Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! (2578 Views)

International Passport Advice Needed. / Nigerian Immigration To Introduce Various Visa Categories / Passport: Nigerian Immigration Reacted To Widespread About The New Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Eze2000(m): 5:22am On Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

Please, I really do need some advice on this issue as I am so fed up at the moment and critically short of ideas.

About the middle of last month, March, I went to take a passport at the Nigerian Immigration office over in Festact town Lagos. No one seemed to have heard of 17,000 naira the Federal government officially claims is the cost of Nigerian passports and so I had to pay the 28k demanded. I also paid for the issuance of other documents like birth certificate there since i was not with mine.

One of the immigration officers who helped me through the whole processes told me the process would take about 3 weeks then advised I pay her an extra 5k to facilitate the release of the passport even sooner. Total amoutn paid is about 40k

About 2 weeks afterward, when I called to check, she told me that the Federal Government had not imported the booklet yet. Imagine such rubbish? Last time I talked to her was just before Easter and the problem then was that everyone had gone on Easter break.

As of today, I don't know where I stand and that passport is very important to my business. In fact, traveling aside, it is affecting me badly in the area of valid identification.

I took national ID way back in 1999, never got that one. Did it again in Lagos in 2016, still waiting for their phone call or SMS till today. I took Voters card in April and they said I will get an SMS to take, but I never did. After my Yoruba neighbor showed me his in December I went to the LGA for mine only to discover that some characters had decided not to issue Igbos any PVC before elections.

Please, can some explain to me what I did to this country or has anyone else been in my shoes with this passport issue? How did it end?

Modified
I just collected my passport today., 14th June

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Alamu1111: 5:27am On Apr 29, 2019
Ok welcome to nigeria

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 6:15am On Apr 29, 2019
Hmmm SMH is this what am going to face too? A friend I contacted to help me with his contact who could facilitate the process said there was no booklet too just last week...and I need this stuff ASAP

And he said it would cost me 50k
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Eze2000(m): 6:32am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:
Hmmm SMH is this what am going to face too? A friend I contacted to help me with his contact who could facilitate the process said there was no booklet too just last week...and I need this stuff ASAP

thank u fof confirming this. so my contact is not lying to me after all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 6:35am On Apr 29, 2019
Eze2000:

thank u fof confirming this. so my contact is not lying to me after all
He isn’t as my contact confirmed from two of his contacts.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Hadampson(m): 6:53am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:

That's outrageous.. I paid 30k and got mine after one week
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 7:45am On Apr 29, 2019
Hadampson:

That's outrageous.. I paid 30k and got mine after one week
When did you do yours and where ?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Hadampson(m): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:

When did you do yours and where ?

I applied for passport 2 weeks ago and got it last week. I did it at federal secretariat in ilorin
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 8:36am On Apr 29, 2019
Hadampson:

I applied for passport 2 weeks ago and got it last week. I did it at federal secretariat in ilorin
I’m in Lagos
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Hadampson(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:

I’m in Lagos

You can do it at Alausa
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2019
Hadampson:

You can do it at Alausa
Where to do it is not an issue but a trust worthy person that can deliver in due time

Wouldn’t want it to take more than 2 weeks
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Hadampson(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:

Where to do it is not an issue but a trust worthy person that can deliver in due time

Wouldn’t want it to take more than 2 weeks

I suggest you try somewhere else.. Maybe delta state cos i heard they no dey delay at all
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2019
Mention them on twitter and the name of the people that collected money from you, I'm sure they'll be chasing you with calls to come and collect your passport grin their handle on twitter is @nigimmigration

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2019
Hadampson:

I suggest you try somewhere else.. Maybe delta state cos i heard they no dey delay at all
From Lagos ?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2019
hatbricker:
Mention them on twitter and the name of the people that collected money from you, I'm sure they'll be chasing you with calls to come and collect your passport grin their handle on twitter is @nigimmigration
Thanks boss. This is helpful and I will do it online myself and follow them up on Twitter

No more 17,500 for standard official price is 25k
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Eze2000(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:
I’m in Lagos
I am in lagos too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Eze2000(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:
I’m in Lagos
I am in lagos too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by andrew444(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2019
Sorry bro

Me that I lost my passport that I went to festac I was charged 60k it included affidavit and police report I paid after that stories upon stories for 6 months that they didn't send approval from Abuja ,I was so frustrated

I had to go to ikoyi I was charged 80k for lost passport ,I finally got my passport on 3 weeks time ,I went to festac to fight for my money back ,I only got 20k in return I had to leave everything

Those workers at the passport office are so corrupt
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by lilkudos(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2019
Eze2000:

I am in lagos too

Please what are the required documents for the passport processing??
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by flourishing247: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
Na wa oooo. Passport I got under two days. No mago mago sef . People just like making things challenging for others
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Joe4real1988(m): 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
lilkudos:

Please what are the required documents for the passport processing??
National i.d/voter's card, birth cert, state of origin, 2 passport photographs, patience and luck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Eze2000:

I am in lagos too
Which of their office did you apply to get?
I want to use Festac
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
flourishing247:
Na wa oooo. Passport I got under two days. No mago mago sef . People just like making things challenging for others
2 days Where ?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
Joe4real1988:
National i.d/voter's card, birth cert, state of origin, 2 passport photographs, patience and luck.
Lol. I think it’s the identification number that they need ? I lost my voters card and national ID be like heavenly race
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Eze2000(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:
Which of their office did you apply to get? I want to use Festac
it is fesrac giving me this wahala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Eze2000(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:
Which of their office did you apply to get? I want to use Festac

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
Eze2000:

Chisos...where am planning on going

Okay try contact them on Twitter
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by themba(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
Why give adog a bad name just to hang it......i did my from the comfort of my home for my self ad my baby ad i paid ,17k plus official ad 10k plus for my child just ,10days before easter , my baby ' own is out , as at today my own is out but yet to go to ikoyi to pick it.....i must commend mr Akpan in the servicom unit, who helped me arrange my documents ad assisted me to DYI , ad i captured that same day, i was marvelled ooo at Nig Immigration.....quote author=humblesteve post=77948726]
Thanks boss. This is helpful and I will do it online myself and follow them up on Twitter

No more 17,500 for standard official price is 25k [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
@ themba I no understand what you typed oh
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Blessedmum(f): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Eze2000:
Hello,

Please, I really do need some advice on this issue as I am so fed up at the moment and critically short of ideas.

About the middle of last month, March, I went to take a passport at the Nigerian Immigration office over in Festact town Lagos. No one seemed to have heard of 17,000 naira the Federal government officially claims is the cost of Nigerian passports and so I had to pay the 28k demanded. I also paid for the issuance of other documents like birth certificate there since i was not with mine.

One of the immigration officers who helped me through the whole processes told me the process would take about 3 weeks then advised I pay her an extra 5k to facilitate the release of the passport even sooner. Total amoutn paid is about 40k

About 2 weeks afterward, when I called to check, she told me that the Federal Government had not imported the booklet yet. Imagine such rubbish? Last time I talked to her was just before Easter and the problem then was that everyone had gone on Easter break.

As of today, I don't know where I stand and that passport is very important to my business. In fact, traveling aside, it is affecting me badly in the area of valid identification.

I took national ID way back in 1999, never got that one. Did it again in Lagos in 2016, still waiting for their phone call or SMS till today. I took Voters card in April and they said I will get an SMS to take, but I never did. After my Yoruba neighbor showed me his in December I went to the LGA for mine only to discover that some characters had decided not to issue Igbos any PVC before elections.

Please, can some explain to me what I did to this country or has anyone else been in my shoes with this passport issue? How did it end?

CC: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Modes, please do help push this post to front page so i might get some reasonable response.
We are in the same shoe as regards the passport wahala. I paid 35k for express since last month am yet to receive it. I was told there is no booklet.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by Joe4real1988(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
humblesteve:

Lol. I think it’s the identification number that they need ? I lost my voters card and national ID be like heavenly race
I used National i.d sha but sum1 i met dere said he used voter's card.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! by humblesteve(m): 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2019
Joe4real1988:
I used National i.d sha but sum1 i met dere said he used voter's card.
I don’t have any one self

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Am A White Man From Dublin, I Got Lost In Nigeria" - Stranded Man Tells Kokun / What Do You Think of Poland? / Travelling To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.