Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (26978 Views)

(NEW Info)why Your Contributory Pension Scheme Will Disappoint You At Old Age / Union Bank Eket Branch Want To Forfeit My Dad Contributory Pension Funds. HELP! / Bankers/lawyers Help! I Am About To Loose My Dad's Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by dannybrasky(m): 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bless u,cos if they won't be giving out the pension money to the next of kin,then why have a next of kin in the first place. It's that simple. cool

obstead200:
gbam! The next of kin is entitled to the balance on the pension account. The law is clear on that. Don't let pple confuse u, Mr op
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by mayim(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
Some of d earlier advices are very valid, u will need a letter of administration to process the claims and yes, you go through the PFA not the bank. However be very sure not to add anyone’s bank account as the beneficiary except yours or your siblings’...I have seen cases like dat where the claim is eventually paid into someone else’s account...you can send me an email so we talk, I am in the position to get your money out for u and even see to it that whoever is trying to divert the money is brought to justice. And No, I won’t take a dime from u. All d best
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Adek15(m): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I ain't interested in this battle of d sexes OK. D woman cares for d home in d absence of the man so why ask silly questions?

Still d fact remains that men toil for women and kids... It's not easy being a man.
Hmm.. Men have really surfered in the hands of women. You can't use your husband as beneficiary/NOK of your FUND but you want him to use you as his.. Chai

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Kollyman: 9:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

Unfortunately, he's late, but before he died he had been making withdrawals of the said pension after his service with the company. I approached the bank, but it appears the guy I met want to stop us from getting the money and corner to theirs. Please now that my dad is dead, are his children not entitle to this money since it was a contributory pension?

Sorry my response is coming late. Most of the people don't understand OP's frustration, let me put a little light there in.

Stanbic IBTC pensions often use some Stanbic IBTC bank enquiry staff to also handle pension matters in some of their branches. These staff in question often try their best in handling some pension issues but when the big ones comes (like OP's case) those guys often don't handle it well. Due to the fear of ........., they often find it hard to escalate to their HSS or the regional client service manager covering that jurisdiction while they keep posting the client at every visit.

OP, let me tell you these sure facts:

1. You are entitle to collect whatever amount that is left in your late father's RSA enblock.

2. No PFA will try to defraud or prevent you from accessing the death benefits most especially a reputable organisation like SIPML.

3. Not only will you get the value of the leftover retiree fund, you will also be paid whatever interest that has accrued so far into the account even during your period of processing.

However, I cannot be mentioning the documentation requirements on this platform but I will advise you to visit their main pension office in your state. If you are in Lagos or closer to Lagos, Kindly visit their head office at Plot 1678 Olakunle Bakare close, Victoria Island, Lagos. You can call their call centre line (01-2716000) to know their officer in your state where you will be advised appropriately.

Please do not pay/give anybody money with regards to the processing of your late father's benefits aside from the LOA processing.

Also, we are into this together, so do not hesitate to revert on this thread if there are any further issues.

NB: I am not their staff grin

4 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by OBAGADAFFI: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
Kollyman:

Sorry my response is coming late. Most of the people don't understand OP's frustration, let me put a little light there in.

Stanbic IBTC pensions often use some Stanbic IBTC bank enquiry staff to also handle pension matters in some of their branches. These staff in question often try their best in handling some pension issues but when the big ones comes (like OP's case) those guys often don't handle it well. Due to the fear of ........., they often find it hard to escalate to their HSS or the regional client service manager covering that jurisdiction while they keep posting the client at every visit.

OP, let me tell you these sure facts:

1. You are entitle to collect whatever amount that is left in your late father's RSA enblock.

2. No PFA will try to defraud or prevent you from accessing the death benefits most especially a reputable organisation like SIPML.

3. Not only will you get the value of the leftover retiree fund, you will also be paid whatever interest that has accrued so far into the account even during your period of processing.

However, I cannot be mentioning the documentation requirements on this platform but I will advise you to visit their main pension office in your state. If you are in Lagos or closer to Lagos, Kindly visit their head office at Plot 1678 Olakunle Bakare close, Victoria Island, Lagos. You can call their call centre line (01-2716000) to know their officer in your state where you will be advised appropriately.

Please do not pay/give anybody money with regards to the processing of your late father's benefits aside from the LOA processing.

Also, we are into this together, so do not hesitate to revert on this thread if there are any further issues.

NB: I am not their staff grin

You are 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by OBAGADAFFI: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
Op go to the PFA office with your LA and and claim your father's estate.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by jboycrb(m): 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
omoguess:
You are only entitled to your fathers gratuity (if he has not been paid). As for pension, you are not entitled to it. The bank has to return all pension paid to the acct after your fathers death back to the pension office

And where is d bank? Voluntary contribution are paid thru a certain bank for remittance to pension acct
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by courage9(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetilicious:
That's why i advice my clients to withdraw from their pencom account and gratuities and invest in insurance with life cover.Just name your beneficiaries and you money will still stay with your family after you are gone.Future is uncertain but we have to do our best.
You're on point
With Insurance, ur family is secured
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by valdes00(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
kmcutez:

You had a wife and you put your brother as next of kin Ayam not understanding. What was your reason for getting married to her? I know it's definitely not love. Just curious.

Lolz Mrs analyst .... I would av loved to explain to you but at the Same time, my explanation is nt necessary.... let me leave u with ur analysis.... Go in peace
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by autonomous22: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:
I am! I've done death certificate and approach the court for letter of administration, but it seems the guy I met in the bank want to stop me since ATM card has expired and needs to be renew.

I was once in similar situation , but after much delays... "letter of administration " from court helped me to settle everything

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by valdes00(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I don't know what some men be thinking not using their wives as next of kin... Won't she Carter for the family when u gone? sad
You won't understand.... save urself the stress.... its not what you think...
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Clefayomide: 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetrace:

This is how it works. You and your employer contribute certain amount every month. If you retire before you’re 50, you can take 25% of the contribution plus acrued interest. If you don’t take it and you retired by 50, you’ll be paid the 25% in bulk. The rest will be paid every month or quarterly based on your instruction for next maybe 18years. This is your pension. It is not paid in bulk and it is not transferable.

I believe we are both talking about the same contributory pension scheme? Here's what I got from my research

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Clefayomide: 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

Unfortunately, he's late, but before he died he had been making withdrawals of the said pension after his service with the company. I approached the bank, but it appears the guy I met want to stop us from getting the money and corner to theirs. Please now that my dad is dead, are his children not entitle to this money since it was a contributory pension?

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by WetinUGain: 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
Scandinavian02:

Retirement age as per Pension Reform Act is 50.
25% is paid embloc on job loss.
You can choose the anuity method or the programmed withdrawal method

Ohh..50 yrs now?....used residual knowledge.....I know d payment due to job loss was around 20-25%...

The annuity (wch I think is somehow related to life insurance) and the programmed method must be desired package requested by d pensioners...Most PFAs i know pay d lump sum

So in that case,the OP knows wat he is talking..he needs to know d arrangements of d mode of payment btw his dad and d PFA, dt will guide his decision....
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Adek15:
Hmm.. Men have really surfered in the hands of women. You can't use your husband as beneficiary/NOK of your FUND but you want him to use you as his.. Chai
Funny how it's your people that are mostly embracing this equality like Dem tired of the role assigned from creation. undecided
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by cenaman(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:

I will advice u go to IBTC pension office and ask questions, but don't let them know you have issue with them from there u will know your next step.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Satioshi: 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
This is absolutely incorrect. He should approach the bank with a letter of administration. The bank will then write to the PFA who in turn gives the authorization for payment and then proceed to remove the deceased client from programmed withdrawal payroll until the death benefits are paid to the beneficiary upon approval by the National Pension Commission.

omoguess:
You are only entitled to your fathers gratuity (if he has not been paid). As for pension, you are not entitled to it. The bank has to return all pension paid to the acct after your fathers death back to the pension office
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
Both for the monies in your dad's acct & pension with PFA you still need LoA coz he died intestate (without a will).

Visit Court's Probate Registry jurisdiction where your Dad falls & start the processing first coz it gulp time.

If you know his Pension pin (it"s written PENxxxxxxxxxxx)
infact you can equally monitor the acct progress via PFA e- platform

For Ogun State LoA Processing

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by shurlermoz(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
omoguess:

Are you talking about the particular months pension or all the pension?

The lump sum was never with the bank it has always been with the pension office, now the pension office pays monthly thru the bank.

If you want whatever remains of the pension, the Next of kin needs to approach the pension office and not the bank.

If you are talking about that particular months pension, I'm sorry you can't collect that. The bank will return it to the pension office and you can get whatever is left in your dads pension account thru his pension office.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:

Meet a good lawyer
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:

I currently work with a pfa. The outstanding balance in your father pension account will be paid emblock to the next of kin, kindly visit any Stanbic pension office
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
[quote author=Pinkybush post=77874175]Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

I currently work with a pfa. The outstanding balance in your father pension account will be paid emblock to the next of kin, kindly visit any Stanbic pension office
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
I currently work with a P F A, out standing balance of your father pension will be paid to the next of kin. Visit any branch of Stanbic penion
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
Clefayomide:

I believe we are both talking about the same contributory pension scheme? Here's what I got from my research

Please go to their office and get the facts.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
Asquare84:
I currently work with a P F A, out standing balance of your father pension will be paid to the next of kin. Visit any branch of Stanbic penion

This information is totally false. This is not how to get clients.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetrace:

So who will benefit from the father outsandi
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetrace:

So who will benefit from the father outsanding RSA ballance
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Clefayomide: 12:07am On Apr 27, 2019
sweetrace:

Please go to their office and get the facts.

Ok thanks
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 12:09am On Apr 27, 2019
Asquare84:

So who will benefit from the father outsanding RSA ballance

That is not how it works. The pension is not just made up of employees and employer contributions. You have the interests also. But often, this is not enough to pay a salary every month for a minimum of 18 years. Where does the rest of the money come from? The pension fund in general. If the pensioner dies without collecting the gratuity, the next of kin receives that lump sum. The rest goes back into the pension fund. Pension is not transferable. It won’t even be paid into a third party bank account.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2019
Clefayomide:

Ok thanks

You’re most welcome. Reading all these mentions and comments, it is obvious that there are so many misconceptions about what the pension is. You can go to pal pensions. The head office is in Victoria island. Or IBTC pensions. When you get the explanations, maybe you can open a thread to educate all these people who can’t differentiate between the gratuity and the pension. Who see pensions as an investment like mutual funds.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by LUCAS99: 12:39am On Apr 27, 2019
autonomous22:

I was once in similar situation , but after much delays... "letter of administration " from court helped me to settle everything

How long did it take you to obtain the Letter of Administration?

I’m in a similar situation & looking for possible leads...
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 27, 2019
Pinkybush:
I am! I've done death certificate and approach the court for letter of administration, but it seems the guy I met in the bank want to stop me since ATM card has expired and needs to be renew.

you cannot access the cash left in the pension account for now but it will be returned to the pension custodian and added to his outstanding balance over there.

approach the pension co. with required documents to get those funds paid to you as next of kin. meanwhile you can demand to know the balance he left in the bank a/c for your reconciliation purposes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) / Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.