Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

What Shampoo Usually African People Use? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Shampoo Usually African People Use? (1378 Views)

I Usually Spend 50k On Pad Monthly: how much do you spend on pad monthly? / Nigerians Use Paracetamol To Cook Meat: Concern As More People Use It / Confirm Homemade Pregnancy Test With Shampoo Salt Sugar And Toothpaste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by QueenSuccubus(f): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hi,

I do have a friend and he has this African hair type tho he is not African at all.. He said it runs in their family having a super kinky hair but looks so dry.. lipsrsealed

So, I wanna ask you guys a couple of questions especially men..

● WHAT SHAMPOO (BRAND) DO YOU USE OR WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND TO MAKE MY FRIEND'S HAIR LESS FRIZZY, LESS DRY and MORE MANAGEABLE?
●WHERE CAN HE GET THE PRODUCT?

I do really appreciate your reply & recommendations.. grin

Tnxxx
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by JoyceC(f): 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hi,

It would be nice to ask your friend what type of hair he has exactly. I've been working as a hairdresser and that's the main question I was asking before recommending shampoo. There's a simple guide on how to identify your type of hair.
What shampoo to choose? That depends. Aveda fits pretty much for all types, same with OGX products. But the Head and Shoulders is a nice and cheap choice too.
Where to get? Shampoos like OGX are available in big stores or Amazon. You can get H&S at any local store I guess.
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:40pm On May 01, 2019
JoyceC:
Hi,

It would be nice to ask your friend what type of hair he has exactly. I've been working as a hairdresser and that's the main question I was asking before recommending shampoo. There's a simple guide on how to identify your type of hair.
What shampoo to choose? That depends. Aveda fits pretty much for all types, same with OGX products. But the Head and Shoulders is a nice and cheap choice too.
Where to get? Shampoos like OGX are available in big stores or Amazon. You can get H&S at any local store I guess.

Oh thank you for your reply..

He has a kinky hair and it's dry..Maybe bcoz he's a man and he has a very low maintenance to it..

I told him to use organic argan oil to start with coz i have no idea what shampoo I cud recommend to him undecided .. That's im juz curious what does african men like to use to maintain their thick yet soft kinky hair...
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by Jennirvana: 3:00pm On May 02, 2019
QueenSuccubus:

Oh thank you for your reply..

He has a kinky hair and it's dry..Maybe bcoz he's a man and he has a very low maintenance to it..

I told him to use organic argan oil to start with coz i have no idea what shampoo I cud recommend to him undecided .. That's im juz curious what does african men like to use to maintain their thick yet soft kinky hair...

Hi, I also have kinky and very dry hair and what always works for me is the creme of nature argan oil shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is sulphate free, this means with will not dry out your hair. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. You can get it on Konga by clicking this link https:///y5y7y3r5 .

Sheamoiture raw Shea butter shampoo and conditioner works great too although it's a bit pricey for me but I buy it when I have a little extra money. You can get it on Konga by clicking this link https:///y5hw24wl .
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by QueenSuccubus(f): 4:14pm On May 02, 2019
Jennirvana:

Hi, I also have kinky and very dry hair and what always works for me is the creme of nature argan oil shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is sulphate free, this means with will not dry out your hair. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. You can get it on Konga by clicking this link https:///y5y7y3r5 .

Sheamoiture raw Shea butter shampoo and conditioner works great too although it's a bit pricey for me but I buy it when I have a little extra money. You can get it on Konga by clicking this link https:///y5hw24wl .

Ooh thank you for your suggestions.. I will talk to him so he can choose a shampoo that really suits on him..

Cheers!
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
QueenSuccubus:
Hi,

I do have a friend and he has this African hair type tho he is not African at all.. He said it runs in their family having a super kinky hair but looks so dry.. lipsrsealed

So, I wanna ask you guys a couple of questions especially men..

● WHAT SHAMPOO (BRAND) DO YOU USE OR WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND TO MAKE MY FRIEND'S HAIR LESS FRIZZY, LESS DRY and MORE MANAGEABLE?
●WHERE CAN HE GET THE PRODUCT?

I do really appreciate your reply & recommendations.. grin

Tnxxx
it might not be African hair.

There's a disease that makes hair uncooperative and wiry, something like Albert Einstein, I have forgotten the name.

Just follow the natural hair movement or use black soap

1 Like

Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
funmisticqueen:
it might not be African hair.

There's a disease that makes hair uncooperative and wiry, something like Albert Einstein, I have forgotten the name.

Just follow the natural hair movement or use black soap

He is not an african but he has this hair type that is super kinky hair and it is so dry no matter what kind of shampoo he's using embarassed.. Maybe because here in Asia, they don't sell a shampoo for that specific type of hair..
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
QueenSuccubus:

We w1
He is not an african but he has this hair type that is super kinky hair and it is so dry no matter what kind of shampoo he's using embarassed.. Maybe because here in Asia, they don't sell a shampoo for that specific type of hair..
the shampoo should be sulphate free and also have moisturising properties.

What he then needs is like 3 different types of conditioners and he should apply a lot of it, not little as if it is Asian hair.

Cantu conditioners are a good place to start

1 Like

Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by QueenSuccubus(f): 9:09am On May 24, 2020
Oluromatic let's chat here since this is a dead thread cheesy
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by Dalil6: 5:39pm On May 31, 2020
QueenSuccubus:

I'm not him but am way cuter and romantic. And well hung too hahaha wink
Re: What Shampoo Usually African People Use? by Dalil6: 7:09am On Jun 01, 2020
QueenSuccubus:

Do you grant me the permission to send you a pm?

(1) (Reply)

Help: I Want My Wife To Deliver Her Baby In Us Or Any Advance Country / Will She Be Infected? / Brushing Mouth With Hydrogen Peroxide Feel So Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.