Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience (10071 Views)

Living In South Africa/my 7AM Morning Routine In South Africa! / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / My Travel Experience To East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
another thing that is common here is Nigeria songs cheesy as in your club is not complete without Nigeria song even on radio.. it's like you are in Nigeria, even thou the guys don't like Nigerian guys, they can't joke with Nigeria songs

we also tried their local food, I so much hate all their food but your tour is not complete if you didn't try local food...
you must try local food I repeat ..don't miss local food
we ate

yama Choma

matoke

chicken pilau

ugali ( wey be like fufu but awful )

infact they don't eat pepper here .. and I just can't wait to enter Nigeria and eat my dear peppered stew
oh my pepper have missed you !!!

I don't have all pictures

11 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
that reminds me in Rwanda last wo night we entered a restaurant and one lady brought me pepper source and warned me about the spice
I pour everything inside the rice and I cant even spice anything, we finished it and they were hailing us.. we were surprised ..

alaye this one no be pepper na … as in my mouth is bland right now because of lack of salt and pepper ..

I can't even talk !!!
since we are staying 3 more nights here.. I carried my blender from Kenya .. I will enter market now and buy rodo ( pepper) and tantashe
I cant come and die in the name of tourism, I will cook normal stew and add it to rice

11 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
See this rice.. I can't eat it because pepper no dey

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by otokx(m): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
Nice information, despite corruption, things still work in Kenya. Nigeria just has to get it right.

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
otokx:
Nice information, despite corruption, things still work in Kenya. Nigeria just has to get it right.
Yeah
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by claremont(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:
another thing that is common here is Nigeria songs cheesy as in your club is not complete without Nigeria song even on radio.. it's like you are in Nigeria, even thou the guys don't like Nigerian guys, they can't joke with Nigeria songs

we also tried their local food, I so much hate all their food but your tour is not complete if you didn't try local food...
you must try local food I repeat ..don't miss local food
we ate

yama Choma

matoke

chicken pilau

ugali ( wey be like fufu but awful )

infact they don't eat pepper here .. and I just can't wait to enter Nigeria and eat my dear peppered stew
oh my pepper have missed you !!!

I don't have all pictures

Nyama Choma means barbecue/roasted goat meat for those who don't understand kiswahili. Kenyans treasure nyama choma the same way Nigerians treasure suya. Nyama choma is best eaten with fries and I normally wash it down with a few bottles of Nigerian guinness.grin

@OP: If you miss Nigerian delicacies in Nairobi, you should have ordered takeaway Nigerian food from Mama Ashanti restaurant in Nairobi. They do all sorts of Nigerian food there. There are also Nigerian foodstuff sold in a few shops in Nairobi market run by mostly Igbo traders. Nairobi is like a second home to me after the UK and I have been there several times since 2013, my better half is Kenyan.

The story about bribe taking and corruption is Kenya is unfortunate. I have not given anyone a bribe since I started spending my holidays in Kenya since 2013. There is corruption in Kenya just like there is in most black African countries, what makes Kenya vastly different from Nigeria is that the corruption that exists isn't at the detriment of the provision of basic public utilities like constant power supply, water, refuse collection etc.

Nice photos.

14 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
claremont:

Nyama Choma means barbecue/roasted goat meat for those who don't understand kiswahili. Kenyans treasure nyama choma the same way Nigerians treasure suya. Nyama choma is best eaten with fries and I normally wash it down with a few bottles of Nigerian guinness.grin

@OP: If you miss Nigerian delicacies in Nairobi, you should have ordered takeaway Nigerian food from Mama Ashanti restaurant in Nairobi. They do all sorts of Nigerian food there. There are also Nigerian foodstuff sold in a few shops in Nairobi market run by mostly Igbo traders. Nairobi is like a second home to me after the UK and I have been there several times since 2013, my better half is Kenyan.

The story about bribe taking and corruption is Kenya is unfortunate. I have not given anyone a bribe since I started spending my holidays in Kenya since 2013. There is corruption in Kenya just like there is in most black African countries, what makes Kenya vastly different from Nigeria is that the corruption that exists isn't at the detriment of the provision of basic public utilities like constant power supply, water, refuse collection etc.

Nice photos.
Dubai has thought me about buying local food in foreign countries.. You spend way too much and I don't want to die that that's why I didn't order for local food...

Yes we know our way around now and it will be hard for me to give bribe next time I visit Kenya ...
I'm definitely visiting Kenya again later this year.. I just too love Nairobi..
That Abuja and Lagos vibe grin

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by ollykay619(m): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2019
How much should one budget in total for this trip?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Asquare84(m): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:
PiLiPiLi

It means ground nut cake in nigerian ' kwuli kwuli'
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2019
ollykay619:
How much should one budget in total for this trip?
Flight for 3 of us is 1,098,000 return ticket Rwanda air
Everything else depends on your taste.. Since we are 3 things got cheaper as we. Split bill.... Guys guys method
Maybe I buy food stuff today.. Second guy sense will tell. Him it's time to. Buy.. And 3rd guy sense will tell. Him to pay for tour package.. Something like that..

But Kenya is like Nigeria
Uganda is dirt cheap. SIM car is like 50# internet is awful though I will still post overall expenses.. ( estimate)

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:
so we later get settle and entered a Chinese restaurant to find something to eat, on our way back we ordered UBER and our driver happened to be a former police officer but he is now riding uber with a lot of cars to his fleet according to him..

we were talking about corruption in Africa and cyber crime etc, then he intervene and gave us his own part of the gist, he said Uganda is one of the most corrupt nation in the east, he said the CONGOLESE top the high rate of fraud in Kenya followed by south sudan then Nigeria based on his experience in the force, but the difference between all of them is Nigerians with little money they have they will not let everyone rest, date their babes etc that Nigeria shout a lot on social media and they also give the impression that we are the richest in Africa so anytime the police or immigration see nigerians, they see money …

he said the good thing about Kenya is that they don't really go online to shout compare to Nigerians, he said it's a good thing and a bad thing.. good thing in sense that it protect the image of the country and bad thing in sense that because people don't castigate their leaders that much it has now become a norm. we talked at length and we part ways …

another thing I have noticed is their ladies, they like Nigerian guys a looooot, and they are able to recognized our accent lol, once we talk they be like "NIGERIANS?" even inside shoprite .. they said it's because we talk loud and our accent cheesy .. I would have gotten a girlfriend there but we were told HIV is on rampant among the youths so fear they catch me

No offence o. But the loudness has to do more with your tribe than your nationality

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2019
NewBea:

No offence o. But the loudness has to do more with your tribe than your nationality
None taken.. You are right

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Asquare84(m): 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
You miss those Kenya girls that like throwing themselves over Nigerian guys, you should have used condom that what make your trip fun, and you should also try and visits African safari as we watch in Nat Geo wild

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
Asquare84:
You miss those Kenya girls that like throwing themselves over Nigerian guys, you should have used condom that what make your trip fun, and you should also try and visits African safari as we watch in Nat Geo wild
I can't risk it cheesy
Safari is too expensive for foreigners the funniest thing is it's almost for for east Africa citizens
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
After we left the park the following day at around 7pm we went for ice skating.. It was fun and lovely but I don't know how to skate I fell like 4 times it was damn painful but I enjoyed it..

5 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ice skating

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Floyd45(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2019
Did you visit the genocide site while you were in Kigali? How much did it cost you to get Airbnb apartments in Kigali?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
Floyd45:
Did you visit the genocide site while you were in Kigali? How much did it cost you to get Airbnb apartments in Kigali?
We are still in Kigali and we are not planning to visit.. They don't really have tourist attraction here.. Everyone minding his or her own business.. NA Jesus life them dey live for here.. Which is not bad for someone who love private and calm. Life

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Danirose007(m): 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:

We are still in Kigali and we are not planning to visit.. They don't really have tourist attraction here.. Everyone minding his or her own business.. NA Jesus life them dey live for here.. Which is not bad for someone who love private and calm. Life
Lol...Jesus life keh
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Floyd45(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:

Bruh! You need to visit the genocide site o. You'll appreciate how they have come a long way despite their terrible past. It is free to visit only if you want to take pictures, then you have to pay $20.
You can go clubbing on Friday or Saturday. Cocobean is a pretty decent night club. You ain't notice anything about their ladies? wink wink
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
Floyd45:

Bruh! You need to visit the genocide site o. You'll appreciate how they have come a long way despite their terrible past. It is free to visit only if you want to take pictures, then you have to pay $20.
You can go clubbing on Friday or Saturday. Cocobean is a pretty decent night club. You ain't notice anything about their ladies? wink wink
When are went to PiLiPiLi last night the waterer was telling us how easy it is to date their girls lol " and it's fvcking annoying " in his words.. I couldn't contain my laughter...
Most African girls are beautiful to be honest ( at least to me) and of course their ladies are friendly

Another thing, they really love exercise here.. A lot from my observation

5 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Floyd45(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:

When are went to PiLiPiLi last night the waterer was telling us how easy it is to date their girls lol " and it's fvcking annoying " in his words.. I couldn't contain my laughter...
Most African girls are beautiful to be honest ( at least to me) and of course their ladies are friendly

Another thing, they really love exercise here.. A lot from my observation

Yes. You hardly see any fat person moving around.
Enjoy your stay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
UGANDA!!

so guy that was pretty much about our trip to Kenya THERE ARE LOTS OF EXPERIENCE BUT I CANT SEEM TO REMEBER AGAIN, the next day we jet out to UGANDA …
we enter through entebbe international aiport, from the airport you would seen that the country is so poor, the uber driver that carried out was singing the same corruption song as other african countries, entebbe is okayish whereas Kampala which is the capital city is worse , infact our apartment is too expensive and sub par ..we just couldn't cope

internet is too slow, annoyingly slow the good thing is that we only planned to stay 2 days , we regretted uganda to be sincere, we should have went to MOMBASSA cartel cheesy instead of uganda , we almost changed our mind about uganda as if we have known, we wanted to go to mombassa.

at the UGANDA immigration , our friend has told us how corrupt their immigration is but luckily for us the guy we met is very friendly and we gist a little about nigeria and we zoomed off.

Kampala really look like Nigeria in 1980s .. they are backward technologically , their food is not good, i can't really believe we visted the capital city .. nevertheless i really enjoyed uganda tour compare to RWANDA .. rwanda is really boring

1. things are really really cheap in uganda we didnt spend 20,000 naira on food, they mostly use mtn mobile money too.. infact i bought my puma canvas there 19,000 naira something they sell for 48k in abuja shoprite grin ..same puma oo inside puma shop

2. there are good places to go compare to rwanda ..you will enjoy uganda if you don't stay at home. infact we spent the whole two days on the road

3. we visted river NILE and reached the source of river Nile in JINJA .. see guys if you ever find yourself in uganda don't ever miss a visit to river NILE and mabira forest .. don't miss those two places .. i really enjoyed my time on the boat in RIVER NILE

we noticed the presence of the United Nation crew in uganda, and you will mostly find them a poor countries.. this time they are just too many and also many charity organisation ..if you are to go to uganda from kenya by road it's just 8 hours drive... mombassa to from nairobi is 8 hours drive ..same fkight time ( 45 minutes )

so we went to mabira forest first day and river Nile the second day

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
We also visited sezibwa waterfall ( sezibwa means unstoppable)

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
MY PICTURES ARE ABOVE 4MB AS THEY ARE 4K WHICH IS MAKING IT HARD FOR ME TO UPLOAD
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
Matoke

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mabira forest.. Sorry most pictures contain us in it and can't share

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
On our way to Nile

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
River Nile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
Inside boat river Nile

5 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
Nile

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
River Nile ..middle of river Nile

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Murtala Muhammed Airport Sets Up Task Force For Traffic Management / Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise / invalid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.