Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan (73737 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Rock Matching Pajamas With His Beautiful Family (Picture) / Mark Zuckerberg And His Family's Halloween Costumes 2018 (Photo) / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Royemus: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2019
damiloladuke:
Facebook CEO and billionaire Mark Zuckerberg has built a sleep box for his wife Priscilla so she could sleep well at night.

Priscilla, according to Mark, had been having difficulty having good sleep because of the kids. The sleep box was constructed in such a way that it emit some light when it;s the right time for her to wake from sleep.

He made the revelation via his Instagram page:

Being a mom is hard, and since we’ve had kids Priscilla has had a hard time sleeping through the night. She’ll wake up and check the time on her phone to see if the kids might wake up soon, but then knowing the time stresses her out and she can’t fall back asleep. So I worked on building her what I call the “sleep box”.

It sits on her nightstand, and between the hours of 6-7am it emits a very faint light — visible enough that if she sees it she’ll know it’s an okay time for one of us to get the kids, but faint enough that the light won’t wake her up if she’s still sleeping.

And since it doesn’t show the time, if she wakes up in the middle of the night, she knows to just go back to sleep without having to worry about what time it is. So far this has worked better than I expected and she can now sleep through the night.

As an engineer, building a device to help my partner sleep better is one of the best ways I can think of to express my love and gratitude. A bunch of my friends have told me they’d want something like this, so I’m putting this out there in case another entrepreneur wants to run with this and build sleep boxes for more people!

https://lailasnews.com/mark-zuckerberg-builds-sleep-box-for-wife-so-she-could-sleep-at-night/

To much money
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Vado(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2019
Won't she wake up to pee? Isn't the purpose defeated that way?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by GumGum: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2019
GreyBlood:
like seriously at the emboldened? He has the right to live his life and spend any amount that makes him happy since he has the money. You don't need to 'feel disappointed' at the way a billionaire spends his money; I believe if you're a billionaire as a Nigerian you will spend more on trivialities than Mark.

I like your comprehension skill.

You understood that I was disappointed.

I was because Mark Zuckerberg is an epitome of hard work, frugality and simplicity. Every action he usually takes is aimed at obtaining a better return. This particular decision is a waste of resources.

Why should a T-Shirt cost 200k for a man who understands the value of money?

Why should the said T-Shirt be plain and unremarkable even at that price?

Mark is already a Legend. A simple thing as putting a slight design on the back or breast pocket area of the shirt will go a long way in cementing that peculiar look as being his. This will mean that in the future, even when he would be no more, that look would always be Mark Zuckerberg.

GumGum says so again.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by spirul77: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=GumGum post=77921792]

I like your comprehension skill.

You understood that I was disappointed.

I was because Mark Zuckerberg is an epitome of hard work, frugality and simplicity. Every action he usually takes is aimed at obtaining a better return. This particular decision is a waste of resources.

Why should a T-Shirt cost 200k for a man who understands the value of money?

Why should the said T-Shirt be plain and unremarkable even at that price?

Mark is already a Legend. A simple thing as putting a slight design on the back or breast pocket area of the shirt will go a long way in cementing that peculiar look as being his. This will mean that in the future, even when he would be no more, that look would always be Mark Zuckerberg.

GumGum says so again.

in the process of trying to appear wise you come end up confuse the whole thing sef, Reno omokri wannabe

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Joshuawobo(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2019
Awwn...money dey na
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by fasa199(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2019
matify83:

That Shirt you see him wearing has a thousand replica in his wardrobe.

How do you know. Have you seen his wardrobe??
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Fhowe: 10:58am On Apr 28, 2019
GraGra247:
When they can hire 100 reputable world class nannies that can check on the kids at night.

Let them be punishing themselves.
not everybody likes all this domestic staffs irrespective of their wealth ,alot of people like DIY (do it yourself) no matter how any other person does it they can never be satisfied my sister is like this

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Fourwinds: 10:58am On Apr 28, 2019
GraGra247:
When they can hire 100 reputable world class nannies that can check on the kids at night.

Human beings...u can never satisfy them. The same people shouting why didn't he hire a nany will be the ones shouting that he doesn't take care of his kids cos he is rich if he entrists their care to a nanny. What I don't understand is why you think you have an opinion about someone else's life

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Firstandonly(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2019
Kenmatt:
Laughing out loud!

Money can not do anything. With the money they have, she does not even have peace of mind. That is why she cannot sleep at night. Is she the only nursing mother on Earth?

However, let me drop this as a pill for anybody that wants to sleep like a new born baby.

When you try this, just come back and say thank you Kenmatt.

Make a tea with an ice water, if possible, a very cold water from the Fridge, use it to make your tea, when you finish drinking the ice tea, lo and behold, you will sleep like a new born baby.
no nursing mother sleep comfortably at night whether rich or poor. and for that ur tips will u use coffee, chocolate or Lipton to make the tea.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2019
This thread is coming at a time when I need money so much.

Anyway, I am trusting on God, as usual.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by matify83: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2019
fasa199:

How do you know. Have you seen his wardrobe??

yes!

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Kasali226(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2019
See wetin dis one dey use my MB do grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by SUNDICOS(m): 11:23am On Apr 28, 2019
The video can help
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by alimaxion: 11:23am On Apr 28, 2019
matify83:

That Shirt you see him wearing has a thousand replica in his wardrobe.

Thanks for educating him, he should know better except if he's joking
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by SUNDICOS(m): 11:24am On Apr 28, 2019
Ayotemide:
Sometimes it is all in the thoughtfulness, the invention however simple; the sweetness behind it is beautiful.
just the truth

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by alimaxion: 11:27am On Apr 28, 2019
GraGra247:

You will never know the value of spending time with your kids. Both of them spend 80% of their awake time making sure everything goes well in their businesses. If you really value the time your parents spent with you when you were young then you will understand what they are doing. You can ask Bill and Melinda Gate, they will educate you better.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Naijageak(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2019
Wow. See love.

Success is sweet

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Praktikals(m): 11:36am On Apr 28, 2019
Ciaos:
Him dressing self na wa,na so he go wear only one shirt for years.
If you believe this, you can believe anything
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by namiji2598: 11:38am On Apr 28, 2019
Lassandi:

Yes o .he has failed bro. If he knack the woman well .sleep go come by force by fire
nawa ooooo

bad gangs
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2019
Tsam96:
Human beings...u can never satisfy them. The same people shouting why didn't he hire a nany will be the ones shouting that he doesn't take care of his kids cos he is rich if he entrists their care to a nanny. What I don't understand is why you think you have an opinion about someone else's life
I love your quote... Medal �
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by georgepopsii(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2019
Ciaos:
So this rich man no get Nanny way fit help am take care of him children.This man go dey stingy,he too manage money. Him dressing self na wa,na so he go wear only one shirt for years.

So you think being rich is about how you dress? Or when you have kids and you're rich the nanny and maids should take over all duties including taking care of your children and depriving your kids of the tender loving and care of their own mother simply because you're rich. That's not the way to live. As a parent regardless of how rich you are you shouldn't be proud asking nanny to take the place of mother in their lives. Thank you
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by XavierD(f): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2019
To Some demons, actually caring for your wife sounds very strange to them
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by jconsulting(f): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2019
The joy of parents is to look after their kids ,it gives joy more than money

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Spain007(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2019
Ciaos:
So this rich man no get Nanny way fit help am take care of him children.This man go dey stingy,he too manage money. Him dressing self na wa,na so he go wear only one shirt for years.

No b by being materialistic matters...na ur N° 6
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by lilyheaven: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kendumazy:
Sleep box has been in existence for a very long time. Good, he thought of building one for his wife. Men, learn how to support and care for your wife. My uncle and I once met a man, her husband and 5 kids at the airport. Very beautiful woman, if they told you that woman had given birth. You won't believe. Beautiful woman with nice body. The man and my uncle started talking about politics, from there, my uncle told the man his wife has a nice body structure and beautiful. Na there, the man told my uncle the secret, giving her all necessary support he can and best of all is peace of mind. That's the result of the beauty and nice body you are seeing. You treat your wife like a slave at home sotey she looks like a rag, you see another man wife which the man has worked hard to make his wife beautiful, you dey like am.
Since then, my uncle had been taking good care of his wife. If he sees a lady putting on a nice dress and it's beautiful. Instead of admiring the lady, he will also look for that dress or something similar and buy for his wife. In one of his statement. Those dresses even looks more beautiful on my wife than those girls.
Lol! You are talking about your uncle, tell me how you are taking care of your wife.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by GraGra247(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
alimaxion:

You will never know the value of spending time with your kids. Both of them spend 80% of their awake time making sure everything goes well in their businesses. If you really value the time your parents spent with you when you were young then you will understand what they are doing. You can ask Bill and Melinda Gate, they will educate you better.

I don't need anyone to educate me. If caring for your kids is denying you sleep then you need additional help. If you die another fellow yet have to care for them.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by GraGra247(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
Fourwinds:

Why do have opinion about my comment. Since opinions are useless. You better walk or it will get nasty.

I didn't refer to you so please back off.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Sermwell(m): 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
GumGum:

If this is true, then he really isn't as smart as I thought

Those T-Shirts are plain. Nothing differentiates them from other T-Shirts. If it had like a special design or watermark, it would have become a collectors item.

GumGum says so!
I can see you are smarter than Zuckerberg.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Fourwinds: 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2019
GraGra247:

Why do have opinion about my comment. Since opinions are useless. You better walk or it will get nasty.

I didn't refer to you so please back off.
tell me what will get nasty?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2019
thesicilian:

Did I tell I I was better than her or that I didn't read the article? I wonder how you manage to survive in school.
It's wat u are implying by ur statement
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ciaos:

LMAO! grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Builds Sleep Box For Wife, Priscilla Chan by NoToPile: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kenmatt:
Laughing out loud!

Money can not do anything. With the money they have, she does not even have peace of mind. That is why she cannot sleep at night. Is she the only nursing mother on Earth?

However, let me drop this as a pill for anybody that wants to sleep like a new born baby.

When you try this, just come back and say thank you Kenmatt.

Make a tea with an ice water, if possible, a very cold water from the Fridge, use it to make your tea, when you finish drinking the ice tea, lo and behold, you will sleep like a new born baby.

I am almost certain you are not married or even lived in the same apartment with someone who had a baby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak From Seomarts.com / POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW / Mark Zuckerberg: Startup Ecosystem In Nigeria Is What I Came To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.