Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience (10050 Views)

Living In South Africa/my 7AM Morning Routine In South Africa! / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / My Travel Experience To East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
Nile

5 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
I'm tired lol

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Akeem1759(m): 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
OP, you are really chopping the life of your head OO. Nice update though cheesy
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
Akeem1759:
OP, you are really chopping the life of your head OO. Nice update though cheesy
I want to die a happy man bro grin

6 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Akeem1759(m): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:

I want to die a happy man bro grin
I love this, Life is too transient to be taken too serious. Lolzzz

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Hbuyosh(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2019
kakakii:

We are still in Kigali and we are not planning to visit.. They don't really have tourist attraction here.. Everyone minding his or her own business.. NA Jesus life them dey live for here.. Which is not bad for someone who love private and calm. Life
Jesus life? Ha ha ha!
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by mohd001: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
hmm lovely. see as i concentrate they read
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by mohd001: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
kakakii:
See this rice.. I can't eat it because pepper no dey
wow
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Coffee this morning Rwanda

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
Last two night at PiLiPiLi

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
They use paper bagging and package alot in the east, we should adopt that in the west here.. It's part of the reason their country is neat
Forgotten the name of this..
I'm getting used to their food even though I will go back to my country tomorrow grin

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
Mabira forest
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
Mabira forest Uganda

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
conclusion

despite the high rate of poverty being in Rwanda right now is really making me appreciate Uganda, Uganda was really lively and the locals are really friendly, pick pocketing and phone snatching is common in Uganda and we were warned countless times to always put our phones and valuables in our pocket, the ladies cherish their men a lot here and everyone seem to be hardworking, Kenya still has the best local food but I tried a whole lot of local food in Uganda …

we visited a lot of places in Uganda like the senzibwua waterfall where the guide explained a lot of superstition, we also climbed rocks , it was fun..
the guide was telling us about how they use to watch Nigeria movies so most Ugandan believe nigerians are fetish grin he said " Nigeria believed someone somewhere must be responsible for your problem" , we told him not everyone though .. he said most Ugandan are like that too that they carry sacrifice to appease the gods

the mabira forest was fun too as we walked through the forest and saw different kind of tree, I get to see those trees that was taught in secondary school, hard wood, soft tree, mahogany , iroko etc … I know they exist in Nigeria too but this is my first time of seeing most at a time like this in raw state smiley smiley .. they have hotel inside mabira forest which is made exactly like HUT ..hand made I think ..

the next day we went to river nile where we encountered a lot of UN officials ..boat through the river Nile ..returned home and prepare for Rwanda the next day

i really appreciated uganda especially their people, made me really meditate about Nigeria, it was nigeria in the olden days, despite being poor they seem to be satisfied and don't really have big ambitions like some nigerians, i appreciated their ignorance and was moved by it..
one of the locals said ugandans don't really like to travel outside east africa, that they would rather use the money to set up business ..
ugandans are nice and warming people but IT'S THEIR GOVERNMENT FVCKING THEM UP ( sorry for the language ) I really didn't expected them to be that poor given the fact that they are at the center of most good east Africa countries like Kenya Rwanda Ethiopia maybe Tanzania etc

.. the only thing about east africa is the 24/7 electricity .. very tining road and old infrastructure, schools are below average too and it's hard to see someone who is fluent in foreign language .. and okada ( AKA boda boda in east africa ) is very very very common, infact them plenty die ..transportation is cheapest in uganda
ugandans are really happy citizen and don't really complain much unlike kenyans ... i can't remember all my experince ..but might add if i remember
we left Uganda

10 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
RWANDA

we entered Rwanda through Kigali international airport, we almost missed our flight but thank God the flight was delayed. that reminds me grin during luggage scanning at immigration we were on queue but our luggage is too much so we were scanning the one by one, na so one black slay queen jumped the queue grin ( I can't remember her country but definitely from east ) .. the security woman asked her why he did that, she said it's because we had a lot of luggage to scan , the woman look her with one kind eyes like she is a mistake from God, then she didn't apologise then made this statement " it's okay I will wait for them" ..that one con annoy the woman more, she delayed her for like 30 minutes.. when she jumped the queue I honestly didn't mind but it crossed my mind, while thinking about her wrong doing na so the security woman take over from my thought ..

the second saga that happened grin grin

while going to the second luggage scan I saw a man also I swear to GOD, who jumped queue and wanted to put his luggage in front , see I could understand the rush, we didn't know the flight has been delayed so everyone was rushing ..the man was now begging me that he will miss his flight .. I said " oga calm down we are on the same flight make I put my luggage first" .. the man said to me "Nigerians?" I laugh and said yes .. and I put my luggage .. grin grin

the final and the most annoying saga

inside Rwanda air on our way to Kigali, we saw two old men ( a white man and a black man, both very very old ) grin grin .. they were dragging seat they both wanted to seat beside the window, the white man is rightfully the owner of that seat based on the ticket and he said he has booked that seat like a day before but the black man sat there before him, I was angry and fumed because as old as the man is his ticket not telling him where his sit his?, few minutes later the flight attendant intervene and the black man refused to leave his seat which was annoying me like I should just tear that man a dirty slap, if at all you want that sit you should beg for it like any gentle man and i'm sure the guy would have agreed, but you kept saying you sat there first. it was really annoying...

at this stage things were really becoming messy, the white man had to tell the flight attendant to leave the black man and the plane took off ..
i'm sure I made a lot of blunders but can you forgive me ?
I wanted to tell everyone to clap for the white man but I didn't want to start another controversy ( I can be mischievous ooo ) grin grin

8 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
RWANDA IMMIGRATION

we got to Rwanda immigration and everything is beautiful again, the man asked us about our agenda and we told him, he checked our passport and started gisting with us, asking us about Nigeria and how he loves Nigeria if not for the 'thieves" he used thieves ...then my friend told him there is thieves everywhere, the immigration guy said NO in his word " I might be exaggerating but I don't think you will find any thief in Rwanda, it's highly unlikely and one of the safest country in the world, enjoy your stay bye, next please"

then we left the immigration and went to buy MTN sim card, registered and bought 4gb, their network in rwanda is crap.. it's exactly like Uganda
but once you reach a certain height the network is better just like in Nigeria .. we saw beautiful girls with nice hip at the airport ( ojigbi jigbi i'm not promiscuous just love to admire beautiful girls ) grin grin grin
mehn Rwanda is boring shocked shocked I kon appreciate Uganda ...

7 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by pat077: 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Nice one
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 6:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
I need to finish tonight because once I get back I won't have time to update again.. Otherwise it will get dragged

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by christejames(m): 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
kakakii:
RWANDA IMMIGRATION

we got to Rwanda immigration and everything is beautiful again, the man asked us about our agenda and we told him, he checked our passport and started gisting with us, asking us about Nigeria and how he loves Nigeria if not for the 'thieves" he used thieves ...then my friend told him there is thieves everywhere, the immigration guy said NO in his word " I might be exaggerating but I don't think you will find any thief in Rwanda, it's highly unlikely and one of the safest country in the world, enjoy your stay bye, next please"

then we left the immigration and went to buy MTN sim card, registered and bought 4gb, their network in rwanda is crap.. it's exactly like Uganda
but once you reach a certain height the network is better just like in Nigeria .. we saw beautiful girls with nice hip at the airport ( ojigbi jigbi i'm not promiscuous just love to admire beautiful girls ) grin grin grin
mehn Rwanda is boring shocked shocked I kon appreciate Uganda ...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us...

but like Oliver Twist, I won't mind having you share more experience you had in Rwanda most especially kigali.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by hammed71(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
kakakii:
I need to finish tonight because once I get back I won't have time to update again.. Otherwise it will get dragged
please do update us tonight
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
one Rwandan man is currently listening to SIMI in the next apartment grin grin

7 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
Paper bagging is common here

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by mohd001: 11:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
kakakii:
so Nigerian song also reach that place? shocked
kakakii:
so Nigerian song also reach that place?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 5:56am On Apr 30, 2019
Souvenir

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:30am On Apr 30, 2019
Rwanda

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2019
On our way back to Nigeria and this plane is neat and get everything

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 9:12am On Apr 30, 2019
And freaking huge

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2019
Grrr

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2019
Ah Jesus Christ, fortunately for us this is not the plane we are suppose to board, it's suppose to be the shitty one we entered when coming to Rwanda, the pilot just told us now now...

But glory be to God the plane get issue so we are flying airbus..

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by hammed71(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2019
I heard sometimes rwandair flies airbus 330 to Lagos, I also heard it has WiFi onboard
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by deolivette: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
the two police officers have sighted us from afar, immediately we collected our baggage they stopped us and asked us where we are going and our purpose, we got angry and asked for his ID he gave it to us then ask us to follow him to the station, we refused and told him the immigration has done all the necessary check and it doesn't make sense for him to be questioning us, he then later said he is a police blah blah and he has every right to search and interrogate us.. then he asked us to follow him to the station which is near the airport ..

could you believe this policemen kept going in circle around the airport until we couldn't take it again and we vexed and told him we can't take it again , make we lead us to the station, we reached the station entrance then he stopped and said " you need to bribe me if you dont want to enter station" ...at this stage we were tired and didnt further want to push it.. we later gave them 10$ each ..20$ total

we initially suspected them to be scam but we verify from one security guard at the aiport, he confirmed them to be police officer .. we left the officers

what i have noticed about the immigration and the police is that unlike nigeria immigration, they are not agressive at all and you negotiate with the like market woman ... but they are exremely corrupt and it doesnt shame them..
we met a woman and she quote this "IF YOU ARE NOT CORRUPT YOU ARE NOT KENYA" ( their officials )

we made a mistake and i would advice people coming to kenya to not make that mistake , we didnt use uber we used taxi and we were scammed by two women ... later 30s

the 2 women approached us and asked us where we are going, we told them the location and both of them shouted "AH!! THAT'S A 3 HOURS JOURNEY " ... that even uber can't reach there.. ewo!!!, they later suggested a taxi driver.. they called the driver and he came, the driver called it 3000 kenyan shilling but we negotiated 2000, he later agreed..... in our presence he gave the women 500 KENYA SHILLING ( i'm sensing it's her cut.. Them no even mind.. Scam us and sharing proceed for our front ) grin

we later ask the driver and he told us it's just 20 minutes drive cry we were scammed ...uber carried us 1000 kenya shilling on our way back

Hahaha. Oh my God. Kenya seems like another Nigeriacountry. I hope to visit next year or later this year and will chronicle my own experience as well. Thanks for sharing
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by deolivette: 11:12am On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
Ah Jesus Christ, fortunately for us this is not the plane we are suppose to board, it's suppose to be the shitty one we entered when coming to Rwanda, the pilot just told us now now...

But glory be to God the plane get issue so we are flying airbus..

How did you book your ticket and if I’m booking for my wife and myself how much will it cost? And if I save $1000 will it cover our cost of living for one week in the theee countries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

On My Way To Abakaliki For A Meeting! / Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise / I Need Direction To Travel From Ladipo To Trade Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.