Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,423 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu (10338 Views)

Shoprite Sells Nigerian Business To Property Company / Tony Elumelu And His Twin Boys, Tony And Toby Pictured Together / Tony Elumelu Was In Vegas To Watch Mayweather Vs Mcgregor Fight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by partnerbizz4: 7:25am On Apr 26, 2019
Debaiz:
Tony Elumelu should tell us what and what taxes he’s referring to.

Except he’s using the wrong word. Maybe charges or fees but the word tax is wrong. This is the problem with this country. You want to complain of something, you’re using the wrong word to address it. The government will come out now and deny that there’s nothing like 48 taxes. If he had used the word “charges”, any nonentity will understand and will be hard for a dubious politician to dodge it.

I’m into account, finance and taxation before you come here and quote me.

What's the difference between taxes and charges if not semantics, loosely speaking.....

Money still leaves your pocket in both and that's what matters...

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 26, 2019
Nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by livinbygrace: 7:27am On Apr 26, 2019
This country is a scam and you wonder why boys venture into Yahoo?

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by yesloaded: 7:29am On Apr 26, 2019
shadeyinka:

You are not saying taxes are not to much, yet you say my analysis is wrong. Tell me whose duty it is to provide security and basic amenities such as electricity and water supply to both businesses and the citizenry?.

I am sure you've never done any serious business to know that the probability of a business succeeding in the Nigerian environment is ridiculously low.

No wonder Michelin and Dunlop left Nigeria for Ghana. Our textile industries are in comatose. The biggest battery factory in West Africa is moribund....

Defending a failed Government doesn't make it better: it only maintains status quo.
You expect reasonable contribution from someone who still eats from his mummy's pot? grin bro, leave that boy OK

4 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by shadeyinka(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2019
yesloaded:

You expect reasonable contribution from someone who still eats from his mummy's pot? grin bro, leave that boy OK
Facts are termed "unreasonable" only to bigots and myopics!

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by mechanics(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2019
But how many are faithfully paying tax?
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by yesloaded: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2019
shadeyinka:

Facts are termed "unreasonable" only to bigots and myopics!
grin
That's just it, reason why its better to leave them to their ignorance
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by shadeyinka(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2019
yesloaded:

grin
That's just it, reason why its better to leave them to their ignorance
But, they drag the rest of us and the nation down.
They choose our leaders for us,
They run our police
They employ themselves as will psycho-fans
They profit from the disorder prevalent among us

Like viruses whose job is just to multiply and finally destroy the host.

God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by thatigboman: 8:06am On Apr 26, 2019
Rolings:

Is Tony Elumelu business not growing,...some of you just reason with your anus because of hatred..... No that hatred go kill you

I'm not in anyway saying the taxes are not too much but your analysis smacks of ignorance
I think u misunderstood the guy u quoted
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by desmond2pk: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2019
The way they tax people go around markets nowadays
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by odomanis: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2019
shadeyinka:
And you expect such businesses to grow!?
Are the CEOs witches and Wizards?

Your business also becomes Waterworks
Your business generates her electric power
Your business employs security agents

So, what else is the government doing apart from milking the businesses DRY

It is that bad,my dear. And that is why the country cant move forward. That is why unemployment is not ending anytime soon.
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by shadeyinka(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2019
odomanis:

It is that bad,my dear. And that is why the country cant move forward. That is why unemployment is not ending anytime soon.
What do you expect when "educated area boys" are the politicians who rule us. All they care about is their "territories" and the "income" it brings in.

And when they have finally destroyed Nigeria. They would move abroad with their families to their safe havens.
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by shadeyinka(m): 8:36am On Apr 26, 2019
Hi
odomanis:

What do you expect when "educated area boys" are the politicians who rule us. All they care about is their "territories" and the "income" it brings in.

And when they have finally destroyed Nigeria. They would move abroad with their families to their safe havens.
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Jgovt(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2019
Nigeria is messed up bros
shadeyinka:
And you expect such businesses to grow!?
Are the CEOs witches and Wizards?

Your business also becomes Waterworks
Your business generates her electric power
Your business employs security agents

So, what else is the government doing apart from milking the businesses DRY
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by shadeyinka(m): 8:50am On Apr 26, 2019
Jgovt:
Nigeria is messed up bros
Truly messed up.
Let's pray Something big will shake us
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Rolings: 9:00am On Apr 26, 2019
004gist:

The boy said it all and that is the truth. Come to the local government level, businesses are meant to pay all kind of lavy from refuse disposal, security levy, local government this and that, development lavy, infrastructure levy, this anx this.

Yet no water, no light, business owners find ways to dispose their refuse, they hire their own security..
If you want to find the truth of this visit small business unit existing inside the market.
Different people coming for different taxes.

When we say government it does not have to do with buhari's federal government but as the president he has to champion and push the bill to be pass so as to save businesses from dying.

you failed to answer this ....is tony elumelu business not growing .
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Kinikini: 9:14am On Apr 26, 2019
This is beyond the current government. This has been for a very long time. Not everything should be politicized if we must move forward. Many of these levies and taxes are actually states, local government and community taxes, and levies. If it is APC, businesses should be thriving in the SE/SS states which have been under the firm grip of the PDP since 18999. Trust you get? Right?

tribalistseun:
Evil APC government

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Dhortunn(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2019
partnerbizz4:

What's the difference between taxes and charges if not semantics, loosely speaking.....

I am tired of these people!!!
The person even used the word nonentity
You can imagine the kind of attitude this person would have if you meet them at their place of work. So unappealing!

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Dhortunn(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2019
thatigboman:
I think u misunderstood the guy u quoted

See. This online world as e dey so? A lot of low-reasoning humans now use it. You will be shocked to see someone talking out of point with much confidence, bashing and freely insulting the next person who is actually right.

One, a lot of people smoke and/or drink before they come online and they don't care. They post whatever comes to their mind.
Two, frustration and depression. They resort to bully people. Since they feel no one can find them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Debaiz: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2019
partnerbizz4:

If you read my comment well you’d see there’s a huge difference which I stated there.
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by VolvoS60(m): 10:14am On Apr 26, 2019
Debaiz:
Tony Elumelu should tell us what and what taxes he’s referring to.

Except he’s using the wrong word. Maybe charges or fees but the word tax is wrong. This is the problem with this country. You want to complain of something, you’re using the wrong word to address it. The government will come out now and deny that there’s nothing like 48 taxes. If he had used the word “charges”, any nonentity will understand and will be hard for a dubious politician to dodge it.

I’m into account, finance and taxation before you come here and quote me.

^^^
Maybe you can add something to the thread by actually listing the federal, state, local (and other) taxes payable by enterprises in Nigeria - since as you say, you are 'into account, finance and taxation'. That way, the 'nonentities' won't be able to seize control of the discussion, right?

I'll set the ball rolling:

1. Corporate income tax (payable to the federal government. Add yours)
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by ComputerOperato: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2019
Rolings:

Is Tony Elumelu business not growing,...some of you just reason with your anus because of hatred..... No that hatred go kill you

I'm not in anyway saying the taxes are not too much but your analysis smacks of ignorance

No, he's not reasoning with his anus. He is saying the truth.
Businesses provide their own electricity
They provide their own security (My office was burgled under the nose of Nigeria security men and nothing happened till date)
They provide everything and still get taxed multiple times.

Look, It is early in the morning and I really don't have time for unnecessary debate.
Just want to correct your views even though you somewhat agreed with him too @ the bolded
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by kingpheenix(m): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2019
Tallesty1:
An average UBA savings account owner pays 10 unknown charges, 20 access charges and 20 service charges in a month.

Lies oga we dey use uba abeg
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by Debaiz: 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Maybe you can add something to the thread by actually listing the federal, state, local (and other) taxes payable by enterprises in Nigeria - since as you say, you are 'into account, finance and taxation'. That way, the 'nonentities' won't be able to seize control of the discussion, right?

I'll set the ball rolling:

1. Corporate income tax (payable to the federal government. Add yours)

Corporate income tax must be payable to the Boko Haram government not the federal government of nigeria.

Corporate ko, cooperative ni. Shioor abeg gbe body e.
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by VolvoS60(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2019
partnerbizz4:

^^^
grin

The fellow you quoted is just trolling (and doing a poor job of it too). He knows exactly what he is doing.
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by gudugudumeje: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
How many hundreds of extortions,charges and undue deductions banks make chief among which himself, Elumelu has reaped billions from since late 1980s' he would not make mention; alone and or,in connivance with CBN that is. Or substandard products, of lower weights& measures....
Re: The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu by 9jaRealist: 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
As a Nigerian entrepreneur myself...
I THINK THE REPORTER SIMPLY GOT IT WRONG!

Uncle Tony probably said/meant an average tax rate of 48% (after adding up the multiple taxes/charges)...
I can add up all the taxes/charges levied by the govts and regulatory agencies, and it doesn’t even break into double figures.

PS: PEBEC is also making it easier to pay all business taxes and charges through one single window.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned: / How Can I Make Money Online / Do It Yourself Importation-ask Anything You Desire To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.