Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? (4186 Views)

HELP!! My Passport Application Is Being Delayed By Immigration After Payment / Same Day/week Renewal Of 9ja Passport In USA / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by chukxie(m): 2:02am On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

Those are the questions you have asked earlier:

Why was the Nigerian guy denied entry into China while the Ugandan lady was let in? Aren't they both blacks? So, the imperative question begging for answer is why are we often treated differently ?

Now, my questions to you: Who told you Nigerians are often treated differently? Do you have any numerical data to back this up or your only basis are unsubstantiated stories like the one your friend had told you?

You didn't allude to racism as being the reason for your mate entry's refusal into China. I only brought up the discrimination issue to suggest that it is easy to come up with an erroneous conclusion when you dont have all the facts. I am sure people of all nationalities have been denied entry in China. The lady from Uganda may have been more qualified than your mate. Your mate may have hidden the truth to you.

Now back to my question, how do you know Nigerians are often treated differently?

Same to you : You should read with an open mind so you don't appear like one that lacks comprehensive abilities

With regards to China, Nigerians are often denied entry because It is a sad fact that amongst foreign nationals in China, Nigerians commit the most number of crimes. Furthermore, an unspecified number of Nigerians have been caught with fake visas, bogus passports and documents at POE. This has led to a situation where Nigerian travelers are often seen as potential criminals hence are scrutinized more stringently by immigration officers. So, it's fair to say that the reputation of a teeny weeny number of country men have put us in the quagmire we find ourselves.

The Ugandan lady in question isn't more qualified than my mate. I know this for a fact because I have close associates at the Canadian school.

Let's be objective in our criticisms, sir. Have a good one.

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Johncables402: 4:41am On May 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:

No matter how you try to deny it, I know you've been profiled based on your skin color abroad, especially in Asia grin

OP, its a well known fact, that Asians prefer people with White skin. If you research well you'll see that most black nationals are not allowed to teach/lecture there. For example in China, South Africans are allowed to teach because there are whites among them, the same thing happens in Dubai but you won't see Kenyans, Ivorians or any other country with mostly black population given such privilege, take heart as Thecongo said, it's because you're from a country with majority black population

You do know that the minute you tell people you are Nigerian outside of Nigeria they will treat you with disdain or suspicion. Kenyans do teach in china and South Korea. You also lie , there are black South African teachers in Asia, why are they not discriminated?. Is South Africa not a majority black country?.

2 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Mizwisdom(f): 5:54am On May 01, 2019
Johncables402:

You do know that the minute you tell people you are Nigerian outside of Nigeria they will treat you with disdain or suspicion. Kenyans do teach in china and South Korea. You also lie , there are black South African teachers in Asia, why are they not discriminated?. Is South Africa not a majority black country?.

Why do you people lie so much? the minute your skin is seen in any predominantly white country, you stand a high risk of being profiled. You will be singled out and searched because of your skin color. Many Westerns think Africa is a country not even a continent, they don't care if your Ghanaian or Nigerian as long as you're black, you're from Africa to them. If you put a White Southy beside a black Southy, even when the black one is far more qualified to teach, an Asian will pick a White man and pay him more than he'll pay the black one. You can continue deceiving yourself, I believe it's a free world and you're entitled to your views

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 9:29am On May 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Why do you people lie so much? the minute your skin is seen in any predominantly white country, you stand a high risk of being profiled. You will be singled out and searched because of your skin color. Many Westerns think Africa is a country not even a continent, they don't care if your Ghanaian or Nigerian as long as you're black, you're from Africa to them . If you put a White Southy beside a black Southy, even when the black one is far more qualified to teach, an Asian will pick a White man and pay him more than he'll pay the black one. You can continue deceiving yourself, I believe it's a free world and you're entitled to your views

Thank you so much for the bolded.
Nigeria is basically the only African country many people know in North America.
I identified myself as French Canadian ( no, I am not white wink ) . However, many places I go in the States people think I am Nigerian. I never felt mistreated in anyway because of the fact I am been perceived as a Nigerian. I have said it on my earlier post, we are just been perceived as black people regardless of one nationality.

It is unfortunate that Nigerians love feeding themselves will lies that everyone hate them

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 9:44am On May 01, 2019
chukxie:

With regards to China, Nigerians are often denied entry because It is a sad fact that amongst foreign nationals in China, Nigerians commit the most number of crimes. Furthermore, an unspecified number of Nigerians have been caught with fake visas, bogus passports and documents at POE. This has led to a situation where Nigerian travelers are often seen as potential criminals hence are scrutinized more stringently by immigration officers. So, it's fair to say that the reputation of a teeny weeny number of country men have put us in the quagmire we find ourselves.

The Ugandan lady in question isn't more qualified than my mate. I know this for a fact because I have close associates at the Canadian school.

Let's be objective in our criticisms, sir. Have a good one.

You are asking me to be objective but your post is still far from been objective.

According to your post, the Ugandan lady isn't more qualified than your mate as per your associate in the Canadian school. To be objective, you should at least share more light as to who exactly this associate of yours is and how did he come to this conclusion. This is why I brought up the issue of the tribunal dealing with discrimination in Canada. They never left any stone unturned to prove a point. But in your friend case, it is still hearsay that you want us to swallow as fact.

Furthermore, if you want to be objective, you should provide data comparing the ratio of Nigerian travelers who had been denied entries against those of travelers from each country of the world. Numerical data should be the facts and not some biased stories written on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by chukxie(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

You are asking me to be objective but your post is still far from been objective.

According to your post, the Ugandan lady isn't more qualified than your mate as per your associate in the Canadian school. To be objective, you should at least share more light as to who exactly this associate of yours is and how did he come to this conclusion. This is why I brought up the issue of the tribunal dealing with discrimination in Canada. They never left any stone unturned to prove a point. But in your friend case, it is still hearsay that you want us to swallow as fact.

Furthermore, if you want to be objective, you should provide data comparing the ratio of Nigerian travelers who had been denied entries against those of travelers from each country of the world. Numerical data should be the facts and not some biased stories written on Nairaland

How much empirical data have you provided to prove Nigerians aren't treated differently at airports? None! Doesn't that leave the both of us on the same boat ? You want me to shed light on my associates at the Canadian school on a faceless forum before you'd believe me? How ludicrous of you! Have a nice one, man.

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by chukxie(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

How much empirical data have you provided to prove Nigerians aren't treated differently at airports? You haven't provided any either! Doesn't that leave the both of us in the same boat ? You want me to shed light on my associates at the Canadian school on a faceless forum before you'd believe me? How ludicrous of you! Have a nice one, man.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 1:04pm On May 01, 2019
chukxie:

How much empirical data have you provided to prove Nigerians aren't treated differently at airports? None! Doesn't that leave the both of us on the same boat ? You want me to shed light on my associates at the Canadian school on a faceless forum before you'd believe me? How ludicrous of you! Have a nice one, man. 

My point exactly. No data, no case . Therefore, your question as to why Nigerians are treated differently is unfounded.

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by chukxie(m): 1:10pm On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

My point exactly. No data, no case . Therefore, your question as to why Nigerians are treated differently is unfounded.

And your assertion that Nigerians aren't being treated differently is equally baseless and unfounded.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Johncables402: 1:25pm On May 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Why do you people lie so much? the minute your skin is seen in any predominantly white country, you stand a high risk of being profiled. You will be singled out and searched because of your skin color. Many Westerns think Africa is a country not even a continent, they don't care if your Ghanaian or Nigerian as long as you're black, you're from Africa to them. If you put a White Southy beside a black Southy, even when the black one is far more qualified to teach, an Asian will pick a White man and pay him more than he'll pay the black one. You can continue deceiving yourself, I believe it's a free world and you're entitled to your views

You have not answered my question . Why are black South Africans not banned from applying for work visas in Asia, and the same for some countries like Kenya?. I'm not asking if they are treated as whites or not .
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 1:26pm On May 01, 2019
chukxie:

And your assertion that Nigerians aren't being treated differently is equally baseless and unfounded.

When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim.

You are among those people feeding Nigerians with claims you are unable to prove.

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by chukxie(m): 1:57pm On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim.

You are among those people feeding Nigerians with claims you are unable to prove.

And you're amongst those people disputing claims you can not prove otherwise. You should have provided proof that my claims were unfounded. Isn't that how it is done in a court of law? But you didn't do that. You and I are stuck in the same boat either way. And hey, don't let your epinephrine shoot up over nothing serious. Have a good May 1st.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by jjohndoe83: 3:32pm On May 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I can possibly give it a look if you give me your visa number....
I was actually waiting to see your comment on this! You mean OP should provide his visa number I'm screaming right now! How impossible can you be! He says there's was no policy in place exlcude Nigerian throughout the process. I need you to disprove that and I will take you seriously.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Exposeke: 4:33pm On May 01, 2019
Not really, just be compliant, I came across this job website in Kenya https://bikenya.com/category/jobs/ and currently working here without any issues
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 4:42pm On May 01, 2019
Exposeke:
Not really, just be compliant, I came across this job website in Kenya https://bikenya.com/category/jobs/ and currently working here without any issues

Thanks bro for your contribution.

So tell me something, do you feel mistreated in Kenya because of your Nigerian background?

We have heard so many horrible stories with respect to mistreatment on Nigerians out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:59pm On May 01, 2019
Johncables402:

You have not answered my question . Why are black South Africans not banned from applying for work visas in Asia, and the same for some countries like Kenya?. I'm not asking if they are treated as whites or not .

It's obvious that you're not getting me, we don't need to drag this unless you want to deceive yourself. Supposing Nigeria was made up of 30% white population, ask yourself if they'll profile every Nigerian as corrupt including whites. I won't trade words with you, as you don't seem to get my point.

2 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Johncables402: 5:10pm On May 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:

It's obvious that you're not getting me, we don't need to drag this unless you want to deceive yourself. Supposing Nigeria was made up of 30% white population, ask yourself if they'll profile every Nigerian as corrupt including whites. I won't trade words with you, as you don't seem to get my point.

There is nothing to get , your post is stupid. Nigeria is hated because of our great potential and dominance in the world , but weak blacks like soutg Africans will be preferred because they are stupid . It has nothing to do with skin colour .
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 5:23pm On May 01, 2019
Johncables402:

There is nothing to get , your post is stupid. Nigeria is hated because of our great potential and dominance in the world , but weak blacks like soutg Africans will be preferred because they are stupid . It has nothing to do with skin colour .

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Johncables402: 5:27pm On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking

Is that important to the discussion undecided.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 5:29pm On May 01, 2019
Johncables402:

Is that important to the discussion undecided.

Yes, it is relevant

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Johncables402: 5:39pm On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

Yes, it is relevant

Nigeria at the moment , where are you based ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Obtain Ecowas Travel Certificate (passport) / How Much Is The Fare From Lagos To Warri By Bus? / How Much Does Airnigeria Charge To Sao Tome Both One Way And Return Ticket?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.