Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Define Your Curls With These Techniques - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Define Your Curls With These Techniques (30018 Views)

6 Proven Ways To Define Your Style / Let Your Style Define You: Check This Out! / How To Make Beautiful Curls With A Flat Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
How do i change my dry, thick, straight hair to soft, curly hair? This was the question i used to ask myself until i stumbled upon this.
Do you want to change your look by curling your hair?
Here are some techniques on how to define your curls.
There are different ways to define your curls; here are the list
Shingling: After washing your hair, section your hair into four parts, add your moisturizer and your curl gel to little strands of your hair.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
Raking: This method is same as shingling, the only difference is that instead of adding your curl gel to little strands of your hair, take a section and cut it into a sub-section, then just rake through the sub-section. The picture below shows the shingling and the raking method.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
Finger Coils: After adding your moisturizer and curl gel, use your finger from the root of your hair and curl to the tip of the hair. If you are doing this yourself, you are going to feel pain in your arm, so i suggest you do it in a salon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Flexi Rods: We know the drill, wash, moisturize, de-tangle and add your curl gel. Cut your hair into sections and use your flexi rods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
Bantu Knots: After washing your hair de-tangle the hair and make your bantu knots. You can leave the bantu knots over night before loosing it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
Perm Rod Set: Use the same method as flexi rod, but the only difference here is that you're using perm rod set.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
Two Strand Twist: Two strand twist is another method used in curling your hair.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
Flat Twist: This flat twist is just like two strand twist, the only difference is that you'll braid it like you're weaving the hair.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
Braid Out: You'll braid your hair and then loose it, make sure you don't loose the hair with a comb, do this with your hand and do it gently because you want your curls to come out fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
Straw Set: You'll need to use straws for the straw set curls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Enixfashionhous: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2019
CurlFormers: curlformers are also used to define curls. Curlformers is known to straighten your hair, if you want your hair straightened and you don't want to use hair straightener because of the heat, I'll recommend you use curlformers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by shindymum(f): 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Oya
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by peteroria1001: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
All of the Above cheesy angry tongue
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Next life, I'll still be a man.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by CwazyBlaqGal(f): 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Oya nau
Let's go der
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Jestin: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Let me learn some skills so that I can style my future wife
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by DBossNG(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
grin
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2019
We can't STOP loving curls....

So cute.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Sellfish(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
Nice cool

There aren't many things as blissful as her curly hair tickling your balls during a Mouth Gig smiley

2 Likes

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
iAudio:
Next life, I'll still be a man.

Two ice cold orijin bitters for you there...

Women wahala too much

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by tobechi20(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
pogba hair nko
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by go4success(f): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
Nice
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Houseofglam7(f): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
smiley
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by harriet412(f): 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
kiss
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Sabaru21(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2019
mstwwww.... Divide ur hair into several segments,and try each one
thrash
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by bentwood85(m): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
Nigerian girls no get curly hair.... na weavon Dem carry full everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by czarina(f): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
Braid outs are lit kiss
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by czarina(f): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
bentwood85:
Nigerian girls no get curly hair.... na weavon Dem carry full everywhere.
Na we we even get curly hair. Most of us only ruined it with chemicals

4 Likes

Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by lateezy(f): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
nice
Re: Define Your Curls With These Techniques by Peters1234: 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2019
Wetin I know. But it looks beautiful sha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Updates From MBGN 2015 / Check Out My New Lalle/henna Design. What Do You Think? (pics Ins.) / Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.