Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW (9971 Views)

We’re Only Able To Transmit 8,100MW Of 13,000MW Generated Electricity - TCN / Peter Obi Generated Electricity As Governor (pictures) / NBS: Nigeria Generated ₦424.71 Billion VAT In Q3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by ikewaterwater: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2019
Nigeria's generated electricity has further dropped to 2,919MW, after the Nigerian Gas Company (NGC) reported a cut in gas supply to three key power plants in the country.The emergency maintenance the gas supply company carried out on the pipeline supplying gas to Egbin, Omotosho, Olorunsogo and Papalanto power stations, resulted in a reduced power generation in the national grid from about 3,231 MW last Wednesday to 2,919MW.

Recall that the TCN also reported a system collapse, which cut electricity generation from about 4,338.9 MW as at April 20. According to Nigeria electricity system operator, an arm of the TCN, the collapse was the sixth recorded since the year began.Nigeria’s generated electricity drops further to 2,919MW, as the gas supply company was forced to carry out maintenance after a leakage was discovered on the Escravos-Lagos pipeline system.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/27/nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further-to-2919mw/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by SoNature(m): 9:06am On Apr 27, 2019
I know that Buhari is not reasonable, but he can prove me wrong by unbundling the power/works/housing sector.

Why would a rational man want a lawyer to lead the power sector?

He should get a dedicated engineer for the sector and redeploy Fashola to works and housing (he is doing a good job there).

More importantly, set a target to end the national grid nonsense!

Every state must generate their own power...if a state cannot, they should buy from a neighboring state that can. The power sector should be commercialized completely. Then get private investors to invest in the sector and supply power to communities.

I know we are not progressing in Nigeria, but why we don't admit that is something I don't understand.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:15am On Apr 27, 2019
Nigeria. It's well
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by aribisala0(m): 9:43am On Apr 27, 2019
SoNature:
I know that Buhari is not reasonable, but he can prove me wrong by unbundling the power/works/housing sector.

German current Energy Minister studied Law his predecessor studied..............yea you guessed right law

Incumbent in the UK studied Economics predecessor studied History

Incumbent in Japan studied political Sience

Incumbent in Russia studied Economics

So please tell us what you think our own Minster should have studied and why

Incumbent in US studied Animal Science
In Italy incumbent studied Law

What is your premise and where is the evidence

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by slimfit1(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Fashola is a failure

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Chubhie: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2019
Over 200 million population blessed with abundant resources still struggling with 3000MW in 21st century undecided

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Chubhie: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2019
slimfit1:
Fashola is a failure
This is beyond one man.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by MXrep: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2019
Rocket scientist super minister over to you?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by SoNature(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2019
aribisala0:

German current Energy Minister studied Law his predecessor studied..............yea you guessed right law

The point is that it's not working for Nigeria, so Buhari must restrategize

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by tstx(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2019
But we dey supply neighbouring countries 24/7 light....

Our home dey burn Instead of Government to quench our fire them talk say na neighbor own dem wan go quench

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Houseofglam7(f): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2019
It's rocket science after all undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Satan66(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2019
@manbbqgrills buhari is working right?
You buhari supports are mad.
I wish you all the worst in life!
Any mod that bans me is MAD!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by meobizy(f): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Whenever someone believes this country has hope a simple look into our power sector is enough to kill the thought.

One thing I learned in this life is in situations where one man can not bring about a solution then a team should replace him.
In our country we’re too archaic thinking to believe in teams as opposed to a solo problem solver.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Incase you forget,next level is yet to kick off officially. Please eliminate any sniper or rat poison around your neighborhood before 29th may I repeat remove any potential suicide gadget/equipment around your neighborhood.
A word is enough for the wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by seegi(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Everything is just getting worse

By the way We have Farmlands for sale in Ilorin at various locations Check my Signature for more details
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by shachris02: 10:45am On Apr 27, 2019
aribisala0:

of course you will defend your brother.

Nigeria's greatest problem is not corruption...Tribalism and clannishness is.

21 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Built2last: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2019
Nigerian electricity sector is like Nigeria

Upadan
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by tokrizy: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2019
no wonder no light for over 2weeks nw
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by sukerefakere(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2019
grin
Wind power "produced" by Germany is over 100,000MW and they generate approximately 12GW of electricity all together with a population of 83M

I'm sorry to say oo..We can never get it right in Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by adeniyisamuel59(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2019

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by confusedGuy(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2019
aribisala0:

Most the people you mentioned are lies!

And look at the ones that are true and see the current state of the energy. Forget they are better than Nigeria, compare it with the way their energy was before?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Pavore9: 10:52am On Apr 27, 2019
Disheartening.
Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by obailala(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2019
SoNature:

He should get a dedicated engineer for the sector and redeploy Fashola to works and housing (he is doing a good job there).

More importantly, set a target to end the national grid nonsense!

Every state must generate their own power...if a state cannot, they should buy from a neighboring state that can. The power sector should be commercialized completely. Then get private investors to invest in the sector and supply power to communities.

I know we are not progressing in Nigeria, but why we don't admit that is something I don't understand.
Lack of engineering or technical knowhow isn't the reason why Nigeria lacks electricity. The problem facing the power sector in Nigeria is not an engineering or technical problem, it's an administrative problem and needs a good administrator to solve it. So placing even a nuclear or rocket scientist as minister for power wouldn't automatically solve anything if the person cant navigate the chaotic administrative terrain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by mrjojo: 10:53am On Apr 27, 2019
The fact that this is country is still battling epileptic Power supply in 2019 is shameful and embarrassing. Other countries have moved on to other things since, yet a country of over 190million is generating not up to 3,000MW. South Africa a country of 40million is currently generating over 50, 000mw. SMH

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2019
It's a shame that since 1960 till now, the government is still promising us light, good roads, good health care, good infrastructure et al.
Like, what have the past presidents been doing? Contest, brainwash, win, loot and go.
The one's that'll manage to build something will neglect it. Either it is partially completed or there will be no further repairs and maintenance to it. I still don't see why power outage is still a problem in naija till now. How do the leaders feel when the travel out and see other countries? Thinking of the money that's allocated to each state gets me mad. Truly, the government of naija issa scam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Did Not Collude With Collation Officers, Binani's Claim Is False - INEC / Finance Bill 2020: Nigerians Don’t Need TIN To Operate Bank Account – FG / How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.