compendium. When they both arrived at the venue, the black man was subjected to rigorous scrutiny while the Asian was allowed sweet entry, the passport of the black man was scanned and when he was allowed entry, a Russian worker was asked to keep an eye on him from a distance. Throughout the 4 hrs tour and stay of the facility, the black man was followed and watched intensely...is it those kind of people that will offer another black man even a security or cleaning job Mind you, that black man was ME.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by chaiks: 2:59pm On May 10, 2019
Logachev:

Bros, you want to travel to Estonia, Finland and Norway...do you have visa to those countries? Or do you think Russia visa is Schengen visa? Please before you start building castles in the air over teaching job, ask your informants for references of Africans who are teaching English anywhere in Russia or who have a job, and how much RR they are being paid... I'm not above learning too.
lol. Am only asking what the prospect of getting into any of those countries from Russia is like. Besides, I v heard of teaching jobs, so am equally asking what other jobs students in Russia can do aside teaching. So I believe anyone who has lived in St Petersburg or Russia as a whole will have a first hand experience.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 9:51pm On May 11, 2019
BedLam:
Jeez! Moscow is a big city and how you came to such conclusions goes beyond logic. I've met blacks in Moscow who are doing well and never had anything about racism that's rooted in "black being pickpockets".

I can’t agree less with you bro, I have friends working legitimately in Moscow with families and are not doing bad but then if you look well, you’ll see they graduated from a Russian university and are using Russian passports so getting a job is much easier for them moreso they speak the language pretty good unlike most of our people who came to Russia for the World Cup and are stranded because they thought they could get a job.

I’ve lived in Moscow and it’s rather a thing of shame to be walking with your white girlfriend and she is pointing telling you see your fellow black man begging for money, there are some particular sets of people who go to clubs fighting and picking pockets forgetting there are cameras everywhere leaving people like us to suffer it because blacks are henceforth banned from such clubs and bars.

My previous statement wasn’t to rubbish or paint my fellow blacks bad but rather to expose what’s really happening around here.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2019
Logachev:
A black man and an Asian were scheduled by the Institute of Earth Science to visit the mineral section of the Institute of Mining in St Petersburg for a research compendium. When they both arrived at the venue, the black man was subjected to rigorous scrutiny while the Asian was allowed sweet entry, the passport of the black man was scanned and when he was allowed entry, a Russian worker was asked to keep an eye on him from a distance. Throughout the 4 hrs tour and stay of the facility, the black man was followed and watched intensely...is it those kind of people that will offer another black man even a security or cleaning job Mind you, that black man was ME.

I can relate with your experience bro, but then you can’t blame them probably they’ve had a black person previously who made away with their valuables thinking no one knew or saw him because we always think we are the smartest.

When working with a white, they’ll trust you wholeheartedly but if you give them a reason to doubt your statement then that’s it as you can never regain their trust and if you happen to be black, all your race will tend to suffer for it which is logical reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2019
chaiks:

You should first of all ask yourself, did you keep any job in those countries? Secondly using a Nigerian passport to get a visa to those countries from Russia is times 5 more difficult than applying from Nigeria.

If I were you, I’ll starting watching YouTube, learning English phonetics, improving your grammaticals and vocabularies so by the time you get here you can start from teaching the Russian students in your school after which you can then start applying to kindergartens.

1 Like

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by chaiks: 3:43am On May 12, 2019
Judesworld:

You should first of all ask yourself, did you keep any job in those countries? Secondly using a Nigerian passport to get a visa to those countries from Russia is times 5 more difficult than applying from Nigeria.

If I were you, I’ll starting watching YouTube, learning English phonetics, improving your grammaticals and vocabularies so by the time you get here you can start from teaching the Russian students in your school after which you can then start applying to kindergartens.
thank you for ur direction. I v already started watching YouTube videos on English teaching in Russia. But seems one needs to know the basics of Russian language to be able to teach well. Now tell me, have you ever visited another country from Russia and returned to Russia? I expect that getting to these neighboring countries would not be dat hard with a Russian student visa according to a friend in Finland.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Jorussia(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2019
Judesworld:

I can relate with your experience bro, but then you can’t blame them probably they’ve had a black person previously who made away with their valuables thinking no one knew or saw him because we always think we are the smartest.

When working with a white, they’ll trust you wholeheartedly but if you give them a reason to doubt your statement then that’s it as you can never regain their trust and if you happen to be black, all your race will tend to suffer for it which is logical reasoning.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.Most Nigerians think they smart by breaking laws and trying to bypass established rules and regulations without realizing that we are nothing but idiots.I remember before the last world cup so many patriotic Nigerians including myself warned on this platform the dangers of hoping to "settle down" in Russian federation with a fan ID,but many still went to Russian federation and are currently strapped in the country.Nigerians need a complete reorientation and change in criminality mentality if we are to see or experience any development in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by BedLam: 9:36am On May 12, 2019
Judesworld:

I can’t agree less with you bro, I have friends working legitimately in Moscow with families and are not doing bad but then if you look well, you’ll see they graduated from a Russian university and are using Russian passports so getting a job is much easier for them moreso they speak the language pretty good unlike most of our people who came to Russia for the World Cup and are stranded because they thought they could get a job.

I’ve lived in Moscow and it’s rather a thing of shame to be walking with your white girlfriend and she is pointing telling you see your fellow black man begging for money, there are some particular sets of people who go to clubs fighting and picking pockets forgetting there are cameras everywhere leaving people like us to suffer it because blacks are henceforth banned from such clubs and bars.

My previous statement wasn’t to rubbish or paint my fellow blacks bad but rather to expose what’s really happening around here.
Yes the act of begging is disgusting and even more so when you are in another man's country with greater opportunity. Crime is not a black thing alone, and I know quite well the average Nigerian has fight and hooliganiam in his blood( reason I barely associate with them when out of Africa).
But someone being black has nothing to do with the rest of us. The earlier we stop seeing ourselves as one the better for all of us. I don't even respond to people calling me "Brother" just because we are from the same country. And like I said, the average Russian is one of the least racist person you can find on Earth. They are very helpful and friendly. And no, this not just Moscow( I've been to Samara ) as well as SPB.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by MPESA(m): 9:46am On May 12, 2019
oshobugie22:

Hmmm if you’re business minded

Go to Russia

Pls can you kindly elaborate on the business minded, what kind of business, what kind of business?, where to source it from where to where and how fast can someone trade it.
Thanks.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2019
chaiks:
thank you for ur direction. I v already started watching YouTube videos on English teaching in Russia. But seems one needs to know the basics of Russian language to be able to teach well. Now tell me, have you ever visited another country from Russia and returned to Russia? I expect that getting to these neighboring countries would not be dat hard with a Russian student visa according to a friend in Finland.

Under normal circumstance, as a student you are entitled to travel anywhere around the world provided your university provides a back up letter to the embassy authenticating you as a student of their institution but unfortunately most of our fellow Nigerians have abused the opportunity as it was discovered that most of the African immigrants seeking asylum in the Western Europe are originating from the Eastern Europe hence the strict issuance of visas to African students irrespective of their status.

As a student back then it was much easier getting visas as the situation wasn’t as bad as it is now but as a post graduate student you might be lucky.

Russians are the nicest people you can ever work with if you are straightforward, true to your word and don’t try to compete with them.
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Judesworld(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2019
BedLam:
Yes the act of begging is disgusting and even more so when you are in another man's country with greater opportunity. Crime is not a black thing alone, and I know quite well the average Nigerian has fight and hooliganiam in his blood( reason I barely associate with them when out of Africa).
But someone being black has nothing to do with the rest of us. The earlier we stop seeing ourselves as one the better for all of us. I don't even respond to people calling me "Brother" just because we are from the same country. And like I said, the average Russian is one of the least racist person you can find on Earth. They are very helpful and friendly. And no, this not just Moscow( I've been to Samara ) as well as SPB.

Funny enough, people here can’t comprehend why an healthy, strong looking man would be begging on the street, that itself is sending a wrong signal about our race.

6 Likes

Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Blackputin2324: 6:21am On May 13, 2019
Judesworld:

Funny enough, people here can’t comprehend why an healthy, strong looking man would be begging on the street, that itself is sending a wrong signal about our race.

Lol
Re: Russia Student Visa And Life There by Blackputin2324: 6:32am On May 13, 2019
chaiks:
If you want to go to russia for study purpose , kindly be strict with your studies , you can’t be studying in Nigeria universities and be asking people for part time jobs .. it’s logical .. russia is not English speaking countries , first you must learn the languages which is the first priority , secondly you need a working documents, I mean residnential permits before thinking of any decent jobs , cities like Moscow/peters are not black friendly cities even if you are a russian passport holder , most blacks in Moscow are doing business, either clean or dirty ones ..
You should have done some
Research before coming on nairaland for advice , opportunities to teach English depends on the cities, cities with less blacks , maintained decent reputation , .. Siberian region , Yakutia etc , this are region in Russia with opportunities , not Moscow or peters , only thing you can do in Moscow and peters is given out flyers on the streets , metro stations etc .. no decent jobs, ...

Dis are just all what you needed to know about russia nothing more ...stay blessed ...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) / Awgunta, Enugu State, Ideal Destination For Tourist / Nigerian Man Dies Aboard Plane That Landed In Houston.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.