Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go (7899 Views)

SUPER Clean S10+ With Charger, Pack And Other Materials / SAMSUNG S8+ 64gb With Pack and Assesories @75k / Clean Iphone 8plus For Sale (pack And Receipt Intact) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 8:00am On May 01, 2019
madgoat:

You said you bought fone of 40K when you were not even working. See your life... Scammer getting easy money and flaunting it. grin
I work hard for my money bro. I cant afford such expensive fones because there are other pressing needs. Thank God for Tecno, Itel and Infinix making some cheap fones we can afford.
This strange and new, so students that have the most smartphones are scammers,. Na wa 4u o. The guys family can't be giving him money abi. WHAT YOU ARE STILL SAYING IS THAT ANYONE THAT BUYS A PHONE ABOVE 40K IS A SCAMMER. PEOPLE SEE THIS GUY POVERTY ABEG
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by madgoat(m): 8:07am On May 01, 2019
ddjay:

This strange and new, so students that have the most smartphones are scammers,. Na wa 4u o. The guys family can't be giving him money abi. WHAT YOU ARE STILL SAYING IS THAT ANYONE THAT BUYS A PHONE ABOVE 40K IS A SCAMMER. PEOPLE SEE THIS GUY POVERTY ABEG
What i am saying is people who work hard for their money will not easily want to cough up 40K for a fone when there are alternative fones made by itel that will still serve the same function. In summary, itel, tecno and infinix are here for the middle class and hence serve a very important function in the lives of people. Fones should not just be for the privileged few, it should be for the masses and hence different cadres of companies target different classes of people.

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I'm not a Marketer and will not be. I'm just saying if you think you're not being served well by TECNO then there are lots of brand to choose from and it should not cause any problem. Sho! Why give yourself unnecessary headache?
ok o
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 8:17am On May 01, 2019
madgoat:

What i am saying is people who work hard for their money will not easily want to cough up 40K for a fone when there are alternative fones made by itel that will still serve the same function. In summary, itel, tecno and infinix are here for the middle class and hence serve a very important function in the lives of people. Fones should not just be for the privileged few, it should be for the masses and hence different cadres of companies target different classes of people.
Even as there are people that wont want to spend that amount, so there are people that will spend much more, its a matter of choice... Celebrities with millions spend it on choice properties and cars, bill gates and mark Zuckerberg that are billionaire's dont spend like that. So its a matter of choice.
Also on middle class, xiaomi, huawei and even Samsung are producing more phones for the middle class at a similar price range with dem tecno too.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by thatareaguy: 2:09pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

Bro,I'm telling you pop and plain, if tecno and infinix dare make the quality of phones samsung are making, they would not sell them at less than 500k. A company that makes low end phones using Mtk processors will continue making it look like they are doing you a favour because Nigerians always take things hook, line and sinker. They hide under the cover of making huge megapixel cameras when in actual fact, it is not the number of megapixels that determine how good a photo will turn out to be.

If you want to make good phones at low prices, India is your biggest market. Why is tecno and infinix not in India
Made some valid points.

Obviously, there's rarely any company that is out there to "help" the consumer. Transsion made moves that few companies would make - targetting a low-income earning African audience. How many manufacturers are willing to "dilute" their brand in the name of competing at the low end? Now that they have helped developed the smartphone market in Nigeria, others like Xiaomi are thinking of coming in. Competition is good, and will definitely be beneficial to consumers. I was only tackling the OP; because I thought the manner in which he described their (Transsion) phones and the company itself was unfair.

The company I'd like to see enter Nigeria is even OnePlus.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 2:26pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

Bro,I'm telling you pop and plain, if tecno and infinix dare make the quality of phones samsung are making, they would not sell them at less than 500k. A company that makes low end phones using Mtk processors will continue making it look like they are doing you a favour because Nigerians always take things hook, line and sinker. They hide under the cover of making huge megapixel cameras when in actual fact, it is not the number of megapixels that determine how good a photo will turn out to be.

If you want to make good phones at low prices, India is your biggest market. Why is tecno and infinix not in India
Abi o
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 2:31pm On May 01, 2019
thatareaguy:

Made some valid points.

Obviously, there's rarely any company that is out there to "help" the consumer. Transsion made moves that few companies would make - targetting a low-income earning African audience. How many manufacturers are willing to "dilute" their brand in the name of competing at the low end? Now that they have helped developed the smartphone market in Nigeria, others like Xiaomi are thinking of coming in. Competition is good, and will definitely be beneficial to consumers. I was only tackling the OP; because I thought the manner in which he described their (Transsion) phones and the company itself was unfair.

Even Samsung has started making low end phones with good specs, the A, J and M series are definitely standard devices at tecno and infinix prices, i believe that of Huawei with its subsidiary called honor and Xiaomi is self explanatory. More high-end manufacturers are coming up with budget phones. You see ehn, the truth is that the high cost of phones is not just a Nigerian problem, it hits even the Europeans and Americans thats why the Xiaomi and Huawei markets are growing fast in developed countries. Some there don't even want to spend up to $200 -$300 on a phone even when they have it. I believe we in Nigeria should demand for the best at good prices, not just Phones but other electronics and medicines as well
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 3:33pm On May 01, 2019
thatareaguy:

Made some valid points.

I absolutely agree with your points. Transsion can continue to make their profits in the Nigerian market, the sky is wide enough to accommodate everybody. They should know however that Nigerians have now seen the light and are asking them to pedal up on quality.

I didn't believe initially that the Samsung A20 with relatively good exynos processor, super amoled display and 3+32 gig storage would be sold for less than 60k until I saw it on jumia. These are premium features on most Samsung flagship phones that would have gone for 100k+ in the past. This points out to the fact that Samsung is already feeling the heat. Transsion should step up too. I believe OnePlus will see the light soon too
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by credon: 7:38pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

I absolutely agree with your points. Transsion can continue to make their profits in the Nigerian market, the sky is wide enough to accommodate everybody. They should know however that Nigerians have now seen the light and are asking them to pedal up on quality.

I didn't believe initially that the Samsung A20 with relatively good exynos processor, super amoled display and 3+32 gig storage would be sold for less than 60k until I saw it on jumia. These are premium features on most Samsung flagship phones that would have gone for 100k+ in the past. This points out to the fact that Samsung is already feeling the heat. Transsion should step up too. I believe OnePlus will see the light soon too
Honestly, even me am kind kf confused what phone next, its like worldwide, expensive phones are creating a terrible heat and people want something good at a fair price.. I hope this will make transsion to improve.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 8:02pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

Good one man, at least we now have quality alternatives, Nigeria will no more be a dumping ground for rubbish

2 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 8:02pm On May 01, 2019
credon:

Honestly, even me am kind kf confused what phone next, its like worldwide, expensive phones are creating a terrible heat and people want something good at a fair price.. I hope this will make transsion to improve.
Good choices to make now
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 8:08pm On May 01, 2019
credon:

When Xiaomi comes in full time, you wouldn't have to worry about expensive phones again. You will get almost the same quality at way cheaper prices. Exciting times ahead
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 8:17pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

When Xiaomi comes in full time, you wouldn't have to worry about expensive phones again. You will get almost the same quality at way cheaper prices. Exciting times ahead
Yess boss
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 8:28pm On May 01, 2019
ddjay:
Yess boss
Until Xiaomi changes their app icons, I doubt I will be patronizing them though
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by noblefarm: 8:41pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

What's wrong with their app icons?
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 8:48pm On May 01, 2019
noblefarm:

What's wrong with their app icons?
Let's just say I don't find them attractive
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 8:50pm On May 01, 2019
zamanii:

Can check for icon pack on playstore, there are just so many. Can even tey a different launcher that supports icon changing
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by noblefarm: 8:54pm On May 01, 2019
Redo note 7pro and Samsung Galaxy a50 which one is the best?
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 9:26pm On May 01, 2019
noblefarm:
Both good so long as not tecno or infinix
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Telvin7(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2019
noblefarm:
Galaxy a50
Brand wise
Display wise
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by bizza45: 1:07am On May 02, 2019
only if all these infinx and tecno fans knows the how 4ked the processor they used in producing their phone. infinix and tecno is expensive cos d trash they produce don't worth price their device is been sold

2 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by zamanii: 4:40am On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

Can check for icon pack on playstore, there are just so many. Can even tey a different launcher that supports icon changing

True. Thanks
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 9:11am On May 02, 2019
thatareaguy:

Made some valid points.

Don't mind op, where was Xiaomi when tecno and co moved into African market?
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 9:15am On May 02, 2019
zamanii:

The bolded refers to some Nigerians not all Nigerians. The Samsung A20 is still expensive for many Nigerians out there.It may be low budgeted phone but many Nigerians can't afford it.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 9:21am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Don't mind op, where was Xiaomi when tecno and co moved into African market?
They observed that Nigerians prefer crap and rubbish then thats why they stayed away, but since that number of nigerians has greatly reduced with more Nigerians having interest in quality thats why they are here now

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 9:25am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

The bolded refers to some Nigerians not all Nigerians. The Samsung A20 is still expensive for many Nigerians out there.It may be low budgeted phone but many Nigerians can't afford it.
If you can't afford it, then why are you forcing Nigerians to agree that they can't afford it. Kukuma remain with your itel na
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 9:33am On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

If you can't afford it, then why are you forcing Nigerians to agree that they can't afford it. Kukuma remain with your itel na
I said many Nigerian[/b]s n[b]ot all Nigerians Mr
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 9:42am On May 02, 2019
ddjay:

They observed that Nigerians prefer crap and rubbish then thats why they stayed away, but since that number of nigerians has greatly reduced with more Nigerians having interest in quality thats why they are here now
Your assertion about Nigerians loving crap isn't true infact many love quality product but can't afford it. Why do think Samsung wasn't selling well in Nigeria even with the quality of products they have?. They even claim to produce low budgeted phones as opined by someone here yet it rare to see many Nigerians using them. Doesn't that send a message across that many Nigerians are living below $1
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by credon: 9:59am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Your assertion about Nigerians loving crap isn't true infact many love quality product but can't afford it. Why do think Samsung wasn't selling well in Nigeria even with the quality of products they have?. They even claim to produce low budgeted phones as opined by someone here yet it rare to see many Nigerians using them. Doesn't that send a message across that many Nigerians are living below $1
Samsung did nit produce low budget phones because of Nigeria, so did xiaomi and huawei, globally it appears people are not so interested in spending so much on phones, just a good quality spec for a good price. Its a trend
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 10:04am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Thats your assertion mr, if you still settle for crap, why are you forcing us to still use the crap
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 10:05am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

I said many Nigerian[/b]s n[b]ot all Nigerians Mr
You did this when ASUU was strike grin grin
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by credon: 10:13am On May 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr asuustrike abeg leave us make we upgrade abeg, at least huawei that am eyeing have below 50k good quality speced phones and i will continue to challege transsion that if tecno, infinix and itel have thesame spec as written on paper, then they should ahip to Europe and America

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Forget iPhone 7, The god Of Smartphones Is Here And The World Is Going Crazy For / Infinix Created A Monster Hide App (pics) / MTN Makes Fresh Attempt To Reverse Court Order To Forfeit N8b In Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.